• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...Okay, if he had said "Later today" that would've been understandable, but just "later" could mean anything.

At minimum, it could mean we'll be getting Leo's showcase tomorrow.
At any rate, we'll have to keep a close eye on Game Mill's Twitter, just in case they announce the showcase for tomorrow in a few hours (if there is one, since promotion is in a constant flux right now).

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Oh, wow! So we DID get Leo's showcase today! I'm certainly not complaining about two showcases in one day!

As for Leo himself, he actually looks like a pretty fun aggressive rushdown fighter, which along with April's Glass Cannon playstyle seems like something that's right up my alley! Also, I think it's interesting that his Down Special is kind of a reverse-version of Sheik's Down Special.

The stage itself is another alright one, and seems like another one to add to the "Character Testing" list, which now includes:

Jellyfish Fields
Rooftop Rumble
Sewer Showdown
Harmonic Convergence

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Leonardo Moveset

and showcase!
Okay, so "later" was literal in this case, so forget everything I just said, this is awesome!

Now that all the current TMNT characters are covered, I guess they'll finally get around to the rest of the non-Avatar base roster.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
I tried asking about if it was like Marth's Smash Ultimate tipper but he wasn't sure it seems

Also Fields - Ultimate's Great Fields - Ultimate's Great he did clarify that adding sword-esque sounds to Leo's attacks is something that will be in the Day 1 Patch
Thank god that they're improving the awful sound design, it was my biggest issue. Even more than the VAs.

amageish

Smash Master
I tried asking about if it was like Marth's Smash Ultimate tipper but he wasn't sure it seems

Also Fields - Ultimate's Great Fields - Ultimate's Great he did clarify that adding sword-esque sounds to Leo's attacks is something that will be in the Day 1 Patch
Interesting that he has a tipper at all... and, yeah, that is a SFX thing that needs to be patched soon, but it's hard to be sooner then the day one patch haha.

Do we know if people are getting review codes for this? It sounds like there will be a lot of stuff changing in the short-term post-launch period...

Has Mikey got a video showcase yet?
Weirdly, there is still another video uploaded in the NASB playlist on Game Mill's channel that isn't public yet... No clue what that is about.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Wow, two in one day? Man, we are EATING today! Leonardo looks good, though I'm not sure how much I'm gonna play the guy. Full disclosure, I have next to no familiarity with TMNT as a franchise, and while I love me some combos, I'm not typically a big fan of characters that have to chip the opponent down rather than dealing big hits. I guess it really depends on how easy it is to kill with him; if we're looking at Swordie Sheik here, I'm probably not even gonna touch the guy.

Last edited:

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
I got worried thinking Leo's up special was going to be Link's garbage smash 64 recovery. I'm glad that's not the case as it looks like it has a decent vertical distance. Leo also has Mii Brawler's Feint Jump but it can spike opponents.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so since we don't have any other warnings tonight, I guess we could get a showcase shadow drop tomorrow.

View attachment 331038

apparently I missed this earlier, whoops
Noice, Miko has her own emote.

At this point, I think the staff initially expected to close up shop after the game's launch, until its surprise reception made Nick have a change of heart and it grew three sizes. So I don't think the emotes will impact much now. :grinch:

That said, I wonder if there's a slow down mode for training.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Theory: next showcases after Mikey are gonna be Nigel and Lucy.

Why? All the character that got showcases videos were featured in a couple of gameplay videos before and the ones that havent been given a video yet are those three.
Interesting analysis, although the devs recently talked about a few of PTM's particularities, so it could go either way.

amageish

Smash Master
Noice, Miko has her own emote.

At this point, I think the staff initially expected to close up shop after the game's launch, until its surprise reception made Nick have a change of heart and it grew three sizes. So I don't think the emotes will impact much now. :grinch:

That said, I wonder if there's a slow down mode for training.
It seems like the emotes are generally wide-reaching - there doesn't seem much notable correlation between what does or does not have them and what has been announced. Most characters with emotes aren't in the game and, frankly, probably will never be in the game, but I also don't think that them being emotes is a cryptic hint at their present exclusion. I believe the devs even made a comment about how "This isn't Game Theory" when people were discussing if the emotes were hints...

That said, here's all the current emotes and stickers if you want to look at all the obscure references they fit in.

1632265615719.png

1632265639368.png

1632265668419.png

1632265702819.png

1632265728710.png

1632265753187.png

1632265791277.png

1632265835389.png

1632265913451.png

1632265941892.png

1632265962145.png

1632265994292.png

1632266015069.png

Attachments

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
It seems like the emotes are generally wide-reaching - there doesn't seem much notable correlation between what does or does not have them and what has been announced. Most characters with emotes aren't in the game and, frankly, probably will never be in the game, but I also don't think that them being emotes is a cryptic hint at their present exclusion. I believe the devs even made a comment about how "This isn't Game Theory" when people were discussing if the emotes were hints...

That said, here's all the current emotes and stickers if you want to look at all the obscure references they fit in.

I've said it before but....What The Heck!? Welcome to the Wayne doesn't have any emotes.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace

Based Red Letter Media emote.

Top Bottom