• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldve picked Chloe or sparky as far as i know poof isnt that contropversial i personnaly liked him but especially foop!
I wouldn't call Poof non-controversial just because Poof was less controversial than Sparky and Chloe. Like with SpongeBob, there's still a very common sentiment about when seasonal rot started to kick in for Fairly Oddparents.

IIRC Channel Chasers was originally meant to be the series finale (with some other season four episodes coming out afterwards due to production shenanigans) but then the show got renewed for a fifth season, which was on a noted decline from season four and earlier. So then the third Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour was supposed to serve as the finale for both shows, but ended up getting considered the worst of the Power Hours and an ill-fitting finale. Then FOP got cancelled, but then it was revived with Fairly Oddbaby, which was the point a ton of people felt the show jumped the shark completely. The sentiment is still pretty strong today, even.

The additions of Sparky and, later, Chloe didn't help and only further showcased the seasonal rot, but by and large season six and the addition of Poof is considered the start of the rapid decline.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
IIRC Channel Chasers was originally meant to be the series finale (with some other season four episodes coming out afterwards due to production shenanigans) but then the show got renewed for a fifth season, which was on a noted decline from season four and earlier
To me it seems like they had to add an extra scene to the end of Channel Chasers to justify continuing the series afterwards.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Finally, Powdered Toast Man is here!

And he looks hilarious! Granted, he doesn't looks quite as insane visually as Ren & Stimpy, but still though, his attacks are so damn goofy and fun, I love it! I don't care if he's a heavyweight character; I'm gonna do my damnedest to main him!

Also, that's yet another really big stage (in fact, based on Rep's comment, it might just be the biggest stage in the game); is it just me, or have most of the stages shown off recently been pretty big? Also, I'm loving the stage's theme!

Finally, THANK YOU for having Rep do the narration for this showcase; with all due respect to the two Fair Play narrators, a character like Powdered Toast Man DEMANDS energy, and frankly, the way they do their showcase narration wouldn't have been a good fit for this particular showcase in my opinion.

So yeah, Powdered Toast Man looks freaking hilarious and I'm gonna try my best to main him!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ok PTM looks pretty terrible from a gameplay standpoint, but the devs knew what they were doing with him, from his animations to the aerial that has a random effect to Rep saying he's the one you main when you want to have fun. On that front I'd say they absolutely nailed him!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Idk who I want more: Crash Bandicoot as the final Smash DLC or Donnie from Wild Thonberry as the Nick DLC

Decisions, decisions...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
PTM is finally here and I must say that they delivered on the promise of the shine. He looks like a pretty goofy character with some of his moves being quite random in nature. Not sure about how strong he is going to be but who knows since there are joke characters that end up being really strong (but there are also those who are pretty weak). He certainly lacks in the range department so he should use every tool in his kit to get close to the opponent fast. He is also pretty big but like all other heavies he has an option to escape from being comboed to death with his down special. His stage looks absolutely dreadful. Its kinda hard to know where are the ledges on the plates. The stage is also huge and there is barely any space that could be considered "safe".

