• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I wanted him to survive would I have my vote on him? No. What I want is for us to actually make use of our day instead of rushing a lynch and potentially ending up on D2 without a good amount of discussion on D1. Seriously, when did smart town play become something that can be used against someone? Has the game gone downhill so much since I last played that suggesting we make use of our day instead of lynching 2 days after the start of the game is considered scummy? Or do you just not have the case you promised on me and are digging for every manipulation of my intentions you can find to make it for you? Because I'm inclined to believe the second.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm not even going to respond to that post, because you'll brush off my arguments as if it's WIFOM just like everyone did with Cello's stuff.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
*Ding ding ding* We have a winner! It has been about 120 posts since Xonar said I was most suspicious to him in the game. He has since changed his vote to OS, and despite being asked for his case against me, has not given anything so far. Then, out of no where, he comes in and posts calling me scummy/saying I'm defending Overswarm, who I am not only voting but also have questioned for his scummy pushing of Nick, for suggesting that town make use of the day instead of rushing it, which as I have said, benefits no one but scum. He doesn't have the case he said he did, instead distracting from it by trying to pull something out that is blatant manipulation of my words. Congratulations and welcome to my watch list.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Although I agree that Overswarm's the play and that we don't need to deadline lynch, hold up a little. The game hasn't even gone on for a full 48 hours yet.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
*Ding ding ding* We have a winner! It has been about 120 posts since Xonar said I was most suspicious to him in the game. He has since changed his vote to OS, and despite being asked for his case against me, has not given anything so far. Then, out of no where, he comes in and posts calling me scummy/saying I'm defending Overswarm, who I am not only voting but also have questioned for his scummy pushing of Nick, for suggesting that town make use of the day instead of rushing it, which as I have said, benefits no one but scum. He doesn't have the case he said he did, instead distracting from it by trying to pull something out that is blatant manipulation of my words. Congratulations and welcome to my watch list.
Distancing.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
First, softly, Nicholas, if you think I'm trying to suggest something like Popcorn in Stump, you're wrong. I really do want to go all-search.

Second, harshly, I'm really ****ing tired of stupid mother****ers calling every ****ing idea that I have dumb-or-scum. Whether you're scum or town, you morons don't even bother deducing my motives. Because that's too much work. It's worse when scum does it, because they justify it as, "Oh, well that's just part of the game" and believe it's true.

Third, TPK questioned my "disappearance" less than 10 hours after my last post. That's hardly disappearing, especially since I was at work for 7 of those hours. If you want to know what I was doing the rest of that time, it was leaving my computer and beating people's ***** at SF4 because I needed to cool off after reading "dumb" and "Cello" said together so many times. Again. And again. Game after game after game.

The problem is in getting one person to have all of the Balls at one time, NOT WHO POSSESSES THEM. The reason for this is that there is only one viable wish: Revive a townie. Night immunity, bringing in another player, other conceivable extra powers; all of these are innately selfish and cannot be corroborated as beneficial for town, and the very action of making such a wish casts doubt on the wisher. If scum chooses to make such a wish, then they will sacrifice a team member for such a benefit, which is a dear price to pay so early.

Execution and trust were the two major issues. How about we go about this this way?
Everyone searches. We can reasonably expect to find all the Balls in at the very least 2 tries, and probably 1. If at least 3 Balls are brought forth, we can very likely test the veracity of every other player's claim, given that 4 scum players on a single team is extremely unlikely in a 15 player game.

The key to this is that we do the Ball pass, but we must do it in a certain sequence. Two people that came forward hold onto their Balls. The third person then passes it to the next person in the player list, who passes it on, who passes it on, and so on, each person declaring how many Balls he or she received/passed on. This makes lying about your Balls futile; if you can't pass them on, then we'll know that you have the ability to privately communicate and gave them to someone else. By having two claimants hold their Balls, we know that any given person in the chain is not aligned with those two people, since they could not chance being caught unable to pass on their Ball. Hopefully, everyone will be honest and pass their Balls on. But, if they do not, that's fine because...

This is a very long and drawn out process. However, the fact that scum will collectively out themselves all at once if they lie makes the process worth it, and virtually guarantees that everyone will play Ball (and reinforces why townies should not hold back Balls).

If we somehow do not find all the Balls, we will at least have them be secure as I can hold onto them overnight, as Hilt surmised, for I am Bulletproof (more or less). This alleviates any potential disaster in having scum Night Kill some random person that had a Dragon Ball. If you all prefer, during the Day, someone else can hold onto them, and I'll just hold onto them at Night.

If someone else wants to make the wish, then I'll be glad to hand them over, when I have six and someone else has the seventh.

Why should we do this? It ensures the Balls are used for our sakes. Yes, it would be great if we could do it later and reap a "greater" benefit from it, but just like Vote-powered Village Idiot in Miller's, it is easiest and least risky to do it now. If we let scum make the wish late-game, they may find it effective to reveal themselves by making an obviously anti-town wish, such as bringing another player into the game (presumably, this player will be the alignment of the wisher, else the wish is hardly "game-breaking"). 4v2, for example would become 3v2, then 2v1, instead of the 5v2 it would have been if a townie was revived. This situation is more likely than the simple town-to-mafia ratio, since they can acquire any Balls we possess by killing us at Night. The longer the game goes and we have no idea who has what Balls, the more likely scum will have acquired them all. This is why I initially soft-claimed (and tried to cover it by saying there's probably a doctor, since I wasn't sure it was the best idea), and why I'm offering to hold them now.

