• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem

welp, seems GameMill goofed a bit, but Oblina! (should work, if not now then soon)
Seems like she's gonna be an interesting Zoner character, however I'm kinda disappointed she doesn't have her exact signature move where she pulls out her entire insides as either a move, a taunt or her victory animation ( the strong down might be a reference to it? But it's not really the same)
gut_attack__by_cmanuel1_de51k41-fullview~2.png

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Seems like she's gonna be an interesting Zoner character, however I'm kinda disappointed she doesn't have her exact signature move where she pulls out her entire insides as either a move, a taunt or her victory animation ( the strong down might be a reference to it? But it's not really the same)View attachment 332077
I think she does pull it out for a couple moves, it just goes by so fast it's hard to tell.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seems like she's gonna be an interesting Zoner character, however I'm kinda disappointed she doesn't have her exact signature move where she pulls out her entire insides as either a move, a taunt or her victory animation ( the strong down might be a reference to it? But it's not really the same)View attachment 332077
A couple of her attacks pull out her heart. Not quite as detailed, but definitely enough to have neophytes do a double-take.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The way I see it right now, the worst-case scenario would be that tomorrow, Friday, and Monday are the showcases for Powdered Toast Man, Zim, and Reptar (in whatever order they decide), and the day of launch will see the reveal of the Avatar characters, and then the day after would be their showcases.

In other subjects, how long are people's respective "Potential Main" lists? Because as of now, just looking at the characters that have been showcased, I've got seven:

SpongeBob
Lincoln
April
CatDog
Helga
Danny
Oblina
I'm pretty much dedicated to maining only 1 character in any game I play, and right now, day 1, it's looking to be CatDog. In time, though, it'll shake out to whoever I like playing as the most. The only characters I have no interest in trying at this point are the Loud siblings. Anyone else, I'm open to maining or at least carrying as a pocket if they catch my interest. I will say the only shows in this game that I've watched extensively are SpongeBob, Zim, and kind of Ren & Stimpy, so obviously I'm biased in favor of those guys.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I think she does pull it out for a couple moves, it just goes by so fast it's hard to tell.
A couple of her attacks pull out her heart. Not quite as detailed, but definitely enough to have neophytes do a double-take.
Ahh I think I see it

It's much quicker and less detailed so it wasn't as obvious what it was. That's cool, but I guess still would have been nice if the full original gut pull was say the victory animation, it seems more appropriate for that.

Here's hoping it's added in a patch or something

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I mean at this point, outside of revealing the Avatar characters before the game launches and then putting up their showcases either the day of launch or just after, what choice do they have?
If they do it after launch, that would be ridiculously dumb if I had to be honest. People are already going to be playing the game and digging out the moves themselves. The biggest advantage the showcases have is that they drum up hype and discussion before launch.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ahh I think I see it

It's much quicker and less detailed so it wasn't as obvious what it was. That's cool, but I guess still would have been nice if the full original gut pull was say the victory animation, it seems more appropriate for that.

Here's hoping it's added in a patch or something
I think one would need to ask on Discord about that, although it might be a bit much for the game's rating content.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The way I see it right now, the worst-case scenario would be that tomorrow, Friday, and Monday are the showcases for Powdered Toast Man, Zim, and Reptar (in whatever order they decide), and the day of launch will see the reveal of the Avatar characters, and then the day after would be their showcases.

In other subjects, how long are people's respective "Potential Main" lists? Because as of now, just looking at the characters that have been showcased, I've got seven:

SpongeBob
Lincoln
April
CatDog
Helga
Danny
Oblina
It's really premature for me to say this since I haven't actually seen how the avatar characters play, but for now I'm thinking it'll be something like this::

Main: Korra
Secondaries: Toph + April
Pocket: Oblina (+Sandy?)

I'd like to play Sandy to see how I feel about her too, but already Oblina popped out to me as a character I like better.
Not saying I can't have many pockets, just that I'm trying to cut down on having 'too' many characters that I focus on this time around :p

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

SpongeBob
Lincoln
April
CatDog
Helga
Danny
Oblina
my-image(10).png

This is my list as it stands now. I know we haven't seen Zim's gameplay yet either, but I'm interested in him just on the basis that he's Zim.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
View attachment 332086

This is my list as it stands now. I know we haven't seen Zim's gameplay yet either, but I'm interested in him just on the basis that he's Zim.
Wow, we're basically opposites. This is what my list is looking like right now:
nick tier list.png

(Obviously Zim, Reptar, and Powdered Toast Man's placements are subject to change based on what we see of their movesets in the coming days. Right now, I'm just listing them by how much I wanna play as them. At the end of the day, I'll probably jump around to everyone at least a little bit.)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Probably just because it's easier to model.
Yeah, kinda figured it'd be time/budget issue. I'm just glad it's in there at all, honestly.

Wow, we're basically opposites. This is what my list is looking like right now:
View attachment 332087
(Obviously Zim, Reptar, and Powdered Toast Man's placements are subject to change based on what we see of their movesets in the coming days. Right now, I'm just listing them by how much I wanna play as them. At the end of the day, I'll probably jump around to everyone at least a little bit.)
I'm so gonna look forward to the meme tier lists for this game. Ultimate already had some good howlers.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't know why April slipped my mind when I thought about the characters I'll use XD.

