• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Gen

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Fire Fang would take off 2/3rd of its hp, and if given a boost through sunny day, a scizor with all HP and defense EVs will die, unless an Occa Berry is attached, not an item often used with Scizor.

Still, with a resistance to pursuit, it would probably be a better option to retreat.

Spire

III
BRoomer
About that Fire Lion you guys wanted.

Ever heard of...

?

Entei is as unique a Fire Lion as you're going to get. He's perfectly designed.

I still like the Red Panda idea so much more. Oh, and awesome sprite Greenstreet :) Although, I see it as a 2.5 stage Pokemon, meaning that it doesn't work as a 2nd or 3rd stage form. It either needs to be downgraded a bit so that it fits the 2nd stage prerequisites, or it needs to be buffed up to be a proper 3rd stage. I do love the idea of a Zebra grass starter though. Absolutely.

One thing I'd like to note though: there has not been one mammalian Water or Grass starter yet. Only for Fire have we seen any mammals (Typhlosion and Infernape families).

If we're going to give Grass a mammal this time around, then maybe we should hold back on giving Fire a mammal also. Here's how it's been for all four generations:

GRASS: Reptile / Reptile / Reptile / Reptile
FIRE: Reptile / Mammal / Bird / Mammal
WATER: Reptile / Reptile / Amphibian / Bird

Grass obviously needs a mammal, because bird is too close to reptile. Fire could do without another mammal (but it would still be welcome). We do not need another bird for Water, but a revisit to reptile or amphibian wouldn't hurt. A mammal would be the best choice for Water though. My proposed setup would be:

GRASS: Mammal
FIRE: Reptile or Insect (or Mammal)
WATER: Mammal

If we go the full Mammalian route, then it would be a complete contrasting generation to the 1st Gen's starters. That could be interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
About that Fire Lion you guys wanted.

Ever heard of...

?

Entei is as unique a Fire Lion as you're going to get. He's perfectly designed.

I still like the Red Panda idea so much more. Oh, and awesome sprite Greenstreet :) Although, I see it as a 2.5 stage Pokemon, meaning that it doesn't work as a 2nd or 3rd stage form. It either needs to be downgraded a bit so that it fits the 2nd stage prerequisites, or it needs to be buffed up to be a proper 3rd stage. I do love the idea of a Zebra grass starter though. Absolutely.

One thing I'd like to note though: there has not been one mammalian Water or Grass starter yet. Only for Fire have we seen any mammals (Typhlosion and Infernape families).

If we're going to give Grass a mammal this time around, then maybe we should hold back on giving Fire a mammal also. Here's how it's been for all four generations:

GRASS: Reptile / Reptile / Reptile / Reptile
FIRE: Reptile / Mammal / Bird / Mammal
WATER: Reptile / Reptile / Amphibian / Bird

Grass obviously needs a mammal, because bird is too close to reptile. Fire could do without another mammal (but it would still be welcome). We do not need another bird for Water, but a revisit to reptile or amphibian wouldn't hurt. A mammal would be the best choice for Water though. My proposed setup would be:

GRASS: Mammal
FIRE: Reptile or Insect (or Mammal)
WATER: Mammal

If we go the full Mammalian route, then it would be a complete contrasting generation to the 1st Gen's starters. That could be interesting.
MOst water mammals have been used...

I gues I could see a dolphin starter but an otter/ beaver/ whale are the only real water starters I could think of and they have already been used by other pokemon.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well look at it this way: are monkeys and echidnas naturally on fire?

Also, how about a Water Buffalo?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Water Buffalo sounds good (in fact, I think it was suggested on the last page or so)

If lion doesn't work, I'm going for a Fire Ant starter.
If it's all mammalian, Red Panda sounds cool.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Updating OP :)

Also, in my opinion, red panda should be the fire starter (fire ant works too), Water Buffalo could be the water starter and for grass we could use zebra.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright, I updated the idea section. I think I have everything but if I don't just tell me.

Good job, but I think we should eliminate the Water Buffalo Taurus evolution, since that's [almost] our designated Water starter. Plus, bulls don't evolve into buffalo...

Also, I had posted a synopsis of the defunct project "Pokemon Rust" a few pages back. It targeted most of the fields, so if you want to include it in the OP as simply an "overall idea", rather than a plot or what have you, feel free to do so.

Also, while a Fire Ant would be an awesome starter, the Pokemon you choose at the beginning of the game needs to be designed so that you'll love it. Frankly, humans just don't love ants. Red Pandas, however, are extremely lovable, so I'd sad it's our surefire (hehe) candidate.

And finally, I would like to present a design for a family of Pokemon I had made for Pokemon Rust. These are as of yet, unnamed, but I call this the Skylamp Family:

Statistically, they will probably be Grass/Electric with the Levitation ability, and their movepools will contain a number of flying and water moves too.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Dude, those are pretty good! I haven't read the Pokemon Rust idea yet, but I'll do that right after I've posted this.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dude, those are pretty good! I haven't read the Pokemon Rust idea yet, but I'll do that right after I've posted this.
Thanks man :) Here's two of the sprites for the family (third stage isn't done):

By the way, these do not breed via egg. As you can see, the third stage spawns offspring from its appendages, like a fungus of a sort.

So, these are probably going to be genderless.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Just read your post on Pokemon: Rust.

I like it. It explores the Pokemon world in a way that's never been done before. It's new, it's good, it's fresh (well, not exactly, but you get what I mean).

If such a thing were to happen, what do you think the legendary trio could revolve around?

LLDL

Smash Hero
They should make a game where you start with Legendary and you half to work your way down :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just read your post on Pokemon: Rust.

I like it. It explores the Pokemon world in a way that's never been done before. It's new, it's good, it's fresh (well, not exactly, but you get what I mean).

If such a thing were to happen, what do you think the legendary trio could revolve around?
They would need to revolve around the story.

One might represent the natural part of the world, possessing a certain serum from its flower (just an example) that the anti-industrialization organization might want to use to develop a toxic "cure" for the world, that would save all Pokemon that live in the wilds, but kill all those that have been exposed to pollution.

Another might represent a normal... say, crab Pokemon (that you could normally find along the beaches) that because of pollution, has mutated into an abomination that both plagues the shores, but inversely helps to reduce the population of a far-too-abundant seaweed Pokemon that actually traps the polluted chemicals and what not right on the banks of the shoreline, causing a buildup of trash and what not. This Pokemon holds no vendetta against anyone or anything; it simply wants to survive.

And the last one could be a torrential Pokemon created by man, but turned awry, wrecking havoc in the cities, who dwells in the underground tunnels and sewers. All three of these Pokemon aren't super birds or catdogs charged by ice, thunder, or fire; they are simply three very different Pokemon trying to survive with three completely different mindsets. One is a healing creature who wanders in the mysteries of the wild; one is a passive creature that simply wants to survive; the last is a selfish beast, caring not about anyone but itself. All are one-of-a-kind, and hence, are legends.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
For some reason, I always feel smarter when I read your posts, Spire.

I like the idea of a trio that represents everything in its region, but have no relation to each other at all. It's... simple, but it sounds brilliant at the same time.

EDIT: flame6753, isn't the point of a pokemon being legendary that it's harder to catch, which is why they're placed closer to the end of the game?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Spire, I said this once before and I'll say it again. You must have a whole entire video game planned inside your head. Your previous post has some really good ideas.

Spire

III
BRoomer
For some reason, I always feel smarter when I read your longer posts, Spire.

I like the idea of a trio that represents everything in its region, but have no relation to each other at all. It's... simple, but it sounds brilliant at the same time.

EDIT: flame6753, isn't the point of a pokemon being legendary that it's harder to catch, which is why they're placed closer to the end of the game?
Well thanks man, I appreciate it :)
Spire, I said this once before and I'll say it again. You must have a whole entire video game planned inside your head. Your previous post has some really good ideas.
Hehe, well that's exactly what Rust was - an entire video game planned out in my head. I'm just no programmer. But the same can be said about the countless Zelda games I've schemed up in my head, amongst many other ideas outside of Nintendo's universe.

I can't say where the ideas come from aside from our own world, but I'm simply glad that I can inspire and bring creative joy to you guys from sharing my ideas. I wouldn't share them if this was about me - it's about the community. I don't want you guys to praise me, I want you to take what you will from what I provide so that you can create ideas of your own. You learn more about yourself from the works of others rather than your own - that's the one main thing I've learned as an artist.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Question about the flying lamps.

Should we include Spore in their move pool? Traditionally, only bugs have this move, however, it is a grass move, so I see no reason why this pokemon can't.
It has access to flying moves, do we give it roost? Instead of removing his flying type, we could remove his levitate.
How large should its defense stats be?

What I am purposing is, a rather fancy annoyer-wall-cleric. At the moment, any cleric other than Blissey is instantly tossed into the UU environment. This pokemon with its odd defensive typing, and given access to some of the best annoyer moves around from spore, leech seed, and thunder wave, could prove a very valid asset to teams. In order to achieve this, we should include wish and heal bell in his move set.

Also, if you want to increase his versatility, giving him baton pass possibilities too wouldn't hurt.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Your evolution line is awesome Spire. As for Names, I can not think of any, but what do they call those paper lamps in japan? I am sure the last evolution could have it as part of its name potentially.