I'm a Hated (sort of, but not really. I can die from lower vote amounts than usual) Bulletproof Lover. Those are the closest approximations of what my abilities are without revealing information I should not. I also cannot be raised by the Dragon Balls, probably because I have already died.
Cello, you have to understand people won't accept your plan with just a snap of the finger. I think it's how you present the idea that makes people think 'dumb or scum.' You have to look at it from other people's POV if anything and how they would likely respond to it. For example, wouldn't you get some type of weird vibes if they said 'I'm not afraid of a night kill, so hand me the dragon balls?' No matter how good of a plan may be, presentation is key.

I agree with you about TPK saying you 'vanished' after you just posted yesterday. It was only yesterday, and it's not like you was barely saying anything. >_>

Your claim is a bit weird (in terms of hated) in terms of the hated being with bulletproof and lover, but it does make sense as to what you said before.

Cello, you take a really long time to make an OMGUS vote.

How about you stop fantasizing about Bulma and how your Dragon Ball Z mafia game would work and go off what we know?

If you have extra information we don't, by all means, do something about it. But right now you just look like a walking viability to the town. You've literally stated, then followed through, on your strategy of "vote for whoever disagrees with me". It's basically the worst town play I've seen, and we have SSBF in this game.
Hey hey, SSBF is not that bad of a player. He's learning. >>;;

Speaking of SSBF though...

@SSBF - It's a bit too early to make such a list this early in the game. It'll be best if you wait around D2 or whatever. Posting fluff will not help you catch scum.

Wait, aren't Lovers generally Masons?
Eh, they are, but there's some key differences.

For one, if one player dies, so does the other Lover in their group.

Second, you're unsure as to what alignment they are (at least, that's how it was portrayed in Hando's TLI mafia (I was a maf lover roleblocker to JF). I think on jf's side, it showed who he was masoned with and that was all. The role spoke as if we were masons (Mind you, my character was a woman and his was a guy.) I think there was a lovers role in HP Mafia (but only Mentos can confirm that. And if there was, I'm unsure if they're told if they're lovers or not).

Okay wow.
This isn't even about the game. It's one thing to insult a person's playstyle, it's one thing to attack somebody's work ethic, the number of time they've posted, or their contribution to the game, but to downright insult somebody's intelligence level is ABSOLUTELY absurd. You ACTUALLY believe that I (and others) are just too stupid to figure out what you are saying? Grow up and just play the game, don't insult my intelligence and don't act like a *******, because then playing this game will just end up being torture; or, am I took stupid to come to that conclusion on my own? Must be, right? Grow up and stop acting like you're so much above everyone else because you've posted your way in circles.

Shut Up.
Keta Kirby, calm down.

No need to get pissy. Instead of responding to insults, you should be scum hunting like the rest of us

@Junglefever - I'll be looking forward to your post, but I'm dissipointed you answered Nich's question AFTER it was said and done by both Cello and Nich.

Overswarm is not looking too good, really. The pressure and reasoning behind Nich is just bad, not to mention I don't like him trying to connect Nich from the possible Lover, Cello. Him wanting the vig to kill Cello is also really bad. What if he was telling the truth? Not to mention we don't know how many more shots the said vig (if he's even in this game) could do. I'd vote for him, but the fact that he claimed 'Hated' has me wanting to back off (least for now)

I agree with Mentos that we should use each day as best as possible (or at least, give Overswarm a chance to claim, fully). Whether he's town or scum, we'll have little information to carry out on the next day, and I rather we try and see if we can find who else is scummy so as to debate/talk for D2. No need to rush things, Xonar. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if people chose to still lynch Overswarm.

I was a bit bothered by Hilt's quick post of a cello wagon, but I'm going to take his word for it now and consider him being sarcastic (However, I do suggest he watch what he says next time. Mafia is srs business.)

Aside from Jungle, I'd like to hear a bit more as to what Clownbot has to say. May have to wait till tomorrow or whatever to hear from Kat after his birthday smex party.

also, Mentos, you get townie points from me for bringing up TLI. :D

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
What exactly is happening with the OS wagon? Is it cus he's fluffy and was role-fishing? I don't understand it... and it's at L-3 now. I don't like it.

(0) hilt: Swords

Odd? I hope other people noticed this.

Also, it's surprising how few of you I like so far. Oh, my first vote, lovely.
vote Xonar
I'm amazed at how many little remarks you can make with no reason or explanation behind them. Half the things you say can be passed off as a joke if you feel you're in trouble. I don't agree with you on any of the three people you suggest to be scum... what else?

To me it looks like you're buddying Cello, who's made it clear that people who oppose him are scum, and people that agree are good. And the reason you trust Cello... is that you meta'd town on him lol. I've watched most of the games Cello has played on this site, the game he played on AIB, and I've played countless AIM games with him. Going off of my own meta alone, I'd honestly say he's scum (Newbie 3 is a wonderful example of Cello using a reckless scum strategy.)

I hope your elaboration is good when you get to it.

D

Deleted member

I thought it was a typo. it would be lame if swords was voteless.

D

Deleted member

@Cello Marl: Regarding your idea that the only non-selfish way is bringing townies back to life, even that has risks. See, when bringing player back to life, we have no idea what alignment they have. For all we know, they could be another addition to the Mafia crew, which is Mafioso's best dream and Townie's worst nightmare. Every wishes will most likely come with bad consequences

Even if the player is an confirmed townie, they're most likely going to die in the same night as well. Unless we have a doctor continuously protecting the person, the person is most likely screwed in the same night. Basically, we're bringing back something that's going to expire. Either way, bringing back townies to life, even as townies, may only have short-term benefits, unless they are townies and only THEY and the mods know they are townie.

As a matter of fact, the only possible risk-free wish is knowing one of the confirmed scums and even then, we're not sure if it's going to be part of the predetermined list of wishes. If townies can wish, we have to consider not only the benefits, but the consequences. Same goes to everyone else.

I also really wished you didn't claim that early. Why did you claim? You could have used the opportunity to save yourself in the near future with a honest claim and people might believe you.

@Hilt (Post #285): Why would you want a quick lynch? We have time. For all you know, we could find another suspect more suspicious then Cello_Marl. If no one else is acting scummier then him, we can still lynch him, but let's not do it until at least forty-eight hours before the deadline. Therefore, we'll be able to gather more evidence on other people and we can more easily consider them suspects for the next day.

Time for me to response to Xonar's Post #286:

Xonar said:
Wow so much to reply to, but I just like to say that SSBF, you shouldn't base town/scum reads on activity and content.
I'm not. I'm looking for a variety of other things in the game. Such as how much they scum hunt, contradictions they make, bad posts, fluffs, and anything that screams scummy.

Xonar said:
That said, I suggested a potentially good idea for town, that's more than people like YOU have done.
Your idea, in my opinion, wouldn't work out at all. I shouldn't even be responding to this because Ronike already said it was an mod-killable offense to try to trade with other people when they don't have Dragon balls, even when all seven balls are collected.

Even if it wasn't against the rules, I don't think it's very good. If we were to do that, scums would be able to know which townie has a Dragon ball. Then they can make a list of people to kill during the night until they get through all of them and make an wish that will not only be game breaking, but also damaging (Potentially destroying) the Townies hope for victory. Your idea is very dangerous and I'm not supporting it.

Xonar said:
Beside that, there was hardly ANYTHING I could contribute as there was only some moronic discussion about Nick's plan.
Actually, there was something you could contribute to. You could have pointed out scum tells that other people have not gotten to, took part in discussion by Overswarm and Cello_Marl, or better yet, you could have posted a lot earlier. And don't use your timezone as an excuse, The Paprika Killer posted way before you, so unless you have a job, there's no excuse for not posting earlier.

There was a few options to talk about.

I'll answer Nicholas1024's question about Cello_Marl's holding the Dragon ball.

I don't find it scummy, but I think it's a very, very, bad idea, as a matter of fact, dangerous. If he's scum, we're screw and they most likely win with a wish. If he's town, he will still put us in danger. If he has all seven Dragon balls and gets lynched/night killed, scum will most likely be involved. Scum can do an quick hammer on him and gather all seven Dragonballs, thus it's a most likely win for scum. Night kills means they get it, period. The only way to avoid this is to NOT only kill a scum, but kill THE scum with the Dragon balls. The chances of that happening is very low. So no, if Cello_Marl wants to get all seven Dragon balls, he needs to wish fast because townies can't waste time. Same applies to everyone.

However, Cello_Marl is getting more scummy by the minutes.

@Hilt (Post #314): Sarcasm or not, that wasn't necessary. We have to be serious in Mafia games, especially when a serious discussion is going on.

Overswarm'a idea to stop the WIFOM spiral.

I am not interested in #1. That brought me a lot of Twilight Phase heat (Especially from Meta-Kirby) and the reason why I almost never got here. Plus, there is a chance that Ronike can blacklist us for self-hammering.

I think #2 and #3 goes together. They all take place during the very end of the Day/Twilight Phase. However, I'm not comfortable with either.

But another idea. We should trade both shortly before lynch and after lynch. We need to be able to confuse the scum on who to kill, so everyone with Dragon balls need to trade twice Per Day, unless you're the person getting lynch (In that case, once a day). If it's possible give it to multiple people who you trust as town as Hilt suggested.

@Junglefever: Nice to see you finally contribute. However, tell me how it said nothing?

I did tell who I thought were acting scummy, so at least give credit for that.

After most people went after me for making a list, I decided that I will not be doing another one of these for the remainder of the game. However, I will give reports on how my suspects are doing:

The Paprika Killer: He's been improving recently. He managed to actually make decent contribution to the game today, so he climbs up to my 3rd top suspect list. He's still on my watch list, thought.

Cello_Marl: Not really liking him at all. I already explained that I didn't like his idea to hold on to the Dragon balls. I also thought his claim was seriously unnecessary and if he is town, then he wasted an opportunity to save himself later. If he is the lynch today, I won't mind moving my vote to him.

Xonar: Still my top suspect, so my vote on him is staying for now. His vote on Mentosman8 was without explanation, then when he unvoted and voted for Overswarm, he decided to complain about Mentosman8 defending Overswarm, which was an huge amount of skimming. I also really hated the fact that he insulted Meta-Kirby, which is just sad.

OK, this post was a lot bigger then I thought it would be. But to close it, I want to ask you guys a question.

Who do you think are the scummiest people here now? You can list up to five, since there's a good possibility of five people being non-townies. Make sure to explain why you choose these are your suspects.

And what do I need to respond to? I will do that as soon as possible.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
back guys - I fell from 12000ft, heart attacks galore omg! let me read and reread I'll hopefully have something posted very soon.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vote: Clown

Where you at on this
Currently catching up with thread. About 8 or so new pages every time I check back because I'm gone for half the day and even when I have some time to review the thread everything is all helter-skelter.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Been a while since I've done one of these. Welcome my indepth analysis of scumnar's play so far.

