• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Seeing how complicated the Icies are in Smash (so much so that Sakurai could not add them in Smash 3DS) and how Rex had to be left out in Ultimate, the Banjo approach was probably the only viable one for Ren and Stimpy as a duo, especially since Ludosity is already low on time and budget.
Yeah, that's basically what I was thinking; replicating the Ice Climbers would've been quite the monumental task for an Indie developer like Ludosity, so having them resemble Banjo & Kazooie makes more sense to me.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Seeing how complicated the Icies are in Smash (so much so that Sakurai could not add them in Smash 3DS) and how Rex had to be left out in Ultimate, the Banjo approach was probably the only viable one for Ren and Stimpy as a duo, especially since Ludosity is already low on time and budget.
Not that they would have worked as abything else. Their bodies are way to different to work as ice climbers anyway.

As for this new leak development, well. I already was in favour of Garfiled and the character has a lot of emoticons at the NASB discord so he was likely either way.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
These look really similar, one is probably just from earlier in development.
View attachment 330247View attachment 330249
...But, again, I ask: if these are supposedly earlier versions of the models, why does Rep not know or recognize them?

I apologize if I come off as stubborn/arrogant with this, but it's really starting to feel like y'all are grasping at any little straw you can to try and justify this leak being real, despite the evidence to the contrary.

amageish

Smash Master
Personally, I'm going to trust the devs on the Garfield leak being fake... but also I think Garfield is an incredibly plausible addition anyway. We know the devs like Garfield, between the emojis and him having been in Rep's profile picture. Heck, Slap City had a Garfield reference... it was a version of Jenny Fox that wore the skin of Garfield, but it was still a reference.

1631636347883.png

So, yeah. Garfield being in would not surprise me all that much, beyond that it would require Nick approving his inclusion.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
...But, again, I ask: if these are supposedly earlier versions of the models, why does Rep not know or recognize them?

I apologize if I come off as stubborn/arrogant with this, but it's really starting to feel like y'all are grasping at any little straw you can to try and justify this leak being real, despite the evidence to the contrary.
Perhaps Fair Play made them but didn't show them to Ludosity until the models were 100% complete?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So how many characters are Frederator blocked?

fairly odd parents, kablam, el tigre,any others?

side question:aaaah real monsters gets a second character, who would you want them to go with, krum, ickus, snortch, or the gromble?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So how many characters are Frederator blocked?

fairly odd parents, kablam, el tigre,any others?

side question:aaaah real monsters gets a second character, who would you want them to go with, krum, ickus, snortch, or the gromble?
Gromble, absolutely, four legs could be interesting even if they're stubby, and he rocks those high heels with such confidence.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Did anyone else notice that the L is capitalized on the teaser?

It could be a character that has to do with the letter L

This is what I could think of
-Loud House (or any of the Louds)
-Lasagna
-Legend Of Korra
-Last Airbender

Or it's a run of the (Game)Mill typo
On the list of unfortunate typos this is certainly one of them.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Looks like we got 5 more fighters to go left:
reveal 2.jpg

Here's who I think they would be:
  1. Aang (Already confirmed in box art)
  2. Korra (Same as Aang)
  3. Another Avatar rep (Toph or Zuko)
  4. Someone from a unrepresented Nick franchise
  5. Another rep for Spongebob, Loud House, Danny Phantom or someone new

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

The models are too close for it to be coincidence. Still possible, not holding out, but I think there's good chances garfield is in.

amageish

Smash Master
On the list of unfortunate typos this is certainly one of them.
Honestly, I'm kind of glad it happened just so that I now can confidantly say ARG theories also aren't going to be true for this development team haha. They're announcing things, not coming up with big-brain teases for said announcements.

Now, moving on from Ls... How about M? Specifically the M rating in Australia. I know Australia's ratings are way harsher then most of the worlds, but I am still confused how this game has moved past "Cartoon Violence" into "Violence" from what we have seen so far? The expectation was that it would be Stimpy, but the closet thing to a real weapon we have with them is the "Memory Jogger" and that... isn't especially violent.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, if we assume that one of the three unknown fighters is a third Avatar rep, I'm personally hoping the remaining two are from shows that aren't represented in the game yet.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'm kind of glad it happened just so that I now can confidantly say ARG theories also aren't going to be true for this development team haha. They're announcing things, not coming up with big-brain teases for said announcements.

Now, moving on from Ls... How about M? Specifically the M rating in Australia. I know Australia's ratings are way harsher then most of the worlds, but I am still confused how this game has moved past "Cartoon Violence" into "Violence" from what we have seen so far? The expectation was that it would be Stimpy, but the closet thing to a real weapon we have with them is the "Memory Jogger" and that... isn't especially violent.
Rango with a pistol?

Really stupid theory, but what if Garfield has some sort of lasagna or oven move the ratings board thought was too replicable?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, if we assume that one of the three unknown fighters is a third Avatar rep, I'm personally hoping the remaining two are from shows that aren't represented in the game yet.
i've always thought the last two would be Rocko & Garfield, but after some of the speculation here from the past few weeks. it can be anyone.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
3 characters we don't know..

Current predictions from me :p

-Toph/Zuko
-Garfield
-Jenny/Timmy/Rocko/?

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Looks like we got 5 more fighters to go left:
View attachment 330254
Here's who I think they would be:
  1. Aang (Already confirmed in box art)
  2. Korra (Same as Aang)
  3. Another Avatar rep (Toph or Zuko)
  4. Someone from a unrepresented Nick franchise
  5. Another rep for Spongebob, Loud House, Danny Phantom or someone new
  1. Aang
  2. Korra
  3. Sokka
  4. Garfield
  5. Rocko/Luna Loud/Angry Beavers
Cool, new avvy Mamboo07. Calling dibs on the Garfirled render when/if he comes.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Final five bets rn

If Garf leak is real: Aang, Korra, Zuko or Toph, Garfield, Rocko
If Garf Leak is not real: Aang, Korra, Zuko or Toph, Garfield, something from Rocket Power or Beavers

Hot take: Jimmy will not be in.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
fairly odd parents, kablam, el tigre,any others
Screwed by licensing=/=screwed by Frederator. In Kablam's case I've been gunning for characters I know are 100% Viacom owned anyway.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, I'm happy. As a die-hard member of Ren-and-Stimpy-together gang, I'm feeling very vindicated right now. Ren & Stimpy look fun, and I'll definitely have to carry them alongside SpongeBob and CatDog in this game. Hell, THEY HAVE THE HISTORY ERASER BUTTON AS A MOVE. I might have to main these guys.

Also, not to be that guy, but... those R&S models are looking oddly similar to the ones from the Garfield leak. Just saying, if that mess turns out to be real after everyone in this thread writing it off and refusing to discuss it, I'm going to laugh SO hard.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Rango with a pistol?

Really stupid theory, but what if Garfield has some sort of lasagna or oven move the ratings board thought was too replicable?
I had 0 memory of Rango being Nick lol. Guns is a good point; that could be an instant raising if someone had one somewhere... If we didn't already have 3 Avatar stages, there are some other locations that I could potentially see being deemed too violent, especially if they pulled from TLoK...

There are already a lot of replicable slice-of-life moves, but idk if that would make your game instantly rated M.

1631637751552.png

Oh no, everyone, she has a TAROT CARD! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I guess I just find it incredibly hard to believe that one of the devs could be THAT careless so as to not only let this thing leak, but also not at least inform the Ludosity team about it.

It just seems like too big a case of non-communication for me to buy this.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here's a list of shows potentially screwed over by licensing

1. Doug - Disney
  2. Fairly OddParents - Frederator, Hartman, Nelvana
  3. ChalkZone - Frederator
  4. Teenage Robot - Frederator
  5. CatScratch - Gear
  6. Tak - THQ (Nordic)
  7. Fanboy & Chum Chum - Frederator
  8. TUFF Puppy - Hartman
  9. Winx Club - Rainbow Spa
  10. Bunsen - Hartman
  11. DreamWorks
  12. KaBlam - Most characters - notably Angela Anaconda
Mostly 2000s shows.

Also, while absolutely nobody is speculating or even wanting this, I don't know if US Acres (Orson's Gang) was part of the Garfield buyout.
It was.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
KaBlam - Angela Anaconda
It's actually everything that isn't Henry, June, and Action League Now that Nick doesn't own. And characters and locations that were part of H&J segments are owned by Nick too, but not the music.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It's actually everything that isn't Henry, June, and Action League Now that Nick doesn't own. And characters and locations that were part of H&J segments are owned by Nick too, but not the music.
Fixed
I had 0 memory of Rango being Nick lol. Guns is a good point; that could be an instant raising if someone had one somewhere... If we didn't already have 3 Avatar stages, there are some other locations that I could potentially see being deemed too violent, especially if they pulled from TLoK...

There are already a lot of replicable slice-of-life moves, but idk if that would make your game instantly rated M.

View attachment 330260

Oh no, everyone, she has a TAROT CARD! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN???
They gave Mario Odyssey an M because of Cookatiel spewing Mario in the soup, so it wouldn't be surprising if something relatively innocent got the rating bumped up.

That being said, I feel that if R&S don't have a vomit move nobody will.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Do you think it’s possible they just lied, because they don’t want people to believe the leak is real? I think that’s more likely than some random person making new models for Ren and Stimpy and having them look nearly identical to the official models.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
It's also very possible they didn't recognize it was real at first glance due to the different background used, considering it seems that the leak came from the modeling studio in Latin America rather than the main studio in Sweden.

They might have realized afterwards and that might be why they haven't been talking about it recently, at least, I haven't seen the devs mention it since then despite people still discussing it

I don't wanna assume they intentionally lied cus that would be kinda ****ty

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's really hard to know. I wouldn't want to think they intentionally lied, but yeah it's possible it was for an earlier build he didn't know or remember about. I dunno.

The models do have some slight differences though, like eye color. Hard to say for sure with the low quality one. But either way for me I see it like maybe 50/50 :p

amageish

Smash Master
The Best part for me about this is that thankfully John K isn't seeing a cent out of this apparently, Nickelodeon has made it so projects after the allegations and stuff came out that John K gets zero royalties for any future Ren and Stimpy projects.

**** John K, he's scum.
Nick has had a lot of ****ty people produce shows for them before, both on the animation and live-action sides... I am glad they have contracts that don't continue to reward them monetarily.

They gave Mario Odyssey an M because of Cookatiel spewing Mario in the soup, so it wouldn't be surprising if something relatively innocent got the rating bumped up.

That being said, I feel that if R&S don't have a vomit move nobody will.
True, it could be something very innocuous. It could be April O'Neil using the scariest weapon of all... journalism.

The pen is more M-rated then the sword, y'know.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Here's a list of shows potentially screwed over by licensing

1. Doug - Disney
  2. Fairly OddParents - Frederator, Hartman, Nelvana
  3. ChalkZone - Frederator
  4. Teenage Robot - Frederator
  5. CatScratch - Gear
  6. Tak - THQ (Nordic)
  7. Fanboy & Chum Chum - Frederator
  8. TUFF Puppy - Hartman
  9. Winx Club - Rainbow Spa
  10. Bunsen - Hartman
  11. DreamWorks
  12. KaBlam - Most characters - notably Angela Anaconda
Mostly 2000s shows.

Also, while absolutely nobody is speculating or even wanting this, I don't know if US Acres (Orson's Gang) was part of the Garfield buyout.
It was.
What about Jimmy Neutron & Barnyard with O Productions?
Found this cool little fan made thing of Squidward:
Basically the Kazuya trailer from Smash but with Nick characters.
When i watched this for the first time, i went back to mimic the character's screaming after dying/getting thrown off the cliff while Mr. Krabs yells "Mr. Squidward, This is Coming Out of Your Paycheck!" while falling. i even commented it below the video too.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
It's really hard to know. I wouldn't want to think they intentionally lied, but yeah it's possible it was for an earlier build he didn't know or remember about. I dunno.

The models do have some slight differences though, like eye color. Hard to say for sure with the low quality one. But either way for me I see it like maybe 50/50 :p
Regarding color differences, that could either be lighting, or touch ups done afterwards to make the characters brighter, more vibrant, match the artstyle more, more on model etc

Because everything else seemed to line up, it's way too much of a coincidence

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Nick has had a lot of ****ty people produce shows for them before, both on the animation and live-action sides... I am glad they have contracts that don't continue to reward them monetarily.

True, it could be something very innocuous. It could be April O'Neil using the scariest weapon of all... journalism.

The pen is more M-rated then the sword, y'know.
Except for Butch Harman?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Regarding color differences, that could either be lighting, or touch ups done afterwards to make the characters brighter, more vibrant, match the artstyle more, more on model etc

Because everything else seemed to line up, it's way too much of a coincidence
Yeah I agree. It seems very matching in general, though I don't know much about like.. what if there was 3d models in the racing game or something that could explain it, or whatever else. If there were no differences I'd say yeah ok it's definitely the same model, but can't be sure as it is, though definitely totally possible some touch ups happened in between, or the lighting like you said.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Yeah, I'm gonna give Rep the benefit of the doubt and say that he's not lying about the leak.

It's just, Ludosity and Fair Play Games are supposed to be working together on this game, so it seems odd to me that the former wouldn't be updated by the latter regarding character models, especially since Rep's comment implies that Ludosity does do some sort of work involving the models.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I guess I just find it incredibly hard to believe that one of the devs could be THAT careless so as to not only let this thing leak, but also not at least inform the Ludosity team about it.

It just seems like too big a case of non-communication for me to buy this.
That would most likely be because the images in question weren't posted publicly until the day after CatDog and April were revealed, and Rep responded to them pretty much immediately. There wouldn't have even been time for anyone at Fair Play to have seen the leak before then, let alone alerted the Ludosity team to it.

If the leak in question is fake, I'm honestly terrified of how (presumably) some rando on the internet made perfectly accurate models FROM SCRATCH for every character in the leak, including April, who wasn't known to be in the game until less than 24 hours prior, Ren & Stimpy, who were known to be in the game, but hadn't had their models shown until just now, Nigel Thornberry, who hasn't had an official model since the PS1 era, and Powdered Toast Man, who hasn't had a model period. At this point, the leak being entirely fabricated is honestly the LESS believable story for me. We are far beyond Grinch territory here.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
That would most likely be because the images in question weren't posted publicly until the day after CatDog and April were revealed, and Rep responded to them pretty much immediately. There wouldn't have even been time for anyone at Fair Play to have seen the leak before then, let alone alerted the Ludosity team to it.

If the leak in question is fake, I'm honestly terrified of how (presumably) some rando on the internet made perfectly accurate models FROM SCRATCH for every known character in the leak, including April, who wasn't known to be in the game until less than 24 hours prior, Ren & Stimpy, who were known to be in the game, but hadn't had their models shown until just now, Nigel Thornberry, who hasn't had an official model since the PS1 era, and Powdered Toast Man, who hasn't had a model period. At this point, the leak being entirely fabricated is honestly the LESS believable story for me. We are far beyond Grinch territory here.
Yeah I'm really not sure what kind of insane person would come up with such an elaborate hoax for a bloody Nicktoons game. "Well beyond Grinch territory" is a very apt way of putting it; there are no blurry images or shaky cameras. The characters are right there, front and center, in a crystal clear image. There has to be more going on here.

Top Bottom