• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Our lord and savior is here.

As expected, he'll be ridiculously great fun to use.

Also, his level gives out some strong Level Ate vibes.

Problem is, I already pre-ordered the physical version in full at Gamestop, so I'm kind of left at the mercy of their shipping issues.
Shipping is no skin off my nose since the 8th is on a Friday and I typically buy stuff on weekends anyways, I got the digital version just in case and I had a Luigi's Mansion 3 playthrough going.

Also, EB Games has been randomly rebranded into Gamestop as a whole.

View attachment 332774
View attachment 332775
From the same Reddit thread I found his tier list on, here's Hbox's thoughts on the game overall.

Apparently he couldn't discuss alt costumes because of NDA.
Evidently, the community's fixation on everything needing to go fast extends to this too. Wondering how the alt costumes are going to work though, especially with the characters that randomly switch costumes.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Got the chance to talk with someone who has an early build of the game (similar to Hungrybox), and according to them, as it stands now there are no alt colors in this game. At all. If you're in a mirror match, you and your opponent will look exactly the same.

They did say that what they're playing is considered a beta, so it's possible things could change on release, but who knows.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Got the chance to talk with someone who has an early build of the game (similar to Hungrybox), and according to them, as it stands now there are no alt colors in this game. At all. If you're in a mirror match, you and your opponent will look exactly the same.
oof

Well, when those drastic changes come to be, I hope that'll be first on the to do list.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

They did say that what they're playing is considered a beta, so it's possible things could change on release, but who knows.
oof

Well, when those drastic changes come to be, I hope that'll be first on the to do list.
I wonder if that's a day-one patch feature?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 332762So I was right all along
The kicker is that his showcase is almost certainly likely to be overshadowed by the launch trailer tomorrow. Boy can barely get any breaks.

PTM may not be the joke we think he is - Hungrybox played the game early and made a preliminary tier list.
It's absolutely uncanny to see April, Oblina and PTM get considered as a high tier for anything. What a time this is.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I expect those Catdog moves (and stuff like Lincoln´s bat) to be fixed before the game is out.
What is there to "fix," though? It's pretty common in their show for CatDog's body to stretch to absurd proportions - shoutout to that one episode where Dog decides to leave Cat and gets so far that his body stretches around the Earth multiple times - so I feel it was a deliberate design choice to give them a lot of attack range in this game (balanced out by them having a blindspot directly on their body on some of their rangier pokes like Nair). I think if anything, range is probably the one aspect of CatDog's moveset that'll remain the same throughout the game's patches. If they really are broken, maybe it'll be their frame data that gets nerfed to compensate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The devs promised patches if they were able, so I have no doubt that they'll refine as much as humanly possible.

In regards to Donnie, I honestly don't know if they have the ability to upgrade background characters into DLC, especially since the devs didn't have much of a budget or resources to start with.

In any case, I'm fine with focusing on including some of the characters that don't make an appearance in any capacity. One of the first things I'll do when I play NASB is check the Loud Residence to verify that rumor of Luan being there.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
I kinda figured no alts honestly due to Lincoln's and catdog's special using presumed alt's as their special.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I kinda figured no alts honestly due to Lincoln's and catdog's special using presumed alt's as their special.
It's pretty weird to have a NDA if they weren't planning any to be in the game (also, you forgot about Lucy using her Eight of Spades costume for some of her moves).

Hopefully detractors won't use "no color alts!" as a point against the game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's pretty weird to have a NDA if they weren't planning any to be in the game (also, you forgot about Lucy using her Eight of Spades costume for some of her moves).

Hopefully detractors won't use "no color alts!" as a point against the game.
Well it is another point against it. Just not something I think would break it for most people, but still. Odd, considering slap city had a lot of great costumes.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well it is another point against it. Just not something I think would break it for most people, but still. Odd, considering slap city had a lot of great costumes.
It's gotten me concerned that Ludosity might get extremely scummy and sell the alternate costumes as DLC.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's gotten me concerned that Ludosity might get extremely scummy and sell the alternate costumes as DLC.
My guess would be it's probably a combination of the time constraint and that nickelodeon would need to vet the colors/costumes to make sure they're ok with seeing those characters differently,

Just a guess. I doubt they'd charge for costumes, and they did say they could even potentially add voice acting and all that, so I'll hope that it just comes along with some time.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Man, they knew exactly what they were doing when they made PTM. The fact that this goon has a waveshine is hilariously terrifying.
PTM may not be the joke we think he is - Hungrybox played the game early and made a preliminary tier list.
Seeing a heavy like Reptar in S tier warms this Bowser main's heart. Also damn, Patrick inherited the Zangief Curse.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Apparently the website has this weird glitch that shows a strange silhouette

If we're to assume the weird Powerpuff hands are just a cropping error it matches up quite nicely with these two poses of Robbie Rotten - all of NASB's art is to my knowledge based on existing art. While Robbie doesn't exactly line up with the team's previous commentary on LA shows, LazyTown did air in Sweden and Robbie's inclusion would line up with what Rep said about the post launch fighter who comes with PS2 being a big deal.

Other users on the Reddit thread are claiming they can't find the silhouette in the source, but the OP claims the glitch to be easy to recreate with constant refreshing - I've had no luck with that personally.

I've checked a website image lookup website and found a few invisible SVG images - I'll download them and see if I find any traces of the strange silhouette

EDIT: Seems all those SVG files were dead links. Either OP's an inspect element liar (most likely case), the Robbie files were swiftly deleted after the post (hence the dead links), or it's just a strange computer glitch.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

If we're to assume the weird Powerpuff hands are just a cropping error it matches up quite nicely with these two poses of Robbie Rotten - all of NASB's art is to my knowledge based on existing art. While Robbie doesn't exactly line up with the team's previous commentary on LA shows, LazyTown did air in Sweden and Robbie's inclusion would line up with what Rep said about the post launch fighter who comes with PS2 being a big deal.

Other users on the Reddit thread are claiming they can't find the silhouette in the source, but the OP claims the glitch to be easy to recreate with constant refreshing - I've had no luck with that personally.

I've checked a website image lookup website and found a few invisible SVG images - I'll download them and see if I find any traces of the strange silhouette

EDIT: Seems all those SVG files were dead links. Either OP's an inspect element liar (most likely case), the Robbie files were swiftly deleted after the post (hence the dead links), or it's just a strange computer glitch.
...But it was explicitly stated that live-action characters were off the table, so that on its own wouldn't make sense.

Also, what's this about a post-launch fighter coming with PS2? What's your source on that? Also was that supposed to be PS5?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Robbie "leaker" said he has a Google Chrome dark theme that messes up certain websites, and that he can't recreate the glitch on Firefox so it's almost certainly a glitch.

...But it was explicitly stated that live-action characters were off the table, so that on its own wouldn't make sense.

Also, what's this about a post-launch fighter coming with PS2? What's your source on that? Also was that supposed to be PS5?
Pokémon Stadium 2

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord

As much as I would love having the character that started my love of villains, this is probably a whole lot of nothing.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm guessing that silhouette if a generic placeholder, if anything. The website generally seems like it is kept together via scotch tape.

Otherwise, as dlewis53 said, there aren't live action characters in the original roster and further DLC characters haven't been even pitched to Nick yet, nevermind solidified to the point of having modelling and advertising lined up for them.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Another weird thing is that we still don't have Toph's reveal trailer and showcase (despite them clearly being in the playlist as private videos).

Edit: Nevermind, they literally just now made Toph's showcase available. And curiously, it's the video above Aang's reveal, which suggests the last unknown video might be Zim's showcase. Which now brings into question whether they'll be uploading Toph's reveal or not.

I'm not sure if this was confirmed, but did anyone try asking on Discord whether the launch trailer would have anything new to show? It would be nice to not get worked up over a trailer that would just have everything we heard of so far and not include 2 bonus surprises.
Yeah, to be honest, I'm rather skeptical over the idea that the two post-launch fighters are gonna be revealed in the launch trailer, so as of now, the only thing I'm looking forward to tomorrow is finally seeing Zim's showcase.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another weird thing is that we still don't have Toph's reveal trailer and showcase (despite them clearly being in the playlist as private videos).

Edit: Nevermind, they literally just now made Toph's showcase available. And curiously, it's the video above Aang's reveal, which suggests the last unknown video might be Zim's showcase. Which now brings into question whether they'll be uploading Toph's reveal or not.

Yeah, to be honest, I'm rather skeptical over the idea that the two post-launch fighters are gonna be revealed in the launch trailer, so as of now, the only thing I'm looking forward to tomorrow is finally seeing Zim's showcase.
Figured as much. Odds are we will hear something on launch day.
Seriously, I'm so tired of hearing about the base roster, I want to see what lies ahead of that. :drsad:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In regards to Donnie, I honestly don't know if they have the ability to upgrade background characters into DLC, especially since the devs didn't have much of a budget or resources to start with.
If anything, having a model already would really help the team. The REAL issue is that even if voice acting gets patched in, you won't be able to hear Flea go "saihsdajdfhsjkldfgshfdgkjslhfdgkj" again.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If anything, having a model already would really help the team. The REAL issue is that even if voice acting gets patched in, you won't be able to hear Flea go "saihsdajdfhsjkldfgshfdgkjslhfdgkj" again.
The bright side is that the resources are simple enough that it wouldn't be too much work to make new stuff for him. Well, that and there isn't like 40+ stages to modify to have work in, let alone turning his cameos off when he's in the Wild Waterfall stage.

Only issue is the amount of characters people also ask for.

Faso115

Smash Lord
My first impression of that logo is a martial arts show.

Which sounds cool but doesn't ring a bell

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hi Guys, I haven't been here for a while due to a two day camping trip but now i am back.

I have been paying attention to the thread during my time out of home and i have seen the new stuff(The Avatar Cast's Reveals and Powdered Toast Man's Showcase) for the game as well as leaks mentioned here(The Mr. Krabs and Foot Ninja Leak).

The Release Date News has gotten me a bit worried though, i was hoping to get the game this Tuesday at Gamestop and now i'm gonna have to wait a little longer and worse my fears of the game not selling well has grown knowing were it's marked on the calendar, it might get overshadowed by Metroid: Dread

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Hungrybox mentioned that tomorow they can upload footage from the game, so tomorow we're going to get a bunch of stuff to lookk at before launch :)
I imagine this'll be after the Zim showcase, considering he literally wasn't allowed to say anything about the character other than "projectiles."

EDIT: Then again, he said 9 AM Eastern, so unless they upload the showcase early he'll already be streaming.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The Release Date News has gotten me a bit worried though, i was hoping to get the game this Tuesday at Gamestop and now i'm gonna have to wait a little longer and worse my fears of the game not selling well has grown knowing were it's marked on the calendar, it might get overshadowed by Metroid: Dread
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the minor delay only applies to the physical version of the game; I believe the digital version is still going to be available on Tuesday.

And even then, the only stores I've seen that changed to the 8th were Best Buy and Gamestop.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I want to know about the online features. Especially if its possible to set a room and if you can, how many people can there be. Hopefully we will learn more about it soon.

Welp, that is not going to reflect well on the game if they can't get simple recolors at least before launch.

I won't make a big deal out of it but it's really going to be used against NASB if it couldn't have a bare minimum like that before it released. Detractors and haters will have a field day with news like that. Ideally they're just not in the beta build maybe?

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the minor delay only applies to the physical version of the game; I believe the digital version is still going to be available on Tuesday.

And even then, the only stores I've seen that changed to the 8th were Best Buy and Gamestop.
Glass Breaks....That Just Makes it Worse for Me
1633330074774.png

Top Bottom