• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I do prefer Squidward over Sandy, but it does make sense for her to be prioritised in crossover games - a more relatable character for kids and therefore one they'll want to play as more; a sporty character well fit for a medium inherently tied to active characters; and a female character (the latter of which is especially an important factor in the more retro-oriented modern Nicktoons games, given how almost all the shows represented are multiple decades old)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've seen speculation that the mysterious tropical volcano island track is in fact from Rocket Power. Specifically the Hawaiian island from the Island of Menehune special, which leads right into the series finale. So, Otto Rocket might join the race.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I've seen speculation that the mysterious tropical volcano island track is in fact from Rocket Power. Specifically the Hawaiian island from the Island of Menehune special, which leads right into the series finale. So, Otto Rocket might join the race.
Rocket Power would be a great choice!

D

Deleted member

Sandy for NASB just made sense. She's literally all about fighting!

If that ends up being the case I think it means a Rocket Power character is a sure bet for a NASB S2

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Alright, some Kart Racers 3 news.

I'm a bit late it seems, but here's a tweet that has all the pictures together in one place:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Really excited about Odie and Jimmy being newcomers, and I really hope Squidward comes back again.
Odie's in...

GARFIELD CONFIRMED!?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Are the Kart racer games actually any good? Cause I’m definitely interested in playing some non-Mario Kart racers for once after playing the Sega All Stars games, but idk if they’re worth it.
From what I've heard, 2 is really good on a chaotic casual level but doesn't have any deeper mechanics, and 1 is just outright bad.

D

Deleted member

I'd prolly wait for 3. 1 is pretty bad. Lacking in gameplay, presentation and roster. 2 is definitely better. A fun racer. I woudlnt put it on the level of a Mario Kart, Crash team racing or Sonic and Sega All stars but it's pretty fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Hopefully third time's the charm! And it doesn't need deep speedrun tech mechanics to be good. As long as it has good controls, solid driving, and fun tracks and characters I'm sold!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
From what I've heard, 2 is really good on a chaotic casual level but doesn't have any deeper mechanics, and 1 is just outright bad.
Can confirm as someone who owns 2 that it’s pretty fun, just not perfectly fine tuned (maybe it’s just me but I felt the game was very sensitive when turning which made it a little tricky to be precise. Hoping 3 fixes this)

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Graphics of 3 are actually very good from the pictures we've seen, honestly it almost looks like an actual AAA games and with voice acting it seems that the overall presentation will be very good. I'm excited to see actual gameplay because honestly this looks promising.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hopefully third time's the charm! And it doesn't need deep speedrun tech mechanics to be good. As long as it has good controls, solid driving, and fun tracks and characters I'm sold!
Personally all I want out of Kart Racer 3 is better drifting; while the drifting in 2 wasn't bad per se, it felt awkward compared to what I was used to with Mario Kart, and even now I feel like I don't really get how to use it effectively.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Graphics of 3 are actually very good from the pictures we've seen, honestly it almost looks like an actual AAA games and with voice acting it seems that the overall presentation will be very good. I'm excited to see actual gameplay because honestly this looks promising.
It's clear that thanks to all the attention NASB got Nick now cares more about video games and they're giving games like KR3 a bigger budget.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, yeah, Timmy is (more) inevitable now. Literally the only chance a FOP character doesn't make it in is if the NASB/Super Brawl franchise just disappears forever for no reason after Rocko.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Not to be a killjoy or anything, but doesn't that tennis game have some sort of sponsor/partnership with Apple or something that helps pay for stuff like this?
The game is also made in house unlike NASB.
It’s a great development but I’m still not holding my breath

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The game is also made in house unlike NASB.
It’s a great development but I’m still not holding my breath
Well we did get this message in the Discord after Thaddeus discovered Timmy was in Extreme Tennis:
breakdown.png

EDIT: and now there's this:
It's a reply to @TimmyForNASB who posted a thread about Timmy's inclusion in NET.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah that... probably doesn't bode well, does it?
I don't know what to think. The Discord message could be interpreted as "how come THEY get to use Timmy?" but the Tweet could be interpreted as anything.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I don't know what to think. The Discord message could be interpreted as "how come THEY get to use Timmy?" but the Tweet could be interpreted as anything.
My first thought was that it's him telling the Timmy account that they have their "head in the clouds".

I thought maybe he was saying he's hiding in smoke like a ninja as a means of keeping it secret but that seems kind of a stretch.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
NASB really is a game, isn't it? No freedom, questionable choices constantly, and painfully slow updates. This sucks.
NASB is slow as hell to get any news for and focus grouped to hell and back, Multiversus has the most disappointing first Season Pass I think I've ever seen and is nickel and dimed to ****.

Man, these cartoon platform fighters aren't all they're cracked up to be after all, and that sucks.
Not for lack of trying on the dev's part, of course. I feel for them.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Well we did get this message in the Discord after Thaddeus discovered Timmy was in Extreme Tennis:
View attachment 359088
EDIT: and now there's this:
It's a reply to @TimmyForNASB who posted a thread about Timmy's inclusion in NET.
I don’t feel too negative about the tweet considering it came after that discord message

At this point we’re sorta just waiting around for that Ultimate Edition that is unfortunately probably not gonna make much of a dent unless they pull out all the stops for it. Like additional modes, actual character interactions, crossplay, all the DLC on disc, improved visual and sound design, additional songs for each stage (maybe ones ripped from the show), etc

If they can’t give the moon to the Ultimate Edition then they’re better off just negotiating way more liberties with a NASB 2

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
NASB is slow as hell to get any news for and focus grouped to hell and back, Multiversus has the most disappointing first Season Pass I think I've ever seen and is nickel and dimed to ****.

Man, these cartoon platform fighters aren't all they're cracked up to be after all, and that sucks.
The Roster for Multiversus isn't that bad, it has picks people would be happy for.

Minus maybe Black Adam

Baysha

Smash Ace
Again, what's all the hubub about ""saving"" the game? Like, let niche games exist. Anyway, I don't really think QG's proposed features would really be that big of a deal?

Crossplay, all the DLC on disc
These are really the only features that I can't really find any problems with. They're pretty much the closest thing to an "objectively" good feature I can really think of. The only real bad outcome I can see from adding crossplay is that it's really jank and brings down the online play as a whole. Though with how much time they're taking, this (hopefully) won't be a problem.

additional modes
Again, this a pretty good feature. However, how much do people really play Ultimate, or even other Smash games's modes? Plus, as a way of """""saving""""" the game, I don't think this would be a good solution. Do you think Bobby McSmashkiller is gonna go "Wow, I thought NASB was a dead game but then they added home run contest and tetherball. Game of the year." Would these be a good idea to add? I think so. Would they also be really easy to make? Probably. Do I think they should be a priority? Not really.

actual character interactions
I don't really know what you're getting at here. Do you mean personalized voice lines for when you're fighting other characters? If so, not only would this mean they have to get all of the voice actors back together, something they couldn't do before launch day, this wouldn't add nearly as much impact as VA in general would. Not to mention that Multiversus is really the only game that does things like this. Therefore, there isn't really a precedent as much as the other features. If you're talking about the text boxes in arcade mode, then yeah. That's definitely a good idea. But arcade mode is such a ****ing chore to get through that I don't really think reading characters talking to eachother would really alleviate.

improved visual and sound design
This one I don't really get. Personally, I think the game looks fine. The only thing I would really change is making the game cel-shaded. Plus, Melee has shown that you don't need fancy graphics as long as you have a dedicated fanbase. Bowser and Yoshi look like evil versions of themselves from the greasy mirror universe. As for the sound, I guess they could change some things up and add some variation. But it's not that big of a deal.

additional songs for each stage (maybe ones ripped from the show)
Finally, this point. As many have pointed out, licensing out songs is a whole different beast, so it's cheaper to just compose sound-alikes. Plus, would the game really be so much better if you were hearing the theme song of the show of the stage you were fighting on? If I'm being really honest, I feel like Spongebob is really the only show with an iconic soundtrack. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. (which I probably am.) On the topic of multiple songs per stage, that really isn't a thing fighting games... do. Most games just have one song per stage and that's it. This can create an identity between the song and the stage that just throwing a bunch of the source material on it doesn't give. If you're talking about multiple original arrangements for each stage, this would most likely also be a waste of resources, most likely doubling the budget that has to be given to composers.

Not to mention, if you were in desperate need of official show music and/or double-dipping on songs, you could easily mod it into the game. It's honestly not that hard, there's a reason why the official Discord server not only allows discussion of mods, but has a dedicated modding channel. This just leaves console players, who my suggestion of "just mod it, lmao" doesn't apply to. Well, there is the possibility of turning off the in-game music and having a separate device play your desired song(s). Though this is obviously a desperate measure for desperate people in desperate times.

In my opinion, most of these proposed features feel less like "all the stops" and more like all the "slow down slightly because you thought you saw a cool bird"s. Do keep in mind that I don't mean any harm with this rant, I simply think that these features aren't big deals. In fact, I'm actually in favor of most of these. But the thing is, are these really worthy of a "NICKELODEON ALL-STAR BRAWL SUPER ULTRA AMAZING KNOCK-YOUR-SOCKS-OFF EPIC JAWDROPPING MAKE-YOU-BREAKFAST-AND-KISS-YOU-GOODNIGHT ULTIMATE EDITION." That's a pretty high bar even without my exaggerated title. Plus, if some of these features (crossplay specifically) were to be exclusive to the ultimate edition and it wasn't given to standard edition owners for free, people would be LIVID. Locking such a requested feature behind another purchase would most likely tank their reputation with their fanbase. I feel like most of these features can simply be added in updates without much fanfare. It's what the game's been doing so far, and honestly, I think I'm just fine with the way things are.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

Multiversus has its flaws, but at least I can be content with the dev team being quick for stuff. They have arguably better priorities than Ludo and especially the people running this game (crossplay not being a priority is sad). PFG instantly fixing bugs and spectator was a massive difference from having to wait months for a sliver of a chance of it being fixed. And even now... Nearly a ****ing year, April's still broken.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Not the Roster additions, the Battle Pass. Should have been more specific.
Oh....I don't see any problem(and please don't tell me cause i want to continue unlocking everything from the pass with no negative influence).

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Multiversus has the most disappointing first Season Pass I think I've ever seen and is nickel and dimed to ****.
I honestly really like MultiVersus' Season 1 Battle Pass. Sure, I also wished it had free Gleamium, but aside from that, it's pretty worth it for me.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
let niche games exist.
It's not that we can't play a game if it's niche, it's that this game attracted an audience who doesn't understand that if you play a fighter that isn't Smash/SF/MK/Tekken, you shouldn't expect the entire world to be playing it. We're forced to hope for a "revival" because of them, even though they're trying to make Ludosity adding items/voices/fan-requested characters pointless.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Personally I don't mind the game being niche, but usually when I buy a fighting games I'm mostly a online and ranked players and I can't do that with this game because each time I play nobody is online. I already did arcade mode with everyone so at this point my only reason to play the game is when friends come home but this happen once in a blue moon.

Top Bottom