The last one of the line also looks phychic, it should learn a middle of the line psychic move.

I thought of a move that Kecleon could have that might make him usable

Color Shift
Normal/Status
PP:10
Pwr:---
Acc:90
Info:Switches your typing with the opponent.

I could see Garchomps becoming a normal type left and right.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Should we include Spore in their move pool? Traditionally, only bugs have this move, however, it is a grass move, so I see no reason why this pokemon can't.
It has access to flying moves, do we give it roost? Instead of removing his flying type, we could remove his levitate.
These are good ideas but there are some mistakes that I need to point out.

1. Bugs don't have Spore. Spore is a grass type move that most if not all grass types know.
2. The Skylamps don't have part flying typing. They're Grass/Electric.
3. Don't remove levitate.

As for giving it roost, it looks like it could learn it so why not.

sammy p

Smash Lord
how about like harvest moon or sumtin where the seasons change? has anyone else sed that?? sorry if ya did.. i didnt read the whole forum

Melfice z

Smash Ace
possible chatot evolution could be called bassot? (base-ought)
it would look something like this ->

needs a bass clef on its head with no dots, smaller sound sac, and more radiant on the feather pattern

and a possible name for a pre-evo of miltank could be miltub
(...fail? :laugh:)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
These are good ideas but there are some mistakes that I need to point out.

1. Bugs don't have Spore. Spore is a grass type move that most if not all grass types know.
2. The Skylamps don't have part flying typing. They're Grass/Electric.
3. Don't remove levitate.

As for giving it roost, it looks like it could learn it so why not.
1. I thought Breloom was bug. Sorry.
2. He said that they would have access fo flying moves.
3. Roost gets rid of a pokemon's flying type. Expanding this to levitate makes sense.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Lolwut? The move Spore can only be learned by three Pokemon in the entire game (two of those three being in the same family), and the Pokemon that it was originally considered the 'signature' move for is bug/grass; bug being its primary typing. Thus, it holds as much ground to belong to a bug type as it does a grass type, even if the move is a grass-type move itself.

Although you're both wrong to an extent anyway, but you covered CrashiC's wrong, so I'm not bothering him. Just...correcting things I guess.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Lolwut? The move Spore can only be learned by three Pokemon in the entire game (two of those three being in the same family), and the Pokemon that it was originally considered the 'signature' move for is bug/grass; bug being its primary typing. Thus, it holds as much ground to belong to a bug type as it does a grass type, even if the move is a grass-type move itself.

Although you're both wrong to an extent anyway, but you covered CrashiC's wrong, so I'm not bothering him. Just...correcting things I guess.
Spore is obviously inspired by fungi, and while Paras and Parasect's primary types are Bug, the move is definitely attributed to their grass type. Yeah, I know, fungi aren't plants, but they wouldn't create a "fungus" type just for four Pokemon. It's like the Steel/Metal argument.

Anyways, Spore is a Grass move and was obviously given to the Parasect family not because of their insect origins, but rather their fungal affinity. The fact is, it's associated with only four Pokemon, all of which are based primarily on mushrooms, which in the Pokemon universe, are under the "Grass" kingdom.

Just correcting things.

XACE-K

Smash Master
2. He said that they would have access fo flying moves.
3. Roost gets rid of a pokemon's flying type. Expanding this to levitate makes sense.
The way I read your post made it sound like you said they were part flying. My bad. And roost gets rid of a pokemon's flying type? How come I can't remember that?

Lolwut? The move Spore can only be learned by three Pokemon in the entire game (two of those three being in the same family).
Seriously? I thought more grass types could learn it.

I must be losing my pokemon knowledge. X_X

Spire

III
BRoomer
The way I read your post made it sound like you said they were part flying. My bad. And roost gets rid of a pokemon's flying type? How come I can't remember that.
Well, only for one turn. I still much rather prefer Grass/Electric with Levitate. It just makes more sense to me.

Oh, and with the third stage potentially being a Psychic/Electric.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Well, only for one turn. I still much rather prefer Grass/Electric with Levitate. It just makes more sense to me.

Oh, he meant that my post made it sound like I thought it was a flying type. Why the vast change? That would destroy its defensive chances.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Hmmm..I could see that but it still looks like it would be more of a electric/grass then psychic. Maybe have his movepool include flying and psychic moves would be a better choice.

Oh, he meant that my post made it sound like I thought it was a flying type. Why the vast change? That would destroy its defensive chances.
You also have to look at it from a different view though.

You have to see what it looks like and how it behaves when choosing types, not just a competitive view of it.

Also, the reason Garchomp would become normal is because keckleon is normal. However that could be changed thanks to his ability.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Alright guys, here's another Pokemon I made for Rust. However, I had not colored it until just now. I created this with Lapras and Tropius in mind. I wanted to create a prehistoric looking Pokemon of either Legendary or semi-Legendary caliber. For the record, I consider Tuskithor to be a Dragon/Grass type. Hope you guys enjoy :)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Alright guys, here's another Pokemon I made for Rust. However, I had not colored it until just now. Hope you guys enjoy :)

That looks amazing. However, may I ask what it's based on?

Or is it a totally new creature?

It seems like a dragon but has traits of a giraffe as well.

Spire

III
BRoomer
That looks amazing. However, may I ask what it's based on?

Or is it a totally new creature?

It seems like a dragon but has traits of a giraffe as well.

If i didnt read what you said about it, i would guess it was a grass/ground type... maybe grass/fire
Of course you'd think it's Fire because there's red in it. That's the problem with immediate judging. Remember, fire can be blue too ;) But, that's exactly why I didn't make it predominantly green. I wanted to avoid the obvious color-coded distinction that so many Pokemon fall victim to. Vileplume is a perfect example of what I was going for - a Grass Pokemon that is, for the most part, only red and blue. It's simply the indicator of the plume atop its head that immediately designates it to be a Grass Pokemon. I wanted to make a secondary Grass Pokemon that sported minimal distinction to its plant roots (hawhaw). Now, I can't say that I didn't consider Ground, because it was next in line, but here's my explanation for the choosing...

I chose to make it primarily a Dragon Pokemon because I believe Dragons don't need to be reptilian, as seen in some Eastern mythologies, Dragons (known as Long) can be mammalian too, with or without wings. To me, a "dragon" is defined as a [semi-]legendary beast that does not necessarily resemble any one animal, but rather sports a unique build all of its own. I have the same view on the color "black". I believe certain combinations of colors, or even solitary colors in some cases, can be considered blacks, even without using any actual black whatsoever.

Tuskithor is inspired by:
- Giraffe
- Camel
- Ostrich
- Generic Dinosaur
- Ithorian

I wanted a Pokemon like Lapras and Tropius that just fully embodies its habitat. Lapras was the absolute perfect saurian representative for the Seafoam Islands, and in some ways, is one of the key staples to 1st Gen, as it was a one-of-a-kind in the game despite not being legendary, and evolved from nothing, nor into anything. It bridged together the world of wild Pokemon and Legendary Pokemon, and with an inviting, yet somewhat intimidating persona. It's a very mysterious, yet lovable Pokemon. Tropius is the quintessential Pokemon for the entire region of Hoenn. It's a tropical dinosaur who fits the geographical feel of all the land, from the beaches to the rainforests.

I have no idea what kind of world Tuskithor would be a part of, but I'd want it to fit absolutely perfectly into a savannah-like environment, fully embodying the wilds of the region, yet still retaining its rarity as a Lapras/Tropius counterpart.

I guess in some ways, Skarmory is the 2nd Gen's equivalent. The 4th Gen didn't have one of these, which is another reason why its additions to the Pokedex are sub-par.

Spire

III
BRoomer
is my idea for a chatot evo shallow or does it just need concept art?
I don't think any idea is shallow by default, as long as it has strong evidence (meaning a concept thesis or concept art) that can justify its importance. I can imagine its wings taking the form of sixteenth notes, like so:

With the dangling notes representing the feathers.

For instance, what if we wanted to create a water cousin family to the Charizard family, similar to the Marill/Pikachu relationship? Actually, that's not a bad idea. Who's down? I'll draw the creatures.

@ Bowser King - would you add Tuskithor to the front page please?

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
is my idea for a chatot evo shallow or does it just need concept art?
I don't think any idea is shallow by default, as long as it has strong evidence (meaning a concept thesis or concept art) that can justify its importance. I can imagine its wings taking the form of sixteenth notes, like so:

With the dangling notes representing the feathers.
A Chatot evolution doesn't sound too far off. Although Chatot was mostly made to implement the DS's functions, I can see evolutions in my mind, mostly about a darker blue bird with a either a Bass or Treble cleft on its head. The idea of sixteenth note works as well.

For instance, what if we wanted to create a water cousin family to the Charizard family, similar to the Marill/Pikachu relationship? Actually, that's not a bad idea. Who's down? I'll draw the creatures.
I'm down with it. I just hope that it won't look a lot like the overused dragon-like creatures. Heck, color those pokemon green and make everyone here confused about it's type.:laugh:

I thikn there should also be a few repressed poison types that need to be shown, including one as a legendary. That's just my idea though...

Top Bottom