• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey hey, there's no us. I associate myself with not you.

*glare*

*goes back to train at 100x gravity*

D

Deleted member

@Overswarm: Regarding being able to quote rules, I think Ronike will let us. One Mafia game I played allowed you to quote rules.

Of course Ronike decides the final vote.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all to those questioning quoting the rules, the rules only state you cannot vote mod PMs. Anything posted publicly by the mod is perfectly fine to quote. Also, for funsies

1. What was your first Mafia game?
Omis' Unlucky 13. Despite a gamechanging mod error on the first night, a very fun game and good win.
2. Why did you start playing Mafia games?
Played it on campouts a couple times IRL, found it here and was like hmmmm. Read through a couple games that sounded fun so I joined up.
3. Are you part of other sites? If so, give out username and what sites you're in.
In terms of mafia? Technically on mafiascum, however I haven't played a game there so it's pretty much entirely irrelevant.
4. How would you describe your playstyle?
You get one of two things: super townie or super scummy Mentos. Back when I started I was almost never thought of as scum, even when I was, my more recent games(obviously excluding the ongoing Tree Stump which I cannot comment on), I've been a for sure scum by several people despite being town several times. Not sure what's changed really, but both are possible to show up.
5. Have you've ever done RQS? If not, do you want to experience one? If so, give your opinion on it.
No, and no. I agree with all the reasons Xiivi gave as to why it's not worthwhile.
6. Is this your first theme game?
haha not even close.

D

Deleted member

RQS doesn't force people to take stances as the game develops & be held accountable for their actions. Instead it has them regurgitate meaningless non-game specific information that is not valuable to scumhunting. [Asking people their playing histories, how they play, etc... is an easy way for scum to coast by as it doesn't actually relate to the game at hand.]

RVS forces people to watch their votes and the votes of others and be held accountable for the actions they make (including being on a 'random vote lynch'). That information is game-specific that leads into scum-hunting when someone uses their vote questionably. [People voting each other is an actual in-game occurrence that can be tracked & monitored.]

Generally you don't want to focus on non-game specific information, as that is irrelevant and allows scum to coast by without a sense of urgency. You want to immediately put game-specific information out there in the form of votes and immediately start analyzing it which will force the 'randomness' to disappear as weak accusations based on minimal information escalate into strong accusations based on maximal information.
Becasue Xiivi told so much truth in this post.
You were the one that even asked people what was better SSBF.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you guys want I can ask several questions and create several rules that would allow us to find every non-town member by the end of Night 3, but this would only be the case if no one deviated from the plan and that I myself was a town member. As such, you can't really trust anyone to create the questions and rules unless they're confirmed town and if someone deliberately went against the grain and they were town, the system would collapse. The moment someone said "I don't trust (name of person who created questions and rules)" and went against them, the system would fall apart and mafia would win because of it.

So no, questions don't work unless there is guaranteed trust between every single party.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
FE Mafia
Found it while it was in forum games and thought it was interesting (play was a lot different then)
3. Are you part of other sites? If so, give out username and what sites you're in.
**** no.
I pay some deities that would rather remain unnamed and they tell me who is mafia. However, I'm always cursed to lose because of this.
5. Have you've ever done RQS? If not, do you want to experience one? If so, give your opinion on it.
**** no, **** no, **** no.
Its the first time I've hosted one.

Hope that helps
lol@Ronike.

Win mod. Always.

1. Spidey mafia. 4 scum, an SK, a jester, and a risky politician. I was the watcher (fun role). Still though, that game taught me how evil a no-lynch is. The only person town managed to lynch was the jester. We got owned. In mylo, I had two scum pinned thanks to my watching, but there were still 2 indies alive, so we lost.
2. Because they looked fun, and I liked the spidey theme, so I joined one.
3. None that play mafia.
4. Very talkative and argumentative. Prone to tunneling and large walls of text if I think I've found scum. I tend to lurk when I'm scum though.
5. Nah. Xivii told us why in the social thread.
6. Nope, not by a long shot.

D

Deleted member

SSBF, how do you plan to play this game?

Ronkie, can we vote yet (serious votes I mean)?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Day 1 hasn't started, so technically we can do anything we want.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Oh hi, I'm co-modding this game, so if Ronike dies, I'll take over.

Never played mafia ever. Or Super Smash Bros. (the series). :(
I didn't. ;_;
3. Are you part of other sites?
Yeah, I browse the Internet! ;)
If so, give out username and what sites you're in.
AllIsBrawl: SportyAsianChick283
Newgrounds: NeMeSiSM66
MafiaScum: Jarti
M4BCC: κε$λª
GameFAQs: MartrebnoR
Lockerz: N.Gallon
AOL: BibleLove2007
CCGRealms: DragonKirby
Gmail: BackToNormal
MapleStory: Eight
Don't have one. ;(
5. Have you've ever done RQS?
No. D:
If not, do you want to experience one?
omfg yes :D
If so, give your opinion on it.
totally baller sounding ^_^
I forget, can you repeat the question? #;}P>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Tomafia 3

I think I saw the Tomafia 3 thread and, after looking at the tutorial, I decided to try it out.

Nope

Pretty basic I think. I seem to be more crafty/tactical as mafia.

Nah, no way >>

Pffft, I played in several. Mega Man Mafia, Nowhere Mafia, and so on.

lol at the mods answering SSBF's question.

Ronike

Smash Ace
No voting, still waitin on Ryker. If anyone's heard from him or anything, lemme know please.

D

Deleted member

SSBF, how do you plan to play this game?
I'll explain to the best of my ability:

1. Never self-hammer.
2. Play my very best.
3. Avoid any major arguments that goes on so I don't literally get owned. This is an good possibility as Ryker, Cello Marl, Xonar, and Meta-Kirby to an lesser extend are very aggressive players and if they were to go against each other, it would be an argument that would most likely last for days (In literal terms). If that were to happen, I'll avoid trying to get caught up with it and observe them when they stopped arguing. In the meanwhile, I'll observe people who aren't caught up with the argument and hopefully push a decent case against them.
4. I'll be very commited to the game. You should expect me to be one of the more active players in the game.

All expect #3 are hard rock promises that I will not break, period. #3 may change based on if people consider it scummy.

D

Deleted member

but how will you actually get scum, because 3) is just something that prevents you from dying.

D

Deleted member

@The Paprika Killer: I have no concrete idea when it comes to finding scums immediately. However, how I will find them eventually will be a different story.

@Meta-Kirby: Not really, but you defindently shows some form of aggressiveness. This is shown in Pokemafia and Smash Bros. Mafia (Both justified, thought, so I can't blame you). But yeah, I don't think you're that aggressive, so the chances of you starting an major argument is unlikely.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Hope Ryker doesn't end up having to be replaced or something. He said he had some sort of awesome plan for this game.

D

Deleted member

we could maybe do a mass nameclaim on D1, with a backstory like DBZ that might actually give results.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nameclaims D1 are a bad idea in theme games. I'll give you 99.9999% probability that Ronike and Tom have given scum safe name-claims, so it outs big name townies and likely nets 0 scum. And that doesn't just apply to this game, most theme games here have safe scum claims.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Friggum fraggum Ryker. I came in today like "Oh dear, I probably missed all of D1 already..." and it turns out it hasn't even started.

That being said, what's up guys.

D

Deleted member

I really don't understand the term "Ninja'd" is. Can someone explain it?

In the meantime, I'll be focusing more on other games. I have a lot to catch up on. However, once this game starts, this will have my main attention.

D

Deleted member

ninja'd refers to someone be beaten to making a post about something.
like you ask me what equals 2+2? then me and person X both respond with "4", but he is just a second quicker. then he "ninja'd" me.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
well I actually use the term ninja'd as me preparing a post and pressing the reply button - any posts made before I do this that suddenly pop-up infront of my own have ninja'd me.

don't tell i've been doing it wrong this long! cue dramatic video

D

Deleted member

When posting on a forum, you submit a post only to find that someone has posted the same thing only seconds earlier.
from urban dictonary

Top Bottom