• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Xonar, you're really making it difficult to move on -_-;;

Give us something.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Ugh, Xonar can die. Mentos makes a legit PBPA, and Xonar replies to it with one of the longest most worthless scummiest posts I have ever seen in a game of mafia. Xonar's reply is basically one long rant about Mentos being an idiot. Without any backing whatsoever. If he wasn't at L-1 I'd vote him, and I'm still tempted to hammer.

@Xonar
You have until Monday to change my mind, and if you can't do so, I'm going to hammer.

@Everyone else
Can we please stop trying to meta the setup? I'm pretty sure that Ronike is smart enough to make a game that can't be broken so easily. And even if there was a way to break it, he'd alter the rules to prevent it (as he did with Xonar and Cello's plans).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@Xonar
You have until Monday to change my mind, and if you can't do so, I'm going to hammer.
I like this, and feel it should be used for hammering in the future.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@Kat, I was annoyed, haha. I've felt as if Cello is just expecting people to believe his ridiculous claim, and from what he posted, it seemed that he was referring to himself as an already cleared BP. Sorry for answering your question.

M.K

Level 55
I had no idea you had a job!

However, I suggest doing an full re-read from #108.

With that said, see you and everyone else after school.
Does anyone else see this as...buddying of some sort? I mean, why would you specifically advise him to address points? Why are you trying to coach him, and if you aren't, why are you only specifying posts after #108?
This post, coupled with the "don't hammer early unless you have a really really good reason" are two reasons why I believe you and Xonar might be connected.

D

Deleted member

I can't see SSBF coaching Xonar though, unless the latter just doesn't feel like playing well.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
SSBF reminds me of the pokemon trainer from the There Will Be Brawl series.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh btw, I'm bulma. You can pretty much search back in my posts because I've breadcrumbed it several times (1 time OS even pointed it out seeing it as just a reference to my ava)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wow I read through the start of Mentos post and I'm honestly so tired that responding right now would get me modkilled for not following the rules. Will respond later.

D

Deleted member

Meta-Kirby said:
I mean, why would you specifically advise him to address points?
Right now, I'm waiting to see if Xonar will improve (Doubt it, as I am convinced he is scum for now). I'm actually surprised he didn't make another rebuttal to my comment because I want to see his thoughts on my comment (Abide logically).

Meta-Kirby said:
Why are you trying to coach him, and if you aren't, why are you only specifying posts after #108?
I am not coaching Xonar under any cirumstances. The reason why I'm only specifying posts after #108 is because that's when the game started. It would be useless to read the posts before the beginning of the game, unless it was to re-read the rules or stuff by Ronike/Tom/Xiivi, the mods/co-mods of the game.

Xonar said:
Well sorry for having my life revamped, jezus.
Unless you have limited Internet connection, I don't see how that's a excuse why you're playing so badly.

Xonar said:
Oh btw, I'm bulma. You can pretty much search back in my posts because I've breadcrumbed it several times (1 time OS even pointed it out seeing it as just a reference to my ava)
You're going to have to do better then that. First off, I don't believe character claims. Secondly, your avatar is refered to Farfechted from Pokémon, which is completely irrelavent to Dragonball Z.

Xonar said:
100% chance to find AT LEAST 1 dragonball
Even if Bulma was a character in this game, we have no idea what role she has.

D

Deleted member

For now I'm willing to accept the claim but you really got to improve xonar, I know you can do better.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
ramsesjelsma 12:07 am
(0:07:55): ronike
(0:07:58): please replace SSBF
(0:08:28): he's giving me a headache while it's past midnight and i doubt if ill be able to sleep without my head exploding of stupidity because right now i have to use my hands to keep my head from doing so

we'll see when he comes on

D

Deleted member

@Xonar: So just because I'm bugging you means that I should be replaced? Seriously, that BS. I haven't broken any of the rules on the site.

It is your fault why you've been playing this badly, not those of others.

How about instead of asking to get me replaced that you get some sleep and start playing better?

D

Deleted member

How about getting a brain?
Now you're resulting to telling me to get a brain? That's just sad.

This sounds like Appeal To Emotion to me. Show me proof that I need to be replaced. Otherwise, I will continue to calle BS on that claim.

