• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So which leak do you think the "stretching the truth" part was referring to?
Hol up... didn't he not address the Toph leak directly? Like yeah, he closed spec chat, but he never talked about it specifically as far as I know...

View attachment 332633
THE LASAGNA'S ALMOST OUT OF THE OVEN.
I don't know all the leaks they talked on, but if the garfield one was handled by stretching the truth then. yeah maybe XD

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hol up... didn't he not address the Toph leak directly? Like yeah, he closed spec chat, but he never talked about it specifically as far as I know...

View attachment 332633
At this point it might be Team Nick Show Will Be Announced Before He's In Vs. Team Nick Show Won't Be Announced Until After He's In, in terms of debates.

Wish Monday was coming ASAP so that this issue can finally be laid to rest already.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Personally I think everyone should main who they like most and it doesn't matter if a friend mains them too. Dittos can be interesting too.
Or is there a reason your group doesn't want to have same mains?
In most games, the 16 of us (sometimes less of us) pick one character that no one can play (I got 7 of them to join this one). We started using this rule because things got really heated with Lucario back in brawl. 7 of us including me couldnt agree on how to play Lucario and our constant competition got annoying to the rest (we all can get pretty competitive). So, instead, we pick a character we are passionate about and we main that one. We can share the rest but we have "one true main". That way we minimize things like "who is the best Lucario?".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In most games, the 16 of us (sometimes less of us) pick one character that no one can play (I got 7 of them to join this one). We started using this rule because things got really heated with Lucario back in brawl. 7 of us including me couldnt agree on how to play Lucario and our constant competition got annoying to the rest (we all can get pretty competitive). So, instead, we pick a character we are passionate about and we main that one. We can share the rest but we have "one true main". That way we minimize things like "who is the best Lucario?".
In that case, pray that you lads can handle choices in a civil manner if the devs ever decide to toss in additional Loud siblings (especially if Luna got in).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess as long as you're all flexible enough to work with a main that no one else picked.

For me that would be hard becuase I'm pretty picky :p

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

View attachment 332633
I don't see what else he could be referring to. I've been of the belief that Rep wasn't being entirely truthful (intentionally or otherwise) with the Garfield leak since day 1, and if this statement means what you think it does, I may have been right all along.
Which would be goddamn hilarious given the litany of people who blew that leak off as fake and refused to discuss it for months, but I digress.

amageish

Smash Master
1633220833943.png

1633220779352.png

Rep seems pretty confidant that any datamining that happens will be codenames-only, if even that. So, that's good news for the potential risk of datamines, though Rep commenting on the potential of info being datamined from the game makes me think that we won't know the 2 post-launch characters before release (or, at least, Rep doesn't know if we'll know haha).

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I guess as long as you're all flexible enough to work with a main that no one else picked.

For me that would be hard becuase I'm pretty picky :p
Yeah, keeping such a big group together all these years has taken its own sacrifices but also it has come with its own set of benefits. Making FPS parties is really easy and we can make our own mini tournaments for fighting games for fun. We also play yugioh and Dungeons and dragons online together.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...You know, part of me wonders if it would've been better if Rep hadn't said anything extra beyond just de-confirming the voice leak.

Oh well. It's still possible that both post-launch characters are from un-represented shows, and then DLC is at least incredibly likely at this point.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
View attachment 332637
View attachment 332636

Rep seems pretty confidant that any datamining that happens will be codenames-only, if even that. So, that's good news for the potential risk of datamines, though Rep commenting on the potential of info being datamined from the game makes me think that we won't know the 2 post-launch characters before release (or, at least, Rep doesn't know if we'll know haha).
Ooh, so it'll be a little guessing game if any of the DLC characters do get datamined! Fun!
Personally, I can kind of relate to this. It's not a friendgroup thing for me, I just don't like maining the same character as one of my friends since I want our character choices to be unique and I don't wanna end up with a situation where a bunch of us all main the same character since that would just be boring. (Yes, I am a closeted hipster. Bite me.) Lucky for me, our character preferences are all pretty distinct from one another, so that makes it pretty easy most of the time.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I’ve wanted a Smash fighter who can manipulate earth for a while now, so I’m happy this game is getting that at least. Toph looks fun.
So I re-watched Sandy's showcase to find more cameos, and I found two interesting ones: Glove World's mascot, Glovey Glove, and interestingly, Gary - the only character to now show up on two separate stages.
Momo also appears on both the Western Air Temple and Omashu.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
If not, I guess they can use airing Garfield and Friends for four years as an excuse.
Didnt the 3D Garfield Show also get a bunch of airings on Nickelodeon as well?

Also I had a thought, imagine if the smash reveal on the 5th is something really underwhelming or something barely anyone asked for and is generally disappointing, and then it ends up being upstaged almost immediately by Garfield being announced for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl lol

Could you just imagine just how funny that would be honestly

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Side note, when I was looking for this image there was an inordinate amount of fanart of Nermal getting murdered by Garf, so... Alrighty then?
The Garfield fandom has not been okay for a very long time now, if the huge influx of horror and gore fan-art based of the series has been an indicator

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Yeah, I kinda wonder where it started.
Probably a combination of frustration from fans of the corporatization of Garfield as a franchise, the fans feeling of needing to retextual the character in a way that goes against everything the corporate image of Garfield that is everywhere, the general habit of the internet to warp everything in ways that would most certainly never happen officially, and also because Garfield's 9 lives exists and was one of the only times the franchise officially dabbled into horror (seriously, have you seen the "Primal Garfield" comic in that book?)

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Didnt the 3D Garfield Show also get a bunch of airings on Nickelodeon as well?

Also I had a thought, imagine if the smash reveal on the 5th is something really underwhelming or something barely anyone asked for and is generally disappointing, and then it ends up being upstaged almost immediately by Garfield being announced for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl lol

Could you just imagine just how funny that would be honestly
I brought up this possibility pages ago and the fact it could actually happen has me going wild. It'd be absolutely hilarious

Probably a combination of frustration from fans of the corporatization of Garfield as a franchise, the fans feeling of needing to retextual the character in a way that goes against everything the corporate image of Garfield that is everywhere, the general habit of the internet to warp everything in ways that would most certainly never happen officially, and also because Garfield's 9 lives exists and was one of the only times the franchise officially dabbled into horror (seriously, have you seen the "Primal Garfield" comic in that book?)
I think a lot of it also came from people picking up on and making fun of this weird unintentional vibe of existential horror in the Garfield strips, with how monotonous and depressing the characters' lives are being repeatedly brought up, Garfield aging in real time for a while before they had to stop once it became clear Garfield had passed the realistic average lifespan of a cat, an intentional example in the Halloween story arc where Garfield wakes up in a reality where he doesn't exist, etc.
It started with Garfield Minus Garfield pointing out how Jon seems to descend into madness from the monotony, and then kept escalating into just plain ol' horror.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Given that it emulates Smash, which has no story at least 80% of the time, I'm pretty sure it won't. Best save that for fanfic retellings or whatever.

If anything, I'd like to know what the final boss even is. If it's not just them pulling a Dynamite Headdy and have us fight Mr. Krabs because capitalism.
I'm just curious since Smash has the whole trophy thing on and PlayStation All-Stars has the characters coming together from different worlds, so I'm just wondering what's going on here.

Though I wouldn't mind a well-written fanfic story.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thought I've had is the possibility of Garf debuting around the same time as a Smash character that happens to be at least as almost of a big deal. Small chance, I know, but it'd be funny nonetheless.

Sick *** idea I had
See how the SmashBoards has the character renders to the left and right and in boxes on the top?
If you open this Nick All Stars thread, there should be a special design layout with the NASB characters instead of the Smash characters
Maybe we should summon Megadoomer Megadoomer here to see what he thinks of this. No idea how feasible it would be, but it sounds awesome.

The Garfield fandom has not been okay for a very long time now, if the huge influx of horror and gore fan-art based of the series has been an indicator
Can't blame them, honestly. Garf has been dormant as a multimedia franchise for years now, with the only thing that's ongoing being the comic itself. The racing game is a big pile of Splut!, so that didn't help.

It's enough to drive anyone nuts if they relied solely on that. Forget hype, those fans need anything good they can get at this point.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Maybe we should summon Megadoomer Megadoomer here to see what he thinks of this. No idea how feasible it would be, but it sounds awesome.
I'm only the mod of one part of the forum, so I'm not involved with the behind-the-scenes stuff like that. Still, as far as I know, those images are site-wide, so I don't think they can be specific to one topic.

Still, this game looks neat. I'm holding out to see if they'll add voice acting, but aside from Zim (I've been an Invader Zim fan for a while, to the point where my username is a reference), I'd be interested to try out the Avatar characters (I should really rewatch those shows), Nigel Thornberry, Catdog, and the TMNT characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm only the mod of one part of the forum, so I'm not involved with the behind-the-scenes stuff like that. Still, as far as I know, those images are site-wide, so I don't think they can be specific to one topic.

Still, this game looks neat. I'm holding out to see if they'll add voice acting, but aside from Zim (I've been an Invader Zim fan for a while, to the point where my username is a reference), I'd be interested to try out the Avatar characters (I should really rewatch those shows), Nigel Thornberry, Catdog, and the TMNT characters.
Personally, I hope they'll add a bit more TMNT stuff later on (mostly Shredder, but Don and Raph would be good to have too).

At the very least, an April Fools variant for the images would be a fair compromise, I think.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
As we've seen with the R&S Adult Party taunt, Ludosity are willing to reference any part from a given series, warts and all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Poof appeared in a Fairly Oddparents stage, for instance.

Fair enough, even if Camelot can barely do anything these days. :drshrug:
I wouldve picked Chloe or sparky as far as i know poof isnt that contropversial i personnaly liked him but especially foop!

Top Bottom