• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
When i watched this for the first time, i went back to mimic the character's screaming after dying/getting thrown off the cliff while Mr. Krabs yells "Mr. Squidward, This is Coming Out of Your Paycheck!" while falling. i even commented it below the video too.
There's another one where he throws Lincoln off the cliff.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
That would most likely be because the images in question weren't posted publicly until the day after CatDog and April were revealed, and Rep responded to them pretty much immediately. There wouldn't have even been time for anyone at Fair Play to have seen the leak before then, let alone alerted the Ludosity team to it.

If the leak in question is fake, I'm honestly terrified of how (presumably) some rando on the internet made perfectly accurate models FROM SCRATCH for every character in the leak, including April, who wasn't known to be in the game until less than 24 hours prior, Ren & Stimpy, who were known to be in the game, but hadn't had their models shown until just now, Nigel Thornberry, who hasn't had an official model since the PS1 era, and Powdered Toast Man, who hasn't had a model period. At this point, the leak being entirely fabricated is honestly the LESS believable story for me. We are far beyond Grinch territory here.
Not to mention how characters like SpongeBob, Garfield, Ren and Stimpy had two sets of models made for it, and the idea of someone rendering all that in just under 24 hours for a fake leak is almost impossible.

There a chance that everything in that leak is real except for Garfield, but that is a very unlikely scenario considering everything else, plus the fact that the Garfield model seems to be one that has never been found on the internet before anywhere

FreeFox

Smash Lord
That would most likely be because the images in question weren't posted publicly until the day after CatDog and April were revealed, and Rep responded to them pretty much immediately. There wouldn't have even been time for anyone at Fair Play to have seen the leak before then, let alone alerted the Ludosity team to it.

If the leak in question is fake, I'm honestly terrified of how (presumably) some rando on the internet made perfectly accurate models FROM SCRATCH for every known character in the leak, including April, who wasn't known to be in the game until less than 24 hours prior, Ren & Stimpy, who were known to be in the game, but hadn't had their models shown until just now, Nigel Thornberry, who hasn't had an official model since the PS1 era, and Powdered Toast Man, who hasn't had a model period. At this point, the leak being entirely fabricated is honestly the LESS believable story for me. We are far beyond Grinch territory here.
While I agree that the leak is likely real, it doesnt change much by this point. Like, at best we know how Garfield and Aang look and that is basically it. (Garfield was speculated beforehand as a notable possible addition and Aang was in the shadow leak) We also still dont know who are the missing ATLA character or the other MIA character.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Crack theory: What if Technodrome ends up being Shredder's stage? Meaning we get shredder in base roster.

Too much of a stretch? I don't think stages are strictly bound to characters but it's a fun thought

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Really cool to see one of the most influential cartoons ever and the very first protagonists from one of the very first Nicktoons in "Ren & Stimpy" finally get revealed.

As Banjo-Kazooie main, I absolutely love that their essentially gonna fill that archetype in the game and their playstyle looks like it's really gonna be up my alley.

They are so damn cartoony and overly expressively animated !!! They even got their eyes bulging out kind of like DK and Banjo, But even better as an attack !!!

While I didn't really grow up with "Ren & Stimpy" as much as say "Spongebob", "Rocko", "CatDog" and "Angry Beavers", As they were a just a little bit before my time in (1991) and I was born in (1993), (Rocko debut the same year I was born ,But I think I recall them airing it more than Ren & Stimpy in the late 90's) But has some vague memories of seeing them a couple of times in the late 90's and was somewhat aware of who they were through promos, Definitely remember their theme intro. It's a show I always really wanted to get into more and have made an effort to watch it a lot more in recent years and has definitely made me a fan.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Crack theory: What if Technodrome ends up being Shredder's stage? Meaning we get shredder in base roster.

Too much of a stretch? I don't think stages are strictly bound to characters but it's a fun thought
Only reason I would have to say no would be if they did do 4 tmnt reps why wouldn’t the have just finished up the turtles

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Technically, three spots; one unknown Avatar character and two other completely unknown fighters.
I meant that we have no idea about. So one we know is most likely avatar, and then garfield has a chance, whatever it is, but then the last one we don't have much to go on at all, besides regular speculation, some thinking it could be Rocko, which is could, but I don't know if the devs have wanted him as a character. who knows.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I meant that we have no idea about. So one we know is most likely avatar, and then garfield has a chance, whatever it is, but then the last one we don't have much to go on at all, besides regular speculation, some thinking it could be Rocko, which is could, but I don't know if the devs have wanted him as a character. who knows.
In that case, we have an Avatar rep and two completely unknown fighters.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Looking at who we have and whats left, Rocko seems to be an obvious pick. For starters, Shout clearly has been easy to work with, as we have gotten a few shout characters already like Danny Phantom for instance. Frederator, given we have 0 characters from them so far, seems to be harder to work with. We can take that further with the fact that Rocko was in NKR2, showing there really isnt a legal issue with him perhaps unlike Frederator reps like Timmy or Jenny. Nick has a soft spot for Rocko, given they gave him a new movie. Furthermore, there is a lot of 90s nostalgia pandering in this roster. 80s Turtles, Catdog, Oblina, Nigel, Ren and Stimpy getting two reps, Reptar, etc. I would be surprised if Rocko was not one of the final two characters.

