• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
I once had a website related smash dream but it never came true. First the wonderful 101 landed on a Nintendoland stage and then I saw wonder red’s newcomer banner on the smash 4 site
I can top that.

Before he was shown to be an Assist, I drempt a whole-ass trailer for Dillon, being in the rustic sepia artstyle and narrated by goddamn Sam Elliott.
Dillon was just sitting in a saloon and confronted by Mario and Co., which Dillon promptly showed them up.
I remember seeing some "gameplay" too, with for example a Down Smash being rolling in a full donut around the Z-Axis. The ending portion being Mario, DK, etc. all knocked out as Dillon tipped his hat and walked out.
And I never played a Rolling Western.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The only somewhat prophetic smash dream I had was a daydream the day of the final Smash Ultimate direct, I couldn't watch it till the afternoon and I didn't get spoiled at the time, so I thought "hey wouldn't it be cool if A!Tiki from Fire Emblem would get in and have Y!Tiki as an Echo?"

and Tiki was then revealed as an assist in the direct.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Alright. Well, I disagree.

Originally I was going to say that gives me a better idea of where you're coming from, but I actually learned a lot more from all that happened afterwards.
I have no problem with you disagreeing. That's normal. People do that all the time.

Let's change the subject. Who wants to hear of random Smash related dreams I've had over the years that range from prophetic (:4greninja: ) to bizarre?
Years ago when Brawl was coming out, I did have a dream that Mickey Mouse, as his Kingdom Hearts version, and Link were fighting a huge, dark enemy that look like a Heartless.

Now in Ultimate, we have Kingdom Hearts content and Link in game.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The time has finally come for a Rampage characterView attachment 387638
You know Doshin the Giant? It would be funny if we had Doshin and one of the characters from Rampage put into a Smash Bros. game, made to be around the same size, and fight each other in such a Smash Bros. game.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Before Ultimate was officially revealed or even teased, one dream was for a Switch port for For, which combined content from both 3DS and Wii U, with a big draw being two reveals that would be "impossible" on a 3DS.
One was the Ice Climbers returning (which is hardly prophetic since it was obvious they'd return in the future), and the other was....Greymon. With the draw that he could become MetalGreymon in the fight through unknown means (would've been revealed later if real probably). No sign of Agumon.

But that's not the only thing; on the "website" for it showed another new character that wasn't shown in the initial reveal, Dante. And this was before DMCV was announced or Dante becoming a big name in Smash speculation, so it was definitely more random.

And this ends the "reasonable" ones.
The last two are completely out there.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't really do dreams much and even if they were, it wouldn't about Smash of all things. Weird i say

Also. Top 5 Stages you'll like to see in the next Smash anyone?
Eh, not that weird. For more frequent dreamers you can dream about literally anything. Especially stuff you think about a lot. And if you’re a smash fan who spends a lot of time on speculation, it makes sense that some of that speculation might seep into your dreams.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Let's change the subject. Who wants to hear of random Smash related dreams I've had over the years that range from prophetic (:4greninja: ) to bizarre?
Some time after the Pyrosphere stage was revealed but before Ridley was revealed to be a boss again, I had a dream where the final roster for Smash 4 included Ridley and King K. Rool.

And more notably Chunky Kong.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I had a weird dream during the Pre-Brawl era.

For some reason, the only characters in the game were Mario, Pikachu, Link and Kirby. That's it. No other vets. No newcomers. The only stage was Battlefield.

I was pretty bummed in my dream.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I had a weird dream during the Pre-Brawl era.

For some reason, the only characters in the game were Mario, Pikachu, Link and Kirby. That's it. No other vets. No newcomers. The only stage was Battlefield.

I was pretty bummed in my dream.
You were really just having a psychic vision of the reveal trailer

IMG_8566.jpeg

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I don't really do dreams much and even if they were, it wouldn't about Smash of all things. Weird i say

1. Mushroom Kingdom 3 (Super Mario Bros. 3)
2. Dream Land NES (Kirby's Adventure)
3. Sky City Tokyo (Ninja Gaiden 2)
4. Reiho Academy (River City Ransom)
5. City Streets (Double Dragon)

Battleship Dodriguez [Contra]
Graveyard [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
Millennium Tower Rooftop [Like A Dragon]
The Village [Resident Evil]
Courtroom [Ace Attorney]
You know, I've always had a problem figuring out a good stage for Contra.

