• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Since every time I entered tierlistmaker.com, it seemed like it was sending me to risky places, I'll just put my tiers here:

Potential Mains:
SpongeBob SquarePants
Lincoln Loud
April O'Neil
CatDog
Helga
Danny Phantom
Oblina

Potential Secondaries:
Sandy Cheeks
Lucy Loud
Ren & Stimpy
Nigel Thornberry

Others/Just for Fun:
Patrick Star
Michelangelo
Leonardo

Not Applicable/Don't Know:
Aang
Toph
Korra
Powdered Toast Man
Zim
Reptar

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, stupid pragmatic question: If they wait to announce the Avatar characters until after the game is out (in spite of them literally being on the boxart), then will it take until that announcement for them to be discussed in the Discord? Will people be playing as them without them having a channel, flairs, or Rep acknowledging anything about their design, mechanics, or the ideas behind their inclusion? As that would be... funny in a weird way, I suppose...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Okay, stupid pragmatic question: If they wait to announce the Avatar characters until after the game is out (in spite of them literally being on the boxart), then will it take until that announcement for them to be discussed in the Discord? Will people be playing as them without them having a channel, flairs, or Rep acknowledging anything about their design, mechanics, or the ideas behind their inclusion? As that would be... funny in a weird way, I suppose...
I hope it doesnt get there but if it happens maybe, the showcases will just be dropped off one day without much buzz. I really wish that every character gets a video though. I would feel weird if they dont.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well they could be waiting to do it near the launch day I guess. I still think tomorow could be an alright day to announce something, even if just to say they'll be revealed friday or something.

amageish

Smash Master
I hope it doesnt get there but if it happens maybe, the showcases will just be dropped off one day without much buzz. I really wish that every character gets a video though. I would feel weird if they dont.
Yeah, it'd just be kind of sad if they skipped showcases for the Avatar characters... also counter-intuitive if the goal is to get advertising, but I also don't think it'd be good advertising to show them off once the game is out TBH - like, people aren't going to livestream reactions to a reveal trailer when they can just... livestream them playing as the characters themselves.

Well they could be waiting to do it near the launch day I guess. I still think tomorow could be an alright day to announce something, even if just to say they'll be revealed friday or something.
True... We can hope they reveal when a reveal is happening if nothing else... Or maybe they'll just drop them without the usual website countdown to a reveal at this point... Who knows...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
dlewis53 dlewis53 That's a lot of candidates xD.
Well, it's good to have a lot that you like.
What can I say? I'm generally an easy person to please! :p

Though any of these could easily change once I've actually started playing the game, not to mention I'll be updating the lists as soon as the showcases for the "Not Applicable" characters are put up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, moveset posts are give or take, but it would actually be insanely stupid not to give them showcase videos, especially since they've been on a nonstop streak for those recently.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Toph is probably gonna be pretty good on the ground on stage.

And pretty terrible in the air.
I don't feel they'll necessarily do anything like that, besides maybe give her less high jumps or recovery, but maybe not even that.

Up to now the characters seem to have decent recovery besides nigel.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't feel they'll necessarily do anything like that, besides maybe give her less high jumps or recovery, but maybe not even that.

Up to now the characters seem to have decent recovery besides nigel.
Even then, she's still gonna have the double jump and airdash as recovery options

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I also made my own tier list of how I would rate the characters. I'm actually surprised how fun Lincoln looks considering I never even watched Loud house. We haven't seen too much of Zim but if he's a trapper I'm sure I will enjoy him. I don't really like heavy so I don't think I'll play Reptar and I honestly was never huge on TMNT so I don't really care about those either.

Nick all star tier list.png

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Fanbyte got to do Reptar's it seems
Lets go over Reptar ,my number one and hypiest choice, who seems to have the longest range in the whole game. I am impressed by how much ground his attacks cover. I expected him to be kind of slow so no surprise there. He has some good range with its tail attacks. I like how they gave him the charge mechanic for some variation in its moveset. Reptar might actually be the closest thing we have to a true zoner. He might also be the exception that we heard about from Rep on unreflectable projectiles. It kind of makes sense since it would look really awkward. As for Teeter Totter Gulch, I like the stage. Its a pretty cool design and Reptar is the appropiate size to be a toy that could be lost in that place.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Reptar looks......kind of amazing?