Okay Jungle, I guess I'll have to do with you man. So the thing is, me and Ryker were gonna be in-game hydra's. You mind doin' dat **** niggha?
Sup Jungle what's yo role and who do you think is suspect let's get this hydra rollin
:ohwell:
Cello is insane if he thinks I'm going to trust him with my balls [lol] even if we do a mass-search. On the topic of mass-searching, I think bulma having a 100% chance or summit is kinda farfetched, but yeah.
Jokingly rolefishing. More importantly carrying a joke that was not running at all into actual discussion. Not a big thing, but there. Then you say on the topic of mass-searching followed by... Well... Nothing at all related to the topic. Good job there.

I haven't completely read OS's post yet, but I'm going to suggest something:
I say we make everyone post the command of trading a dragonball tomorrow with someone else, that way we know who has a dragonball for future trading, this way scum can't get away with lying that they have no dragonball. After the trade, the person who received the ball should trade it back, if he doesn't, he's guarenteed scum.
With that said, I agree to a mass search tonight.
Wow, way to suggest we do something that could potentially get everyone with no dragonballs modkilled. Why would you suggest that we do something that is BLATANTLY AGAINST THE RULES? I know this has already been brought up, but that's like saying "everyone post your role pm!" Also, for later notice, you currently agree with a mass search.

The faster we wish the more broken town will be.
Fluff. Also still in favor of mass search.

Those are no problems, lol. Think about it.

People without balls (this game is gonna be epic) will use the command and then Ronike will deconfirm their ability to trade, allowing us to know who doesn't have balls xD and who does.
You wouldn't have to trust someone else, if the other person doesn't trade it back he's instantscum and will be lynched without a doubt.
Still pushing this idea. Also, even if it WEREN'T against the rules, if scum gets one ball and bounces it around before making their posts saying to trade them, town ends up endlessly searching even if all balls are in play.

Scum won't receive anything, we can make pairs and have those people trade with each other, with a 3 man pair because there are 15 (with 2 kills 13 i guess?) people.

Scum knowing who has balls and who not is, admittedly, a disadvantage, but say we have someone who can be cleared tomorrow with a good claim n stuff (which is not all that farfetched in this setup tbh) we can get a wish on d2...!
You assume that we'll be able to find all the balls by D2, suggest outting a role that would be insta-cleared(meaning, a strong claim that would be better to hide for a while), all for the sake of getting one wish earlier than later. Coupled with the fact that scum can easily hide their balls, don't see how this is even potentially advantageous as a plan.

Right, didn't factor this in. Nvm then.
Here's your response to it being pointed out just one of the problems with your plan. One liner, just give up on it.

Aka I don't want to mass search
Suddenly against mass search because not everyone can use the trade command. Well, if you were still behind your idea of doing so, this would make sense. However, you say this rule changes your opinion despite already ruling out your plan to have everyone post the command. Since you had given up on your plan, why is it that you decide no mass searching apparently solely because said plan couldn't work... Makes sense?(this was in response to Ronike's 185 in which he makes the consequences clear.)

I'm not sure if I find Cello scummy or not yet. Should think this over but I really cba atm. Excuse moi.
Hm, don't know if he's scummy or not, but can't be bothered to try to figure it out right now. Ride the fence much?

Telling it defeats the purpose. Read his posts.
Don't see the point of this post. Essentially fluff

Wow TPK, I don't like your vibes at all.
Vote: TPK

He has a theory, let him do what he wants to do. You're also mass buddying Cello, me not like.
Vote on TPK, calling him out for buddying Cello(which wasn't the case as you admit in just a few posts, I'll respond to that when I get there). I also want to point out that you find him buddying Cello scummy. We'll get to why that's important later.

Having a first vote on Cello is irrelevant.
As TPK said, voting for someone and being decidedly against their ideas very much is relevant with an accusation of buddying.

LOL replacement gonna die mayne
Um, what replacement? Worthless fluff post.

Yeah TPK wasn't buddying but also distancing and I accidently took it both as the same.

Don't get the resistance to Nick's plan, just let the guy do his job man.
Yes, because the ideas of buddying and distancing are so very close that you clearly got them mixed up. If you're going to pull something like that, at least don't say you thought two words with extremely different meanings were "both the same".

People can hardly make a hard stance this early based on 1 action.
And yet, you want to take a hard stance to the point of lynching about 24 hours later. Was that one day REALLY such a big difference from that. Why do you think it's too early for people to have a hard stance yesterday, but today think the entire town should agree to a lynch?

Lol

100laughs
Wow, what a great post! Fluff extreme

Wow so much to reply to, but I just like to say that SSBF, you shouldn't base town/scum reads on activity and content. That said, I suggested a potentially good idea for town, that's more than people like YOU have done. Beside that, there was hardly ANYTHING I could contribute as there was only some moronic discussion about Nick's plan.
/reading..
A post that pretty much says "I don't know" in a whole paragraph. Not to mention, you suggested a "potentially good idea for town"? The only plan you suggested was for people to explicitly break the rules. How is this even potentially good? In fact, if anything, it was feigning activity for a "plan" that obviously would never go through because it was against the rules. Felt it necessary to make yourself sound good for doing nothing that could have possibly helped?