Also, if Garfield's in, I'm definitely interested :D

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Here's my current character ranking... I, uh, am really hoping some of the Avatar gang will end up in the main category!

View attachment 332098

I also assume that the April shape is meant to be Toph in spite of it... being April.
Lucy mains rise up!

Like I said, never even seen The Loud House, but Lucy's moveset is cool enough that I'm drawn to her anyway, which I think is the ultimate mark of a good fighting game character.

amageish

Smash Master
Lucy mains rise up!

Like I said, never even seen The Loud House, but Lucy's moveset is cool enough that I'm drawn to her anyway, which I think is the ultimate mark of a good fighting game character.
Yeah, I have now seen a non-zero amount of The Loud House (it was pretty enjoyable overall), but Lucy's appeal to me is primarily in her moveset. Maybe I just like the joke of giving the goth youth character a bunch of phases...

"It's not a phase, Mom! They're called stances."

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Really The Loud House is probably the only cartoon in the game that I haven't seen. (PTM maybe, not sure)
And I do think Lucy would be fun to try.
The first three seasons of it are generally good. It kind of went downhill after that (especially since the creator was sacked since season 3).

Although I do find it hilarious that one of the most criticized elements in later seasons (increasing overreliance on unrealistic and paranormal events) is much more widely accepted for the Louds' appearance here, crossover nature aside.

Powdered Toast Man is from Ren & Stimpy. He appears in commercials within the show itself.
He also gets a couple of focus episodes.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I might've seen it then, but I was pretty young back then. I don't remember much of ren and stimpy now. Though I did have a comic too that I remember.
Which once had a crossover with Spider-Man, of all people. Granted, Marvel was the publisher, but it's definitely an unusual thing.

I forgot most of R&S myself, but having glanced some stuff in TV Tropes, it's likely that it was actually repressed from my memory.

amageish

Smash Master
The first three seasons of it are generally good. It kind of went downhill after that (especially since the creator was sacked since season 3).

Although I do find it hilarious that one of the most criticized elements in later seasons (increasing overreliance on unrealistic and paranormal events) is much more widely accepted for the Louds' appearance here, crossover nature aside.

How do so many Nick shows end up having to fire and cut ties with their creators; Ren & Stimpy, The Loud House, basically all post-2005 NickComs, and sort of Hartman's work as he wasn't fired but he is now controversial...

Anyway, yeah, I watched a few episodes from across the seasons and was surprised by how paranormal thing were just... objectively real in the newer ones. I was kind of expecting a Scooby Doo solution to the episode (the 2020 Halloween special, Ghosted!), but it just was a story about a very real ghost! And it was largely from the PoV of the University student, so it's not like you can write it off as a child's perspective... It still had some pretty funny gags, but I was surprised by the lack of twist, y'know?

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Probably because those more paranormal aspects fit better into a zany fighting game like this as opposed to the show, where from my understanding, it's supposed to be at least a little more grounded in reality.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Probably because those more paranormal aspects fit better into a zany fighting game like this as opposed to the show, where from my understanding, it's supposed to be at least a little more grounded in reality.
Exactly, which is why I find it funnily ironic.

On a related note, I can't help but think that Lucy would not be scared by Oblina at all and just try to become friends with her.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I love how many references to old licensed games are in these movesets - and how they're referencing more obscure stuff and not just your regular BFBB or Turtles in Time.

I don't know if the people who made those games were necessarily big fans of the shows or are in the loop on Nick Brawl, but if I were them I would be so honoured to see concepts I came up with for those characters come back in such a big game so many years later - reminds me of how ecstatic the creator of Mr. Crumb was to see his character come back.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I love how many references to old licensed games are in these movesets - and how they're referencing more obscure stuff and not just your regular BFBB or Turtles in Time.

I don't know if the people who made those games were necessarily big fans of the shows or are in the loop on Nick Brawl, but if I were them I would be so honoured to see concepts I came up with for those characters come back in such a big game so many years later - reminds me of how ecstatic the creator of Mr. Crumb was to see his character come back.
Hell, even April has her slide kick reference her appearance in the much-maligned Genesis version of Tournament Fighters.

This reminds me, ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos , the guy who helped with the Crumb movement, is still waiting to see Reptar's moveset. As I said before, Carlos is the main reason I heard of this game at all, and I couldn't be more grateful to him for it. 🤗

There's also the fact that her guts aren't on screen long enough and aren't seen up close, so there's no point in wasting GPU power on super-detailed guts.
Good thing this is likely to have a camera feature then. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I mean at this point, outside of revealing the Avatar characters before the game launches and then putting up their showcases either the day of launch or just after, what choice do they have?
Revealing all the Avatar characters on the day of release or the day before would be pretty good marketing. Reveal beloved characters from a series everyone loves, and then hit em with the "and you can play as them right now/tomorrow!" That way, the game is fresh in everyone's minds right when it needs to be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom