• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
And yet, you were the first person to speak about trading individual Balls. The rules were different at the beginning of the game, and surely you don't expect us to believe you just NOW read them?
No, I read the rules beforehand. I was not aware however that everyone had throw their dragonballs in one huge chunk; nothing in the rules said that. The rule result was due to "most people" asking about it so I don't think I'm in the minority here.

You've been gunning for me since I turned you down from your "everyone give me the dragon balls" and made not one, not two, but three claims for your character unprovoked. Tunnel less, plox.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, Overswarm can go, as nobody seems to want to attack TPK.

Unvote
Vote: Overswarm

Ronike

Smash Ace
Vote Count (8/15 to Lynch)
(3) overswarm: Cello, Xonar, Nick
(2) xonar: Jungle, SSBF
(2) super smash bros. fan: Rockin, Kat
(1) rockin: Clown
(1) nicholas1024: TPK
(1) cello_marl: Hilt
(1) hilt: Swords
(0) Jungle:
(0) clownbot:
(0) kataefi:
(0) the paprika killer:
(0) swordsrbroken:
(0) mentosman8:
(0) meta-kirby:
(0) sold2:

Not Voting: Meta, Sold, OS, Mentos

I would also like to remind everyone that the game has only been running for a day and a half, so no prods yet.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
This sucks. My massive quote-post is in ruins due to my computer acting like an *** or something like that. Which is why I'm behind. However, I can at least give my opinion on other people, since I have read up. With that said. let's go from towniest to the scummiest:

Me:

Super Smash Bros. Fan: 'cause I am. Okay, let's cut the joke and get to serious business.

Townies:

1. Nicholas1024

High Activity Level, High Content Level

Time to unvote, Nicholas1024 claims the top spot. I admire him for taking a lot of risks during the game and making significant contribuation to the game. He's been active as of today and has made a strong case on The Paprika Killer. I have an very strong town read on him.

2. Overswarm:

High Activity Level, High Content Level

Another fantastic player in the game. He was a townie in my image from the moment he made his first serious post. That post was the reason why we've managed to accumulate so much success from this game. Not to mention having an very strong argument against Cello_Marl and proving the danger of what Cello_Marl's suggestions could do. However, he has slightly declined in quality. Ever since we've moved on to pure scum hunting, I haven't seen him around too much. Plus I really don't like his suggestion on killing the inactives first. Neverthless, he still has a strong town read.

3. Mentosman8:

Low-Mid Activity Level, Moderate Content Level

Not the most active in the game, but he has posted a lot of substances in all of his posts (Aside from his random vote, but we can excuse that). They contain very good arguments and actually encourage people to actually move on to important stuffs in Mafia games. I have a town read on him.

4. Sold2:

Medium Activity Level, Moderate Content Level

He could be a bit more active now, but he's still a good player. He posts a fair amount of contents in the game and like Mentos, he also made the suggestion to move out of unecessary discussions. However, he's not above Mentosman8 because he complained about very big posts. Sorry, but we're going to need them in this game. I have an considerable town read on him.

5. Hilt:

Low Actvity Level, Moderate Content Level

Another decent player in the game. I haven't seen many posts from him either, but he has done a fair share of scum hunting in this game. He made some very good points against Overswarm in this game. However, I'd apperciate if he did more then just respond to people, particularly Overswarm. I have an slight town read on him.

Null Reads:

To be honest, they haven't been acting scummy, but for most, I want to hear more out of them:

6. Rockin:

Low Activity Level, Low-Mid Content Level

The top of my null read list. Now I know he's a good player, but I'm looking for more out of him. Sure he's done a bit of scum hunting, but not much. I will admit that he has made a couple of good posts throughout the game. However, he has been inactive. I have an null read that'll lean toward town if he'll contribute more.

7. Meta-Kirby:

Low Activity Level, Low Content Level

Nothing really suspicious pops out of my head of him now, but I have noticed that he has not doe much scum hunting in the game, plus being relatively inactive. However, he has posted some substances in his posts, so he's getting an null read.

8. Clownbot:

He was looking OK yesterday, but like me, we dropped the bomb in activity during most of today because of school. However, aside from a vote on me, he has done almost nothing in terms of scum hunting. He also hasn't posted much too much substance in the game. However, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt and give him an null read.

9. SwordsRbroken:

He's meh to me. He has posted a little in the game, but like most people, we haven't seen much from him. He has also done almost no scum hunting in the game. SwordsRbroken hosted Smash Bros. Mafia, so I'm not going to excuse this. However, he hasn't really commited any form of scum tells, but I am starting to lean toward a scum read unless he post some serious contents.