I wonder how anyone can still find Cello scummy, after playing several games with him I think I somewhat knows what goes on in his head. I'm really not liking Mentos atm, most of everyone. Unvote, Vote: Mentos
Cello, while I agree that OS isn't looking that good, don't you want to go with Mentos first?
I think most is said and done, there is no reason to just parrot Cello to gain 'town points'. Why would I shoot when the bullseye is already hit?
Hm, earlier you said you didn't know what to think about Cello, now suddenly you don't see how anyone can find him scummy? Oh wait, it's after he has come out and claimed and explained what he was doing. So uh, where does the whole playing games with him have any relevance? That's right, it doesn't anymore because the entire thought process was spelled out. This is also the post where you first express suspicion of me. Incidentally, it's your first content-containing post since Cello expressed suspicion of me. You also immediately jump to OS, which is in fact your first opinion on him all game, also after Cello expressed suspicion on him. I'll get back to this in a little bit as well.

If not, they can be given to someone who can be cleared on d2 due to role, there's enough chance that such a role exists.
Yep, great idea yet again, outting a role that can be considered inst-cleared on D2. Outting roles like that early is definitely the best course of action /sarcasm.

Nice fluff there OS.
Nice fluff there Xonar.

OS, you're assuming Cello knows the wishes and knows that he can wish to be unlynchable, while that isn't even sure AT ALL. Too much of a gambit to do that.
Actually, he was suggesting that anyone who makes a wish may have wishes available not listed in the OP that are very much worth it for scum to make, even if it involves sacrificing one for them.

Assumptions assumptions...
More fluff, yay!

True, we can still just lynch though.

Btw, OS, pointing out that him claiming bulletproof effectively made him bulletproof without being bulletproof destroys the use of claiming, because he might not be bulletproof anymore... if you catch my drift. Sigh.
*facepalm* I'm not even sure what that first line refers to, probably relating to OS pointing out that scum getting the dragonballs is bad? The second point is just fluff, straight up. Not to mention, OS NEVER SAID THAT! He never even suggested the idea that Cello wasn't actually bp in the post you were responding to.

Not saying his claim was false though
Nice follow up. Really. Can you stop the fluff? Or were you just trying to make up for putting the idea you came up with in your post before this one?

With the players in this game, I am amazed someone figured it out.

Besides, I don't think that falseclaiming bulletproof/hated/lovers is scummy.
Pointless insults, followed by one of the worst lines I have EVER seen in a mafia game. False-claiming isn't scummy? Since when!?! If someone is lying about their claim it is exceptionally scummy, and they should be lynched/vigged as soon as it's made clear that they lied. Terrible, terrible post.

Kill mentos
Ohai! Second time you've mentioned me all game on a one liner not even 2 days into the game. What were you saying earlier about it being too early to have a hard stance? But oh, Cello is suspicious of mentos, so kill him!

I think self hammering is best because Bulma is most probably town aligned and she probably has a scouter (or can train to get one)
Pointless speculation, and what does that have to do with anything. First of all self hammering is not the best course of action, second of all, what does the rest of that have to do with anything? "oh, it's best to let them be lost from play, because there's possibly a character that possibly has an ability that will help find them! Or may not have an ability but can train to get one!" That is speculation gone crazy to support a move that isn't inherently better than any other solution.

I confirm to have asked Ronike about it.
Knowledge is power.
Yay, 2 great one line posts. The first one for... No real reason. Ronike stated multiple players asked him about it, why was there a need for you to jump out and say "I DID!"? You weren't being questioned about if you did, it has no bearing on the game, just an attempt to get an extra post in. The second post I can't say the same about solely because you were asked after the first.

Yeah doc protect me.

OS, could you stop buddying me with that pls. ty.
Response to OS saying someone protect you, which strikes me as wrong. What bothers me more is this is the second time you call someone out for buddying, when you have been buddying Cello for a while now, and it gets worse coming up.

Unvote, vote: OS
Wonderful reasonless vote change. Oh wait! Your reason was because Cello told you to, that's right. Way to think for yourself and not just blindly follow someone who is not clear.

Everyone not voting or not voting overswarm/hilt/mentos needs to rethink
And what a twist! After Cello adds hilt to his list of who he thinks is scum and says that the scumteam is OS, me, and hilt early D1(not sure why there's speculation of the scum-team this early, although I expect it from Cello), you say that everyone not following one of Cello's choices needs to rethink. Yep, makes sense for everyone to do what an unclear wants.

Shows the level of idiocricy in this game.

Shower then elaborate on Mentos.
More petty insults, followed by your promise that you will elaborate on the case you supposedly have against me.

Will probably do it some time soonish, kinda cba atm. Sowwies.
Oh, for the second time this game, you "cba" to do something. First it was thinking over what was going on with Cello, now with making a case against someone you're dead-set is scum. Why don't you actually post something useful for once this game instead of just being unwilling to make the effort? You throw out insults when you have done nothing all day except suggest everyone break the rules, and aren't willing to do anything useful for the game.

Admitting to skimming *thumbs up*
Yay fluff

Omg lynch OS already
Pushing for a quicklynch. From this point on I have responded to all of your posts and this analysis will come to an end.

I'm going to Unvote for now.

Xonar, you have flip-flopped on stances, tried to take credit for helping town by suggesting an idea that could not have gone through seeing as it was explicitly forbidden by the rules. You have called people out for buddying, but ever since Cello's big posts around when he claimed have buddied him entirely, to the point of calling anyone not voting one of his suspicions idiots. Many of your posts are throwaways. You said yesterday that it was too early for any single person to have a hard stance yet, but today you suggest we quicklynch OS. You claim to have a case on me, then when you say you will post it you "cba" to do so, and proceed to distract from that fact by calling me scummy for suggesting a blatantly pro-town maneuver. I do not like your play so far, and you have earned yourself a nice high spot on my suspicions.

