• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
DLC characters Pass no.1 SPOILER (Might be Fake, but it can Be Real by accident)

• Jimmy Neutron (Stage: Jimmys House)
  • Jenny Wakeman (Stage: Her Lab)
  • Timmy Turner (Stage: Fairly Oddparents Stage)
  • Miko Kubota (Stage: Arcade)
  • Shredder (Stage: Shredder's Hideout)
  • Squidward (Stage: Krusty Krab)
I think that this is fake, due to the complete lack of surprise picks and the fact that they don't even tell you what Timmy's home stage is.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
DLC characters Pass no.1 SPOILER (Might be Fake, but it can Be Real by accident)

• Jimmy Neutron (Stage: Jimmys House)
  • Jenny Wakeman (Stage: Her Lab)
  • Timmy Turner (Stage: Fairly Oddparents Stage)
  • Miko Kubota (Stage: Arcade)
  • Shredder (Stage: Shredder's Hideout)
  • Squidward (Stage: Krusty Krab)
Source?

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I really like Danny's moveset but there are only 2 nitpicks I'd make. The Fenton Thermos is treated as a regular attack that pushes characters away. I personally would've given it the ability to draw players in like Helga's slingshot or be his grabbing animation. Also it kind of bugs me that the Ghostly Wail doesn't really have a sound when used. I'm not one of the people who's bothered by the lack of voice acting but I think at least some roar sound effect with an echo could've worked
Yeah there has to be some stock ghost noises or something they could get and modify into a decent Ghostly Wail, if they can't just use the shows sound.

I also personally found Danny's taunt sound pretty annoying. It doesn't sound like something you would hear in Danny Phantom at all. And I can see it being spammed obnoxiously.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Umm, The stages might have Codenames, so the Arcade is codename of Miko's Stage.
What does that have to do with anything? She's still from a show that got preemptively hit by the Not-As-Popular-As-Spongebob curse that Nick inflicts on shows that are, well...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Those stages have Codenames.
Learn how to read VG codenames. Remember Datamines of Smash, they had Codenames and those stages also have codenames.
Codenames are meant to hide info, NASB already does this as the website shows that they use codenames for the characters, so the list you posted, which named everything else mind you, wouldn't only have 1 name be a codename and keep it solely for a stage. Also, I doubt we'll learn of a season pass before the 2 unknown postlaunch characters

Codenames are meant to hide info, NASB already does this as the website shows that they use codenames for the characters, so the list you posted, which named everything else mind you, wouldn't only have 1 name be a codename and keep it solely for a stage. Also, I doubt we'll learn of a season pass before the 2 unknown postlaunch characters
Yeah sure. They weren't any codenames, they're just things that came into my mind.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Learn how to read VG codenames. Remember Datamines of Smash, they had Codenames and those stages also have codenames.
The actual game staff said they haven't even decided any of the DLC yet and we're supposed to believe six characters got leaked? Yeah right lmao.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Stop spreading horse**** with no source. All leaks from this game have been proven and demonstrable because it's a game with a small team so it's easy to tell what is real and what isn't.

Stop spreading horse**** with no source. All leaks from this game have been proven and demonstrable because it's a game with a small team so it's easy to tell what is real and what isn't.
I told you that might be Fake! It was fake whole time.
Flyboy, no offense, but Its not horse-stuff, just tell everyone that they need to forget about my Leak, it was DLC speculation whole time. It was for Joke Purpose.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
It is for Ludosity. Nick All Star Brawl is doing its own thing and is the first one primarily on consoles (and a platform fighter). Villains are not a necessity, more franchises and character diversity is superior for now.
Okay fine just stop watching me with these red eyes im creeped out!
Also I didn't get to address this earlier, but why are we specifically replacing the female characters to "make room" for villains? As if female characters constitute a special category with a specific quota, comparable to the "villains" category, and they're taking up each other's slots? I feel like Toph, April, Sandy, Helga, Oblina, Korra, and even Lucy are in the game because they're Nick icons, not because they're female characters filling a quota. I mean they're definitely not minor characters, Oblina and Korra are protagonists of their own shows, and there are other female Nick protagonists who didn't even get into the game, like Jenny, Ginger, and Eliza. Or well-known side characters like Sam and Gaz. I also don't feel like they directly "compete" with the villains, because many of the iconic Nick villains I can think of are female characters, like Vicky, Angelica (if she counts), Azula, Kuvira, Tak, etc.