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
POWDERED TOAST MAN is here! And thank GOD, they got Rep to do the narration for this one! He absolutely killed it here, in my opinion; I damn near lost it when I heard him yell "TOAST IS DONE!!!"
PTM looks to be this game's joke character, which I guess makes sense; who's gonna play Powdered Toast Man if they aren't looking for a quick laugh? Still, he looks like a fun enough character to bust out in friendlies (that Nair having a random angle on it is frickin' GENIUS) and he might not even be bad if multigraining (that's this game's version of multishining) and wavetoasting are as good as the showcase makes it look. All in all, very fun stuff! He's definitely gonna be my go-to "I just wanna do dumb **** and get away with it" pick.
Now we just have Zim's moveset to look forward to! Can't wait for that.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but has anybody else always thought that Splatoon would make a good Nickelodeon series? It just makes so much sense. I would love to see that happen one day.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
PTM may not be the joke we think he is - Hungrybox played the game early and made a preliminary tier list.
No surprise about April being up there. She has the best poking tools in the game and some pretty fast finishers. Not to mention that ridiculously great recovery. Danny has the best edgeguarding game so no surprise he also at the top. I also was certain about Aang being a great character though I expected to see him at the very top. Reptar is a bit higher than I expected. I expected him to be two tiers below top. I also though that catdog would be high tier but I am surprised to see him at the very top since he lacks a bit in range. The rest I agree.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
No surprise about April being up there. She has the best poking tools in the game and some pretty fast finishers. Not to mention that ridiculously great recovery. Danny has the best edgeguarding game so no surprise he also at the top. I also was certain about Aang being a great character though I expected to see him at the very top. Reptar is a bit higher than I expected. I expected him to be two tiers below top. I also though that catdog would be high tier but I am surprised to see him at the very top since he lacks a bit in range. The rest I agree.
I dunno, man, have you SEEN the range on stuff like CatDog's Nairs and Strong Up Air (yes, both of them)? Those guys have HUGE range, just laterally and not in a huge bubble around them. If they really are god-tier by the time the game comes out, I won't be surprised.
I'm not surprised that Patrick is irredeemably bad tbh. That one playtester tier list from months ago had him at the bottom and he really doesn't look like he has much going for him other than some cheesy kill moves. Hopefully the poor guy gets some buffs in the day 1 patch. Likewise, Helga and R&S being low-tier doesn't surprise me; R&S looked kinda janky from day 1 to me, and Helga doesn't really have any standout tools beyond the slingshot. Reptar being high-tier is surprising and I no longer feel bad about maining a top tier.
(Also I think it's gonna be HILARIOUS if Powdered Toast Man, the obvious joke character of the game, turns out to be the second best heavy at launch.)

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I dunno, man, have you SEEN the range on stuff like CatDog's Nairs and Strong Up Air (yes, both of them)? Those guys have HUGE range, just laterally and not in a huge bubble around them. If they really are god-tier by the time the game comes out, I won't be surprised.
I'm not surprised that Patrick is irredeemably bad tbh. That one playtester tier list from months ago had him at the bottom and he really doesn't look like he has much going for him other than some cheesy kill moves. Hopefully the poor guy gets some buffs in the day 1 patch. Likewise, Helga and R&S being low-tier doesn't surprise me; R&S looked kinda janky from day 1 to me, and Helga doesn't really have any standout tools beyond the slingshot. Reptar being high-tier is surprising and I no longer feel bad about maining a top tier.
(Also I think it's gonna be HILARIOUS if Powdered Toast Man, the obvious joke character of the game, turns out to be the second best heavy at launch.)
I expect those Catdog moves (and stuff like Lincoln´s bat) to be fixed before the game is out.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Minor update, but I checked Gamestop's website (since that's where I pre-ordered the game from), and it's saying that the game's releasing on the 8th instead of the 5th now.

So it seems like it might not have just been a Best Buy thing.

Edit: Although Target's website still lists the 5th as being the release date, so I don't know what's going on.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
...Eh, honestly I don't really care much for tier lists like that; I don't care how quote-unquote "Objectively Good/Bad" a character is; all I care about is how much fun I have playing them.
That's a valid stance to have, but you shouldn't try to discredit tier lists or derail discussions of them just because you have no use for them. The point isn't really "you HAVE to main April/CatDog/Danny and you should NEVER play Helga/R&S/Patrick" as much as "you should look out for April/CatDog/Danny players, and be cautious if you want to main Hegla/R&S/Patrick"

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
That's a valid stance to have, but you shouldn't try to discredit tier lists or derail discussions of them just because you have no use for them. The point isn't really "you HAVE to main April/CatDog/Danny and you should NEVER play Helga/R&S/Patrick" as much as "you should look out for April/CatDog/Danny players, and be cautious if you want to main Hegla/R&S/Patrick"
I was just giving my own personal stance is all since there was an actual tier list present now.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Minor update, but I checked Gamestop's website (since that's where I pre-ordered the game from), and it's saying that the game's releasing on the 8th instead of the 5th now.

So it seems like it might not have just been a Best Buy thing.

Edit: Although Target's website still lists the 5th as being the release date, so I don't know what's going on.
Probably a supply chain issue with physical copies for some retailers. I'm sure the game will still release digitally on the 5th.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I believe Rep said that the game will favour buffing low tiers to high tier level over nerfing high tiers.
Honestly, I think that's exactly what I'd prefer; adding to "Low-Tier" instead of taking away from "High Tiers".

Probably a supply chain issue with physical copies for some retailers. I'm sure the game will still release digitally on the 5th.
Problem is, I already pre-ordered the physical version in full at Gamestop, so I'm kind of left at the mercy of their shipping issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom