• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
additional songs for each stage (maybe ones ripped from the show)
Finally, this point. As many have pointed out, licensing out songs is a whole different beast, so it's cheaper to just compose sound-alikes.
I should've said this earlier, but my point is less "it's easier to compose new songs because of licensing issues" and more "there are barely any Nicktoons games that use the actual show's music" whenever I discuss the state of music in this game. But having to license songs from whatever stock libraries they got them from can be part of the reason why these games do that, hell it's even an issue when SpongeBob gets released on home media.

I'm also going to point out the irony of these music packs using music from games like Nicktoons Racing-if it's okay that Racing composed its own songs, shouldn't it be okay that NASB did too?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Question: do we know how big Multiversus's development team is? Because if it's bigger than the ones working on All-Star Brawl, then yeah, they'd be able to get more stuff out faster.

Also, unlike All-Star Brawl, Multiversus has the proper support of the parent company in charge of the IPs (Warner Bros), whereas Nick just barely supports the game (as well as the team having gotten smaller due to some at Ludosity working on other projects) so I don't feel like this is that fair a comparison.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't know for certain, but I get the feeling a lot of MVS's DLC was developed (even if not completed) in advance to be drip-feeded while the next batch of newcomers are being developed.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Question: do we know how big Multiversus's development team is? Because if it's bigger than the ones working on All-Star Brawl, then yeah, they'd be able to get more stuff out faster.

Also, unlike All-Star Brawl, Multiversus has the proper support of the parent company in charge of the IPs (Warner Bros), whereas Nick just barely supports the game (as well as the team having gotten smaller due to some at Ludosity working on other projects) so I don't feel like this is that fair a comparison.
PFG is small as hell to the point they're still trying to hire new people. They just better planned their choices and made sure to sweep over everything, all without being rushed too. I understand the advantages, it's why I'm mostly blaming the idiotic parent companies and only having specific grievances with Ludosity.

I don't think the patches being quicker is the result of staff either. They just aren't forced to rely on Gamemill's incompetence.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
PFG is small as hell to the point they're still trying to hire new people. They just better planned their choices and made sure to sweep over everything, all without being rushed too. I understand the advantages, it's why I'm mostly blaming the idiotic parent companies and only having specific grievances with Ludosity.

I don't think the patches being quicker is the result of staff either. They just aren't forced to rely on Gamemill's incompetence.
Out of curiosity, what are these specific grievances with Ludosity?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They just aren't forced to rely on Gamemill's incompetence.
I wouldn't call GameMill incompetent as much as they are...a traditionalistic game publisher in an extremely modern world.

GameMill funds and publishes low-budget games which are meant to slowly accumulate sales over time, which is how the gaming industry worked prior to the seventh-gen (even games like the GTA series never exceeded $10 million budgets). Modern AAA games on the other hand are supposed to earn several million sales on release day, plus have a bunch of microtransactions as well since those several million sales still aren't enough to make up for their massive budget.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My first thought was that it's him telling the Timmy account that they have their "head in the clouds".

I thought maybe he was saying he's hiding in smoke like a ninja as a means of keeping it secret but that seems kind of a stretch.
I interpreted it more as "we can't talk about this yet, but stay tuned." I dunno why everyone's out here dooming over an emoji, personally.
NASB is slow as hell to get any news for and focus grouped to hell and back, Multiversus has the most disappointing first Season Pass I think I've ever seen and is nickel and dimed to ****.