I'm sure there will be villains in the DLC or the sequel (which is practically assured considering how much more money this will make than what was "expected"), but there shouldn't be inter-roster competition for slots where the male heroes are assured to get in and everyone else has to fight for scraps. That's why I actually kind of like that Helga got in over Arnold etc, it keeps things varied and fresh.
They just happen to be female i guess i shouldve included Powederd toast too wait a moment let me fix this!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Real talk though, if DLC will supposedly just focus on big-name series, there aren't that many left without going into the Nick Jr. route. Only way to go is down.

I told you that might be Fake! It was fake whole time.
Flyboy, no offense, but Its not horse-stuff, just tell everyone that they need to forget about my Leak, it was DLC speculation whole time. It was for Joke Purpose.
Next time you do that, please use smilies so that people can tell. :troll::dazwa::yeahboi::4pacman:

Otherwise, it's just wasting time and getting our hopes up for nothing. Didn't Ultimate's history of fake text leaks teach anyone not to pull this?

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
Do u guys think there will be a presentation today? I'm aware there wasn't one last wekkend,but they still have two videos that are unlisted. So I think them being on today and sunday makes sense. Also another point is if they only do weekdays they can't cover all the characters in time.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Do u guys think there will be a presentation today. I'm aware there wasn't one last wekkend,but they still have two videos that are unlisted. So I think them being on today and sunday makes sense. Also another point is if they only do weekdays they can't cover all the characters in time.
I think it's possible but since this is GameMill I'm still not getting my hopes up

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Do u guys think there will be a presentation today? I'm aware there wasn't one last wekkend,but they still have two videos that are unlisted. So I think them being on today and sunday makes sense. Also another point is if they only do weekdays they can't cover all the characters in time.
I honestly have no clue. We'll see this afternoon, I guess.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Why did we spend a whole page discussing a leak without a source?

Anywho, one thing I saw tossed around is how the playlist had four videos going into Thursday. We could potentially get weekend videos. If we do, that would mean hitting every character by launch day. Guess we will find out today.

Yeah there has to be some stock ghost noises or something they could get and modify into a decent Ghostly Wail, if they can't just use the shows sound.

I also personally found Danny's taunt sound pretty annoying. It doesn't sound like something you would hear in Danny Phantom at all. And I can see it being spammed obnoxiously.
I'm sorry, what? Danny Phantom was filled to the brim with corny sound effects, it's absolutely something I could hear in the show.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So fun fact: in the Discord server for the game, after the initial reaction died down and people realized it wasn't that big a deal, there have been several users coming in to talk about how the Smash reveal and the game launching are the same day and conspiring if it was on purpose and if they should delay and such

Thing is the 4 that have cropped up so far have less than 50 messages in the entire server and 3 of them joined the server the day of the direct or more recently than that

Just figured that was worth sharing for those that think there's a bunch of NickBrawl fans getting tilted over this when it seems more like stirring than anything

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So fun fact: in the Discord server for the game, after the initial reaction died down and people realized it wasn't that big a deal, there have been several users coming in to talk about how the Smash reveal and the game launching are the same day and conspiring if it was on purpose and if they should delay and such

Thing is the 4 that have cropped up so far have less than 50 messages in the entire server and 3 of them joined the server the day of the direct or more recently than that

Just figured that was worth sharing for those that think there's a bunch of NickBrawl fans getting tilted over this when it seems more like stirring than anything
I mean, when Rep himself said he didn't like the whole Smash Killer comment to begin with, it sounds obvious

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can already feel like this weekend will be yet another slog. Best to pray that they actually bothered to have two showcases drop on Monday.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until the last minute (AKA release day) to post the trailers and showcases for the benders.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Yeah, aside from the good point that Opossum brought up, that supposed "leak" seemed off to me because 1. Jenny's stage was referred to as "Her Lab" when it's not her lab; it's her mom Nora's lab, and 2. (and more egregiously), Timmy's stage was just listed as "Fairly Oddparents Stage"; yeah, that sounds like whoever came up with this couldn't think of a stage for the show, so they just put that and hoped nobody would notice. So yeah, that leak definitely looks fake.

In other news (or a lack of news), still no showcase today yet; if we don't get one by 5 or 6 tonight, I'd say it's likely that we aren't getting anything this weekend, which says one of two things:

1. Next week is going to be featuring at least 2 showcases for most of the days (which may be likely because if there isn't any updates this weekend, then there's no chance of them getting every character a showcase before the game launches, even if you wanna be generous and say that they'd release a showcase or two on the day the game launches),

or

2. They're going to be releasing showcases even after the game's out, which seems a bit weird to me honestly; by that point, people will be playing the game themselves and discovering how the characters work on their own.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...Yeah, aside from the good point that Opossum brought up, that supposed "leak" seemed off to me because 1. Jenny's stage was referred to as "Her Lab" when it's not her lab; it's her mom Nora's lab, and 2. (and more egregiously), Timmy's stage was just listed as "Fairly Oddparents Stage"; yeah, that sounds like whoever came up with this couldn't think of a stage for the show, so they just put that and hoped nobody would notice. So yeah, that leak definitely looks fake.

In other news (or a lack of news), still no showcase today yet; if we don't get one by 5 or 6 tonight, I'd say it's likely that we aren't getting anything this weekend, which says one of two things:

1. Next week is going to be featuring at least 2 showcases for most of the days (which may be likely because if there isn't any updates this weekend, then there's no chance of them getting every character a showcase before the game launches, even if you wanna be generous and say that they'd release a showcase or two on the day the game launches),

or

2. They're going to be releasing showcases even after the game's out, which seems a bit weird to me honestly; by that point, people will be playing the game themselves and discovering how the characters work on their own.
Not that weird, considering that Nick goofed off until they noticed that people actually wanted this game, and now the devs are scrambling to get as much advertising done as humanly possible, really fast.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

I think a lot of the people complaining are children, honestly... I've seen a surprising amount of people on the NASB subreddit who want and expect the Final Smash character to be a non-video-game character and are pre-emptively expressing disappointment at the concept of it being a game character...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know what the dumbest part is?
We already have not-Nickelodeon in the cast. :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:

It's almost the equivalent of burger eaters hating pizza just because it exists, when both are valid as edible foods, even if they clearly aren't the same thing.

But seriously though, I think we should just ignore those thoughtless comments and get back to posting release leadup advertisement procrastination memes.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
While waiting, I though about bringing up how nicely done the stages for this game are. So, far, the stage hazards of most stages dont seem as obnoxious as things like the yellow devil. Not every hazard seems to be an obnoxious damaging ball of death (all the damaging ones so far dont seem to kill you easily). Most of the stages seem easy to transverse except maybe traffic jam, glove world and space madness. But I will admit I like the detail of "riding" for the roller coaster in Glove World.

There are many new interesting lay outs in this game that I would love to see in competitive like the Phantom Zone and Catdog´s home. The sewers mechanic is quite nice and I dont think it would divert much for a competitive stage. I wonder if the mechanics of the game will change what kind of stages are considered viable since camping seems to be way less viable of a strategy with grabs and smash attacks being options in countering them. Anyway, I really think that they have done a great job creating a good variety of stages with various mechanics and lay outs for both lovers and haters of hazards.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I personally think the competitive scene for this game owes it to themselves to, once they get their hands on it, really reevaluate what constitutes stage legality for this game. With the new mechanics there could be plenty of ways to circumvent the usual Smash issues to allow for more picks based on this game rather than the familiarity of Smash.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
We should also consider the devs, as we saw from prior screenshots from their discord, that they have 'legal stages', stages they considered to be the 'competitive' stages. We'll have to see what that list constitutes before we use too much brainpower on a game yet to be released, trying to decide 'legality' from brief glimpses of the stages from these reveals.

They've said themselves the game is designed to be competitive. Surely the stages they have in mind for 'legal stages' would be chosen and designed accordingly.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We should also consider the devs, as we saw from prior screenshots from their discord, that they have 'legal stages', stages they considered to be the 'competitive' stages. We'll have to see what that list constitutes before we use too much brainpower on a game yet to be released, trying to decide 'legality' from brief glimpses of the stages from these reveals.

They've said themselves the game is designed to be competitive. Surely the stages they have in mind for 'legal stages' would be chosen and designed accordingly.
What they mean is that several stages have their layouts taken from stages considered competitively legal in various Smash games. Two stages are based on Smashville, one with a moving platform and one with a static platform, for example.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Would throwing foes into the bottom of the stage be a problem on Technodrome? Also the TMNT sewers have to be a counterpick IMO.
I doubt it. Wouldn't that just be the same as stage spiking people in Smash? Unless there's something I'm missing about Technodrome.
I'm expecting that the game will have relatively few legal stages, given how many factors can screw over a stage's competitive viability in a platform fighter - damage hazards are the obvious, but there's also stuff like too large or small blastzones, general stage size, bad platform movement/placement, walls and ceilings, walkoffs, etc. Some of these things might not sound too bad from a spectator's point of view, but once you actually have to play a match on them, the problems become VERY apparent to the point that it's not worth entertaining objectively bad competitive stages just for the sake of variety.

Last edited:
Top Bottom