• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think that's a joke about how we were genuinely entertaining the possibility of someone hacking the Australian government to put up a fake new listing for NASB last month.
At this point, it's probably happening and I don't know how to feel about it.
I don't think we have to worry about it coming to the west, since it's specifically a Japanese release of the game.

Maybe worry a little about if we're getting anything after Rocko.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Personally speaking, considering the Japanese characters under the title and the fact that it's only coming to the Switch and PS4 right now, until someone somewhere officially says otherwise, I'm gonna assume that this is going to be exclusive to Japan.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Artwork is still rather disappointing, but I do like how the characters are lit by the gold background.

The Japanese text at the top says "Ultimate Edition" in case you're wondering.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Usually, these "Ultimate Editions" mean the end of active development. So, it's not looking good for more DLC.

NASB Rerelease will flop especially if it's anything above $20. To ask people to pay for the same game again after making them pay for an unfinished product isn't good.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I still say this is only for markets outside the west where the game isn't out already. It's literally being done by a Japanese publisher.

"Ultimate Edition" might either just be a fancy subtitle, or they're selling two versions of the game where the one with all the DLC is more expensive.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Yeah, what I said before still stands: until I see actual evidence that this is releasing in the US, I'm gonna assume it's just a Japanese release.

...Also, is that company that's next to the Gamemill Logo a publisher or a developer? Because if it's the latter, then why would a different developer be working on an Ultimate Edition that was releasing worldwide?

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Frankly, I'm just surprised this game's even getting a Japanese release at all. I mean, do they even KNOW half the shows in this game over there?

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Frankly, I'm just surprised this game's even getting a Japanese release at all. I mean, do they even KNOW half the shows in this game over there?
Yeah, but it is a fighting game. I wouldn’t be too surprised if this is partially for allowing people of other countries easier access to participating in tournaments and such.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
...Yeah, what I said before still stands: until I see actual evidence that this is releasing in the US, I'm gonna assume it's just a Japanese release.

...Also, is that company that's next to the Gamemill Logo a publisher or a developer? Because if it's the latter, then why would a different developer be working on an Ultimate Edition that was releasing worldwide?
It was rated in Australia so it’s coming worldwide.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Does anyone have a source for this "Jenny is popular in Japan" thing? All the Japanese Jenny fanart I tend to get shown tends to have the same art style so I feel all that stuff is from the same 1 or 2 people.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It was rated in Australia so it’s coming worldwide.
Australia DOES get a decent amount of Japanese products due to its location.

Also I have seen a decent amount of Japanese artists who love Western cartoons, there's a surprising amount of Japanese Loud House and TMNT art.

POUNDING THE MOCHI.jpg

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, but it is a fighting game. I wouldn’t be too surprised if this is partially for allowing people of other countries easier access to participating in tournaments and such.
Even in Japan where the Nickelodeon brand itself is very obscure and most people haven't heard of any Nicktoons other than Spongebob and TMNT.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly I'm surprised they didn't edit Garfield into the Ultimate Edition cover, you'd think Garfield would be something you'd REALLY want to promote, especially given a lot of people don't know that Garfield is a Nicktoon now

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Honestly I'm surprised they didn't edit Garfield into the Ultimate Edition cover, you'd think Garfield would be something you'd REALLY want to promote, especially given a lot of people don't know that Garfield is a Nicktoon now
This might be similar to Sonic in Smash Bros Brawl were he doesn't appear on the front cover but he might show up in the back, though mostly due to him being a guest.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This might be similar to Sonic in Smash Bros Brawl were he doesn't appear on the front cover but he might show up in the back, though mostly due to him being a guest.
Garfield isn't really a guest fighter when Nick wants to associate him with their channel anyway. Might as well put the '87 TMNT on the back since they were never aired on the channel.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If you don't consider Garfield and the Turtles Nickelodeon characters because they weren't made by Nick, neither were the other Nicktoons - the whole point of Nicktoons as a brand when the first 3 shows came out was that they're creator driven and not manufactured by execs to sell toys. I don't really want to call either Garf or the TMNT "creator driven" given they were both also heavily modified from the original concept to sell merch (in fact I have a feeling the Turtles are directly responsible the term "Nicktoon" not being used much anymore, so I am hesitant to call acquired IPs "Nicktoons" - but not opposed), but at the very least "made by Nickelodeon" would - to me - imply businessmen in a boardroom, which is certainly not who made these shows.

In terms of airing on Nick, Nick isn't really just a TV channel any more, like with most legacy channels in the streaming age. Nobody would argue on Glitch Techs and Pinky Malinky's Nicktoon statuses, right?

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Do you know how international game distribution and age ratings work? They wouldn't need to make an Australian rating if it was just a Japanese version getting imported to specialty retailers.
Fair point, was just throwing ideas out there.

Also, what's pilot yellow?

Last edited:
Top Bottom