• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Aang and Korra play about how I expected them to, aside from Korra's button holding mechanic, which is pretty cool.

They've mentioned post launch support, so if there's enough of an outcry I guess they might change some of Aang's move visuals to different elements or whatever.

The stages themselves are decent, but man, the Air Temple's theme sounds really placeholder-y and I didn't even notice Convergence's theme.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Aang and Korra play about how I expected them to, aside from Korra's button holding mechanic, which is pretty cool.

They've mentioned post launch support, so if there's enough of an outcry I guess they might change some of Aang's move visuals to different elements or whatever.

The stages themselves are decent, but man, the Air Temple's theme sounds really placeholder-y and I didn't even notice Convergence's theme.
Like they said, they'll improve the music after launch. Presumably the tracks that would fit right in bargain-bin fangames from the early 00s, and not the ones people genuinely like.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Aang and Korra both look pretty fun, Korra may end up being a main of mine, andang airball move is definitely gonna be fun to mess around with :p

I wonder if they are saving Toph till launch honestly, kinda weird to not show her off here with the other two avatar characters
Yeah, it's bleeding weird. They're really dedicated to their "no more than two characters from a related series" showcase per day formula.

Hell, she might be awkwardly shunted on the same day of the remaining base character that hasn't been covered yet by then. The only alternative I can think of is PTM and Zim getting showcases on Monday (GIR likes waffles and PTM's arch-nemesis is waffle-themed, so there's your link, I guess).

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Aang and Korra both look pretty fun, Korra may end up being a main of mine, andang airball move is definitely gonna be fun to mess around with :p
Yeah, I didn't notice it on my first viewing of Aang's showcase, but the Air Scooter looks like it'll be REALLY useful for traversing the stage quickly, either to get close to the opponent or to get away.

It's less of "I want the EXACT moveset" and more of the concept of the moveset - utilizing all four elements, you know, like the AVATAR.
The biggest variety of moves was Aang's airbending with the show's namesake focusing on air above all else. Makes sense Aang has a moveset centered around that for the sake of variety along with his staff and glider.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For those who haven't seen it already, the game has now covered the big three of console websites for exclusive articles, with Xbox Wire, Playstation Blog and Nintendo Life.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10...ar-brawl-is-passion-project-platform-fighter/

Yeah, I didn't notice it on my first viewing of Aang's showcase, but the Air Scooter looks like it'll be REALLY useful for traversing the stage quickly, either to get close to the opponent or to get away.
Personally, I find the Air Ball fun in this regard, might make for a good side recovery.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

new interview and it has another Zim screenshot

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Minor update, but Reptar's showcase just got put up (or I guess un-privated) on Gamemill's Youtube channel, and it still has the distracting "notification pop" sound in it.

Also, now there are three unknown videos; I'm guessing they're either the three reveal trailers for the Avatar characters, or the showcases for Powdered Toast Man, Zim, and Toph, and to be honest, I'm kind of hoping it's the latter option.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I mean, let's be real, the trailers are pretty poorly editted and a lot of people like making potshots at the song they use, I don't get why you're waiting for this specifically
Honestly, at this point, the only good thing about the reveal trailers is listening to that banging song again.

Otherwise, yeah, they're not really that well-made, mainly in that they move too fast to be able to notice anything significant without slowing the video's speed down.

Plus, we've already gotten both Aang and Korra's showcases; the reveal trailers would just be redundant at this point.

For those who haven't seen it already, the game has now covered the big three of console websites for exclusive articles, with Xbox Wire, Playstation Blog and Nintendo Life.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10...ar-brawl-is-passion-project-platform-fighter/

Personally, I find the Air Ball fun in this regard, might make for a good side recovery.
NASB really made sure to cover its bases huh? Really playing for all teams than trying to exclude itself.

amageish

Smash Master
1633121330184.png

Interesting... So, either Korra's trailer was uploaded before Aang's and the showcases, or maybe 4/5 are still Zim/PTM?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Um...yay?

Honestly, the showcase kind of makes the reveal trailer a bit unnecessary to me. Plus I have no idea why they waited so late in the day to make the reveal trailer public.

