• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So I guess we know what Ganondorf will look like in Smash 6, right?
Not necessarily. They didn’t go with Zelda’s Breath of the Wild design in Ultimate and instead decided to represent different games with the Triforce trio. I could see see them doing something like that again. It’s definitely still a possibility we could get his TotK design in the next Smash though.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
The issue with BotW-style Zelda for me is that she's so far afield from Zelda as she is in the rest of the series. So I wouldn't want BotW-style Zelda at the expense of the classic Zelda moveset.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's simple with the new Ganondorf; how easily can they make the model work with the current moveset design? If easy, we're golden. If not, it requires more work to use than it is to use his OOT or TP designs.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Screenshot_20230413-193333.png

Giant Staryu eating people!

Wait, what are we talking about?

Oh yeah Ganondorf.

He should be faster given this new looking design.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Bandana Dee
Waluigi
Ryu Hayabusa
Raven Beak
Leon Kennedy

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
For me, it would be Dante, Doomguy, Geno, 2B, and Crash Bandicoot.

I likely went too heavy on the third party characters, but I'm satisfied with Smash's first party line-up. (though I wouldn't say no to a unique Zelda character like Midna, Impa, or Skull Kid - that feels insanely long overdue)

FazDude

Smash Master
Really tough whittling all the characters I'd love down, but when it comes to personal bias...
  • Waluigi
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Red (Angry Birds)
  • Peppino (Pizza Tower)
  • Crash Bandicoot

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
It’s hard to just pick five since there are tons of characters I really want to see but these are my personal top 5 at the moment:
  • Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
  • Magus (Chrono Trigger)
  • Illidan Stormrage (WarCraft)
  • Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Bandana Dee
Maxwell Scribblenauts
Frisk
Grovyle (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)
Megaman X or Geno Fortnite (I'm not really sure)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Aaronitmar released another video on SSBU's Classic Mode.
It got me curious; which routes would you guys change?
  • Samus: Rathalos as the Final Round boss
  • Fox: Marx as the Final Round boss
  • Ness: Marx as the Final Round boss
  • Jigglypuff: Master Hand following the Giant DK in the Final Round
  • Peach: Ridley in Round 6, Bowser/Giga Bowser as the Final Round boss
  • Daisy: A route about fighting every Mario and Mario-adjacent character, with Bowser/Giga Bowser as the Final Round boss
  • Sheik: Galleom as the Final Round boss
  • Dr. Mario: Marx as the Final Round boss
  • Falco: A route about fighting characters with more than two jumps, with Rathalos as the Final Round boss
  • Ganondorf: A route where you fight every character who debuted in Melee, with Bowser/Giga Bowser as the Final Round boss
  • Roy: Ganon as the Final Round boss
  • Mr. Game & Watch: A route about going back in time from the Switch era to the NES era, with Dracula as the Final Round boss
  • Meta Knight: Marx as the Final Round boss
  • Pit: Dracula as the Final Round boss
  • Wario: A route about three-way fights between Wario certain heroes and villains, with Dracula as the Final Round boss
  • Ike: Dracula as the Final Round boss
  • Sonic: A route where you fight every character who debuted in Brawl, with Galleom as the Final Round boss
  • King Dedede: Ganon as the Final Round boss
  • Olimar: A route about opponents larger than Olimar, with Bowser/Giga Bowser as the Final Round boss
  • R.O.B.: A route recreating the Subspace Emissary, with Galleom as the Round 4 boss, Wario in Round 5, Bowser in Round 6, and Ganondorf in the Final Round
  • Toon Link: A route with a team of 4 Toon Links fighting another team of 4 opponents, with Ganon as the Final Round boss
  • Wii Fit Trainer: Bowser/Giga Bowser as the Final Round boss
  • Little Mac: A route more closely based on the Punch-Out games
  • Mii Fighters: A route about fighting opponents based on the three Mii Fighter classes
  • Robin: A route about fighitng opponents based on Robin's tomes
  • Cloud: A route about fighting Sm4sh's DLC characters
  • Richter: Crazy Hand as the Final Round boss, following a battle against Simon
  • King K. Rool: A route about fighting protagonists with the help of fellow villains
  • Joker: A route about fighting characters based on the seven deadly sins
  • Hero: A route about fighting characters from JRPG's
  • Banjo-Kazooie: A route about notable appearances on the N64, with Ganon as the Final Round boss
  • Byleth: A route referencing Fire Emblem gameplay mechanics
  • Min Min: A route about fighters with slowly increasing range each round, with Galleom as the Final Round boss
  • Steve: A route about fighting every 3rd party character in the base game
  • Sephiroth: A route referencing the first 7 Final Fantasy games, with Marx as the Round 6 boss and Cloud as the last opponent
  • Pyra / Mythra: A route referencing the Xeno games
  • Sora: A route where you fight every character in the base game

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
  • Raven Beak
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Monster Hunter
  • Elma (Xenoblade X)
  • Chosen Undead

MasterCheef

Smash Ace

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Speaking of wants wasn't there supposed to be a fe poll TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom ?
It’s coming, but the suggestion box got flooded with Pokémon replies and Gen 9 stuff so Pokémon is coming first.

Let me tell you, even after pruning the candidates four times we still have over two dozen Pokémon to go through. I couldn’t hit every single suggestion but I tried to hit a good chunk of them. Just by the nature of how many Pokémon were on the docket, I couldn’t hit all of them.

The Pokémon poll and Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and Kirby results should be out next week. Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and Mother will be after Pokémon article goes live, likely in late May.

Also idk which of y’all suggested Earthworm Jim in the suggestion box for Pokémon, Mother, Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem lol.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Ezio Auditorre
Lara Croft
Ryza
Agumon
Master Chief

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Dixie Kong
Monster Hunter
Spyro
Elma
Raven Beak

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
  • Gholdengo
  • Morshu (both he and Gholdengo almost got in the "Memes" category, but i change my mind)
  • The Four Champions (as a stance fighter or only one, preferably Urbosa)
  • Sigurd and/or Seliph (if the rumored Fe4 remake becomes reality)
  • Mike Jones (Come on, Nintendo. Give some representation to your western output)

• Earthworm Jim
  • A Hyperdimension Neptunia character (anyone besides the main protagonist and maybe Nepgear)
  • Fulgore
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Playable Zero (based on Mega Man Zero for variety's sake)

• Replacing the generic Lumas of Rosalina & Luma with Lumalee from the Super Mario movie. or the Minions.
  • Tony Hawk
  • Mr. Monopoly
  • Moonlight Mask (because of it's "action figure" of the N&B Blocks line)
  • Loco Damian (a Mexican YouTuber that's mostly the Scott the Woz of the country)

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright

W_Ryu Hayabusa4.1.jpg W_The Lee Brothers2.1.jpg Doom Slayer Smash Fighter 1_1.jpg Kunio and Riki 1_0.jpg
(Technically this is 6 characters but I imagine Jimmy as Billy's alt so gameplay-wise, this would be 5 characters).

cashregister9

Smash Hero
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Alear (Fire Emblem)
Saber (Fate)
Noah (Xenoblade)
Estelle Bright (Trails)
Gholdengo (Pokemon)

Jonesy Fortnite and Sakura Shinguji just barely made the list.

This made me realize that my wants have barely changed since Ult ended lmao, I just added the newest Blorbos in place of the older ones.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yo this remix of the hometown music that Capcom put in the launch trailer for Battle network legacy collection is fire
We'll probably never hear this piece of music again but i want it in smash.

For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Megaman.EXE
Kazuma Kiryu
Cybuster
Crash Bandicoot
Meowscarada

Stratos

Smash Ace
If there are sequels to The Super Mario Bros. Movie, I'd say they should put Green Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Princess Daisy, Pauline, Professor E. Gadd, Bowser Jr., Koopalings, maybe and Wart.

toonito

Smash Ace
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Sol Badguy
Chun-Li
Zero
Dante
Crash Bandicoot

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If there are sequels to The Super Mario Bros. Movie, I'd say they should put Green Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Princess Daisy, Pauline, Professor E. Gadd, Bowser Jr., Koopalings, maybe and Wart.
Two of those are already in the movie, though.

Part of me hopes that Toad's prominence in this movie leads to a Toad (whether it's a regular Toad, the Blue Toad, or Captain Toad) becoming playable in Smash (in any of these cases, Toadette could be an alt like Alph is for Olimar), though if the past few decades of games haven't prompted them to promote Toad from being a shield/counter for Peach, then I doubt the movie appearance will.

(On a related note, it would be neat to see Cranky Kong playable in Smash, though I'd prefer Dixie)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Are there any characters in Ultimate (or Smash in general) that you were indifferent to when they were revealed but ended up really enjoying how they play? For me, that’s probably Terry and Kazuya. I’ve never really followed Fatal Fury or Tekken but I find both characters a blast to play in Smash, even if I’m not skilled enough to fully play them effectively. That’s one reason I’m always open to pretty much any character even if they weren’t initially on my radar.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Crash Bandicoot
Adol Christin
Neku
Officer Howard
Isaac

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Are there any characters in Ultimate (or Smash in general) that you were indifferent to when they were revealed but ended up really enjoying how they play? For me, that’s probably Terry and Kazuya. I’ve never really followed Fatal Fury or Tekken but I find both characters a blast to play in Smash, even if I’m not skilled enough to fully play them effectively. That’s one reason I’m always open to pretty much any character even if they weren’t initially on my radar.
erm probably lucas back when he was first revealed for brawl. having only heard of mother 3 in passing back then i really wasn't sure who he was. however by the time smash 4 came he was, and remains, one of my most used characters. also i guess joker kinda fits that as well, when i saw him on the ultimate website i just rolled my eyes and went "of course" but i found his move set to be fairly enjoyable. even more so after playing persona 5 although i do think his move set is oddly simple for him now.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
For me:
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Estelle Bright
Don't feel like partaking in this, just popping in to say I want to marry the Kirin Armor hunter lady, ok that's it bye

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Top Bottom