• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The new Nintendo direct was just announced. Honestly I'm not too confident that this game is going to be showcase, but we never know, it's worth keeping an eye on. Link.
Well, still worth watching in case it could or for smash. Though it does say games launching in winter, so not sure if nickelodeon game would fit in there, but in any case it's nice to see a nintendo direct.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Well, still worth watching in case it could or for smash. Though it does say games launching in winter, so not sure if nickelodeon game would fit in there, but in any case it's nice to see a nintendo direct.
That's true, but I'm pretty sure they will talk about fall games too. I doubt they'll skip Mario party and SMT V. They always says thing like this, like at e3 they said something like "games releasing in 2021" and they still showed Botw 2.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Apologies for how early in the morning this is, but...

...So, this guy is someone I watch who is currently reviewing Nickelodeon games, and this was from a conversation I was having with him where he feels the roster is very underwhelming and that there's little to no chance of there being DLC.

What do you guys think?
That is what I call a self fulfilling prophecy. Being relunctant to buy it, then predicting the game wont sell is basically working towards that goal. The only way to help is to assist the property.

I will say that I understand some level of relunctancy (afterall, I only got 5 out of my 16 friends to give this game a chance) but hey, we got to do our part in getting this game to reach others. Still, I think the points given by that fellow are pretty weak.

Moving on, I would love to see this game be in the direct and reveal the last missing characters. Its probably the last "big event" until release, right?

Edit: Mikey´s showcase just dropped!

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
A few things:

1. I definitely feel like they're going to feature SOMETHING about All-Star Brawl during the Direct; it's a game that's coming out very soon, and if nothing else, it'd work as a bit of filler they needed. Now, whether or not we're getting all three Avatar characters revealed here, I can't really say, but at the very least, I definitely feel one of them is going to be revealed tomorrow.

2. We got Mikey's showcase, and it's funny; I thought that he was gonna be the somewhat long-range fighter and Leo was gonna be the rushdown fighter, but no, it's apparently the other way around; Leo's the one that benefits from maintaining his distance (thanks to the tipping mechanic) and Mikey is apparently the rushdown guy. Either way, he looks like fun, and again the stage is decent looking. Also, it was nice to have Rep back as the narrator. But now, I think we're officially out of characters that have already gotten a lot of focus, which means we may finally be getting some focus on the "underdogs" so to speak.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
He comes off to me less as "uninterested" and more as "calm" if that makes sense.
I guess, but the way he does jokes still comes off as forced because of this.

In the end, I'd rather have energetic over calm; the former comes off as more fun, while the latter doesn't really.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I figured Mikey might get his video next. Would have been odd to pass it over when his big bro just had his.

Also, I called that he'd get the Technodrome as a stage. That said, its tune isn't too shabby, I guess.
Also also, the down special seems familiar. :ultluigi:

Not to mention that since Shredder wasn't seen anywhere despite Krang being there, his chances for being in DLC are looking good.

About the game sales, considering the comment on the low budget I think the game will still be profitable. Of course the game will not sell as much as Far Cry 6, but it can still be succesful.

About the roster, I think it's fine. The thing is that with 20 spots, it's hard to please everyone. Of course having more franchises would have been good, but this would have mean cutting side characters like Toph, Sandy, April or even Mikey.

I'd just go with Kyle honestly. I think he's a great character with good moveset potential.
The bright side about having a small roster like this is it means that there's likely plenty of space left over in the game to potentially fill it with seasons of DLC, however that'll be like. It all depends on healthy support and game devs that are fully healthy and haven't done any big projects beforehand.
Also, a friend of mine on this board does genuinely want Fanboy and Chum Chum in the game, so. :drshrug:

I guess, but the way he does jokes still comes off as forced because of this.

In the end, I'd rather have energetic over calm; the former comes off as more fun, while the latter doesn't really.
At any rate, it does feel appropriate for Thaddeus to cover the party dude of the bunch.

That is what I call a self fulfilling prophecy. Being relunctant to buy it, then predicting the game wont sell is basically working towards that goal. The only way to help is to assist the property.

I will say that I understand some level of relunctancy (afterall, I only got 5 out of my 16 friends to give this game a chance) but hey, we got to do our part in getting this game to reach others. Still, I think the points given by that fellow are pretty weak.

Moving on, I would love to see this game be in the direct and reveal the last missing characters. Its probably the last "big event" until release, right?

Yeah, I'll at least make sure my gamer workmate will be interested enough and grab the game. I may buy the digital PS4 version for kicks, even if I won't touch it for some time.

And yeah, there's no other noteworthy big event left before NASB drops on the 5th (except Tokyo Game Show, which NASB would never show up in). So to all of you, don't act surprised if the Avatar crew pops up in there.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Oh my God, Krang just died live on television.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yeah, I figured Mikey might get his video next. Would have been odd to pass it over when his big bro just had his.

Also, I called that he'd get the Technodrome as a stage. That said, its tune isn't too shabby, I guess.
Also also, the down special seems familiar. :ultluigi:

Not to mention that since Shredder wasn't seen anywhere despite Krang being there, his chances for being in DLC are looking good.

