• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh hey, there's a thread for this game. Cool.

Sooooo....

What's leak policy here? We cool to talk about the two leaked characters?
Toph and...? Because Aang and Korra have been officially revealed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Garfield.
That is mostly fake so far. Also, we technically can't talk about them much since we know so little about the scribbled over characters that talk about them was banned on Discord.

However, things seem to be leaning towards a potential double-announcement on launch day, since they're cleaning up showcases faster.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That is mostly fake so far. Also, we technically can't talk about them much since we know so little about the scribbled over characters that talk about them was banned on Discord.

However, things seem to be leaning towards a potential double-announcement on launch day, since they're cleaning up showcases faster.
Oh, what's disproving it? I kinda have a vested interest in Garfield making it in, and so far, each confirm seems to be lining up with the leak.

amageish

Smash Master
Oh hey, there's a thread for this game. Cool.

Sooooo....

What's leak policy here? We cool to talk about the two leaked characters?
If there's new leaks, spoiler-tag those. I think we all just kind of came to a united conclusion that Toph was leaked so many times that she's basically been soft-announced already...

As for Garfield, it's still debated here, but I think most people are set in their camps and there's not really much purpose in rehashing the arguments about if it is real.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At best I think it's an Artsy-Omni situation that would somehow became real, but until then it's just weird. Especially seeing as the devs didn't react to it at all as opposed to the two mystery slots.

Until then, we're at an impasse, so I would prefer that we leave it at that and talk about DLC possibilities/demands past the two bonuses.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm gonna be honest, I really don't want Garfield in the game. Not because I don't like Garfield, but because he just doesn't feel like a Nick character to me, and I'd rather have characters I actually associate with Nick in the game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Teen Nick still exists?
It mostly exists because Nicktoons Network doesn't air old Nicktoons anymore. Even then it isn't exactly the best substitute, as it doesn't show any original content produced specifically for Nicktoons Network.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Well, that just leaves the two post-launch characters. Amazed they haven't gotten leaked yet, but given this game's track record, anything's possible.

If we're gonna talk DLC possibilities, I'm gonna need help convincing people outside this board that the Angry Beavers don't have to be a duo and it would suit their dynamic better to be two separate slots. I am but one man!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm gonna be honest, I really don't want Garfield in the game. Not because I don't like Garfield, but because he just doesn't feel like a Nick character to me, and I'd rather have characters I actually associate with Nick in the game.
To me, if Viacom owns them; they're aimed at kids; and are animated/drawn/modeled - they're elegible. (Though I'm not opposed to guest characters - or should I say syndicated characters? - or a Nick vs. CN/Disney game later down the line)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh, what's disproving it? I kinda have a vested interest in Garfield making it in, and so far, each confirm seems to be lining up with the leak.
I was 50/50 on it, but since someone pointed out some odd lines in the picture almost like some characters were copy pasted in the line up, I can't say I have confidence in it any more. But it still could definitely be possible. The dev team loves garfield, it just feels like they would've asked for him if they could. So I still think it's possible :)

Faso115

Smash Lord
If you ask me, TMNT is the one show here that doesnt feel it belongs in a nicktoon game but i can understand their inclusion

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My take on that leak is that the models within it are almost certainly legit (the evidence for it being an incredibly lucky fake is extremely slim IMO; extraordinary claims warrant extraordinary evidence and all that) and for now we'll just have to see if the Garf himself actually makes it in or not. That said, we've discussed the Garfleak at length and most people are already convinced that it's either real or fake, so unless a conclusive verdict or some new development comes out about it, it's not really worth discussing any further.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I was 50/50 on it, but since someone pointed out some odd lines in the picture almost like some characters were copy pasted in the line up, I can't say I have confidence in it any more. But it still could definitely be possible. The dev team loves garfield, it just feels like they would've asked for him if they could. So I still think it's possible :)
something I've been meaning to check on but finally got around to also hurts Garf

Nick's TMNT series premiered in 2012
Nicktoons MLB released in 2011
Nick acquired TMNT in full in 2009

I know it's not the exact same situation here but based on past history, they don't add acquired characters to crossover stuff until they actually get their Nick shows it seems

