• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just a little too stupid for me despite it being a little funny. Avatar is a huge franchise with a huge fanbase, revealing them after launch is anti-hype af when it'd be far more beneficial to bring such a large series in the limelight with character reveals. They received 3 reps before many Nick shows they have to reveal them unless the marketing team is filled to the brim with morons.
I'd say it's mostly the Nick side's fault. Those guys were clearly expecting yet another disposable crossover and were blissfully unaware of the untapped gold mine sitting under them until the fan outcry eventually reached their ears.

I don't know if I'll get the game or not, but if they add Squidward as a playable character then maybe I might buy it.
I hope you'll be patient then, it's rather unclear how the DLC structure will be for this at the moment.

I think it still isn't up for digital PlayStation preorders, for whatever reason...

I... just now got the pun behind all of the siblings superhero egos being card-based... because it is a full house... like the Loud House... ha. But, yes, it seems logical that any further siblings (or Clyde) would also have a move inspired by their superhero form.

Man, these puns are... very bad... A good kind of bad, but bad nonetheless.

They're both cereal mascots in particular, yeah. Not a bad duo to detail together if they end up doing it, though obviously it's not the best connection of all time.
I'd say that only two of them are purely jokes (especially Strong Suit), but the rest are all based on actual playing card terms, which is cheesy-cool.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I think it still isn't up for digital PlayStation preorders, for whatever reason...

I... just now got the pun behind all of the siblings superhero egos being card-based... because it is a full house... like the Loud House... ha. But, yes, it seems logical that any further siblings (or Clyde) would also have a move inspired by their superhero form.

Man, these puns are... very bad... A good kind of bad, but bad nonetheless.

They're both cereal mascots in particular, yeah. Not a bad duo to detail together if they end up doing it, though obviously it's not the best connection of all time.
What's Lincoln's card?

I'd say it's mostly the Nick side's fault. Those guys were clearly expecting yet another disposable crossover and were blissfully unaware of the untapped gold mine sitting under them until the fan outcry eventually reached their ears.

I hope you'll be patient then, it's rather unclear how the DLC structure will be for this at the moment.

I'd say that only two of them are purely jokes (especially Strong Suit), but the rest are all based on actual playing card terms, which is cheesy-cool.
Eh, now that they HAVE a chance to take advantage of it, there's no real reason not to in my point of view. They have shown to do 2 in 1 before, they need to reveal Avatar or they're just plain stupid imho.

amageish

Smash Master
What's Lincoln's card?
He is Ace Savvy and his sidekick is One-Eyed Jack!

So no showcase.....again
I was going to point out that there were no more privated videos in the playlist yesterday, but I kind of hoped that just meant it was being uploaded on someone else's channel like a lot of the media outlet collaboration ones are at first...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You guys do realize that the showcase could be closer to the 1:30-2:30 range right?

I'd say if we're at 5 or 6 PM and still nothing, then it'd be safe to say we're getting nothing.

Heck, the Leonardo showcase didn't happen until 5:10.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
You guys do realize that the showcase could be closer to the 1:30-2:30 range right?

I'd say if we're at 5 or 6 PM and still nothing, then it'd be safe to say we're getting nothing.

Heck, the Leonardo showcase didn't happen until 5:10.
True, they have been very consistent about the 10AM release lately, but it doesn't mean they can't break it... Maybe it's a sign of a bigger drop even, who knows!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
True, they have been very consistent about the 10AM release lately, but it doesn't mean they can't break it... Maybe it's a sign of a bigger drop even, who knows!
Or maybe the 10 AM releases were because the videos themselves were technically already uploaded (albeit privated), so it was just a matter of making them not private.

Edit: What did I tell you guys? :p

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

welp, seems GameMill goofed a bit, but Oblina! (should work, if not now then soon)
Very nice moveset! Good use of her unique body shape and form for a lot of interesting and bizarre attacks. Her neutral special also seems interesting and I like how close up to the camera her face got in her victory screen.

Or maybe the 10 AM releases were because the videos themselves were technically already uploaded (albeit privated), so it was just a matter of making them not private.
I mean, obviously that's why they were able to be so consistent, but I don't think it is inaccurate to say 10AM (PST) has been their general go-to time for announcements during this entire cycle, with the later ones just being... later.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright, we finally got one of the two surprise Darkhorse picks: my girl Oblina!

So based on what Rep was saying, she's essentially the closest thing this game has to a zoner, right? Either way, she looks like fun; I always enjoy the smaller faster characters, and I'm also liking the mechanics behind her Neutral Special. I also like that a lot of her attacks involve her beating people up with her literal guts; that's a cool way to incorporate that particular ability of her!