Man, these cartoon platform fighters aren't all they're cracked up to be after all, and that sucks.
Not for lack of trying on the dev's part, of course. I feel for them.
Honestly, the more I hear about MultiVersus, the less I want to play it. Did you guys hear that they're trying to completely stamp out the game's modding scene now?
Thankfully people found a workaround for it within the day, but Jesus Christ this is not a good look. The MVS devs seem pretty chill, so I have zero doubts this is a WB thing. I suppose naturally they wouldn't want people modding in skins they expect them to pay upwards of 20 bucks for. It makes me wonder how long it'll be until they start straight-up client banning people for running mods. This F2P **** sucks, man.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I suppose naturally they wouldn't want people modding in skins they expect them to pay upwards of 20 bucks for.
I think the skin mods were more likely to be client-side character replacements, IE replacing Shaggy's model with Captain Falcon. Regardless I wouldn't doubt there were mods that made the game actually free to play.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think the skin mods were more likely to be client-side character replacements, IE replacing Shaggy's model with Captain Falcon. Regardless I wouldn't doubt there were mods that made the game actually free to play.
Personally I didn't see any, but I'm sure at least the threat ("") of them existing was enough to scare WB Games into action.
Meanwhile NASB has a modding channel in the official Discord and Fraymakers is releasing with full modding tools at launch. Based as hell.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, what are these specific grievances with Ludosity?
Certain choices with the game, approach to balance, and development in general. Not sure if I feel like getting into it though- it's super subjective and takes a little too much time reviewing and remembering everything. I'll just say that Ludo, even at their best and unrestrained with Slap City, can have very questionable decisions when it comes to general game stuff. And big slap city players like Fumblynn had certain feelings about some of their approaches to things.

I wouldn't call GameMill incompetent as much as they are...a traditionalistic game publisher in an extremely modern world.

GameMill funds and publishes low-budget games which are meant to slowly accumulate sales over time, which is how the gaming industry worked prior to the seventh-gen (even games like the GTA series never exceeded $10 million budgets). Modern AAA games on the other hand are supposed to earn several million sales on release day, plus have a bunch of microtransactions as well since those several million sales still aren't enough to make up for their massive budget.
Debatable. They are ultimately a cartoon licensed publisher and I'm sure they're part of the reason the schedule is so messy. Skewed priorities are an issue too. Their old ways are part of what held NASB back from being something better, their failure to adapt properly falls on their shoulders. Nick and all the other publishers had a real amazing game on their hands, they fumbled the bag massively.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I should've said this earlier, but my point is less "it's easier to compose new songs because of licensing issues" and more "there are barely any Nicktoons games that use the actual show's music" whenever I discuss the state of music in this game. But having to license songs from whatever stock libraries they got them from can be part of the reason why these games do that, hell it's even an issue when SpongeBob gets released on home media.

I'm also going to point out the irony of these music packs using music from games like Nicktoons Racing-if it's okay that Racing composed its own songs, shouldn't it be okay that NASB did too?
I actually love the original songs in NASB and most Nicktoons games! But I'm not like 90% of people that bought the game

what I'm basically getting at is Nick video games were never aiming for the moon, but NASB is arguably the first time has an audience that would put it there if it got a laundry lists worth of additions. Truthfully the biggest turn off for people from NASB is how it looks. Fast looking attacks = jank for most unfortunately, people said the same thing about Slap City, it's just a Ludosity trademark for their fighters, but DLC characters for NASB clearly look better than base game

idk what they could add or change at this point to retain a playerbase. Most of us will tout we like/love the game and I do believe that, but at the end of the day Steam Stats doesn't lie. There's more people here that say they like the game and talk regularly than there are people that actually play it regularly

NASB is probably just cursed to have a miniscule active player base. Nothing wrong with that, the potential for more is just there and I feel like their odds of gaining that player base back are better if they start fresh with a NASB 2 (or an Ultimate Edition like they seem to be doing) and hoping that it's not just an MvC Infinite situation where they bail before the game gets another chance

You know there's this other game with a vast array of characters with intricate gameplay that was dogged on for over a year before it finally gained traction.
Rainbow Six Siege

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
i keep forgetting to post that i found the perfect stage for odie if he gets in

That looks hilarious! Though if we did get Odie we should get the Arbuckle Residence with him instead. It's Garfield's main setting, and the orange cat himself already got a wacky dream stage.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That looks hilarious! Though if we did get Odie we should get the Arbuckle Residence with him instead. It's Garfield's main setting, and the orange cat himself already got a wacky dream stage.
well i would have suggested it as his ultimate move if this game had them.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm not expecting Kart Racers 3 to sell well at this point. GameMill isn't even marketing it at all.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not expecting Kart Racers 3 to sell well at this point. GameMill isn't even marketing it at all.
Well what did you expect trying to add VA at launch while sticking to a budget company

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
But still, they should do something to get people excited to buy it, especially parents who would want to buy it for their kids.
I was just ****posting. I think the marketing will come when it's supposed to, key word being supposed to. As in we're not supposed to know it has '87 Turtles, Jimmy Neutron, etc. already.

Top Bottom