You are surely the lynch Today.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I like this, and feel it should be used for hammering in the future.
Note: Whenever someone imposes some artificial deadline for their vote it's a huge scumtell. They are probably scum and should be immediately killed. (Vyse did this is Anime Mafia with his vote on Airgemini & I've seen it elsewhere. Scum love doing this because it's an easy way to vote without having to take consequence for the mislynch.)
Yeah, I'm not thinking it should. (I've seen a game where people have done this while being town, so it's not always a scumtell, but... It's just not a good strategy imo. You also talk as if it's some sort of huge new thing when it's probably been done a good deal of times in Mafia)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Xonar, nothing has justified the insults you've been flinging left and right, let alone having the NERVE to ask someone else to replace. Consider this your final warning. Shape up, or I WILL replace you and black list you from further games I host.

Prods:
None :)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to think things over, but right now I would be willing to lynch Xonar even if he were a mod-cleared townie. All he's doing is flinging insults around, and now asking the mod to replace someone? If he's not scum, we don't have to worry about putting up with this type of play the rest of the game, and I'm not convinced he's town. Maybe in the morning I'll be more open to switching, but right now, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a mafia safe-claim name, and I don't feel like putting up with the incessant insults to everyone for the rest of the game. If he can post a legitimate defense, and start playing the game instead of insulting everyone left and right, I may change my vote, but right now I'm more than happy to leave it here.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Mentos, I'd just like to add.
On second thought, I'll write up starting flavor when I get a chance. Rip in the space-time continuum besides bringing the villains of old has also seemed to change some personalities, so you no longer know who to trust and anyone could be evil, so you decide to go at this the only reasonable way: democratically vote people to murder at the end of everyday.
I don't know how people want to interpret this, but I'm taking it literally. Bulma is just as likely to be a scum role as any other role, as far as we know. 100% chance of finding 1 ball each night could definitely be aligned to either side(though it wouldn't be an indy), so the claim doesn't do much imo.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Xonar, your claim alone won't be enough to save you. Defend or die. After scum wars I'm not going to let anyone live because of roleclaim alone.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I agree with nic. Xonar has really done a bad job of defending, and he is now trying to get out of his hole by claiming.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I was claiming because that was coming anyway, like I said, I was way to tired to make an adequate response... *random insult about you guys having no brain and should learn to read*

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I know that, but that alone won't save you. You'd better make that adequate response and make it soon... *random reminder about Ronike modkilling/replacing you from the game.*

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
PS this game reminds me of pokemafia already :laugh:
Let me start off by saying that everyone who called me out on an AtE is... not correct :urg:
Insulting != AtE. Thank you.
Jungles vote I still don't get
SSBF reasons are inadequate for a vote or just straight out... stupid, no offense.
Rockin accused me of an AtE
Sold I don't remember why he voted me which probably means it was a big parrot
Mentos vote is justified but partly based on AtE accusations x.x
Hilt just said that he'd vote me if there is a wagon
OS just parrotted I don't even remember him giving a reason
-------------------------------------------------------
@Ronike: I never voted Rockin, my vote is currently on SSBF

@Rockin: If someone between Mentos and Xonar is scum I'd say it's Xonar but I don't really think either of them should be lynched toDay.
Take a stance, please.

You too, besides Xonar, plz.

Making jokes is reasonable when there's no real discussion going on. When we're actually in real discussion, why not try to focus on something relevant. And the opinion you dropped was pointless role-guessing, and, as I said, not at ALL related to the topic you presented at the start of the sentence. Thanks for flipping out though.
It was a breadcrumb. Thing is, Mentos, there is no such thing as 'fluff posts' or 'joke posts'. Every post has an INTENTION. The thing is, I don't see ANYONE besides Cello searching for true intentions. Cello reads every post like, what, 5 times? Then searches for the intention, then reevaluates himself and tries to line everything up. Afterwards, he probably looks if everything can be lined up in different ways and still make sense.
I haven't seen any of this. Example of this is my reply to Cello's assault on OS.

What part of may not post the action seems like it allows for us to do so anyway without consequences? That's like saying "oh, we have to post every 72 hours, but let's just all not post, nothing will happen." Rules are there for a reason, not so that they can be broken without consequences. The fact that you say you didn't get this fact makes me more confident that you are covering your tracks, because really, it's quite blatant.
So you think that I'd suggest a plan and try to get everyone BLATANTLY modkilled? Yeah, I thought so. I think it's fine to just assume that I assumed that there was no punishment, just deconfirmation. Call this an appeal, but it's an appeal to common sense.

