• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Level LAN Presents: August Awesomeness

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I just dont like the fact of being looked down upon as not a true fighting game its like not being taken seriously and I do not appreciate that how other communities see us makes me a little bit salty. Seeing as how our community is laughed at when it is indeed a competetive fighter we could be big but as stated weve burned bridges that couldve lead to us being apart of thos big fighters.

but then there is the thing I really dispise people judging a whole community based on the actions of a couple of players it really angers me.
Most smashers don't want this game/series associated with the other fighters but then get mad when the other communities don't attribute Smash as a genuine fighter. It can't be both ways.

Also regarding the actions of a couple of players, think of it this way. Bill O'Reilly stereotyped the entire religion of Muslim as a radical movement due to the radical movement of a small amount (in the world's aspect) of Muslims. A lot of people share O'Reilly's sentiments and a lot of Muslims do get harassed because of it. Now I'm not Muslim, but it's not right that he gets away with that blatant statement on the stage that he's on but that's just how the wind blows. All it takes is one.

Zoro

Smash Champion
apparently alex strife has said that nintendo is coming to apex. in what capacity, I have no idea yet

If this is true, the best thing we can do for every single smasher to attend and make it so ridiculously sized they'll have to notice for the next console
Oh word? That's amazing they need to def see if they can get Nintendo on board for future events. I was going already but now I gotta get everyone I know to go to.

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
Most smashers don't want this game/series associated with the other fighters but then get mad when the other communities don't attribute Smash as a genuine fighter. It can't be both ways.

Also regarding the actions of a couple of players, think of it this way. Bill O'Reilly stereotyped the entire religion of Muslim as a radical movement due to the radical movement of a small amount (in the world's aspect) of Muslims. A lot of people share O'Reilly's sentiments and a lot of Muslims do get harassed because of it. Now I'm not Muslim, but it's not right that he gets away with that blatant statement on the stage that he's on but that's just how the wind blows. All it takes is one.
basically we cant have our cake and eat it to..

and in regards to the second topic I agree with you but just like the muslims we may never hear the ridicule end from other communities for every we chance we have gotten we haven't taken advantage of it and then it ends up going terribly wrong and not allowing the next generation or newer smashers of the community to have the experience of large scale tournaments in florida due to ravel expense which will stall our expansion.

for example when brawl was added to MLG it was a perfect opprotunity to be recgonized in the competetive community but due to certain actions brawl was dropped, this ruined a chance for a worth while tournament experience for players like me who are limited to funds and travel expenses. Had there been brawl on mlg this year i wouldve went to mlg orlando because I've always wanted to attend an MLG event MLG couldve helped the scene grow but we screwed it up we dont want to be seen as a side event but if we want to have a bigger community were eventually going to have to make sacrafices.

we cant always want to be the main event against other fighters like street fighter and marvel and then not show up to tournaments that feature us due to that fact then complain about the community not expanding for now we lost a chance at a yearly national here in florida we just cant have our cake and eat it to lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

Wait what? I've never heard that. Since when do smashers care? I personally think the traditional fighters are really cool and enjoy watching em. Smash was my entry game but i'm thinking about getting into the other ones as well.

basically we cant have our cake and eat it to..

and in regards to the second topic I agree with you but just like the muslims we may never hear the ridicule end from other communities for every we chance we have gotten we haven't taken advantage of it and then it ends up going terribly wrong and not allowing the next generation or newer smashers of the community to have the experience of large scale tournaments in florida due to ravel expense which will stall our expansion.

for example when brawl was added to MLG it was a perfect opprotunity to be recgonized in the competetive community but due to certain actions brawl was dropped, this ruined a chance for a worth while tournament experience for players like me who are limited to funds and travel expenses. Had there been brawl on mlg this year i wouldve went to mlg orlando because I've always wanted to attend an MLG event MLG couldve helped the scene grow but we screwed it up we dont want to be seen as a side event but if we want to have a bigger community were eventually going to have to make sacrafices.

we cant always want to be the main event against other fighters like street fighter and marvel and then not show up to tournaments that feature us due to that fact then complain about the community not expanding for now we lost a chance at a yearly national here in florida we just cant have our cake and eat it to lol
Honestly, smash doesn't have to be the main event. There just needs to be the same benefits for smash at said tourney. At the very least give us a good stream like the other ones. That's my biggest qualm.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Lots of good reading in here. Hope this tourney will be an experience of a lifetime from all the people coming out to support their games.
Cannot wait.