TLDR Rocko is a locko
rockochair.jpeg

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

If we had four turtles slots why wouldn't we just get all four turtles since they all have their fans

As for the final fighters? I'm gonna go out on a limb and place my bets on Toph, Rocko, and Luna. I would've placed El Tigre or Otto in that last spot, but I couldn't find conclusive evidence if either of them aired in Sweden, and with both of them being very heavily influenced by cultural themes, I feel like the likelihood they did is a bit lower. Neither show tends to be remembered too fondly by Nick, but we did get Oblina, so I can't say that counts them out - Jimmy and Garfield are probably locks for DLC if we get them though. Jenny and Timmy as well if negotiations go well with Nick.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Anyone else seen this documentary on "Ren & Stimpy"?

Have been really interested and meaning to watch it for sometime.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so as of now we have 5 characters left before launch, 3 being Avatar (assuredly) and two unknowns. This should be interesting.

If we had four turtles slots why wouldn't we just get all four turtles since they all have their fans

As for the final fighters? I'm gonna go out on a limb and place my bets on Toph, Rocko, and Luna. I would've placed El Tigre or Otto in that last spot, but I couldn't find conclusive evidence if either of them aired in Sweden, and with both of them being very heavily influenced by cultural themes, I feel like the likelihood they did is a bit lower. Neither show tends to be remembered too fondly by Nick, but we did get Oblina, so I can't say that counts them out - Jimmy and Garfield are probably locks for DLC if we get them though. Jenny and Timmy as well if negotiations go well with Nick.
If anything, the Turtles seem like a safe bet for DLC. As for anyone else, anything goes if they picked everyone they wanted from the 90s and try exploring elsewhere.

Besides, that still leaves the question of which locations, if any, they'd use for remaining TMNT characters they might use. Dimension X? Channel 6? The actual Statue of Liberty?

I love how R&S' famously off-model animation style was represented by making all their faces different head models. Must've been a pain to render, model and animate but absolutely payed off.
Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if the big guy behind them would be proud of that. It's nice to see how the rock-bottom budget hasn't prevented Ludosity from giving the two such a faithful portrayal.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
The inconsistency on Toph's render to the others and the fact the last two characters are scribbled out is a bit suspect. Has there been any responses to this?
I agree, though also we have seen how much renders change during development from characters like April... I think that new render looks suspect, but I also don't think it looks miles off from the quality of the hitchhiking April render...

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

I am undecided, but felt like sharing.
If this is real, one thing that is interesting about it is that it appears that the order of the stages on the stage select matches the order of the characters on the character select, such that we can see what every character’s home stage is.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

I am undecided, but felt like sharing.
Well, at least we'll have a verdict on this one soon enough, i.e. whenever we see the Avatar characters. It looks like Reptar's stage is some sort of desert? I have next to no experience with Rugrats, so I could not tell you where that is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we don't get a Direct this week, then I suspect it was pushed back so that the devs are able to try and quickly scrounge up a presentation for the Avatar characters, that can be included.

I find it really odd that they decided not to show the last two characters if this is real but idk
Probably just in case they got outed, so they can go "okay, that was fake, but it almost had you going, didn't it?".

Well, that and Aang and Korra were already leaked before this anyways.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't really see how Ren & Stimpy models "confirm" the Garfield leaks. Considering the art style of the game, someone with good skills of 3d modelling could just have guess they would looked pretty similar to this.

Here's a list of shows potentially screwed over by licensing

1. Doug - Disney
  2. Fairly OddParents - Frederator, Hartman, Nelvana
  3. ChalkZone - Frederator
  4. Teenage Robot - Frederator
  5. CatScratch - Gear
  6. Tak - THQ (Nordic)
  7. Fanboy & Chum Chum - Frederator
  8. TUFF Puppy - Hartman
  9. Winx Club - Rainbow Spa
  10. Bunsen - Hartman
  11. DreamWorks
  12. KaBlam - Most characters - notably Angela Anaconda
Mostly 2000s shows.

Also, while absolutely nobody is speculating or even wanting this, I don't know if US Acres (Orson's Gang) was part of the Garfield buyout.
It was.
Winx club isn't screwed, Rainbow spa is owned by Viacom like Garfield.

Top Bottom