• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
So in a 4Chan thread, someone claimed that they had a copy early and that there was a bunch of files of the announcer listing characters. They provided two of the supposed characters audio files and name dropped a third one (while also denying that a fourth is in the files in the same breath)

The first character is Footclan: https://vocaroo.com/1dGb3xjWYzSv
The second character is Mr. Krabs: https://vocaroo.com/1cdgNmmIsgIG
The third character implied to have a voice clip like this is Skulker from Danny Phantom
And the fourth character that was denied to have a voice clip in the files was Ember from Danny Phantom

This feels more like an "announcer has to list off a bunch of different characters so that they don't know the roster" type deal to me, something similar to what Xander Mobus has had to do for Smash, but Footclan is distinct enough (and we already know there's a model in game for them) that maybe it's a variation of Multi-Man mode or something?

This is of course assuming the voice clips and these claims are legitimate. Doing comparisons to voice clips we've heard so far it sounds like the same person but the echo effect makes it hard to tell

Anyways, thoughts? Perhaps there's non versus and Slap Ball content to look forward to after all?

Edit:

Here's the 4Chan thread in question (Warning: Some rather toxic/NSFW messages and images throughout the thread: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/572962606#p573025429

Edit 2: I get the feeling I'm gonna be making a few of these

They also shared an Aang audio file: https://voca.ro/1iiHOI4JhdWV

View attachment 332593
Seems one of the planned for launch characters is still in the files. Can't say I'm surprised

And the last thing I could make out is that Dark Danny, like Skulker, was also name dropped
Well, those certainly sound legit, though I won't act like it's impossible to fake this sort of thing. Even if it is real, they could be for scrapped concepts or modes or something like that. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the day 1 dataminers have to say about it.
(Although I will say, if this leak is in any way legit, I am going to be a VERY happy camper.)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, those certainly sound legit, though I won't act like it's impossible to fake this sort of thing. Even if it is real, they could be for scrapped concepts or modes or something like that. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the day 1 dataminers have to say about it.
(Although I will say, if this leak is in any way legit, I am going to be a VERY happy camper.)
Considering that it implies that the two free DLC characters are
Mr. Krabs and Skulker

Faso115

Smash Lord
It seems like Vlad, Skulker and Dark Danny are strong possibilities. Where was the other scribbled out character placed next to? Cause it could be one of those.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Considering that it implies that the two free DLC characters are
Mr. Krabs and Skulker
not at all, it implies there's voice clips in the files for those characters. They could be for anything. The most interesting thing about this leak to me would probably be the implication that one of the soon to be added characters is in the gamefiles. I already suspected they'd be datamined, but I wouldn't have guessed it'd be this early

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It seems like Vlad, Skulker and Dark Danny are strong possibilities. Where was the other scribbled out character placed next to? Cause it could be one of those.
One of them was placed between April and Reptar and the other is at the end, after Helga. In terms of represented franchises they can only be from TMNT, Rugrats, or Hey Arnold.

amageish

Smash Master
not at all, it implies there's voice clips in the files for those characters. They could be for anything. The most interesting thing about this leak to me would probably be the implication that one of the soon to be added characters is in the gamefiles. I already suspected they'd be datamined, but I wouldn't have guessed it'd be this early
Very good qualification, yeah. It's kind of hard to gather the meaning of voice clips without the context of, you know, any of the single-player content, beyond the knowledge of the achievement list...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really doubt they'd pick a footclan instead of shredder.
Well, at this point I'm not as invested in the newer characters yet, would rather just get my hands on the game and play the ones we have :D

The more I watch Toph, the more I think she could be a fun pocket.
I just don't know how I'll feel about the characters I'll use, just that Korra wil be my main and then I'll see.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I'm going to have to watch the Toph video later because my phone just decided that it's not going to play anything above 240p and even then it still needs to buffer.
I think it's for sport personally - I've always disliked when crossover fighting games (at least of non-fighting characters) try to give explanations beyond "it's for sport"
It's not going to happen in a game of this budget, but I think it'd be cool if it got arcade mode endings where the winner is granted one wish.
It could lead to some funny stuff like Reptar reviving his franchise or Ren and Stimpy having to share a wish and fighting over it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Unless the "Foot clan" sound was for the entire clan in one character, I think this leak is fake because Foot Clan soldiers are named Footbots and it seems unlikely that they would just not give them the right name.

As previously mentioned there is also a chance for Singleplayer content.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
View attachment 332595

Anyone able to make out what the little icons are beneath Lucy here?
Is there anything new in it?

I know that several players got a version of the game for the upcoming tourney so at this point anything about the game could leak. I dont think it matters too much now tho, with everything we know.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
View attachment 332595

Anyone able to make out what the little icons are beneath Lucy here?
Why does every leak picture look like it was taken from a moving vehicle on a phone from 2011?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Team Fake Vs. Team Real, again
I'm glad that this is going to end in two days...