As for the stage, I think it looks pretty fun, and I'm digging the music again, particularly the segment at the beginning that sounds like...Hip-Hop? Rap? Something along those lines; it sounds cool is what I'm saying, and I also liked how it incorporated the scream featured at the end of the show's opening.

So yeah, time to add Oblina to that growing list of characters I'm really looking forward to playing as!

FreeFox

Smash Lord

welp, seems GameMill goofed a bit, but Oblina! (should work, if not now then soon)
Oblina as predicted is one of the fast characters in the game. Quite a good amount of range to her moves and the trash trap can lead to potentially good set ups. I wouldnt exactly call her a "zoner" as described though she reminds me a bit to Sonic´s hit and run style of gameplay. I enjoyed the strange music of this stage quite a bit. I dont know why. The stage itself is going to be fun if a little unpredictable.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oblina looks more fun than I expected.
The light attacks lack quite a bit of range (while the strong ones have quite a bit). But definitely up to trying her and seeing how she feels.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Finally, Oblina gets her turn.

Personally, I'm glad to see that her show's grossout aspects have been kept intact in her moveset, especially pulling out her own innards. The Dump is the loveliest stage we've had so far, the lighting really helps it.

Also, the song basically being a Howie scream mixtape is icing on the mud pie.

Oh, and she finally got her revenge on Patrick for using her as a punching dummy. It's not so fun now, is it!?:over9000:

Then we will have to wait until later.
the devs as the amount of unreleased content keeps piling up
Personally, I'd have posted this.

Last edited:
Oh great, another singular showcase. Glad that they put Oblina in action at least.

But... They REALLY need to post on the weekend if they want to cover the roster before launch, as they should.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I figure they'll have the Avatar trailers and showcases all at once if not very close, like they did with Ren and Stimpy.
I mean at this point, outside of revealing the Avatar characters before the game launches and then putting up their showcases either the day of launch or just after, what choice do they have?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I mean at this point, outside of revealing the Avatar characters before the game launches and then putting up their showcases either the day of launch or just after, what choice do they have?
I still say its gotta be this week. Either tomorrow or Friday so people have the weekend to talk about them.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
So Oblina actually looks kinda awesome?? She definitely wasn't on my radar before, but now I'll definitely have to give her a spin once the game is out. I didn't expect her to be so fast, and that sludge pile move looks like it'll be REALLY fun. Catch me busting out some Orcane-level setups with this character; my Oblina is gonna be FEARED. Unfortunately, her Down Special looks to be this game's Egg Roll, but hey, can't have everything, right?
(Also, I love how much the Howie Scream is sampled in her stage track. Absolute masterpiece right there.)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh great, another singular showcase. Glad that they put Oblina in action at least.

But... They REALLY need to post on the weekend if they want to cover the roster before launch, as they should.
Thursday - PTM and Reptar
Friday - Zim
Monday - Avatar reps

There.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
By the way, I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but they've more or less stopped posting the Twitter movesets and are pretty much just doing the video showcases now. Time crunch to the max.
I imagine Game Mill is working hard on pumping content out and coordinating with various media outlets for exclusives, yes. It sounds like Ludosity/Fair-Play are actually in the eye of the storm right now, after having completed the game's release form and Day One patch and before having to heed bug reports next week.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The way I see it right now, the worst-case scenario would be that tomorrow, Friday, and Monday are the showcases for Powdered Toast Man, Zim, and Reptar (in whatever order they decide), and the day of launch will see the reveal of the Avatar characters, and then the day after would be their showcases.

In other subjects, how long are people's respective "Potential Main" lists? Because as of now, just looking at the characters that have been showcased, I've got seven:

SpongeBob
Lincoln
April
CatDog
Helga
Danny
Oblina

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The way I see it right now, the worst-case scenario would be that tomorrow, Friday, and Monday are the showcases for Powdered Toast Man, Zim, and Reptar (in whatever order they decide), and the day of launch will see the reveal of the Avatar characters, and then the day after would be their showcases.

In other subjects, how long are people's respective "Potential Main" lists? Because as of now, just looking at the characters that have been showcased, I've got seven:

SpongeBob
Lincoln
April
CatDog
Helga
Danny
Oblina
The four characters I'm most interested in trying are, in descending order of interest, SpongeBob=Nigel>Helga>CatDog.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

SpongeBob
Lincoln
April
CatDog
Helga
Danny
Oblina
On my end, I currently have Leonardo, Michelangelo, April, Ren & Stimpy. Still waiting for PTM...

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice

SpongeBob
Lincoln
April
CatDog
Helga
Danny
Oblina
Patrick,Nigel,Danny,Zim(i know no gameplay, but I really want to main him for personal preference) and Reptar(maybe)

Top Bottom