• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yep. Called it. I had a pretty strong feeling in my gut that they'd be a duo fighter. The only thing that's surprising is the lack of a reveal trailer despite having an introduction animation.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Now I take a closer look at images other than the reveal tagline I think the models could be the same - but probably aren't.

It could be beta models on the Garf leak, but it likely isn't.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There are two sets of models actually that were part of the leakView attachment 330242
The colours don't really match like how there were missing details for Lincoln, I really think we need to discard this as funny as **** Garfield is.

Ren and Stimpy are noted to be designed to be easy for newbies as they often have wide arcs or attack on both sides, making positioning less important, in other words, they can't be crossed up easily

Teeb147

Smash Legend
lol thx my bad then. I haven't fully kept up with the early speculation.

So now we're just waiting for the avatar characters and then finally maybe those we don't know will show up.

amageish

Smash Master
Nice to get a trailer with a bit of footage plus a moveset! I wonder if they'll also post something at 10AM PST like they have been lately, or if this is the news of the day.

The moveset looks neat, though not as crazy as I was expecting... Do we think it is what raised the age rating in Australia, or is there something else coming down the line?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
They're so...expressive. So...cartoony.

I love it!

They're like the Banjo & Kazooie of All-Star Brawl! Which honestly makes perfect sense to me and is more interesting than if they'd just been separate! Also, holy crap, that log Special looks insane!

Also, they have an outer space stage! That's pretty neat! Plus, did anyone else notice that on the Kitchen stage, the two died when they ended up landing in the bowl of cereal? And, well, I guess Stage Theory is looking a bit more likelier now.

Also also, did anyone notice that they have two different renders? Personally, I'm more a fan of the first one myself.

Also also also, since they're basically a 2-in-1 fighter, and since Stage Theory actually looks a bit more legit now, and assuming that we are indeed getting 22 fighters (and three of the remaining ones are from Avatar), that leaves two completely unknown fighters, which I'm fine with!

So yeah, they look like a lot of fun! Although, considering I'm pretty unfamiliar with the show, would anyone here mind pointing out the references in their moveset?

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
The colours don't really match like how there were missing details for Lincoln, I really think we need to discard this as funny as **** Garfield is.

Ren and Stimpy are noted to be designed to be easy for newbies as they often have wide arcs or attack on both sides, making positioning less important, in other words, they can't be crossed up easily
Yeah, looking at all the models, while there are similarities and stuff, it's a bit inconsistent so it's probably not legit,

Regardless, Garfield is still very likely to happen even without the leak so it's worth holding out hope

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
They're so...expressive. So...cartoony.

I love it!

They're like the Banjo & Kazooie of All-Star Brawl! Which honestly makes perfect sense to me and is more interesting than if they'd just been separate! Also, holy crap, that log Special looks insane!

Also, they have an outer space stage! That's pretty neat! And, well, I guess Stage Theory is looking a bit more likelier now.

Also also, did anyone notice that they have two different renders? Personally, I'm more a fan of the first one myself.

Also also also, since they're basically a 2-in-1 fighter, and since Stage Theory actually looks a bit more legit now, and assuming that we are indeed getting 22 fighters (and three of the remaining ones are from Avatar), that leaves two completely unknown fighters, which I'm fine with!

So yeah, they look like a lot of fun! Although, considering I'm pretty unfamiliar with the show, would anyone here mind pointing out the references in their moveset?
The log from Blammo is a toy from the series (2) Original Log Commercial | The Ren & Stimpy Show | NickRewind - YouTube

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I wasn't exactly thinking :ultduckhunt:/:ultbanjokazooie:-style when people were thinking they'd be a duo but I like this portrayal.
Seeing how complicated the Icies are in Smash (so much so that Sakurai could not add them in Smash 3DS) and how Rex had to be left out in Ultimate, the Banjo approach was probably the only viable one for Ren and Stimpy as a duo, especially since Ludosity is already low on time and budget.

Top Bottom