His down strong gives him a lot of mobility for a heavy, he's got great range on a lot of his attacks while not compromising damage, he actually has a good and fast projectile, and that down special is actually insane, dealing 30% each time no matter how long you charge it and causing hardly any knockback?

Yeah, he's gonna be great

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Had a feeling we'd see Reptar today. Honestly, as someone who kinda hates typical heavies, his moveset doesn't really appeal to me, so my opinion on him hasn't changed. I just hope he isn't too awful to play against; that 30% Down Special is simply not okay. I'm probably gonna hate this guy the second the game comes out if his damage output isn't changed. I won't jump the shark by saying he's gonna be overpowered (he'll probably be in the lower half of the tier list, in my estimation), but right now, he's looking like this game's "you were oppressing me for 90% of the match, but I won anyway" character, which is NO fun IMO.
I am kind of surprised at no Rugrats cameos on the Teeter-Totter Gulch stage other than Grandpa Lou on the bench back there, but hey, no skin off my back.
Now to get excited for Zim/PTM's showcase tomorrow! :popcorn:

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright, so we have Reptar now, and honestly, he looks okay; he kind of just reminds me of your standard heavyweight fighter, and outside of his Specials, there wasn't a lot that really grabbed me with this one. I'm sure once I actually have the chance to play him, I'll probably change my tune, but for now, Reptar might be among my least-hyped characters in this game. I will say that I liked that both his entrance and victory animations involved him knocking down buildings, though; that was a neat touch, along with his taunt having him pull out a bowl of Reptar cereal.

Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch (what a name) looks like a decent enough stage, although I'm curious if once you're in the sand, are you able to get out if you jump enough? Or are you basically dead once that happens? Also, the music was pretty decent as well and at least fit the stage.

So yeah, right now I'm not really feeling Reptar all that much, but hopefully that'll change once the game's out!

Hell yeah, Marcus is doing it!
...You know what? At this point, as long as he's not doing Powdered Toast Man's showcase, I can put up with him as the narrator for every other showcase.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Reptar looks pretty fun. His intro and outro animations are great. He's got some pretty good range and Down special looks like it'll have some strong utility, especially for ledgetrapping.

Not sure how good he'll be in the grand scheme of things, but with the options this game is presenting maybe he'll have an easier time making things work than a traditional Smash heavy.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, Reptar is winning the Best Victory Screen contest, if nothing else! Very cool dynamic shots in that...

His moveset otherwise seems like big lizard with more agility then your average heavy. Interesting set-up and I'm curious how he'll play in the hands of pros!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, how about that, I brought up Reptar yesterday and here he is.

That being said, his down special has amazing range. They sure went nuts with this guy.

Fanbyte got to do Reptar's it seems
That has to be the most random sponsorship tie-in I've seen up to this point. Next thing you know Hardcore Gaming 101 will get exclusive gamplay footage too.

No sign of the babies, there is still hope for Tommy and Chuckie.

Rip Grandpa Lou mains tho /s
Yeah, uh, once again I have to point out how weird Rugrats representation is in this game so far. Not even Angelica is in the stage, yet her doll is caught in the quicksand.

Quick update, but there are now two private videos in the All-Star Brawl playlist; that means either we're getting a double feature today, or they're the showcases for today and tomorrow respectively.
Given our luck, I'd say the other one is tomorrow.

Showdown at Teeter-Totter Gulch (what a name)
I never expected them to quote the episode's entire sodding title, that's glorious.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wow Reptar seems good! And fun!

Guess that changes my list already :p. But really, slow moving but the moves don't seem 'that' slow, and with the large hitboxes and power, seems like a super solid character.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
So with the ball, bottles and Cynthia stuck in the sinkholes, is the implication that the babies sunk in?

Brutal.
That'd be hilarious, if the game we thought didn't allow violence against babies just straight-up had dead babies in it. I just wanna know what Grandpa Lou was up to when it happened.

Top Bottom