Oh, and before you say it, this is not OMGUS, seeing as I have laid a pretty thorough case, so no shooting back "OH MY GOD YOU SUCK! YOU'RE JUST VOTING ME CUZ IM SUSPICIOUS OF U!"

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, SSBF just reminded me of another thing to watch out for. Bringing people back from the dead is great and all. Until mafia has a recruiter. This is something we will need to stay acutely cautious of when making our wish. Once again I'll reference HP mafia. N1, town aligned Dumbledore(doc) died n1. He was brought back the next day by Hermione with a time-turner ability. That night he was recruited as scum. He had been confirmed town by the mod so everyone let him live without question, but come the end of the game town was a person short of what they expected, and their trust of him cost them, because they wasted a lynch on me. Overall, just keep that in mind in case I end up dying before any dragonball wishes are made.

M.K

Level 55
Keta Kirby, calm down.

No need to get pissy. Instead of responding to insults, you should be scum hunting like the rest of us
First of all, get my name right. It's only 9 letters, shouldn't be that difficult. If it's too much to manage, just say "MK".
I fail to see how anybody thus far is effectively or, better yet, convincingly scumhunting. It's just all of you arguing about how the others argue about the plans being good/bad and those who aren't arguing just making more plans that are all so vague that nobody can trust you.
Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, will follow a plan that involves "waiting for D2 and not lynching me", "trusting me completely/doing what I say", or "giving total control to Player X". You're playing off the fact that you think we're dumb still, but the truth is we REALLY can't trust anyone at this point and it should be obvious that you'll get **** back from other players about what you say. You're asking ....like, I can't believe it, this is dumb, you're asking to put total faith in you and you are asking to run the game. No, well, no from me at least.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
First of all, get my name right. It's only 9 letters, shouldn't be that difficult. If it's too much to manage, just say "MK".
Bleh, sorry. I was sure there was a M there. ><;;

and even worse, I'm noticing now I still have a vote when the joking is obviously over

Unvote

Also, welcome back, Kat.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Most of SSBF's posts have been fluff and when he actually posts his scum reads they're fairly weaksauce imo. Occasionally there's some parroting thrown in as well, especially what he's had to say about Cello. His suspicion of Xonar is a bit... Out of the blue to me, but it's not particularly convincing.

I'm not getting a huge scum read on any of the most popular players. I don't even see why people are finding OS, Hilt, Mentos, Nich, and- who else is there?- suspicious.

D

Deleted member

I'm sure Rockin was just kidding there.

Meta-Kirby said:
I fail to see how anybody thus far is effectively or, better yet, convincingly scumhunting. It's just all of you arguing about how the others argue about the plans being good/bad and those who aren't arguing just making more plans that are all so vague that nobody can trust you.
Nobody, I repeat NOBODY, will follow a plan that involves "waiting for D2 and not lynching me", "trusting me completely/doing what I say", or "giving total control to Player X". You're playing off the fact that you think we're dumb still, but the truth is we REALLY can't trust anyone at this point and it should be obvious that you'll get **** back from other players about what you say. You're asking ....like, I can't believe it, this is dumb, you're asking to put total faith in you and you are asking to run the game. No, well, no from me at least.
I do agree about not trusting people with Dragon Balls, but the problem with this post is where you say that no one has efficently scum hunt. I really do disagree with this. Mentosman8 just made a big post regarding Xonar's scummy actions and he has an huge suspicion on him. That is scum hunting. And it's just one example of it.

I think your statement in saying that no one is scum hunting is far fechted.

D

Deleted member

@Meta-Kirby: I also like for you to know that the statement that we need more scum hunters is relatively hypocritical of you. You want more scum hunting, but you have done barely anything yourself. The only time I can recall you actually scum hunting is when you made a paragraph response to The Paprika Killer and FoS him.

Other then that, you have done very little scum hunting. And before saying that Xonar's response count, like Rockin said, you were responding to insults, not scummy posts.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I fail to see how anybody thus far is effectively or, better yet, convincingly scumhunting.
Congratulations, you've just made possibly the worst blanket statement I have ever seen in a game of mafia. I mean, seriously? There have been some quality cases thrown at TPK, Overswarm and Xonar, and you're going to say not one person is effectively scumhunting? Seriously? You haven't made one legit comment all game on anyone being scum or town (the half-baked attack on TPK doesn't count), just a few moronic comments about Rockin not getting your name right, and nobody doing anything you consider useful.

FOS^infinity^infinity: MK

@mentos
I like that case on Xonar. PBPA are usually overrated, but I like this one. It shows that he's posted a lot and yet done very little that's useful.

Current scumlist:
OS
TPK
Xonar
MK

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Just posting to say, I think I've seen the word "fluff" more times in this thread than any other time in my life.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just posting to say, I think I've seen the word "fluff" more times in this thread than any other time in my life.
What use is this? Are too many people posting fluff or are there too many accusations of it?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Your post looked like it was trying to make some sort of point (which it apparently wasn't) which missed the mark.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Well I originally didn't attend to have a point but sure. I do think people are flinging around the term too loosely and like it's some huge scumtell.