:phone:

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
well eventually the scene here will get better and we will have national tournament series in florida its just going to take time and hopefully nintendo's apperance at apex will possibly bring some support from nintendo for competetive smash.

I don't understand really why nintendo would not contact tournaments like evo and ceo there is alot of money that is just sitting right in front of them that there not taking

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I don't understand why everyone is so addicted to streaming local tournaments. I understand nationals, but locals just seem like a waste of resources. Instead of streaming, can we focus more on recording? I know it's more of a hassle in the long-term for the ones doing recording, but streaming often has bad quality and once you miss it, it's over. If tail-end logistics is stopping people from recording, I'd be willing to help transfer videos from SD cards onto the internet.

2-DJeff

Smash Master

dtorr thats good logic. I understand this completely considering the fact im muslim lol.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Check out our next Melee only event:
ADVENT

This August 20 tournament will be the last Brawl and Melee joint event. Melee monthly tournaments will happen every second Saturday of the month, starting September 10.

That doesn't mean our communities should be segregated it's just a space issue.

Hope we have a good turnout at this August event as well. I'm going :)l

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i heard MK is banned at this tourney? is this true?

i was coming either way i was just curious

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'll show you stylin. See you guys next weekend!!!! <3

No MK? Oh my. Good ****.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
If he goes, YEP! It's goin down.

Ryan "Mink" Kane :jigglypuff:

vs

Drew "Drew" Jacoby :falco:

in a Pony Money Match

The Terms:
To be played while reading:
http://equestriagirls.com/e/

The Match will be a 2 out of 3. Using the Unity Ruleset.
Mink's Jigglypuff vs Drew's Falco.

Mink's Terms

Mink claiming that jigglypuff goes even with or slightly loses to falco, will be prove his claim this saturday at Holy Smash: Numbers. As Mink laughs at the idea of a falco being able to overcome his jigglypuff, he challenges Drew to the first every Pony Money Match (PMM). Drew gladly accepts claming that his falco can overcome the adorable creature known as Jiggle Le' Puff. Drew, a pony hater, is soon to taste the rainbow. Friendship will flow over him. But, if Mink's jigglypuff loses, he brings shame to all puffs and bronies across the world. Whereas Drew has nothing to lose, Mink has his honor, dignity and respect. The Terms are as follows:

If Mink wins, Drew must watch an episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic at the venue directly after the money match. The episode will be played on full volume and will be watched in the center of the venue. If/WHEN :jigglypuff: prevails, Drew must also use the tag "4Mink" for the remainder of the tournament regardless of Low Tier, Singles or Doubles, and make sure to record all of his matches so it can be written in history.

If or when Mink wins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7XysaEVBs

The episode will either be:

*Cutie Mark Chronicles
*Sonic Rainboom
*Art Of The Dress
*Winter Wrap Up
*Best Night Ever

The episode will be decided by popular vote.

Drew's Terms

if Mink Loses / if when :falco: prevails
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVmtvNju0g&feature=player_detailpage#t=954s

Mink must change his name to "Ryan The Moonstar" on facebook. He will also have to use the tag "4Drew" for the remainder of the tournament regardless of Singles, Low Tiers, etc. All replays from the tournament will be recorded so that Mink's shame for losing to a :falco: with :jigglypuff: can be recorded in history forever. Mink will also change his caption on his Smashboards to "Drew Jacked My Swag" for a week.

I'm gonna need everypony's help deciding the episode.
and hyping this up!!!​

layout shamelessly stolen from xyro

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Is it mandatory to enter this if one attends or are we be allowed to simply come to watch or do friendlies?

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Nice, I'll try to make it this time. I would enter but I don't think I'd be able to stay for the whole thing due to other various plans or errands I may have to do. Sounds good though.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Mink, though falco literally MOLESTS jiggs, you better win that big MM. If someone steals my ideas, THEY BETTER WIN!

[collapse=here is a gif for good luck]
[/collapse]

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Mink, though falco literally MOLESTS jiggs, you better win that big MM. If someone steals my ideas, THEY BETTER WIN!

[collapse=here is a gif for good luck]
[/collapse]
AWWWW YEAAAAAAAAH

I got the lucky squid on my side.
Thank you Xyro. For Low Tiers everywhere. I will win.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You can just come and watch and do friendlies but we hope for many to enter for competition sake

I'll bring AE as well as brawl setup

Speaking of which bring brawl setups! Lots of them

:phone:

Top Bottom