Which again effects Garfield, acquired mid 2019 and yet not in Kart Racers 2 (this could've been more of a timing thing but eh)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
something I've been meaning to check on but finally got around to also hurts Garf

Nick's TMNT series premiered in 2012
Nicktoons MLB released in 2011
Nick acquired TMNT in full in 2009

I know it's not the exact same situation here but based on past history, they don't add acquired characters to crossover stuff until they actually get their Nick shows it seems

Which again effects Garfield, acquired mid 2019 and yet not in Kart Racers 2 (this could've been more of a timing thing but eh)
Considering they used the old tmnt designs, I feel like maybe it doesnt matter?
If nick agrees to it, then why not? :p

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Well, the turtles are drawing from their more iconic appearances from before they were on Nick, so.... I feel like the genie is already out of the bottle in that regard. But it would be weird if Garfield appeared in the game before his Nick show even aired, I admit. Especially when Nick icons like Timmy and Jimmy aren't in yet.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, the turtles are drawing from their more iconic appearances from before they were on Nick, so.... I feel like the genie is already out of the bottle in that regard. But it would be weird if Garfield appeared in the game before his Nick show even aired, I admit. Especially when Nick icons like Timmy and Jimmy aren't in yet.
Yeah. I don't expect them to rep an upcoming show that isn't even out yet, even if it has a recognizable brand attached to it like Garfield. The buyout was also very recent (in 2019).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If you ask me, TMNT is the one show here that doesnt feel it belongs in a nicktoon game but i can understand their inclusion
I'm fine with it since 1) the TMNT incarnation used here is my formative one and 2) it's better to have them show up in a Smash-like game like this than the one Ubisoft had once.

Well, it's not like it'd be entirely unprecedented, that kind of thing. :ultroy:

Yeah. I don't expect them to rep an upcoming show that isn't even out yet, even if it has a recognizable brand attached to it like Garfield. The buyout was also very recent (in 2019).
So, herein lies the question; if Garf isn't what made Ludosity freak out about the 2-bonus leak being almost exposed, what then? I guess we'll find out very soon.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So, herein lies the question; if Garf isn't what made Ludosity freak out about the 2-bonus leak being almost exposed, what then? I guess we'll find out very soon.
Was it not Toph and the Rugrats stage? Aang and Korra were already teased but at that point nobody knew for sure about Toph, and at that point nobody knew what the Rugrats stage was, which in itself is a damning piece of evidence towards Toph's inclusion once inevitably shown off with Reptar.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Regarding the 1980s incarnation, i agree. The only reason im okay with their inclusion here is because of Nick's ownership.

But i would have preferred the 2012 incarnation in this game instead, THAT one for me is inseperable from the Nickelodeon.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Was it not Toph and the Rugrats stage? Aang and Korra were already teased but at that point nobody knew for sure about Toph, and at that point nobody knew what the Rugrats stage was, which in itself is a damning piece of evidence towards Toph's inclusion once shown off.
It was those things. They barely reacted to the Garfield Leak, but once the CSS and the SSS leaked they nuked the Spec Chat on the Discord server and banned all leak discussion for a time, but then the entire server was made read only due to an unrelated incident involving a moderator.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Was it not Toph and the Rugrats stage? Aang and Korra were already teased but at that point nobody knew for sure about Toph, and at that point nobody knew what the Rugrats stage was, which in itself is a damning piece of evidence towards Toph's inclusion once inevitably shown off with Reptar.
It was those things. They barely reacted to the Garfield Leak, but once the CSS and the SSS leaked they nuked the Spec Chat on the Discord server and banned all leak discussion for a time, but then the entire server was made read only due to an unrelated incident involving a moderator.
Ah yeah, I hadn't thought about it that way. In any case, it's a lucky accident that the leaker was too coy about the bonus characters, so whoever the 2 bonuses are will be a complete surprise, assuming nothing else leaks.

As for the initial art box leak, they pretty much just did this:

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
the leak stuff mainly just had to do with devs being busy and not wanting to be bothered by it

once the Xbox start up screen leaked too they basically gave up and allowed it

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Agreed, except that I also can't stand Garfield personally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom