• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
It's not ridiculous at all. NASB never marketed itself to have a major theme involving antagonists. Plenty of installments, first or no, don't focus on villains. We do not need villains, not in Nick's first game. It should prioritize getting a wide range of characters and it succeeded in doing that.
I mean it is not the first nick toon brawl! Not even the first one with a focus on Nostalgia! Or in 3d!

I mean it is not the first nick toon brawl! Not even the first one with a focus on Nostalgia! Or in 3d!
It is for Ludosity. Nick All Star Brawl is doing its own thing and is the first one primarily on consoles (and a platform fighter). Villains are not a necessity, more franchises and character diversity is superior for now.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Danny Phantom Showcase baby!
I ike most of what I saw. He seems fast and with some good combo options. I am not perfectly convinced on some of his strong attacks (some look questionable) but the specials look cool. The taunt´s noise is absolutely awful though. I really hope they change it.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Alright, ghost boy time. Danny looks to be kind of like this game's version of Mewtwo, only faster, more aggressive, and all-around less terrible. So that means I'm probably gonna play as him. Danny's projectile looks like a strong contender for best in the game from what we've seen; it's quick and spammable, it has combo potential, and I believe it has the longest range of any projectile we've seen as well. At that point, the piercing property is just gravy. I also love how the Box Ghost, of all people, shows up in the background of his stage.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
FINALLY! My boy Danny has his showcase!

And he looks pretty fun as well! I can definitely see what Rep was talking about when he mentioned that Danny was one of two characters who would be "psuedo-floaty" (if that makes sense), and it's cool (pun not intended) to finally see some of his moves in action! Although, it does strike me as a little weird that there's no freeze effect for his ice attacks, but hey, that's a nitpick. I also like how when he's standing still, he's just floating there; it looks cool!

The Ghost Zone looks like a decent stage (I imagine there'd be quite a bit of chaos with those two floating chunks of building), and like with Traffic Jam, I'm digging the music!

I guess the only other slight criticisms are that with the taunt, I don't mind the animation itself (it fits with his character), but that honking sound doesn't feel right, and with the victory animation, that face he makes at the end looks a bit...off to me.

But all-in-all, Danny looks like fun and I'm definitely excited to try out my favorite Nicktoon hero!

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Danny definitely looks pretty interesting. Some of his moves have absolutely no range and then some of them just have some super weird looking hitboxes/properties lol. Not sure how practical his down special will be but I appreciate the reference.

I'm hoping we can get a showcase for Reptar soon, he's one of the characters I'm the most excited to use.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Danny plays really cool! Some attacks are very unique. Looks fun.

Not sure how i feel about the down air strong going all the way down off stage tho xD

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I've effortlessly gotten my other gamer workmate interested in the game. I just needed to mention the main bullet points, and the idea of getting DLC appealed greatly.

Also, yeah, just noticed that Danny got a showcase. Since there are other videos in Mill's queue, I don't know if we'll get any others later today.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Plankton ball
Say what you will about deconfirmations, but at least they don't usually involve someone being used as a projectile. That's downright savage.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, the two things that stood out to me here were:

1. The confirmation that there will be an Arcade Mode, which is kind neat I guess. Hopefully there'll be a bit of an incentive in-game to play through it with all the characters.

2. Considering two of the achievements involving fighting at least one Level 9 opponent, that sounds like the CPU Difficulty system will be similar to (if not outright the same as) Smash's system, with levels ranging from 1 to 9.

3. On that note, holy crap, one of those achievements involves fighting two Lvl 9 opponents by yourself in a team battle; even with my best fighters in Smash, I can barely handle one!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, ghost boy time. Danny looks to be kind of like this game's version of Mewtwo, only faster, more aggressive, and all-around less terrible. So that means I'm probably gonna play as him. I also love how the Box Ghost, of all people, shows up in the background of his stage.
Some folks spotted BG earlier in initial trailers, although it was hard to notice quickly.

The lack of freezing properties for his ice attack disappoints me, but other than that, Danny's looking decent enough.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Lord
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Oh god those really are Mewtwo moves.

That taunt sound is rather...cheesy though, and I hope a voice acting update gets rid of it.
I mean Danny Phantom used silly sound effects all the time so at least they're being accurate to the source material:

amageish

Smash Master
I like Danny's moveset! I'm kind of surprised his up-special is a teleport and not a flying thing though; I guess the reveal trailer showed even less of his moves then we had thought haha...

Also, that's another privated video made public! I wouldn't get hyped or anything, but I think we could maaaaaaybe be seeing videos on the weekend if they have fully automated them...

Yep.
  • Boxart shadows
  • Cover art with Toph
  • Roster with Toph
  • Stages with new ones like Teeter Totter
That's all, I think?
Technically we have had info leaked from various storefronts too, with some listing Avatar as a franchise with playable characters and others listing the number of stages/fighters.

So yeah. Take a shot every time Avatar content leaks for NASB!

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I feel like Danny's stage would have benefited the most from incorporating the theme from the actual show as part of the music. It's so iconic that I would have appreciated it, maybe in the next game we can have stuff like that. Also, he seems to suffer more than usual from both the switch to 3D and the lack of voice acting, because it's kind of difficult to translate the "feel" of Danny Phantom (the character and the show) without the neo-Hartman style of everything and Danny's impetuous teen voice lol. Maybe this is just because I've watched a LOT of Danny Phantom, but yeah. I may feel the same way about Zim now that I think about it.

I do really like his moves though. They even incorporated the Ghostly Wail. And those strong up and down airs are the first time we've seen strong airs that would have probably been specials had they been in Smash, very unique.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I like Danny's moveset! I'm kind of surprised his up-special is a teleport and not a flying thing though; I guess the reveal trailer showed even less of his moves then we had thought haha...

Also, that's another privated video made public! I wouldn't get hyped or anything, but I think we could maaaaaaybe be seeing videos on the weekend if they have fully automated them...
Okay, so assuming that they continue the formula they got going now, they may ignore the weekends and clean up the rest of the initial roster. They only have six days to do all of that overall, and have no less than 10 showcases to present.

Ooh boy, you better be right about this. :pcfire:

Last edited:
Some folks spotted BG earlier in initial trailers, although it was hard to notice quickly.

The lack of freezing properties for his ice attack disappoints me, but other than that, Danny's looking decent enough.
Putting freezing properties on his basic attacks would suck, especially with how spammable and quick they are with little cooldown. Unless you mean just special affects like briefly turning the opponent blue rather than red but actually freezing the opponent would be awful and a pain to balance.

That's a surefire way to have numerous infinites and quickly get people sick of playing the game. Especially with how many people that want to main Danny.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Putting freezing properties on his basic attacks would suck, especially with how spammable and quick they are with little cooldown. Unless you mean just special affects like briefly turning the opponent blue rather than red but actually freezing the opponent would be awful and a pain to balance.
Sure, but since the game doesn't have much budget anyway, I'm just saying that I didn't think an ice attack would be used here.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
On top of it being weird that they're still privated (and would remain like that until Monday), but, well, if they intend to have showcases for all 20 characters before the game launches, then they're kind gonna need to step on the gas a tad, because with Danny's showcase today, they're only at the halfway mark; there's still ten more to go.

So while I'm not really expecting anything tomorrow or Sunday, at this point, they might not have a choice.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On top of it being weird that they're still privated (and would remain like that until Monday), but, well, if they intend to have showcases for all 20 characters before the game launches, then they're kind gonna need to step on the gas a tad, because with Danny's showcase today, they're only at the halfway mark; there's still ten more to go.

So while I'm not really expecting anything tomorrow or Sunday, at this point, they might not have a choice.
Yeah, let's hope they actually got something else later on for today. The most they'll do on weekends is launching/promoting pre-orders for specific versions.

Are the people on Discord letting them know of this?

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, so assuming that they continue the formula they got going now, they may ignore the weekends and clean up the rest of the initial roster. They only have six days to do all of that overall, and have no less than 10 showcases to present.

Ooh boy, you better be right about this. :pcfire:
Yeah, uh, otherwise I guess they could do a day where they do all the Avatar showcases together? And maybe bundle Lincoln and Lucy on another day? Idk...

Fingers crossed!

1632509487342.png

Also, this wasn't Danny obviously, but apparently there is an upcoming showcase rep is especially excited for!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, uh, otherwise I guess they could do a day where they do all the Avatar showcases together? And maybe bundle Lincoln and Lucy on another day? Idk...
That's what I was thinking, yeah. No other solution than that, even if it's not elegant.

Oh, and maybe pair two random characters together, we need to check our math. 📝

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Smash Ultimate is already the best selling fighting game of all time. They literally don't need to sabotage another game, much less one they have to print cartridges for.

It's a coincidence. 100%. Not to mention the presentation is coming out on the 6th in Japan, and somehow I doubt this game is going to make any waves with their main demographic.
There's also the fact that Japan doesn't really give a **** about Nickelodeon and most of their shows not named Spongebob or to a lesser extent, the TMNT.

I don't even think Sakurai knows about most of these cartoons, and he is in the know about most western gaming properites if his famitsu columns are to be believed.

amageish

Smash Master
1632510075051.png

In an amusing coincidence, SpongeBob is one of the characters Sakurai has mentioned when discussing the absurd stuff people ask him for on Twitter...

But, yeah, no chance that Nintendo cares about it on a corporate level.

Also, harzard toggle is deconfirmed. I kind of figured that was the case given how there are two Smashville-esque stages based on it with/without hazards, but nice to have it deconfirmed I guess.

1632510223338.png

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 331470

Also, this wasn't Danny obviously, but apparently there is an upcoming showcase rep is especially excited for!
...Oh man, Rep's already my favorite of the two narrators, and if it's one HE'S excited for, then I'm looking forward to it as well!

...Oh my god, what if it's Powdered Toast Man's showcase?

Can you imagine the fun/ham from Rep narrating Powdered Toast Man's showcase?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's also the fact that Japan doesn't really give a **** about Nickelodeon and most of their shows not named Spongebob or to a lesser extent, the TMNT.
They also have a Teenage Robot fandom over there. Still, even if Jenny were to be DLC, that still wouldn't mean Smash would be killed over there.

Top Bottom