• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That'd be hilarious, if the game we thought didn't allow violence against babies just straight-up had dead babies in it. I just wanna know what Grandpa Lou was up to when it happened.
Seeing the kind of stuff that was in Nick's shows back in Nicktoons' formative years, this wouldn't be entirely out of character. ☠

I'm really curious to know if anyone dared to ask about this on the Discord.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Seeing the kind of stuff that was in Nick's shows back in Nicktoons' formative years, this wouldn't be entirely out of character. ☠

I'm really curious to know if anyone dared to ask about this on the Discord.
He slept through Pearl Harbor too, according to the first movie.
Rugrats used to be super ballsy in it's earliest days.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, Reptar is winning the Best Victory Screen contest, if nothing else! Very cool dynamic shots in that...

His moveset otherwise seems like big lizard with more agility then your average heavy. Interesting set-up and I'm curious how he'll play in the hands of pros!
Eh, I'm still partial to Ren & Stimpy's victory animation myself, but Reptar's is still pretty good.

And honestly, the more I watch his showcase, the more I think maybe he could be a potential secondary (albeit a low one), and his Specials look neat, so we'll see what happens; after all, I won't know for sure unless I play as him...and that's kind of hard at the moment! :p

Side note: did anyone else notice this popping sound that kept happening over the video during the "Actual Match" part? Cause' I found that a tad distracting.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm still partial to Ren & Stimpy's victory animation myself, but Reptar's is still pretty good.

And honestly, the more I watch his showcase, the more I think maybe he could be a potential secondary (albeit a low one), and his Specials look neat, so we'll see what happens; after all, I won't know for sure unless I play as him...and that's kind of hard at the moment! :p

Side note: did anyone else notice this popping sound that kept happening over the video during the "Actual Match" part? Cause' I found that a tad distracting.
I noticed that sound too. I am not sure what it is either (at first I though i was an attack sound but then it happened when no attacks were being done).

amageish

Smash Master

I like Ren & Stimpy's animation's reference a lot, but the actual quality of animation with Reptar's is what makes it take the cake to me. Like, the cool shot on his eye and everything...

And, yes, it seems like whoever was recording it was getting notifications on Slack during parts of the recording and they couldn't remove them during editing. Whoops!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I like Ren & Stimpy's animation's reference a lot, but the actual quality of animation with Reptar's is what makes it take the cake to me. Like, the cool shot on his eye and everything...

And, yes, it seems like whoever was recording it was getting notifications on Slack during parts of the recording and they couldn't remove them during editing. Whoops!
I can kind of understand that, though part of me wonders if they did Ren & Stimpy's animations in general like that on purpose in order to replicate the actual show and how zany it was.

And yeah, I thought that sounded like someone was getting a notification somewhere.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
"I'm back from a game of Russian Roulette with the guys"

"Did you win, Pops?"

"You really don't know what Russian Roulette is"
Hello? Dr. Kervorkian?

(that Russian Roulette quote isn't actually real IIRC, it was the result of a subtitle error I believe - still funny though.)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can kind of understand that, though part of me wonders if they did Ren & Stimpy's animations in general like that on purpose in order to replicate the actual show and how zany it was.

And yeah, I thought that sounded like someone was getting a notification somewhere.
I believe that it was entirely done on purpose. Different head models for Ren's reactions, low-key framerate on the taunt, hell the Playstation Blog article has actual concept sketches.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/14/ren-stimpy-are-coming-to-nickelodeon-all-star-brawl/

amageish

Smash Master
So, the website (at time of writing) has a counter up again and the caption it had before April/Catdog were revealed ("Tune in to the #FutureGamesShow for two Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl character reveals!").

Seems like they're preparing for another reveal tomorrow and they just are updating the website live... for some reason.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

They're clearly teasing us Powdered Toast Chads at this point.

Reptar's easily one of if not the best animated character in the game. Part of that might have to do with him being slower than the rest of the cast and needing more frames of animation.

Also, now I've got a sudden craving for some cereal. Thanks, Ludosity.
Incidentally, I was thinking about eating cereal for breakfast next morning.

So, the website (at time of writing) has a counter up again and the caption it had before April/Catdog were revealed ("Tune in to the #FutureGamesShow for two Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl character reveals!").

Seems like they're preparing for another reveal tomorrow and they just are updating the website live... for some reason.
This better not be a significant goof-up.

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice

let's hope we get some official confirmation on this.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

They're clearly teasing us Powdered Toast Chads at this point.
I freaking love that picture, especially Toast Man's face!

...Okay, it definitely seems like we may FINALLY be getting the Avatar characters tomorrow!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

So good news is my prediction was almost right XD.

A bit odd that they reladed the counter but there wasn't an announcement.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh my god finally, we're getting the Avatar characters tomorrow. I'm gonna guess that tomorrow we'll get PTM and Zim's showcases before the reveal, then on Monday, they'll drop all three Avatar showcases to drum up hype before release (and because they kinda backed themselves into a corner with how they paced these showcases). The only other way I can see things going is if they show Aang and Korra/Toph on Monday and then the final one on Tuesday, but that'd be kinda dumb since people will already have had time to play as her by then.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
See, I told you guys, Avatar characters on Friday so that we have all weekend to talk about them in the leadup to launch. It makes perfect sense.

Launch day might wind up being the 2 extra characters, if anything, but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
See, I told you guys, Avatar characters on Friday so that we have all weekend to talk about them in the leadup to launch. It makes perfect sense.

Launch day might wind up being the 2 extra characters, if anything, but I wouldn't count on it.
Well, that depends on how much work the staff did on the Day One patch by that point. It might not be that likely, but not entirely something to rule out either.

Alternately, they could announce the bonus 2 fighters on the day after launch day.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Top Bottom