If this leak is legit, I think it may just been a bunch of pitched ideas, scrapped characters, in jokes, or, specifically in the Footclan case, new modes akin to maybe this:View attachment 332594
I legit want this, honestly. Would feel weird not to have the Turtles beat up the Foot with a 3D model that's fairly simple to replicate.

lol imagine if Footclan is just an amalgamation of the entire organization with Shredder as the point character and summoning his minions to aid him.
This is even better! I'd get to have my cake and eat it too.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
my-image(10).png

This is my updated list. Honestly, I could probably stick Powdered Toast Man in the "For fun probably" tier, because even though we haven't seen his moveset, I doubt it'll be anything that convinces me to put him any higher.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 332612

Okay, here's my new tier list then... I am aware having three mains is maybe too many, but eh. We'll see how I feel when playing them myself.
...Okay, how do you complete making the tier list? Because I've been trying to save and download mine in order to post, but despite putting in the title and description, it keeps telling me to finish the list first.

Edit: Okay, I think I figured it out:

1633216505128.png

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Something to consider about the new leak that I completely forgot about is that Rep said that each of the game's legal stages, including the Pokemon Stadium clone that's presumably coming with one of the FreeLC characters, are from different series. SpongeBob and TMNT already have a legal stage in the base game, meaning that unless something's changed, Mr. Krabs and Foot Clan can't be the two FreeLC characters. I still think the clips are [probably] legit, but now I really think one or both of them is from a scrapped mode or character concept or something and won't be indicative of an actual character we see in the game. 🤔

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's mine now. I don't know 'exactly' if I'll see the secondaries/pockets like that, but it feels good for now.
And maybe finally I'll have '1' main :p

View attachment 332612

Okay, here's my new tier list then... I am aware having three mains is maybe too many, but eh. We'll see how I feel when playing them myself.
Nice the avatar characters are pretty high up for you too.

...Okay, how do you complete making the tier list? Because I've been trying to save and download mine in order to post, but despite putting in the title and description, it keeps telling me to finish the list first.

Edit: Okay, I think I figured it out:

View attachment 332617
Lol as I pressed quote it got your edit in. Glad it worked out.
Lots of potentials for mains!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Lol as I pressed quote it got your edit in. Glad it worked out.
Lots of potentials for mains!
Yeah, there are quite a bit of characters I feel/want to have potential to be mains!

Although, I do kind of wish the Tiermaker logo wasn't blocking a good chunk of the image.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Something to consider about the new leak that I completely forgot about is that Rep said that each of the game's legal stages, including the Pokemon Stadium clone that's presumably coming with one of the FreeLC characters, are from different series. SpongeBob and TMNT already have a legal stage in the base game, meaning that unless something's changed, Mr. Krabs and Foot Clan can't be the two FreeLC characters. I still think the clips are [probably] legit, but now I really think one or both of them is from a scrapped mode or character concept or something and won't be indicative of an actual character we see in the game. 🤔
It's probably Mr. Krabs and a character from an unrepresented series.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Honestly, I wasn't super blown away by her strong attacks, considering I'm coming from a game where one of the characters has strong attacks that look like this:

For all of you who are raving about how this game finally made a good heavyweight in a platform fighter, Rivals has been doing that for years by making them even more busted than Reptar is.
I need to try that one one day.

Also, good news. I got a new friend to buy the game.

The bad news is that they also called dibs on Toph.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A character existing in the files doesn't inherently mean they're in, even for a game with post-launch support. Still don't believe this is real, but if it somehow is it's still possible it's a buncha nothing.
It feels like this case is different, since there's barely too much names uncovered so far (especially since there initially weren't any plans prior to Nick changing their tune). Although it is possible that Skulker could be left out if Ludosity considered some other series instead (pretty likely if this runs for several seasons).

Granted, fan demand could still influence some things, like for the game you referenced, but still.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I need to try that one one day.

Also, good news. I got a new friend to buy the game.

The bad news is that they also called dibs on Toph.
Personally I think everyone should main who they like most and it doesn't matter if a friend mains them too. Dittos can be interesting too.
Or is there a reason your group doesn't want to have same mains?

So in a 4Chan thread, someone claimed that they had a copy early and that there was a bunch of files of the announcer listing characters. They provided two of the supposed characters audio files and name dropped a third one (while also denying that a fourth is in the files in the same breath)

The third character implied to have a voice clip like this is Skulker from Danny Phantom
And the fourth character that was denied to have a voice clip in the files was Ember from Danny Phantom

This feels more like an "announcer has to list off a bunch of different characters so that they don't know the roster" type deal to me, something similar to what Xander Mobus has had to do for Smash, but Footclan is distinct enough (and we already know there's a model in game for them) that maybe it's a variation of Multi-Man mode or something?

This is of course assuming the voice clips and these claims are legitimate. Doing comparisons to voice clips we've heard so far it sounds like the same person but the echo effect makes it hard to tell

Anyways, thoughts? Perhaps there's non versus and Slap Ball content to look forward to after all?

Edit:

Here's the 4Chan thread in question (Warning: Some rather toxic/NSFW messages and images throughout the thread: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/572962606#p573025429

View attachment 332593
Seems one of the planned for launch characters is still in the files. Can't say I'm surprised

And the last thing I could make out is that Dark Danny, like Skulker, was also name dropped
OH MY GOD

THIS GAME LITERALLY CANNOT STOP BEING LEAKED WTF

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Edit:

View attachment 332593

"Can you stop being leaked... FOR FIVE MINUTES!?"

Top Bottom