• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Point Mafia Day 6 (5/8 to Lynch, Deadline: Saturday the 19th at Midnight)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
SSBF really not liking your summary on Xonar. A lot of the things you called him out on really weren't really that scummy. Also of all the people talking so much about fluff, him?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, I thought you were serious. With us not hearing your ridiculous claim, all it sounded like you were claiming was "if you're too scared you'll die with the balls, give'm to me, I'll take a bullet for you". Sounded like you didn't really think it through.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
More people aren't voting for Cello because we have plenty of Day left before the deadline. He's not gonna get smarter or anything, but that doesn't mean a quick lynch is a good idea. There's time to get more information yet.

Also people... don't claim. There are many reasons not to claim.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wow so much to reply to, but I just like to say that SSBF, you shouldn't base town/scum reads on activity and content. That said, I suggested a potentially good idea for town, that's more than people like YOU have done. Beside that, there was hardly ANYTHING I could contribute as there was only some moronic discussion about Nick's plan.
/reading..

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I wonder how anyone can still find Cello scummy, after playing several games with him I think I somewhat knows what goes on in his head. I'm really not liking Mentos atm, most of everyone. Unvote, Vote: Mentos
Cello, while I agree that OS isn't looking that good, don't you want to go with Mentos first?
I think most is said and done, there is no reason to just parrot Cello to gain 'town points'. Why would I shoot when the bullseye is already hit?

D

Deleted member

@Overswarm: Not really liking your vote on Rockin. She has done a bit of scum hunting (On me and Nicholas1024). If you're going to go after inactives, why not go after people who have been completely useless (Junglefever)?

I'd rather focus my suspicion on people who have been playing scummy then people who are inactive, even thought we should keep them to an lower priority.

Will respond to Xonar after school, don't have time now, bus is fixing to come.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Vote: Hilt

Your most recent post said that you wanted a quicklynch. And aside from that, you pretty much been parroting OS as far as cello goes. Posting things like "cello dead yet" or "quicklynch cello go go go!" doesn't do anything for you.

Cello, if town does gather all the balls in one night, how would they know who to give them to? I don't like how you seem to be eager to get the dragon balls for yourself. You always come up with WIFOM ideas that make me OK with your lynch. This is one of those cases.

So yeah, FoS: Cello.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If not, they can be given to someone who can be cleared on d2 due to role, there's enough chance that such a role exists.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There are a lot of illogical players in this game, and many of them are posting frequently. :\

SSBF, trust me, there are three types of players town wants to get rid of:

-Scum (so we can win)
-Inactives (because they're dead weight and don't vote)
-Idiots (because they think they're clever and make huge WIFOM conspiracy theories and get wagons on people that don't make any sense and basically let Scum be inactive)

In that order

You can't tell who scum is most of the time unless they really screw up, so the next best bet is to kill inactives. Idiots can get lucky, but inactives are always bad... and even worse, if they are REALLY inactive a mod kill can bring about an early night phase. Hell, that's how I won TMNT mafia. I was Donatello (mafia) and I stalled the last night until the inactive person was modkilled and it won me the game. Granted that's an extreme case, but even still you generally just don't have inactive players helping. Even if he hadn't been modkilled, he increased the player count by 1, but never voted.

If you get down to smaller numbers and have even one inactive, its huge. Imagine we get down to 8 players with two mafia left. You need five votes to lynch. That's 6 total votes possible out of 5 necessary to kill a mafia member. With one inactive, that means you need 100% agreement to kill someone. With two inactives, it becomes literally impossible.

So yeah, kill all inactive players ruthlessly.

Idiots eventually prove that their dumb or scum if you just keep making them post. Just make fun of them and they'll defend themselves either way and give you clues.

D

Deleted member

CEllo, why do you even think that many people will follow your plan of mass searching? We have no clue on the chances of finding them, so some or more people might rhater be training for late-game.

The problem is in getting one person to have all of the Balls at one time, NOT WHO POSSESSES THEM. The reason for this is that there is only one viable wish: Revive a townie. Night immunity, bringing in another player, other conceivable extra powers; all of these are innately selfish and cannot be corroborated as beneficial for town, and the very action of making such a wish casts doubt on the wisher. If scum chooses to make such a wish, then they will sacrifice a team member for such a benefit, which is a dear price to pay so early.

I'm a Hated (sort of, but not really. I can die from lower vote amounts than usual) Bulletproof Lover.
you bolded that it doesn't matter who posses them only to later keep asking to hold onto them yourself.

them wishes you mention are the examples mentioned in the rules iirc, and you have no way of knowing if scum doesn't get access to a different and way more powerful one, in which case they might gladly make the sacrifice.

Why did you claim?
(and why should we believe it?)

there is no reason to hold onto the balls longer than a second because the possessor can directly make the wish and thus you BP'ness is unneeded

Edit Post #265 By Post:

We'd have to repeat this process with every pair: Xonar and Jungle, Xonar and Rockin, Xonar and Clownbot...Jungle and Rockin, Jungle and Clownbot...and so on, ending with Hilt and myself.
why end with you? if you're intention are pure you should use a random generator. (thus ending in, say, MK and Xonar).

D

Deleted member

sorry for the caps screwup in your name.
thing I wanted to add was: how are we even sure we can do that mass swithc thing. xonar already mentioned that and ronike implied that you could get modkilled for using the trade command while you have nothing.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh, Cello called out my theory before I posted it. This is what I thought Cello was up to.

First, softly, Nicholas, if you think I'm trying to suggest something like Popcorn in Stump, you're wrong. I really do want to go all-search.
That is, suggest a bad idea, see who goes along with it, and use that as evidence against them later.

Anyway, now let me explain the list.

Xonar: Didn't object to mass search, but said he wouldn't trust Cello with a dragonball. Not sure if he finds Cello scummy or not.
Jungle:
Rockin: Disagrees with the idea, hasn't yet decided if Cello's scummy or not.
Clownbot:
Kataefi:
The paprika killer: Horrible idea, thinks Cello's scum. Backpedals later and claims not to.
Nicholas1024: Definitely not, but I think I know what Cello's up to.
Swordsrbroken: Doesn't think Cello's scummy, I don't think he gave an opinion on Cello's idea though.
Mentosman8: Against the idea, is uncomfortable with Cello saying he'll hang on to the dragonballs.
Meta-kirby:
Super smash bros. fan: Said Cello hasn't commited a scumtell. I don't think he said yes/no to the idea yet.
Overswarm: No^(infinity + 1) and Cello = superdumb superscum.
Sold2: Doesn't support the plan, but doesn't find Cello scummy.
Hilt: No. Finds Cello slightly scummy due to offering to hold onto the dragonballs.
Cello_marl: Proposed the idea.

First off, I'm not happy that there are still several people who didn't post their opinion about it. However, here's my stuff. Back when I was making the list, there were 3 likely choices that someone would make.

1) Finds Cello scummy, hates idea.
2) Finds Cello not scummy, hates idea.
3) Finds Cello not scummy, likes idea.

(Or something in-between, like Rockin.)

Anyway, I figured that scum would be most likely to take option 1, aka: Shoot down Cello's idea, and take down Cello with it, or inexperienced scum might try for option 3, to follow a really bad idea. This leads me to look closely at TPK and Overswarm. As a bonus, both of them flipflopped when I posted my list. Despite going at Cello as if they thought he was scummy, they both responded "Don't put words into my mouth, I think Cello's just dumb." And recently, Overswarm has gone back to the scum viewpoint again. This makes TPK and Overswarm my #1 and #2 scum reads, as I've explained before.

However, as Cello's expanded on said idea... I'm going to have to reconsider. Cello being bulletproof makes his offer of holding on to the dragonballs a lot more sensible. However, although this would make him a safe drop-off point for the dragonballs, I'm not completely convinced we can gather them all. Let me think a while and get back to you guys on it. Of course, TPK and Overswarm are still scum. :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm pretty sure you're an idiot, Nicholas. =P

Here's a play-by-play for you:

Cello: Here's a really bad idea. If you don't agree with me, I'll tunnel you! It's what I do! Rawr, I'm confident!

Me: That idea is ****ing stupid. Please explain yourself. Why would that idea ever be good for town?

Cello: Here's a half-***** explanation that deliberately avoids answering your questions in a clear manner

Me: WTF answer

Cello: I did!

Me: Long post indicating why it is a bad idea, even if Cello's Bulma Ball-Cop fantasies come true

Cello: I don't understand hypotheticals being used, nor could I comprehend your post. But I got the gist that you disagreed with me, so I'm gonna vote for you! Grr!!!! I'm also confused as to why everyone calls me "dumb or scum" in every game I play, repeatedly, over and over again. There must be something wrong with everyone else and certainly not anything wrong with me.

Nicholas (that's you!): GUYS I THINK I'M CLEVER. Here's what I think YOU should do because it's awesome!

Everyone: >_> wat

Nicholas: No come on, it'll be awesome. Here's what I think so far: (list)

Me: WTF mangz, stop putting words into my mouth. I think he's dumb, but not necessarily scum. No mafia member would be that stupid on purpose.

Nicholas: Oh, mah bad. I'll remove it and put different words in your mouth.

Cello: POORLY THOUGHT OUT FRAGMENTED RESPONSE!!! Also Overswarm is mean. By the way I should totally have the dragon balls because I'm bullet proof, so nothing bad can happen to me ever. Also I'm a lover, so don't vote for me or someone else will die too. Oh, and I'm hated. That's important too, cuz that means you can't vote for me. If you do I could die, and then someone else would die. Also let me hold the dragon balls. Nothing bad will happen ever.

Me: Okay that's ****ing stupid. I take it back. He could be scum.

Nicholas: HA! You've flip flopped!

and here's my response to you:

No, I didn't. You just don't pay attention. I thought he was dumb, and now I still think he's dumb and could be scum. L2Reading Comprehension.

Stop putting words into people's mouths and mistaking your own interpretation with the truth. You're not clever.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wow Overwarm. Just wow. Who's putting words in who's mouth now?
Doesn't really help, does it?

I enjoyed the reversal. It tasted sweet, like honey.

You want a plan that will actually take out scum, Nicholas?

D

Deleted member

It's called reductio ad absurdum nich, and it was hilarious.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Cello has repeatedly said that the only wish he wants anyone to consider using is the revive a dead townie one. So, even if he is scum, if he does anything but what he's said he'd do (use the wish in a pro-town manner), he'd get lynched, which I don't think is worth it for scum. Also, him being bulletproof means that giving him the dragonballs is a sound enough idea. I'm still not decided on his mass-search idea yet, but you're making me lean towards accepting it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Overswarm

I've got one. It's called: Lynch you, and then TPK.

Awesome plan, don't you agree?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OMG paprika actually used the actual term. Win.

But seriously, I have a plan. It can't "go into affect" until day 2.

For obvious reasons involving trustworthyness, I'm going to need several volunteers to do so. It involves a shell game. I know we have at least one mason with Cello, assuming he's town, and this plan would potentially clear him if that were the case.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@Overswarm

I've got one. It's called: Lynch you, and then TPK.

Awesome plan, don't you agree?
If you have 8 votes, then sure.

So, even if he is scum, if he does anything but what he's said he'd do (use the wish in a pro-town manner), he'd get lynched, which I don't think is worth it for scum.
9002. If one person collects all 7 dragonballs, they get one wish (off a list predetermined to avoid complete and total breakage). That wish will still be very gamebreaking, from bringing a player back, to granting an extra power (including night immunity), to bringing an extra player into the game. You want to get all 7 dragonballs.
Are you high?

Let's use the DBZ world again:

Vegeta: GIVE ME THE DRAGON BALLS!

Goku: But how do we know we can trust you?!

Vegeta: Well that's simple. Give me the dragon balls and I'll make my wish. The wish will help all of us and you'll see I'm a good guy, or the wish could just help me and you'd see I was a bad guy. If it was the latter that wouldn't be worth it because then you could just attack me, right?

Goku: Makes sense, I guess.

Vegeta: I WISH FOR UNLIMITED POWER

</end series>

The wish is deliberately huge. If it takes a coordinated effort to get all the dragon balls in play in two Days, chances are the dragon balls are only going to be used once anyway. Maybe twice. If the mafia gets them and uses them, it's going to be flipping hardcore anti-town. It's not going to be something silly like "this guy gets a posting restriction", it'll be more like "you now know everything about every player" or "you can recruit multiple players into the mafia" or "you get a million night kills tonight" or something like that. Something BIG. We don't want to gamble with that.

Also, him being bulletproof means that giving him the dragonballs is a sound enough idea.
YOU HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY THAT HE IS BULLET PROOF

Why are you just assuming everything he says is true? He literally asked to hold the most powerful items in the game and then followed it up with "but it's okay, because I have three separate attributes to my character that fit this situation perfectly". I hope to all that is good and holy that you aren't the masoned lover with Cello, because if that's the case it's pretty obvious what both of your roles are if he's telling the truth and you're his mason partner -_-;;

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
OS, you're assuming Cello knows the wishes and knows that he can wish to be unlynchable, while that isn't even sure AT ALL. Too much of a gambit to do that.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I have a town read on Cello at this point, I will trust him with the dragonballs. And I know the wish is deliberately huge, but it's not instant-win huge. At this point Cello is #2 on my townie list (behind myself, of course. :p), so I'm willing to trust him. I'd be surprised if he was scum, but I feel that the potential benefits of giving him the dragonballs outweigh the potential risks.

Why are you fishing to see if I'm Cello's mason/lover partner? Trying to kill two townies with one NK?

Oh, and...

I HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY THAT YOU ARE TOWN

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, you're assuming Cello knows the wishes and knows that he can wish to be unlynchable, while that isn't even sure AT ALL. Too much of a gambit to do that.
What? How am I assuming that?

The wishes are designed to be uber.

We don't even know if get to see who uses them OR what they even wish for. This could just occur with Ronike saying "the dragon balls were used" and then if something happens, it happens.

Let's assume that one way or another, we know what happens and who uses them and when. Cello gets them and uses them and gets caught as scum.

This means that we have to lynch him, so he dies (-1 scum) and then there's another night (night kill, -1 townie), so we're currently 1-1. Good odds for town.

Except Cello's wish tips it in his favor. It can't be "unlynchable" (that'd be broken beyond belief), but think for a few seconds about what kind of wishes there could be that would allow Cello to sacrifice himself so mafia can win. I can think of a few off the top of my head. If his wish simply allowed him to turn someone else into mafia, that's huge. If it's even more powerful and can do something like allow mafia to have two night kills per night, that's even worse. A mafia member sacrificing themselves for something that big isn't that big a deal.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Let's use the DBZ world again:

Vegeta: GIVE ME THE DRAGON BALLS!

Goku: But how do we know we can trust you?!

Vegeta: Well that's simple. Give me the dragon balls and I'll make my wish. The wish will help all of us and you'll see I'm a good guy, or the wish could just help me and you'd see I was a bad guy. If it was the latter that wouldn't be worth it because then you could just attack me, right?

Goku: Makes sense, I guess.

Vegeta: I WISH FOR UNLIMITED POWER

</end series>
Assumptions assumptions...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why are you fishing to see if I'm Cello's mason/lover partner? Trying to kill two townies with one NK?
Cell already publicly posted "Hey, I'm bullet proof" and "I'm a lover and Hated", so the mafia now aren't going to waste a night kill attempt on him. They can kill whoever else they want, which if they want a double kill will be whoever they think is masoned with Cello.

You both seem to have this incredibly blind, raging approach towards the game, so I can only assume you both happen to have information I don't. If you're masoned and trying to hide it, you're doing a very poor job. You've decided to attach yourself to someone who has made multiple claims that can't be verified by town, which is odd.

I HAVE NO WAY TO VERIFY THAT YOU ARE TOWN
What does me being town have to do with anything? Me being town or mafia has no direct relation to Cello being town or mafia. Someone is mafia, and it doesn't have to be anyone posting.

How about you get away from "anyone who disagrees must be scum" and not buddy up with the craziest guy in the game? You're creating parallels that will let scum (they're inactive atm, at least one or two of them guaranteed) survive for days without any pressure.

There are several people here that I'm not going to want in lylo. For now though, we need the inactives to step their game up.

Assumptions assumptions...
...it's hyperbole, Xonar. And not really too far off the mark; the moderator has said deliberately that the dragonball wishes were ridiculously powerful and even devoted an entire section of the rules to them. It's not an assumption to say "if scum gets them, its bad"

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
True, we can still just lynch though.

Btw, OS, pointing out that him claiming bulletproof effectively made him bulletproof without being bulletproof destroys the use of claiming, because he might not be bulletproof anymore... if you catch my drift. Sigh.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
True, we can still just lynch though.

Btw, OS, pointing out that him claiming bulletproof effectively made him bulletproof without being bulletproof destroys the use of claiming, because he might not be bulletproof anymore... if you catch my drift. Sigh.
I get what you're saying. It's frustrating to have to point things out, but it's not exactly rocket science. If your big strategy is standing in the open and saying half of something and betting on the fact that some people will figure it out and others won't, it's not much of a strategy.

Basically though, there's no reason he would claim bullet proof and be lying unless he wasn't town... because that's a risky move and makes him look scummy. So it puts him in one of those "one or the other" scenarios.

Claiming information unprovoked this early is dangerous for multiple reasons. No one should be giving out that much information.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
With the players in this game, I am amazed someone figured it out.

Besides, I don't think that falseclaiming bulletproof/hated/lovers is scummy.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Actually Overswarm, given how you've been violently after Cello all game (without a whole lot of backing),I'd say your alignment has a direct effect on Cello's: If you're scum, I can basically clear Cello, and if you're town, I'll be a bit more suspicious of Cello.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Vote: Hilt

Your most recent post said that you wanted a quicklynch.
...:dizzy:

let's read that again

Why aren't more people voting for cello c'mon bandwagon go!
More people aren't voting for Cello because we have plenty of Day left before the deadline. He's not gonna get smarter or anything, but that doesn't mean a quick lynch is a good idea. There's time to get more information yet.