Last edited:

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Some time after the Pyrosphere stage was revealed but before Ridley was revealed to be a boss again, I had a dream where the final roster for Smash 4 included Ridley and King K. Rool.

And more notably Chunky Kong.
And then we got Chunky as an Assist.

....wait.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Considering they're bird people, would that make her more muscular, or less? :p
Surprisingly more, Raven Beak and the Mawkin aren't that skinny.

Area Zero (Pokemon SV)
Sylvalum (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
Ancestral Steppe (MH4)
Ferenia (Metroid Dread)
The Flying Kroc (DKC2)

ScrubReborn

Smash Cadet
Wow crazy timing, I had my first Smash dream two nights ago. Jigglypuff came into my room when I was sleeping (with some other Smash characters, including Wolf, Incineroar, Corrin, Young Link, other "likely cuts". Took me a while to remember them 'cause they didn't interact with me). Jiggs Pounded® my door down and floated in my face. I think she had a Ray Gun too.

She said something about "the cut army" and how she and some other Smashers were fighting to avoid getting cut in Smash 6 (heavily paraphrasing). The one line I remember clearly is her saying "That's Smash 6's gimmick! Nobody is Here!" at one point. Then I looked out the window and saw a giant army of Primids marching at my house.

Sakurai was there too and I don't remember too good, but I think he might have had a ****ing Death Note lol. I bet it was his priority list. I think he mighta been the Primid's leader. I think more stuff happened in it but I don't remember anything else. Call me crazy but I think my mind just leaked Smash 6's story mode.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Re: Top 5 Wanted Stages:

• Bowser's Castle (Super Mario)
  • The Courtroom (Ace Attorney)
  • Puyo Stadium (Puyo Puyo)
  • The Somniel (Fire Emblem Engage)
  • A stage based on A Link To The Past that switches between Light and Dark World.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
  • Bowser's Castle(not a minor reference like we had with the Paper Mario stage, but a specific design from the core Super Mario series).
  • Any stage from Quest 64(for obvious reasons, lol)
  • Westopolis or Lethal Highway(Shadow the Hedgehog. Same locations overall, but very different in how they work. Most memorable levels... but for the wrong reasons)
  • The Pit(Mortal Kombat)
  • Anything from Killer Instinct(I really don't play often enough anymore to remember the locales. It's just the characters that are memorable to me)

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
If I may add, that power suit does look heavy, but if I recall; Samus did all her training on a planet that has over 900 times that of Earth's gravity. With that, that should be enough for her to move in a heavy suit like the Power Suit. So, I think that adds more to her using her muscles for acrobatics, even inside the Power Suit.
Wasn't that debunked?

Laniv

Smash Champion

1. Bowser's Castle (Weird how we haven't gotten this one yet)
2. Gangplank Galleon
3. Lor Starcutter (a touring stage, traveling around different RTDL locations)
4. Blizzard on the Star Express (I do like a good train stage)
5. Bomb Factory Maze (for Bomberman. Oh, these aren't homemade, they were made in a factory. A bomb factory. They're bombs.)

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

OK, this is gonna be pretty tough.

1. Bowser's Castle
2. Gangplank Galleon
3. Flying Battery Zone
4. Haunted Graveyard
5. Clock Tower

ScrubReborn

Smash Cadet
I also wouldn't mind seeing stages from games like Urban Champion and Super Scope 6.
I'm a lil suprised we haven't seen a Urban Champion stage yet. It practically writes itself. Just have the stage be a long street where we can fight like real men while random people drop flowerpots on the fighters. Immediate banger stage there.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Gah I know I've brought it up before but it genuinely bothers me about some of the last spirits not having their series name. Noah & Mio is the worst being that it's literally a Nintendo series, but Zagreus and the 13 Sentinel Pilots are annoying too.