Also, as amageish pointed out, the positioning of the remaining two private videos suggests that they're showcases as well; hopefully for Zim and Powdered Toast Man.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
ATLA is my favorite piece of media, not just from Nickelodeon but in all of fiction, so I'll obviously be maining all the Avatar characters day 1. So far Korra is the only one that fits my playstyle and her stage is beautiful (even if the season it came from is trash writing-wise). Just wish we saw these two much earlier since we've known they were in the game since... well since the game was announced really.
Well, here's Aang's reveal trailer, at the very least.
My guess is Korra's isn't far away.
GET READY GET READY

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know how they're gonna cover Toph's reveal and the showcases for PTM and Zim unless the game really is delayed to the 8th.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Did we ever get much on weekends?

Just wondering since it'd be nice to see toph tomorow :"P
Considering past history for that, the most we even got was plugging for the PC version. Otherwise...

I don't know how they're gonna cover Toph's reveal and the showcases for PTM and Zim unless the game really is delayed to the 8th.
If I'm not mistaken, only physical releases would be affected.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Do any of you think that maybe they're trying to pull something similar to a :ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha: situation by having Toph announced alongside the 2 bonus characters on launch day? Otherwise it makes no sense which way you look at it.

Edit: In light of recent events, maybe just the 2 bonus characters at launch.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Now I think about it, since Toph is blind does that mean she has no clue how ridiculous her opponents look? Sure, she'd hear and smell them, but the idea of her recognising these wacky characters as worthy foes before she recognises them as silly madmen is both funny and awesome.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, so we're getting Toph tomorrow then aka an actual legit update on the weekend for once.

I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that at least one of the two remaining videos is her showcase, then.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, guess that answers the question of "when are they gonna reveal Toph". If tomorrow goes anything like today, we'll probably get Toph's showcase shortly after too, leaving the Zim fans and Powdered Toast Chads out in the cold yet again. Looks like the game's release being right around the corner was just the kick in the pants they needed to start doing weekend uploads.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well, this has quickly made the rounds. 😊

Now I think about it, since Toph is blind does that mean she has no clue how ridiculous her opponents look? Sure, she'd hear and smell them, but the idea of her recognising these wacky characters as worthy foes before she recognises them as silly madmen is both funny and awesome.
I like to think that she would request to touch them to get a general idea of how they look (before or after battle). It's telling how the teenage mutant ninja turtles would be the least weird of this lot.

Also, smelling Oblina would not quite be the wisest idea...

Well, guess that answers the question of "when are they gonna reveal Toph". If tomorrow goes anything like today, we'll probably get Toph's showcase shortly after too, leaving the Zim fans and Powdered Toast Chads out in the cold yet again. Looks like the game's release being right around the corner was just the kick in the pants they needed to start doing weekend uploads.
I'm fine with this as long as we get something on Sunday.

But yeah, time's running low for sure. It's go time.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean, let's be real, the trailers are pretty poorly editted and a lot of people like making potshots at the song they use, I don't get why you're waiting for this specifically
Mainly because it bothers me they did it on that podcast and It'd bug my OCD to have it exclusive to that god-awful **** when I can look up all the other reveals on youtube; either way it got uploaded.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I gotta say: I know Smash speculation has made people wary of any and all leaks, but the fact there's a non-zero number of people saying "Toph wasn't shown with the Avatar reps; she obviously isn't in the game" is... quite silly.
I mean, she's on the leaked splash art that preloaded copies of the game are showing, right? At that point, I'm not sure how much more confirmed she can get.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I gotta say: I know Smash speculation has made people wary of any and all leaks, but the fact there's a non-zero number of people saying "Toph wasn't shown with the Avatar reps; she obviously isn't in the game" is... quite silly.
It's business as usual, people refuse to see the truth until it stares at them in the face. In this case it's even dumber since they failed to notice the pattern of "can't show more than two characters of a given series per day, no matter how much it makes sense".

I can hardly wait to see how the DLC cycle for this will go.

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

I mean, she's on the leaked splash art that preloaded copies of the game are showing, right? At that point, I'm not sure how much more confirmed she can get.
Xbox ones, to be exact. Still no word on PS4/5, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom