• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, here's the thing.
Toph is an elementalist. :ultlittlemac:is a boxer.

The only thing remotely similar about them is that they're short, black-haired fighters that wear green.

...Wait, I'm confused. Was this officially confirmed by one of the devs, or did someone from Tvtropes put this up out of an assumption? Especially since wasn't it stated somewhere earlier in the thread that Nick owned "My Life as a Teenage Robot"?
Most likely an assumption, but it's likely to be edited out regardless.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I love that Toph can create platforms, it really solves the little mac problem of being so polarized towards the ground that you become useless in half the game states. Having access to her ground strongs off-stage is huge and adds tons of cool potential situations.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Toph has a reveal trailer too. Love that thumbs down animation. She's definitely got her personality intact.

Her moveset looks insane! When they showed her strongs I was actually stunned, they look like they could be specials!
Honestly, I wasn't super blown away by her strong attacks, considering I'm coming from a game where one of the characters has strong attacks that look like this:

For all of you who are raving about how this game finally made a good heavyweight in a platform fighter, Rivals has been doing that for years by making them even more busted than Reptar is.

amageish

Smash Master
WRT No Ballot: Yeah, uh, I am fine with that. I think that polls often just end up being used by salty fans to point at and go "LOOK, THE DEVELOPER DIDN'T DO THE THING, SO THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR TRUE FANS," so I have no objections to them wanting to avoid that situation.

Anyway, Toph's finally revealed! Her animations are looking a tad bit stiff, but she also has way more unique moves then most characters in the game, so I'm not too frustrated by it. She's also the most bender-y of all the benders we've seen thus far, which fits her nicely.

Interesting, the render posted on the Twitter seems to be different from the one on the leak, but the one on the leak is on the IGN video thumbnail...

1633197376304.png

Now, two renders for a character floating around isn't uncommon, but this is the first time the Twitter one looks to be the newer one while the gameplay showcase looks like the older one... Rep just straight-up said he didn't recognize the one on Twitter at all, though he agrees it looks better.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Unfair comparisons aside, we're finally in a position where the base roster is officially unveiled. All that's left before launch now is showing PTM and Zim's movesets, then we should be hearing of the bonus characters soon after.

Also, I find it hilarious that the champion's belt actually got included as an attack, no one here would have thought of that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
WRT No Ballot: Yeah, uh, I am fine with that. I think that polls often just end up being used by salty fans to point at and go "LOOK, THE DEVELOPER DIDN'T DO THE THING, SO THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR TRUE FANS," so I have no objections to them wanting to avoid that situation.

Anyway, Toph's finally revealed! Her animations are looking a tad bit stiff, but she also has way more unique moves then most characters in the game, so I'm not too frustrated by it. She's also the most bender-y of all the benders we've seen thus far, which fits her nicely.

Interesting, the render posted on the Twitter seems to be different from the one on the leak, but the one on the leak is on the IGN video thumbnail...

View attachment 332536

Now, two renders for a character floating around isn't uncommon, but this is the first time the Twitter one looks to be the newer one while the gameplay showcase looks like the older one... Rep just straight-up said he didn't recognize the one on Twitter at all, though he agrees it looks better.
Yeah, instead it'll be "THE DEVELOPERS DIDN'T INCLUDE X CHARACTER, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR TRUE FANS!" every time each part of the DLC unveiling ends. At this stage the best I can hope for is for the character inclusion process to go faster.

At any rate, uh, yeah, they can possibly work on marketing tools more smoothly now that base roster stuff is generally taken care of.

Pre-order cancelled
Just have the pro players wear blindfolds, problem solved. :4pacman:

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Unfair comparisons aside, we're finally in a position where the base roster is officially unveiled. All that's left before launch now is showing PTM and Zim's movesets, then we should be hearing of the bonus characters soon after.

Also, I find it hilarious that the champion's belt actually got included as an attack, no one here would have thought of that.
Yeah, I wouldn't of thought of using the Champion's Belt as an attack; that's a pretty creative nod to her debut episode!

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
...Wait, I'm confused. Was this officially confirmed by one of the devs, or did someone from Tvtropes put this up out of an assumption? Especially since wasn't it stated somewhere earlier in the thread that Nick owned "My Life as a Teenage Robot"?
I think they're assuming that other production companies like Frederator and DNA Productions are problematic, but there's no real evidence of this, the trademark for these characters is going to be owned by Viacom regardless. The only problem which the devs have mentioned has been "global licensing issues", which I think would only affect Fairly OddParents since the first five seasons were distributed globally by Nelvana, there may be other shows where that was the case but I'm not sure. Tak may also fall into a weird place because of his origins, but again, I think that Viacom would own the rights to the character.

Basically, I may be completely wrong, but I don't think the production companies involved necessarily matter (although there are situations where they probably could?). For example, I assume they brought up TUFF Puppy because of Billionfold.... But Danny Phantom is also co-produced by Billionfold, so that's probably not the issue. But if the international distributor is anything other than ViacomCBS or MTV Networks, there's probably an issue.

They're right about the music though.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Toph looks super cool. Definitely reminds me of Kragg from Rivals of Aether, which is more than okay with me. It seems like she'll be able to get pretty creative with the rock platform and the ridiculous range on some of her ground moves.

Nice choice for the taunt by the way, I definitely won't be overusing it all, nope.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Quick update: There's now three hidden videos, and one of them is above Aang's reveal trailer, so I'm guessing that's Toph's. And I'm also betting that one of the other ones is Toph's showcase, which means that the third video is more than likely the showcase for either Zim or Powdered Toast Man.

So I guess now the question is just "When is that second showcase going to be made un-private?"

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Quick update: There's now three hidden videos, and one of them is above Aang's reveal trailer, so I'm guessing that's Toph's. And I'm also betting that one of the other ones is Toph's showcase, which means that the third video is more than likely the showcase for either Zim or Powdered Toast Man.

So I guess now the question is just "When is that second showcase going to be made un-private?"
Did Korra not get a reveal trailer?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
As far as I can tell, no.

And since the other two unknown videos are under the showcases for Aang and Korra, I'm guessing that they're both showcase videos (one of which is probably Toph's).

amageish

Smash Master
There was a couple clips from it in the Xbox podcast slapped-together-with-people-talking-over-it, so we know it exists... We may never actually see it at this rate tho.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That Fd in Nick brawl is Korras stage bothers me i mean its the stage with Virgin Yan and Ying also The giant laser beams in korra are dumb!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as I see, given the privated videos, I can see us get a showcase tomorrow. Hopefully it's the one I've been waiting ages for.

Toph looks ****ing amazing. I'm maining her

I can't believe it took Ludosity one game to implement an earthbender moveset while Smash still doesn't have one
earthbender moveset
Smash can't get any new Grass-type Pokémon nowadays due to the latest starters making sure to skew towards at least one Pokémon with an obvious fighter build, never mind suggesting any Pokémon to Sak beyond the starters nowadays, even less a Ground/Rock-type
Thanks, The Pokémon Company.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That Fd in Nick brawl is Korras stage bothers me i mean its the stage with Virgin Yan and Ying also The giant laser beams in korra are dumb!
As we've seen with the R&S Adult Party taunt, Ludosity are willing to reference any part from a given series, warts and all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Poof appeared in a Fairly Oddparents stage, for instance.

I was actually referring to Isaac
Fair enough, even if Camelot can barely do anything these days. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Does anybody know if this game will have a story or something?

Not a story mode but anything that explains why the characters are fighting?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Does anybody know if this game will have a story or something?

Not a story mode but anything that explains why the characters are fighting?
Given that it emulates Smash, which has no story at least 80% of the time, I'm pretty sure it won't. Best save that for fanfic retellings or whatever.

If anything, I'd like to know what the final boss even is. If it's not just them pulling a Dynamite Headdy and have us fight Mr. Krabs because capitalism.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I think a story mode may come further down the line as dlc tbh, especially after Rep's comments

It'll probably depend on if the devs feel they should add one or if adding one would add anything to the overall game

SFV had to have story mode added much later if I remember correctly so maybe it could be a deal like that

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So in a 4Chan thread, someone claimed that they had a copy early and that there was a bunch of files of the announcer listing characters. They provided two of the supposed characters audio files and name dropped a third one (while also denying that a fourth is in the files in the same breath)

The first character is Footclan: https://vocaroo.com/1dGb3xjWYzSv
The second character is Mr. Krabs: https://vocaroo.com/1cdgNmmIsgIG
The third character implied to have a voice clip like this is Skulker from Danny Phantom
And the fourth character that was denied to have a voice clip in the files was Ember from Danny Phantom

This feels more like an "announcer has to list off a bunch of different characters so that they don't know the roster" type deal to me, something similar to what Xander Mobus has had to do for Smash, but Footclan is distinct enough (and we already know there's a model in game for them) that maybe it's a variation of Multi-Man mode or something?