The bright side about having a small roster like this is it means that there's likely plenty of space left over in the game to potentially fill it with seasons of DLC, however that'll be like. It all depends on healthy support and game devs that are fully healthy and haven't done any big projects beforehand.
Also, a friend of mine on this board does genuinely want Fanboy and Chum Chum in the game, so. :drshrug:

At any rate, it does feel appropriate for Thaddeus to cover the party dude of the bunch.

Yeah, I'll at least make sure my gamer workmate will be interested enough and grab the game. I may buy the digital PS4 version for kicks, even if I won't touch it for some time.

And yeah, there's no other noteworthy big event left before NASB drops on the 5th (except Tokyo Game Show, which NASB would never show up in). So to all of you, don't act surprised if the Avatar crew pops up in there.
May i ask? what is the gif of Shredder from?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm betting Someone from the loud house would be next, unless the avatar characters get shown off tomorrow.
Technically speaking, wouldn't the two post-launch bonus characters be shown off after the base ones anyway?

May i ask? what is the gif of Shredder from?
The 1987 cartoon episode Cowabunga Shredhead.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, for the record, Mikey is officially considered a shotoclone now. Of course no one would believe me about this beforehand.

Hercassie2.jpg

So anyway, are we expecting any more showcases today, or will this be it until something silly happens tomorrow?

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
I thought the Technodrome was in Dimension X when I first saw the stage but it's actually on Earth underground traveling through a massive tunnel. This stage looks like it would've been perfect for Shredder if he was on the base roster.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

I wish I could have convinced them all but some dislike the lack of QoL features like voice acting and lackluster sound effects (some dont even trust developers to patch things up after the Cyberpunk fiasco). Some others think the game is just memes and that the fad will eventually die. And a few just dont have the money to spare (Metroid Dreadd, SMTV and Pokemon Shining Diamond/Brilliant Pearl are coming out soon).

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I wish I could have convinced them all but some dislike the lack of QoL features like voice acting and lackluster sound effects (some dont even trust developers to patch things up after the Cyberpunk fiasco). Some others think the game is just memes and that the fad will eventually die. And a few just dont have the money to spare (Metroid Dreadd, SMTV and Pokemon Shining Diamond/Brilliant Pearl are coming out soon).
It's a good thing i preordered Metroid Dread on Digital rather than physical.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Good thing my workmate seems like the type to look past all of that and go "hey, a Nick crossover game with the 87 TMNT in it, that's cool".

At any rate, I do have a second gamer workmate, so I'll see if I can persuade them too (depending on if their shift lets them be around within the next week or so).

I thought the Technodrome was in Dimension X when I first saw the stage but it's actually on Earth underground traveling through a massive tunnel. This stage looks like it would've been perfect for Shredder if he was on the base roster.
I figure that if Shredder shows up, it would have to be for a DLC Dimension X stage. At least we could get to see some cameos from Granitor and Traag, at the same time.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hot take: I prefer the Fair Play narrator over Rep - Rep shouts too much and I like the way the Fair Play narrator says "Stimpy".
I dunno, I feel like Rep's energy works a lot better for the kind of game NASB is, ESPECIALLY for a character like Michelangelo. If I'm being told about a game where I can beat up Powdered Toast Man as Nigel Thornberry, I don't want it to sound like I'm being lectured by my Biology professor.
Anyway, Mikey time:

This dude looks fun! Whereas I was apprehensive about Leo's more patient hit-and-run style of gameplay before, Michelangelo looks to be JUST my speed. (Well, aside from his actual speed, which looks to be kinda slow, oddly enough.) He's got combos, he hits hard, and on top of that, the dude throws pizza. How can I NOT play this guy? I will say his range doesn't look all too impressive, but I usually value things like combos and damage output more than I do range anyway. (And that Down Special? Looks SUPER fun.)
I'm definitely expecting us to at least get an Aang reveal in the Direct tomorrow, if not Toph and Korra too. We've only got less than two weeks until the game is out, and a Nintendo Direct would be the perfect venue to get those final reveals out of the way. If we go through the entirety of tomorrow without seeing a single reveal, then I'll be REALLY curious as to how they plan on getting three reveals out in the span of a few days, realistically speaking.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, Avatar is kind of there to me, so if anything it would be more of a feeling of "took long enough" than anything else. Also, just about everyone expects that property in the first place.

Now if it was someone like Shredder or Jenny? Bee's knees, but we're clearly not in that timeline, so.

speaking of the Simpsons and Nicktoons

it's ironic that Simpsons would dunk on R&S while it was still getting new episodes when it was one of Matt Groening's favorite shows
Although it was pretty neat that it did get its own exclusive R&S animation for one episode (even if it was even more violent than what R&S would show at the time). So that's a show of good sportsmanship right there.

By the way, that and the Stimpy's Invention game were my first actual exposure to R&S, years before I'd finally watch the show itself on Teletoon. Scarred childhood, what's that?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Although it was pretty neat that it did get its own exclusive R&S animation for one episode (even if it was even more violent than what R&S would show at the time). So that's a show of good sportsmanship right there.
Even in between R&S dunking, the duo got a cameo in one episode due to it sharing animators. So the good sportsmanship came earlier than you thought.

Top Bottom