Also people... don't claim. There are many reasons not to claim.
lol because i definitely want a quick lynch. That's obviously what i meant. XD
I mean... I know sarcasm can be hard to see on the internet, but really? C'mon. I said bandwagon (which can be used for pressure, information, getting close to lynch, etc) and OS assumed I wanted to quick lynch Cello (which is laughable) just because I said "more votes". You're skimming.

And aside from that, you pretty much been parroting OS as far as cello goes. Posting things like "cello dead yet" or "quicklynch cello go go go!" doesn't do anything for you.
Do me a favor and show me other instances, earlier than my vote on Cello, in which I Parroted OS. In fact, the two pseudo-quotes you gave as examples are different versions of the same one post. So you provided one instance, not two. If nothing else, OS and I were always in disagreement, arguing with one another. You're skimming.

More from me in a sec (just woke up a bit ago), I just wanted to comment on that first.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
OS, what is up with you and your fluff? I'm tired of this WIFOM bull**** that you keep bringing to us. I agree that if i got (a) dragonball(s), i would not give them to cello. Liking Nich's case on TPK. He seems to be heavily following Overswarm around as far as cases go. Look at early game. OS was suspicious of cello. So was TPK. Now OS is suspicious of Nich. So is TPK. So TPK is heavily buddying and parroting, he's also posting one liners when he doesn't parrot and OS keeps bringing fluff and WIFOM to the discussion, with the occasional good post.

So right now, the people who can go are: Hilt, TPK, OS, and possibly Cello.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I mean... I know sarcasm can be hard to see on the internet, but really? C'mon. I said bandwagon (which can be used for pressure, information, getting close to lynch, etc) and OS assumed I wanted to quick lynch Cello (which is laughable) just because I said "more votes". You're skimming.
That is why you put the /sarcasm thing after your post if you are being sarcastic. And how is this skimming? You said you wanted quicklynch, and now you are giving the "i was being sarcastic" excuse. No, you're trying to cover your tracks now that you have been caught. Clearly NOT skimming. Who is scum aside from cello right now?

D

Deleted member

way to parrot nich there. hypocrite much?
(yaya oneliner)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
With the players in this game, I am amazed someone figured it out.
I know, right? :\

Stay around til lylo sir.

Hammering is going to be important in this game, so I think we should discuss that:

Hammering someone would be useful in that you get their dragon balls, but because of that we can see how people are going to want to hammer and not want anyone else to hammer.

Basically the whole "hammer" vote thing is going to be a downward spiral of WIFOM. If player A hammers and gets an unknown quantity of dragon balls, and people will want him dead if the person killed was town. But town will inevitably have to hammer someone, so this puts us in a bad position because now in the WIFOM series people can hammer with near impunity. Except now we know that, so they can't. Repeat the WIFOM spiral for a while.

HOW WE CAN STOP THE WIFOM SPIRAL:

Two ways.

One: Self-Hammering

If you self-hammer, the dragon balls disappear and are back in the void. People have to search to find them again.

Advantage:
that no one can suddenly get a collection of dragon balls by hammering someone
stops the WIFOM spiral in the "He WOULD hammer, wouldn't he?!" sense
stops an easy mafia night kill on whoever hammered (they get the dragon balls then)

Disadvantage:
the dragon balls go out into the void. This means the mafia can get them
we can't keep track of the dragon balls very well
can lead to some stalling during the lynching process

Two: The hammer cycle

We'd basically have to randomize in some way the order of "who hammers", and then that person is required to hammer. No one would hammer more than once. We could randomize it by using our names, like ordering people based on the first letter of their name, number of letters, number of vowels, whatever, things we can't change at this point. This prevents someone from manipulating the terms of the order.

Advantage:
we know exactly who has hammered and where the dragon balls are
no WIFOM spiral

Disadvantage:
Mafia knows exactly who to kill because tehy know where the dragon balls are
Someone may be forced to hammer that doesn't want to, which could break the system

Three: The ball switch

Immediately after hammering, you're forced to give your dragon balls to another player.

Advantage:
makes it harder for scum to hammer and keep their dragon balls
makes hammering a harder decision

Disadvantage:
makes hammering a harder decision
Mafia can move dragon balls amongst themselves, so they can just take the balls, give them to another member, then publicly give only one to someone else
We'd have to decide who to trade the balls to after a hammer, which causes its own problems

Top Bottom