This is of course assuming the voice clips and these claims are legitimate. Doing comparisons to voice clips we've heard so far it sounds like the same person but the echo effect makes it hard to tell

Anyways, thoughts? Perhaps there's non versus and Slap Ball content to look forward to after all?

Edit:

Here's the 4Chan thread in question (Warning: Some rather toxic/NSFW messages and images throughout the thread: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/572962606#p573025429

Edit 2: I get the feeling I'm gonna be making a few of these

They also shared an Aang audio file: https://voca.ro/1iiHOI4JhdWV

1633211045169.png

Seems one of the planned for launch characters is still in the files. Can't say I'm surprised

And the last thing I could make out is that Dark Danny, like Skulker, was also name dropped

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I love garfield minus garfield. It takes something with essentially zero artistic/comedic aspirations or merit, and transforms it into something genuinely funny and interesting. It actually artistically justifies the existence of art as otherwise pointless and vacuous as garfield comics.
I used to be in the "Garfield is vapid art with no merit" crowd but jumped off a LONG time ago. Compared to other newspaper comics Garfield (even the modern version) is comic genius, and some spin off media like & Friends and the old D2TV movies still hold up.

If you want to see something vapid and artless, just read Family Circus - the only possible way you could enjoy this is as comfort reading if you're a vilomah.

So in a 4Chan thread, someone claimed that they had a copy early and that there was a bunch of files of the announcer listing characters. They provided two of the supposed characters audio files and name dropped a third one (while also denying that a fourth is in the files in the same breath)

The third character implied to have a voice clip like this is Skulker from Danny Phantom
And the fourth character that was denied to have a voice clip in the files was Ember from Danny Phantom

This feels more like an "announcer has to list off a bunch of different characters so that they don't know the roster" type deal to me, something similar to what Xander Mobus has had to do for Smash, but Footclan is distinct enough (and we already know there's a model in game for them) that maybe it's a variation of Multi-Man mode or something?

This is of course assuming the voice clips and these claims are legitimate. Doing comparisons to voice clips we've heard so far it sounds like the same person but the echo effect makes it hard to tell

Anyways, thoughts? Perhaps there's non versus and Slap Ball content to look forward to after all?

Edit:

Here's the 4Chan thread in question (Warning: Some rather toxic/NSFW messages and images throughout the thread: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/572962606#p573025429
I don't buy it - three Danny Phantom reps leans way too much into "2000s kid pipe dream" and it's not like perfect voice impressions just aren't a thing. (even then the Foot Clan clip sounds kinda off)

We'll wait for TCRF to do their job, but currently I'm still in the Garfield camp.

Edit:

I don't buy it - two Danny Phantom reps leans way too much into "2000s kid pipe dream" and it's not like perfect voice impressions just aren't a thing. (even then the Foot Clan clip sounds kinda off)

We'll wait for TCRF to do their job, but currently I'm still in the Garfield camp.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Footclan? It does match with mysterious scribbled character between April and Reptar but that totally sounds like a Piranha Plant in a game that doesn't have a strong foundation to start doing that nonsense. And the game already has plenty of those wtf characters like PTM.

I can buy Mr. Krabs being legit, it doesnt match with the leak plus i doubht he is coming before Squidward

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

Edit:

View attachment 332593
Seems one of the planned for launch characters is still in the files. Can't say I'm surprised

And the last thing I could make out is that Dark Danny, like Skulker, was also name dropped
If this leak is legit, I think it may just been a bunch of pitched ideas, scrapped characters, in jokes, or, specifically in the Footclan case, new modes akin to maybe this:
169.jpeg

amageish

Smash Master

Edit:

View attachment 332593

Big if true, I suppose. I think I'll wait for a dataminer who we know is legit before thinking too hard about it, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a lot of scrapped modes and concepts hanging out in the game files like that.

Also, getting Ember means that Luna Loud has no chance of getting in.
I think I can say this outside a spoiler tag as it's an anti-leak if anything: They were saying Ember wasn't in files, while other Danny characters were. Other people were just expressing hope for Ember in the same thread.

Top Bottom