• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Kinda weird why they didn't mention ''other character'' in the lineup unless they are saving it for this weekend.
Yeah. I wonder what the schedule is for the last reveals. We have 5 characters left afterall and only three days. (assuming we get nothing on the weekend)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, according to my clock, we still have at least 15 minutes until the proper reveal, and at the very least, I think we're getting Aang.

Yeah. I wonder what the schedule is for the last reveals. We have 5 characters left afterall and only three days. (assuming we get nothing on the weekend)
To be fair, they don't necessarily HAVE to reveal the two post-launch characters before or on the game's launch; I'd rather they be revealed when the team feels they (the characters) are in a good enough state to reveal. If they are, great! But if not, it's not a necessity to have them revealed before the game launches.

When it comes to reveals, I think they should focus on the launching roster, so if we do get both Aang and Korra today, then they really should reveal Toph either over the weekend or on Monday.

Edit: Well, it looks like the game's main Twitter page dropped both Aang and Korra's renders:

And I'm liking both of them!

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Well, according to my clock, we still have at least 15 minutes until the proper reveal, and at the very least, I think we're getting Aang.

To be fair, they don't necessarily HAVE to reveal the two post-launch characters before or on the game's launch; I'd rather they be revealed when the team feels they (the characters) are in a good enough state to reveal. If they are, great! But if not, it's not a necessity to have them revealed before the game launches.

When it comes to reveals, I think they should focus on the launching roster, so if we do get both Aang and Korra today, then they really should reveal Toph either over the weekend or on Monday.

Edit: Well, it looks like the game's main Twitter page dropped both Aang and Korra's renders:

And I'm liking both of them!
only problem with monday is that people will likely get early review copies. So the weekend is better honestly

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Did they actually expect people to watch this Xbox Podcast? I don't want to listen to two boring dudes and a chick who can barely keep it together, I wanna pay attention to the reveal.
I mean, the only interesting stuff should be which games that'll catch attention to ya, at least to me.

Plus, didn't The Future Game Show have any attention thanks to the hosts(The actors of Lady D and The Duke)

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Did they actually expect people to watch this Xbox Podcast? I don't want to listen to two boring dudes and a chick who can barely keep it together, I wanna pay attention to the reveal.
Not to mention we only got a snippet of gameplay, and they were talking over it.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Uh apparently another time is out. Most likely for the last character. Gamemill really should've not hold out on the last second to this. Cause this is a bit of a mess.
1633108241789.png

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

oh my god their renders

is this reality
I'm liking both renders (particularly Aang's), but that is not the same Korra render that was posted on Twitter.

How does this keep happening?

I am whelmed. Truly an outstanding, groundbreaking method of revealing characters. Smash can't hope to top this.
...Yeah, this definitely feels like the worst way they could've handled these reveals.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The movesets for the Avatar characters reflect how they were trained prior to their shows, with Aang only using Airbending while Korra uses a mix of Water, Earth, and Firebending.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
For those that want easy access (let me know if i should put in spoilers XD)

Korra :)
Both movesets look pretty good and reflective of their personalities, and I find it interesting that Aang focuses more on Airbending while Korra features all four Bending styles. You know, like an Avatar? :p

Although, one small nitpick: Aang's Down Special isn't called "Air Ball"; it's the "Air Scooter"!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, at least we have movesets to look at. Air Ball looks like it could be fun; I'll have to see how that works in-game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why does Korra get the better moveset? If I want to play as an Avatar, I have to pick her, if I want to play as an Aibender, I pick Aang. That's ****.
I guess they picked early aang? I dunno, but yeah I find that strange.

I like air/wind a lot tho, so that might mean i play Aang too XD

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, these are very much the Season 1 incarnations of both characters. I suppose it leaves a lot of room open for other benders' kits if Avatar gets more content as DLC!

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
1633109575067.png
hmm?. oh and also I saw this after the korra and ang showcases were released. So i think this means other character reveal and zim and ptm showcases

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, Avatar State is a comeback mechanic for Aang! Neat way of representing it, though that does make his kit otherwise being all air a little bit funny... Also his taunt is the thing everyone wanted it to be haha.

Top Bottom