M.K

Level 55
Okay, yes, I'm sorry for that statement. There are some people who are scum hunting and I respect that; however, there are JUST AS MANY people who believe they are scum hunting, but epically failing at it, or fluffin' it up (add another to the count Sold); they THINK that they are doing something, when they aren't. At all. They are talking themselves in circles. V_V

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Maybe you could be less vague and tell us who's actually suspicious to you right now.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
here we go overflow

this game is going to be a pain to reread >_>

this post: #261 - ssbf many of your observations are exactly that... observations. how do these observations show someone is scum? I'm not seeing what you're thinking because I can't see that link. please go deeper into your reads. also answer my previous question and that would be sooopah thanks!
I'd consider it a success because of the reactions TPK and Overswarm posted against my list. They both reacted by attacking me in a scummy manner, and gave me something to go off of. That's why I'd consider it a success.
thanks for telling me this... but so what? please explain why your reads on TPK and Swarm mean anything based on an incomplete list. could this have otherwise affected your reads?

vote: nich

right, as a side note I think you defeated the validity of your [incomplete] list because you highlighted attacking you is a possible scumtell - so you debriefed too soon, it's very possible the answers you got beyond your post could have been tainted by your premature perceptions on TPK's/Swarm. so yeah in a nutshell your reads look very confident and I don't understand their basis, I guess explaining them in more detail would enlighten me a little more so thanks in advance.

also btw this post: #300. why did you say this? you're saying if cello does anything but this type of wish it implies he's scum, so why didn't you take into consideration an anti-town wish he could make as scum? This makes me question as to why you get such a strong town read on Cello.
_

OS, who are you actually finding suspicious? Is Nich scum or just dumb (in your opinion, because I rather disagree with your thoughts in this whole argument with him)?
o really? don't let me stop you being vague - please elaborate. what particular points?

But seriously, I have a plan.
yes yes we've all heard this many times! wasn't your beef with cello based on the level of trust players can place into a single player? why should players (in your case: volunteers) place their trust in you specifically with this 'plan'? D2 could be distracting. more importantly why are you planning to pursue with a plan you know is going to fail? This is the biggest problem I'm seeing with this right now.

also because I'm always really curious --> explain #291. ssbf hints the distinction between a lurker and a useless player - why did you go into such detail to ensure he understands why lurkers should go? wouldn't answering his question be a primary focus? why didn't you answer his question?
_

hilt/swords who are your suspicions right now? mention anyone but each other.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Okay, yes, I'm sorry for that statement. There are some people who are scum hunting and I respect that; however, there are JUST AS MANY people who believe they are scum hunting, but epically failing at it, or fluffin' it up (add another to the count Sold); they THINK that they are doing something, when they aren't. At all. They are talking themselves in circles. V_V
You're describing yourself more than anyone else currently, so you know.

and @clownbot, no I don't think it's a scumtell and why are you asking so many questions about this. If it was a scumtell, half the players in the game would be scummy to me at this point =/.

M.K

Level 55
Maybe you could be less vague and tell us who's actually suspicious to you right now.
Agreeed.
In school today, I've been reading through these posts and my head is spinning. It's definitely one of the quickest transitions from RVS-->**** gets real in any of my games.

That being said:

The top 3 that I feel are overwhelmingly giving off scum vibes are:
-Cello
-Overswarm.

Wait a minute, lemme just stop here.
This back-and-forth between you two is excruciatingly hard to read. I honestly can't tell which of you is the scum, but I'm pretty sure that one of you is.
Early early early in the day, Cello suggested that we trust someone with the wish. However, as OS pointed out, we shouldn't be forced to all do the same thing at night and, therefore, all trust one person with the wish.
In my opinion, Cello seems the scummier one on this point. Because he suggests we try and trust one person with the wish, I would NO DOUBT imagine that he'd advocate his own (or one of his scum buddies that he's probably distancing NOW) use of the wish. Overswarm is more correct in this regard.
ASSUMING Cello's theory, which is flawed, 7 out of 15 people would get dragon balls if we all searched for one. The possibility of scum getting dragonballs is AT LEAST 3/15, so...well, I'm no statatician, but I'd have to say that this "town bonding" thing isn't going to work. I doubt ALL town members would go out of their way to announce that they are town, they have a dragonball, and they are willing to trust one person to a wish that they have no idea what it is, AND could possibly only benefit one person.
I think it would be best if he have accountability from people and have them declare what actions (of search and train) they took the Night before.
I just don't like this quote from Cello, demanding the game to annouce their ****. There is a certain level of ambiguity that, as a player, you aim to withhold; however, Cello seems to want to shatter through this barrier, and he forgets that people can lie. I feel like it would cause just so much....information that loops and loops and knots itself into a ball of nothingness.
This goes on, but ultimately I feel indifferent about this situation. They must be opposing roles, I'm almost positive.

-SSBF
-Xonar

These two are on the opposite sides of the spectrum; one (SSBF) posts SO MANY words and says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I don't understand how posting Great Walls of Text with NOTHING in them is any better than an inactive player. He flip flops when he finds that his stance isn't exactly the majority rule, and he makes generalizations based on people's attitudes. His statements are incredibly wrong most of the time, or without bases at all.
Example :
See, when bringing player back to life, we have no idea what alignment they have.
How does he know this, is the question.
Also personally, since I find Cello scummy, I find the statement that SSBF "doesn't find his plan scummy, but thinks its a bad idea" pretty scummy in itself. You can be either or, in my opinion, you're either gung-ho or no way about it.
AND THEN IN THE SAME POST (this is post 409 btw) he says Cello is scummier by the minute. Wut. Seems like someone who realized halfway through his post that he should wring out his scumbuddy a little bit to avoid suspicion and started talking out of his ***.
Oh yeah, and I still don't like anything he says. Stop calling me out on **** too. Just because I'm not posting walls (this might be a mini wall, sorry) doesn't mean I'm not examining all information. I don't need to post walls of nothingness like you just to feel important ^_^.

Xonar, on the other hand, says things that I FIND to BE impacting, however, he doesn't say all that much about them (i.e. explaining things). His post suggesting a "Dragonball Trade" was....pretty horrible lol. You can almost tell who's going to do what tonight based on what peopel say. Then he continues in one of his succeeding posts to advocate the idea...calls people on things that he does (see mentos #412, has alot of good points that I agree with).

People I like:
-Mentos
-Rockin
-Nich

People Who....wait, what?:
-Hilt
-Sold2
-Clownbot

People who I wouldn't mind lynching:
-Cello
-SSBF
-Xonar

People I wouldn't mind lynching, but would prefer one of the above:
-Overswarm

M.K

Level 55
Add Kat to the "People Who...wait, what?" List.
That basically means I haven't seen enough of them to determine good or bad.

D

Deleted member

Kataefi said:
what was really good about it? =? why have you placed yourself in charge of townie points? Why are townie points important in finding scum?
That post was responsible for jumpstarting us into serious discussions and the fantastic activity we've been treated with yesterday, the day before, and today. Let's hope it continues throughout the rest of the game.

I do not place myself in charge of townie points. All I was doing was complimenting Overswarm on that post.

Townie points aren't important in the game, they're just here to tell something they're doing good. However, "Town" is the 2nd most common usage for Mafia, behind "Scum". That means that we need to focus on Townies almost as much as scums, just that we don't need to do an massive observation like I did on everyone.

If the results aren't satisfying or if they dodge one of your questions, ask me and I will fix my answer.

Kataefi said:
this post: #261 - ssbf many of your observations are exactly that... observations. how do these observations show someone is scum? I'm not seeing what you're thinking because I can't see that link. please go deeper into your reads. also answer my previous question and that would be sooopah thanks!
The reason why I did an analysis on everyone is because this is an common tactic used on Mafiascum to determind who is town and who is scum. However, I'll make sure not to do that again, since they're frowned upon.

And you might want to unvote. You voted for Nicholas1024, but you didn't unvote, so you technically still have a vote on me. Just wanted you to know that you should correct a mistake.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@clownbot, no I don't think it's a scumtell and why are you asking so many questions about this. If it was a scumtell, half the players in the game would be scummy to me at this point =/.
Posting "fluff" (by definition of some of the players here, that is. Because if there's an actual definition out there then some people aren't using that word correctly) every now and then isn't a scumtell, and I'll agree that this accusation gets flung around a lot. Too much, even.

However, some people in this game
coughSSBFcough
post excessive amounts of fluff and very little else. Now, I'm not sure how you define fluff but if it's the same way I do (pretending to contribute when you're not really saying anything of substance) then I don't see what's not scummy about it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Kataefi, you've got it wrong. It's not just that they attacked me, it's the manner in which they did so. They both attacked me claiming "I put words into their mouths", when I simply posted what they had said/heavily implied in the thread. TPK's a clearer example, let me show you.

He posts:
Big thing about how horrible Cello's idea is, and that it makes him very scummy.
I post in my list:
TPK finds Cello's idea bad and Cello scummy.
He posts:
Hey, I never said Cello's scummy, he's just dumb.

Which is a clear contradiction and very scummy. I can dig up quotes if you like.

D

Deleted member

@Meta-Kirby: I actually do like your analysis on everyone, even me. However, there's two things I want to point out:

1. You listed Overswarm as a lynch candidate, yet you didn't give reasons why you wanted him lynched. Would be nice if you explained why you find Overswarm scummy.

Meta-Kirby said:
Example :
See, when bringing player back to life, we have no idea what alignment they have.
How does he know this, is the question.
It should be obvious why. Mentosman8 already had to explain this. Here is the direct quote from him:

Mentosman8 said:
Also, SSBF just reminded me of another thing to watch out for. Bringing people back from the dead is great and all. Until mafia has a recruiter. This is something we will need to stay acutely cautious of when making our wish. Once again I'll reference HP mafia. N1, town aligned Dumbledore(doc) died n1. He was brought back the next day by Hermione with a time-turner ability. That night he was recruited as scum. He had been confirmed town by the mod so everyone let him live without question, but come the end of the game town was a person short of what they expected, and their trust of him cost them, because they wasted a lynch on me. Overall, just keep that in mind in case I end up dying before any dragonball wishes are made.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Let me go further with what Clownbot is saying. Posting your top suspect is good. Top 2 or 3 is alright if you need to. Going through the whole list is just a bad idea. You're just telling scum how they should be acting to seem townie to you, who they should night kill, and who's safe to lynch. I believe someone else has already said this in this thread.

=/
Read more, MK. You just did a no-no.

M.K

Level 55
I didn't go through the whole list and I CLEARLY delineated just a few suspects. I really don't think that list at the end is that big of a deal. The people you'll wanna look at from my post are the four I highlighted (Cello, OS, SSBF, Xonar).

M.K

Level 55
@SSBF, you're response is an example from a different game? That's not exactly cutting it. What I meant was that you have no idea how the 'resurrection" process occurs and it's unreasonable to assume that we won't know their alignment if they are resurrected.

Top Bottom