I can't tell if there's ratings mumbo jumbo, the team making the fights just got lazy, or what.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Some stages I could see being added to the next Smash game include
Bowser’s Castle (Super Mario Bros. series)
Flower Kingdom (Super Mario Bros. Wonder)
Sparkle Theatre (Princess Peach Showtime)
Paranormal Productions (Luigi’s Mansion 3)
Yoshi’s Crafted World (Yoshi’s Crafter World)
Warioware, Inc. 2 (Warioware series)
Homecoming Hijinxs (Tropical Freeze)
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country 2)
The Depths (Tears of the Kingdom)
Koholint Island (Link’s Awakening)
Hero’s Hideaway (Pikmin 4)
Ferenia (Metroid Dread)
Alivil Mall (Kirby and the Forgotten Land)
Pokémon League (Pokémon Sword & Shield)
Alabastar Icelands (Pokémon Legends: Arceus)
Paldea (Pokémon Scarlet & Violet)
Sand Ocean (F-Zero series)
The Underworld (Kid Icarus series)
Dodo Airlines (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
Museum (Animal Crossing series)
Mako Mart (Splatoon 2)
Scorch Gorge (Splatoon 3)
Cruise Ship (Bayonetta 3)
Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
Transient Temple (Ring Fit Adventure)
The Ark (Astral Chain)
Somewhere from Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Fire Emblem Engage

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I can top that.

Before he was shown to be an Assist, I drempt a whole-ass trailer for Dillon, being in the rustic sepia artstyle and narrated by goddamn Sam Elliott.
Dillon was just sitting in a saloon and confronted by Mario and Co., which Dillon promptly showed them up.
I remember seeing some "gameplay" too, with for example a Down Smash being rolling in a full donut around the Z-Axis. The ending portion being Mario, DK, etc. all knocked out as Dillon tipped his hat and walked out.
And I never played a Rolling Western.
well that certainly tops mine with thowmp and a bulborb being revealed as ultimate dlc

chinkuru

Smash Cadet

-Virtual Boy Wario land
-Smash Bros 64 Bedroom
-Mission One stage (Metal Slug)
-Digimon Cage
-Game Boy camera stage

Other I want: Bowser Castle, Gangplank Galleon, Clock Town, Murasame Castle, Venus Lighthouse, Donkey Kong 2 stage, Mushroom Kingdom 3, Urban Fighters stage, Star Fox stage from the SNES game, Courtroom

Gengar84

Smash Hero

There’s a lot of potentially fun stages we could add but here are five of mine I’d love to see:

Hornet Hole (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Chemical Plant Zone (Sonic 2)
Bowser’s Castle (Super Mario)
Central Highway (Mega Man X)
Khaos Mountains (Battletoads in Battlemaniacs)

You know, I've always had a problem figuring out a good stage for Contra.
I think there a lot of great options for Contra stages but I’d personall go with the opening stage from Contra 1 (Jungle) or Contra 3 (City). I think both locations would be really unique compared to everything else in Smash and have very interesting stage elements you could play with. I made a Contra 3 City stage in Stage Builder that I’m pretty happy with. The left half of the stage is a normal cityscape with standard platforming but the right half is the section after the stage is set on fire with crumbled pillars for platforms and rising fire pillars.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I think there a lot of great options for Contra stages but I’d personall go with the opening stage from Contra 1 (Jungle) or Contra 3 (City). I think both locations would be really unique compared to everything else in Smash and have very interesting stage elements you could play with. I made a Contra 3 City stage in Stage Builder that I’m pretty happy with. The left half of the stage is a normal cityscape with standard platforming but the right half is the section after the stage is set on fire with crumbled pillars for platforms and rising fire pillars.
If Bill and Lance do get in, I expect the stage to be from the first Contra game. I'm just wondering what a good layout would be like.

The only thing I can think up is something similar to Gaur Plain with the Gromaides guarding an entrance in the background.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay, one, that is a fan take, not official stuff. Secondly, you can't use science to try to solve things in fiction, as the physics of fiction and reality and reality's science are different.

In other words, might as well just go with it.

Top Bottom