10. Kataefi:

Low-Mid Activity Level, Low Content Level

He would be above SwordsRbroken, since he has done a little scum hunting, but he has commited one scum tell from my eyes.

When we were in a serious discussion, Kataefi random voted me without giving any good reasons. I'm calling BS on this because that should be used during the Random Voting Stage. I find him neutral-scummy (Null read reading toward scum).

11. Junglefever:

Very Low Activity Level, Almost No Contents Level

For the love of god, post something. You have contributed almost nothing to the game. I have an neutral-scum read.

Scummy Images:

12. Cello_Marl:

Low Activity Level, Low-Mid Content Level

None of his posts have been particularly scummy, but they do consist of very, very, bad ideas that can really hamper the townies if we were to follow them. When combining them, it makes me a little suspicious of him. Plus, he has not posted today as well, a feat that Junglefever is also guilty of. Overall, I'm getting suspicious of Cello_Marl.

13. The Paprika Killer:

Moderate Activity Level, Low-Mid Content Level

When The Paprika Killer was getting in the game, his first few posts were OK. However, he took an massive downfall with his argument against Nicholas1024.

Originally, he voted Cello_Marl for Cello's idea being horrible and it was very scummy. Later, The Paprika Killer contradicted himself and skimmed at the same thing. Not only that, he was responsible for not one, but two OMGUS replies that weren't really necessary and didn't contribute much to the game. I have an fairly scummy read on him.

14. Xonar:

Mild Activity Level, Low Content Level

I'm sorry, but he hasn't been playing well at all. First off, he posted a decent amount of fluff. People may argue I'm worse at this, but at least #132 was a giant fluff and my fluff isn't scattered all over the thread (Blame school). His idea of false trading with other people to see who had the Dragonballs is also a dangerous idea, as it gives scums idea on who to kill.

I'd also like to know that on the exact same posts, he's been guilty of mod killable offenses, which I'm not going to excuse. He's also guilty of OMGUS voting on The Paprika Killer with his reasons not being very good.

And there you have it. Hope you enjoyed the analysis and with that all said:

Vote: Xonar
HoS: The Paprika Killer
FoS: Cello_Marl
This post says NOTHING! It's amazing how you can post so much and say NOTHING!

I would also like to remind everyone that the game has only been running for a day and a half, so no prods yet.
^^ Hi, this. I have a life you know even if my Post Count doesn't reflect that.

Can't address everythign right now, busy day today.

Nick: Didn't like Cello's idea. Obviously now that I've seen his intentions it makes a bit more sense, but I still don't like that + the claim. As OS said, it covers all his options.

I feel like the idea of a doc having to protect the one who hammers could potentially be a bad idea. What if a mafia member hammers? That member gets the balls and gets protection (its not that he would need it, it's that the doc wasted the protection on a mafia member). Just something to think about.

I missed a boatload of information that I will address when I have the time, but today is not the day.

D

Deleted member

lol OS.

and holy s*** I just realized Jungle posted.
what are your thoughts on me and OS?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
First and foremost, Vote: Overswarm

If you aren't scum you have made some of the most egregious town play I have ever seen recently. Why, WHY were you pushing Nick about being Cello's lover? Do you understand the role? The absolute last thing we want is Cello's partner added. If you're town, it's a dumb or scum move, if you're scum WAY too blatant rolefishing.

Cello, I've been meaning to say this to you and whoever your partner is(assuming of course, that you are telling the truth): unless your role pm states that your partner's alignment is confirmed to you, do NOT assume so. I have seen town/scum lover combos go horrible because of too trusting town(ex. TLI mafia, sorry to bring it up JungleXD).

Looking forward to seeing an actual case for me being scummy. So far all I've got is from Cello, and I would say based on past experience that he's probably just caught up with me being scum because I don't think his idea is in best interest of the town.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you aren't scum you have made some of the most egregious town play I have ever seen recently. Why, WHY were you pushing Nick about being Cello's lover? Do you understand the role? The absolute last thing we want is Cello's partner added. If you're town, it's a dumb or scum move, if you're scum WAY too blatant rolefishing.
Because it doesn't make any sense.

He claimed to be a bulletproof hated lover on D1 after saying "give me the dragon balls".

Think about all of those abilities being paired together for a moment and what that implies based on everything he's said.

Currently, the only "obvious" pair would be Nick's giant meatriding of everything Cello. If Cello was telling the truth, the mafia have a beacon pointed towards Nicholas for a hopeful double kill. This isn't exactly difficult for anyone to pick up on, which makes me wonder about it being true. Connections are never that easy.

I am town, but have a method to my madness. Whoever gets to be my sixth vote, Just type "FoS" instead of vote before I respond. We've got until next wednesday, take your time. I've got something special for us that'll give us everyone who is scum by D3.

Vote: Clown

Where you at on this

M.K

Level 55
With the players in this game, I am amazed someone figured it out.
I know, right? :\

Lol

100laughs
Okay wow.
This isn't even about the game. It's one thing to insult a person's playstyle, it's one thing to attack somebody's work ethic, the number of time they've posted, or their contribution to the game, but to downright insult somebody's intelligence level is ABSOLUTELY absurd. You ACTUALLY believe that I (and others) are just too stupid to figure out what you are saying? Grow up and just play the game, don't insult my intelligence and don't act like a *******, because then playing this game will just end up being torture; or, am I took stupid to come to that conclusion on my own? Must be, right? Grow up and stop acting like you're so much above everyone else because you've posted your way in circles.

7. Meta-Kirby:

Nothing really suspicious pops out of my head of him now, but I have noticed that he has not doe much scum hunting in the game, plus being relatively inactive. However, he has posted some substances in his posts, so he's getting an null read.
Shut Up.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still, don't state things like that. The biggest problem with this is that you were pushing and pushing the idea. It shouldn't have been brought up once, even if you're wrong it still potentially damages town. But, by pushing it over and over it looks to me like a strong attempt at rolefishing. Making the comment looks like it could be potentially dumb townie move: Pushing it over and over in a way that looks like you're trying to make him claim makes it scummy.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Still, don't state things like that. The biggest problem with this is that you were pushing and pushing the idea. It shouldn't have been brought up once, even if you're wrong it still potentially damages town. But, by pushing it over and over it looks to me like a strong attempt at rolefishing. Making the comment looks like it could be potentially dumb townie move: Pushing it over and over in a way that looks like you're trying to make him claim makes it scummy.
Think about it for moment:

"Hey everyone, give me the dragon balls. Also I'm bullet proof so you don't have to worry about mafia killing me and taking the dragon balls, I'm hated so you should vote for me, and I'm a lover so be really careful otherwise we'll lose two votes!"

This is before anyone even asks him for any information at all.

"Wait, lovers are generally masons" is my response

Which is followed by

"Generally, yes, but I won't say any more..."

He's lying, mentos. He doesn't have any information to support his claims and won't even confirm something that is obvious. Unprompted, he gives as much information as he can that

1) prevents mafia from wasting a kill on him (if true)
2) allows mafia to look for connections to him for a double kill (if true)
3) Makes it unwise for people who think he's town to vote or attempt to vig him
4) makes him an incredibly safe choice for the dragon balls
5) fits his own plan perfectly

But nothing else of value and we're just told to trust him, and he considers those that disagree with this as "scummy". I agree that role fishing is dangerous but there is no role left to fish. He publicly stated several things that would have been better off a secret to support his own (dumb) plan and literally gave his role away, character and all.

His "defense" for this isn't anything but aggression towards whoever disagrees with it at every point possible, the entire time being backed up by Nicholas.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
No, you definitely were skimming, swords. Especially on the part on me and OS.

No, it was another instance of me wanting the Cello wagon to get movin. Did I say "c'mon X more people vote Cello let's lynch this kid"? Can bandwagons only be used to lynch a player? I think it's funny that you're the only person that actually believes that I wanted to quicklynch Cello and you're trying to run with it.

Stop putting words in my mouth, I never said Cello is scum. I find him scummy, yes. My vote (and his bandwagon, if it ever happens..) is to find information on who is scum. As for anyone else I think is scummy, not liking nick's play. He's bringing up points that make no sense or have no relevance, to defend himself (such as his "how do i know you're town, OS?" defense against OS asking why he was so sure of Cello being town), and his trust in Cello is a bit extreme for someone to have this early D1. And you as well, now, for your skimming, and (as TPK pointed out) parroting nick's stance on OS, both of which I find scummy. But not as much as Cello. And let's not give the "But Cello always does this" excuse, you gave earlier in the game.
If someone says that he thinks person A is scummy, everyone else is typically inclined to think that that person thinks person A is scum. And i am not putting words in your mouth, i am merely paraphrasing. And as for me "skimming" find more than one instance and then maybe your "case" on me might have the tiniest bit of merit.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
SSBF said:
9. SwordsRbroken:

He's meh to me. He has posted a little in the game, but like most people, we haven't seen much from him. He has also done almost no scum hunting in the game. SwordsRbroken hosted Smash Bros. Mafia, so I'm not going to excuse this. However, he hasn't really commited any form of scum tells, but I am starting to lean toward a scum read unless he post some serious contents.
LOLOLOLOL
You've posted mostly fluff in this game, and the game has been only going on for a day and a half. Low activity level....that's a bunch of fluff.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
See, I don't know really if I think he is lying OS. Claiming hated ASAP is a great idea. Claiming BP is stupid because any town vig who doesn't believe you can shoot, and if you live you're cleared to them, and if you were lying(read: Scum), you lose a scum. In fact, the lovers/hated combo makes a lot of sense with the role I'm thinking Cello's claimed role may be based off of. If I'm right, the roles of both would add up perfectly with eachother.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Generally speaking, "scummy" is just a phrase used to say that act itself is something that scum would do/prefer to have done.

Like if we knew scum always wanted to start a wagon (hypothetical, this is not the case), we could say someone starting a wagon was acting "scummy". It doesn't necessarily mean they ARE scum, but it does mean their action needs explaining. I believe this was Hilt's intent.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
See, I don't know really if I think he is lying OS. Claiming hated ASAP is a great idea. Claiming BP is stupid because any town vig who doesn't believe you can shoot, and if you live you're cleared to them, and if you were lying(read: Scum), you lose a scum. In fact, the lovers/hated combo makes a lot of sense with the role I'm thinking Cello's claimed role may be based off of. If I'm right, the roles of both would add up perfectly with eachother.
If you're thinking the same thing I am, then you've just uncovered the reason I haven't been pushing for Cello's lynch. His actions have been pretty dumb and nothing he's done has made any sense, but if the mod has set that particular role up that way I could see it being logical from the perspective we've both looked at it. Not in a logical sense, but from how we're seeing it. Get what I mean?

I'm still inclined to believe he's lying, but it DOES fit in that way... but like I said, inactives should go first. Dumb/Scum can wait until we have more information.

Actually, no one should vote for Cello. Vig, shoot Cello. If Cello dies, he was lying. If he lives, ta da, confirmed town on D2.

Note:

DO NOT CLAIM YOUR CHARACTER ANYONE

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Are you really going to out the vig for the sake of one clear? Not worth it. Totally not worth it.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xonar, it's a day and a half into D1. We are NOT lynching anyone yet unless someone says "HAI GAIS IM SCUM!" Also, the only real problem with OS' suggestion is that, well, we don't know that we even have a vig for sure, nor if they're limited to one shot. Without this information the plan is pretty much futile. Just to make it clear to the vig, if you only have one shot, make sure you think long and hard about how you want to use it, don't just listen to people's suggestions.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Why would we extend the day if we can lynch someone we obviously find scummy? I think Xiivi wrote an adequate post on this subject in the social thread a while ago.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because ending the day early only benefits scum. Town's biggest tool in this game is information. Cutting days off after barely two days of discussion would be horribly detrimental. Not to mention he still stands to be able to defend himself, claim if necessary, and we can discuss other people with the remainder of the day and find out what we come up with. There is no good reason to lynch someone so quickly, especially on D1. What if we're wrong from jumping quickly and we end up with a mislynch and barely anything to work with on D2? Fact is, you don't lynch 2 days into any day, none-the-less D1, it ends up hurting a lot more than potential benefit.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
town's biggest tool is information that can be corrupted (y)
Thing is, cases are quickly forgotten, like I've seen with Scamp in UCM for example. Cello's case will probably nail his coffin.

D

Deleted member

Quit being afraid to lynch before deadline. If you think someone is scum, don't be afraid to L-2/L-1/hammer them as long as you have good reasoning. Lynch before deadline, discussion is a distraction that allows scum to persuade/appeal to townies into the wrong direction. When you are comfortable with a lynch, get on it then.

More discussion until the very end of a deadline is not this awesome pro-town thing. Waiting until near-deadline to lynch gives scum the greatest influence as they are able to coordinate to swing the lynch into the direction they please due to time constraints on the town. I would consider waiting until deadline to make an informed discussion a scummy move. SWF has a problem with this mindset and should fix it because seeing deadline-no-lynches is really unacceptable. Pull your act together and realize the "it's you vs everyone" mindset is awful and that you have to figure out who your fellow townies are and must come to an agreement with them if you want to lynch correctly.
while the above thing is a lot of truth, I don't want to lynch Over.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, L-3 is right, typos not being noticed ftl>_> regardless, my point stands, play it safe because we don't want a 2 day quicklynch. It gives us nothing to use on future days, and if he ended up flipping town we would just be at D1.2 with 2-3 less townies. So don't do anything stupid.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yes, L-3 is right, typos not being noticed ftl>_> regardless, my point stands, play it safe because we don't want a 2 day quicklynch. It gives us nothing to use on future days, and if he ended up flipping town we would just be at D1.2 with 2-3 less townies. So don't do anything stupid.
So wrong. Your intention with this post is clear, you want OS to survive, right?

Top Bottom