Answering questions directed at you? No. In fact I blatantly say that a 3 line post later isn't fluff because it was answering Cello's question to you. However, jumping in to answer a question directed at someone else with a one liner most definitely is just trying to up your post count, which can be very much construed as fluff.
Ahem, it's better to just answer a question quickly if the person answering it is irrelevant. Again, there is no fluff.
Line1:
Fluff. Also still in favor of mass search.
Line2:
Still pushing this idea. Also, even if it WEREN'T against the rules, if scum gets one ball and bounces it around before making their posts saying to
Line3:
trade them, town ends up endlessly searching even if all balls are in play.
Thus, you never, 3 lines later, said that it was answering cellos question to me... I don't even get how i answered cello's question. You're confusing me, Mentos. Elaboration please?
So, with no new information put out, what exactly changed your mind from it being farfetched to you assuming she does? Flip-flopping when it's more fitting to what's going on. Also, if there were no balls to be found and all in play, "checking if there are any left" would likely involve a mass search. If scum has a hidden ball at that point, they get to train while we waste time trying to find a dragonball that's already been found. Wonderful idea.
Yo breadcrumb niggha. Beside that, people can think about the game between posts and actually change opinion or perspective, it's not flip-flopping, it's thinking.

Really, I didn't? Because I seem to notice me pointing out the whole "your plan is explicitly forbidden by the rules" thing in my 190. But, it wasn't directed at you so you probably didn't realize that I had said anything about it. Also, depends on the wish, and since we have no idea what wishes are available, and the best one we HAVE seen is bringing someone back, I wouldn't make the trade for that. I would rather wait for it if we're going to be looking for an instant clear.
They're game breaking, just assume that. Don't try ot outsmart the mod. Thing is, it was not EXPLICITLY forbidden by the rules, like I explained.

Now, since you had given up on your plan before this point, why was this the part that made you not want to mass search? Your plan has no relevance because it was already given up when you made this comment. You gave up your plan before Ronike made it clear that breaking explicit rules would result in consequences, so why is it still relevant at the time of the second post, causing you to change stances on mass-search?
I talked to Ronike about my plan and he corrected some of my thoughts, which he then posted as a rule.

Thinking is fine. But, Making a post saying "hey, I don't know what to think about about this player, but don't feel like figuring it out" is a pointless post that, more importantly, rides the fence in a way that after the tide has gone one way or the other you can jump with it and never have to worry about contradicting yourself.
It's not pointless if I WAS ASKED IF I FIND HIM SCUMMY. It was answering a question, and at the point I didn't know if he was scummy or not. I had to answer soon or it'd be flat out ignoring.

There is NO point for you to post that comment. Nic can handle his own arguments, he doesn't need you stepping in to tell people to read posts and that telling his plan ruins it. Congratulations on not only saying the same thing Nic had said, but responding for someone else.
Obviously I had to repeat Nic because he didn't read it. Sorry for, again, answering questions where it doesn't matter who answers it. Seriously man, these kind of posts make me urge to insult the intelligence here. Too bad I don't want to ruin the fun for Ronike D:

Way to respond to the fact that you called him out for something that he was not actually doing. You claim you just got it mixed up, but I really don't buy that.
Yeah, you won't buy that because you're making a case on me. Cool, but that totally adds nothing at all of worth to you not buying it.

Yes, what it could be construed as if both were to be scum(which, btw, you are fully opposed to the idea of a mere 6 of your posts later Cello is towniest of town.) Why would scum be distancing themselves from a townie? I'm glad your response was so whiny that I noticed this this time.
6 posts of massive thinking. Besides, why would scum be distancing themselves from a townie? to make that townie look scummy when someone figures it out, of course. d'oh.

Yep, because the fun in the game is posting a random comment that in no way actually relates to the game being played in any way.
It's funny to insult people who make my head hurt :urg:

Yes, because buddying(the act of anti-town siding with townies to make themselves look better when that person eventually dies or is cleared) and distancing(scum/anti-town multi-person groups voting/disagreeing with each other to make disconnections when one of them dies, making the other look better.) are in fact not total opposites. Oh wait, they are total opposites. Thanks for calling me an idiot when you apparently don't know what you're talking about though.
Opposites are VERY closely related. Yin/yang, ya know?

Oh right, because you said you couldn't make a hard stance so early based on one action. Right. So that post was actually worthless "NOWAI" material. Gotcha.
Confusing me again, Mentos. Which post was 'nowai' material again?
I said, you can't make a hard stance so early based on just 1 action, thus participating in the discussion which you wanted OH SO MUCH. I don't get the problemo here.

You want to do it with some content? Fine. Doing it with that being the only thing in the post is just upping your post count so you can point at it later.
Assume I will point at it later to justify possible inactivity all you want, ASSUME is the keyword here.

Yes, I'm an idiot for stating the fact that you tried to take townie credit for suggesting people break rules made excessively clear. Way to respond to the argument and not just make an AtE... Oh wait.
Elaborated on this already.

Way to entirely miss the point of that entire comment. You made it sound like you had a town read on Cello because you've played games with him and thought you knew where he was going. This is after Cello has explained exactly where he was going so that has no relevance to your read, and doesn't make sense to be there. The other key point of my comment was that it's the first time you express any sort of opinion on me and OS immediately after Cello said he suspected us, without providing any reason. Your first opinions on either of us coming up like that with no explanation but saying we're both scum, and need to die?
I think I was the first to actually push on you, Mentos. I don't remember Cello doing it first, but not sure. On OS, I elaborated on Cello's assault on him, and actually figured parts of it out before Cello's post, but his helped my ideas line up, thus allowing me to be confident in voting him.

Seeing as I have never once called you answering a question directed at yourself fluff, and that has nothing to do with the comment you quoted anyway, not sure what that's about. And yeah, as I've said before there needs to be a far better wish than "revive X person" available for me to be willing to sacrifice a character/role big enough to be considered insta-clear. There are a couple I can think of, but risking outting a big role on D2 in the event that they may exist? No thank you.
3. words. change. everything.
i. also. noticed. that. people. read. this. with. a. pause. between. every. word.
If Ronike says the wish will break the game, just assume that you can break the game, please. Don't outguess the mod, or me ;)

Oh look, you can copy and paste! But what's this? A new section! Yes, calling people out on fluff in a one line post with nothing else said is just upping post count. One way to define fluff does include insubstantial posts that up post count.
Intentions, look at them intentions.
haha I gotta admit this is funny, I didn't really have a point made in that section, so pretty solid answerXD

More copy and paste with a couple new words. You weren't answering a question, so you weren't "answering with a few words," you were making a comment on a flavor example, calling it assumptions. The very fact that you quoted the flavor, not the content of that post to respond makes it fluff instantly. Even if you had quoted the content of the post when posting that, he was obviously speculating and it's a worthless post. Either way, it's fluff.
I was indeed not answering a question. Nice way to twist it, though. 2. words. change. everything.
The flavor was actually CONTENT as it was an EXAMPLE based on ASSUMPTIONS. Thus I discredit it by saying it's just assuming.
Tell me, where in this post does he say that Cello could be claiming bulletproof in the situation you described in your post. If you can point out one single instance in this post, the one which your response was to, that he says "Cello may not actually be bulletproof and saying he is to avoid nightkill" I'll give this one back. He doesn't though, so have fun trying to manufacture it.
Sigh...
The thing is, IF cello would claim to have claimed bulletproof in the situation I described in the post, it would be worthless. That said, after I outed that he commented that it wasn't true, but it could still be true. Blabla wifom.

So, what was the point of that? You never implied that you thought his claim was fake, in fact everything you said was hypothetical, so yes, this post was pretty much worthless.
It is hypothetical but an option. Considering options is worthless? I think my point is made.

Lynch all liars. Really, town shouldn't need to lie. Yeah, town can lie, but when they do it just comes back and bites town in the *** because they end up getting lynched when it's learned they lied. Not to mention some lies are reasonable(eg Cello lying who he investigated in Millers Hollow), whereas lying about one's role is assuredly not so.
Close minded.

Nope, just tired of everyone thinking 2 words is a reasonable argument around here. You want me lynched because you think I'm scummy, show why I'm scummy, don't just up your post count by saying Kill X.
You trying to get me lynched by posting a case full of flawed arguments is why.

Seeing as I agree with your original stance that it's not likely Bulma has a 100% chance to find Dragonballs, and I would trust most people in this game to make an intelligent choice where to hand them, I would rather not give scum a chance to get them without working on it. Not to mention you're operating on the assumption a role exists that we have no evidence does exist.
We don't have evidence yet. Though, I might just find 2 balls today making me a clear. (also why I said that there could very well be a day2 clear)
What purpose is that? Is there any benefit to you saying you asked Ronike about it? Were you being asked to say if you had? No. So the eagerness looks bad along with the fact that there was absolutely no reason for you to post that. Cello's question is irrelevant to the problem I pointed out with the posts, seeing as I straight up said there was nothing wrong with the second post because it was the answer to a question.
Knowing who asked what has a purpose because... read my comment on Cello's assault.

Being a hypocrite is a much stronger scumtell than town-tell. If town is looking at something as a scumtell, they try to avoid it in their own posts. Scum are more likely to call someone out for scummy behavior while doing it to a noticeable extent themselves.
You're saying that scums are hypocrites but townies arent?
So, you're saying when someone is under assault by alotta players and they make a case on someone else being scum, they are often scum?.. no mentos, no.

You guys have no idea how much I hate this language in large posts, so my apologies for grammatical mistakes.
Let me move on to more posts besides the one made by Mentos.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
And I just remembered I forgot to include this in my response to Xonar, but I feel it is important to why my vote went on him this time and not the last.

In his response to me, he repeatedly turned to insults and negative phrases. In my experience, cornered town is likely to use logic and refute arguments, if not calmly, in a reasonable way, trying to convince town. Cornered scum is more likely to turn to insults and negativity against those who make a case on them, because it can invoke an emotional response that leads to town questioning the argument more. Emotional responses don't look the same as reasonable ones, and often look a lot weaker. Just felt that I should point out this piece because, as I said, it influenced my vote going on him instead of waiting for his re-rebuttal beforehand.
Sorry man I'm not just your average townie. I don't like the whole 'WELL, OFTEN, PEOPLE DO THIS' argument anyway.

Xonar, you're really making it difficult to move on -_-;;

Give us something.
Thus I claimed. It was coming anyway.

Ugh, Xonar can die. Mentos makes a legit PBPA, and Xonar replies to it with one of the longest most worthless scummiest posts I have ever seen in a game of mafia. Xonar's reply is basically one long rant about Mentos being an idiot. Without any backing whatsoever. If he wasn't at L-1 I'd vote him, and I'm still tempted to hammer.

@Xonar

@Everyone else
Can we please stop trying to meta the setup? I'm pretty sure that Ronike is smart enough to make a game that can't be broken so easily. And even if there was a way to break it, he'd alter the rules to prevent it (as he did with Xonar and Cello's plans).
I don't like this post at all. Calling it a scummy post because I refute his flawed arguments with simple answers? K man, sorry.
Then, a time limit on hammering? I recall Xiivi making a detailed post on how that's scummy. It's basicly an easy way for scum to hammer without getting any spotlight. I don't like OS' response to it for that reason.

SSBF, I won't respond to your post after which I asked you to be replaced, but honestly, please step up your game. That post was just flawed, and I don't want to reply to it now because I REALLY don't want to. I'm sorry, it's just bad.
Your posts afterwards are just as unsettling for me.

Hey, no insults at all this time. Maybe except for the little part above here, but I was polite, no? You guys just make it really hard for me from time to time, especially with the sht going on meanwhile. :embarrass

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Xonar: There's something I need to clear up. How many times have you contacted Ronike about this game, and when did you do so? What did you ask each time, and how, exactly, did you word it? Also, what did you mean by "I don't think that falseclaiming bulletproof/hated/lovers is scummy"?

Since people are quoting Xiivi as the gospel's truth, our Xiivi, who art omniscient, also commands us to lynch those who scummy, regardless of the time of Day, lest they continue to rot the ground and spoil the fruits of our labor. So He says. Amen.

Xonar said that before, too. And now we're considering lynching him for being mean. After all, let's look at Mentos's case, which people have been saying is good enough to lynch him for.

1) Jokingly rolefishing: This point is now moot because of Xonar's claim. He can't be looking for Bulma if he is Bulma.
2) Plan to out all Dragon Balls: I understand what Xonar was thinking, and I have one issue with it myself. I'll address this point after I get Xonar's answers to my questions.
3) Specific point of "Early wish isn't useful": Xonar agreed with me about reviving a dead townie being the only viable wish. The faster we start making wishes, the more wishes we make, meaning the more townies we have. That's if we can make multiple wishes by regathering the Balls. In either case, if Xonar's plan worked the way I think he envisioned it, it would out all the scum if they refused to hand their Balls over get a wish, so we'd have prevented them from making a wish at all if it's a one time deal. Regardless of the result of what he wanted to do, this was what he thought he was doing.
4) One liners, giving up on his plan: And what else would he have done? Continued to push for it? I did the same thing when I realized my plan didn't work. The only major difference was that when I realized my plan didn't work, it also outed a major incongruity in OS's claims. After all, OS is in the minority. He's the only person (that we know of, if I'm wrong about what I'm about to say, someone please correct me) that BOTH didn't speak to Ronike about individually trading Dragon Balls AND believed that it could be done.
5) Everything about "fluff = scum": Mentos is fond of making associations between alignment and actions, rather than specifically how a player acts as a certain alignment. I don't believe that a person will always follow a specific action set based solely on his alignment, no. But, I do believe that his or her actions will be heavily influenced by role, partners, recent experiences and personality. Does Xonar normally act this way? Why should we believe that additional posts that "have no content (something that's subjective anyway)" make Xonar scummy?
6) Xonar changes his mind about me and agrees with me (notable that he said "still"):
7) Outing insta-clear roles: He was talking about himself.
8) Supports self-hammering because Bulma can find the lost Balls: He's Bulma, he knew that for sure.
9) Buddies me, pushes OS's buddying away: Mentos says this strikes him as odd. But, what is it really? A stance. Buddying isn't innately scummy; it shows what relationships a person is willing to commit to. Xonar shows here that he's willing to support me, but not OS. Isn't that what people want from him? On that note, "following someone who isn't clear" is another example of showing through actions his beliefs. A "clear, in-game stance that can be tracked" in the Words of Our Xiivi.

If there's anything else, will someone please say it instead of saying "what Mentos said"?

Something else to keep in mind. Xonar was really looking forward to Ryker playing in this, but he isn't. Consider how that may affect his actions.

Mentos's recruiter scare does nothing for me. If a recruiter was part of a mafia team, compared to solo (which I adamantly believe will never happen on SWF with the current metagame) or one shot, then he's probably character specific like Vader in Scum Wars (also a Tom game). Babidi comes to mind. As does Vegeta and/or Buu.

@Mentos: You took the opportunity provided by Xonar, someone you find "scummy", to unvote OS, presumably because said "scummy" person is pushing for his lynch. When did OS actually change your mind about how his actions are no longer scummy?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Xonar: There's something I need to clear up. How many times have you contacted Ronike about this game, and when did you do so? What did you ask each time, and how, exactly, did you word it? Also, what did you mean by "I don't think that falseclaiming bulletproof/hated/lovers is scummy"?
I've contacted Ronike multiple times. I'll search my history in a while if I saved it and will answer.

Well, falseclaiming lovers is not scummy as eventually we're able to see if you lie, besides, it has no negative impact for town.
Claiming hated I don't mind, as basicly, L-1 can be avoided. If you're going to get lynched, you will be lynched anyways.
Bulletproof... I don't know, I believe you. I don't see a scums reason to claim it as it would get way to much spotlight. That said, I considered the possibility of you taking a risky move as scum, but then considered the fact that it's quite possible that there are multiple scum factions. Afterwards, looking at the player list, I doubt that any of the players beside Jungle, myself, Overswarm, Clownbot, Rockin or Kat would let you go through with the plan. Considering the relation of these players to you, I don't think you'd do something like claim bulletproof as scum. Thus you're bulletproof town. That said, I already said that the 'claiming bulletproof makes you bulletproof' effect still stands in tact.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mentos's recruiter scare does nothing for me. If a recruiter was part of a mafia team, compared to solo (which I adamantly believe will never happen on SWF with the current metagame) or one shot, then he's probably character specific like Vader in Scum Wars (also a Tom game). Babidi comes to mind. As does Vegeta and/or Buu.

@Mentos: You took the opportunity provided by Xonar, someone you find "scummy", to unvote OS, presumably because said "scummy" person is pushing for his lynch. When did OS actually change your mind about how his actions are no longer scummy?
First of all, Xonar, welcome to the game:). Still not sure you're not scum, but you actually provided a reasonable response, so I'm taking you off L-1 so there's at least time to think about it for sure. Unvote at the bottom of the post for Ronike's convenience.

Now, to the above quoted portion of Cello's post: The recruiter idea isn't just there because of HP mafia, although it fit the movement best which is why I used it. Ronike's last game, Test Subject, there was a single recruiting scum, almost like a killing cult. Now, I doubt this same role or something similar is what we have, however, he does have precedent of having recruiters in his games, and since he likes the odd roles, it's something I personally will be definitely keeping in mind.

Now, as to your question Cello, OS has not changed my mind really about finding him scummy. However, some of Xonar's actions threw up big enough red flags that I decided a focused case on him to see his response was the best course of action for the time. Coupled with Xonar/OS being at odds, I wanted to see what would come from Xonar. I said essentially the same idea when SSBF asked me about other suspicions. OS was still up there at the time, but I was feeling more scum from Xonar and wanted to see what came of it because it may have altered my opinion on him.

Unvote: Xonar

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
May 2:
1. Asks if there is a N0 (because of pokemafia and stuff)
2. Asks if other people are guarenteed to find a ball when searching (no, it's a % chance)
3. Asks if you only get a power when you level up (no, you can level up and get no power at all)
You level up WHENEVER you train
4. Asked how Bulma trains (really, does she just read machinery books but still invent new things?)
5. Can you give different balls to different people? (yes)
6. Can you give balls in thread in twilight? (if you aren't being lynched, you can)
7. How long is twilight? (24 hours)
8. How much do I have to pay to have him reveal all night actions (1000 dollars (I passed up on the offer D: ))
----
May 3:
1. Do you confirm it if I give a player a dragonball in thread? (a rule was added that you can't use the trading action if you don't have dragonballs)
2. So I can say I gave my dragonball to, say, mentos, can he get away with saying he received nothing? (As he has told many, he will not allow the action to be posted but not have the dragonballs to the player)
3. What decides who searches for dragonballs first, if, say, there is 1 left and 3 people search? (Can't disclose that information, but if there is a dragonball to find, I WILL find it)
----
May 5:
1. Longass conversation about insulting people on their intelligence and stuff, avoiding getting modkilled. (D: )
----
May 6:
1. Thanks for hosting so far (eh, okay, I guess?)
----
1. Please replace SSBF (no.)

That's all.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So, by May 2, you were aware that you could give individual Balls to other players. I thought that you believed that a player could only trade ALL of their Balls, so that if they tried to trade them to another player we'd know they didn't have them anymore. Why then, did you continue to believe that your plan to mass trade would work, even if Ronike was willing to confirm that someone didn't have any Balls to trade (seeing as scum could slip under the radar by giving their real Balls to someone else to hold, then say Give All Dragonballs to Player, then get them back)?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So, by May 2, you were aware that you could give individual Balls to other players. I thought that you believed that a player could only trade ALL of their Balls, so that if they tried to trade them to another player we'd know they didn't have them anymore. Why then, did you continue to believe that your plan to mass trade would work, even if Ronike was willing to confirm that someone didn't have any Balls to trade (seeing as scum could slip under the radar by giving their real Balls to someone else to hold, then say Give All Dragonballs to Player, then get them back)?
Because someone can simply post the command multiple times or even post the number of stars on a dragonballs back
i.e.
Give dragonball to Mentos (1)
Give dragonball to mentos (2)
Give dragonball to mentos (3)
Give dragonball to mentos (4)
Give dragonball to mentos (5)
Give dragonball to mentos (6)
Give dragonball to mentos (7)
or
Give 1star dragonball to mentos
Give 2star dragonball to mentos
Give 3star dragonball to mentos
Give 4star dragonball to mentos
Give 5star dragonball to mentos
Give 6star dragonball to mentos
Give 7star dragonball to mentos

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Oh, I forgot to factor in that scum can trade balls between each other before we try it, which is also a reason why I gave up the plan.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Just so everyone knows, I can't see how Xonar isn't town. I'm asking what I am to clear up any lingering doubts that scum may try to take advantage of later. After all, looking at his conversations with Ronike, if any one bit was wrong, he'd get immediately lynched. If he didn't ask about how searching works, and get an actual response, then any hole in his story immediately outs him as scum (and I'm inclined to believe this bit completely affirms his Bulma claim, since Ronike said he wouldn't answer questions as to how searching works, but apparently was willing to do so for Xonar).

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I believe you. Forgetting about something that you can't do (trading privately) is lot more reasonable than automatically assuming that you can do something that isn't listed (like OS).

Top Bottom