• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Gen

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
Some one mentioned something about a Wolf Pokemon, a type of creature that is so cool that (if made in the game) would be as cool as Lucario and Scizor and Jirachi and Gyrados? Definitely. But lets not make it a Dark Type unless it is really cool. Someone argued to me about Dark Type Pokemon being Dark only because they are Scary, and Wolves aren't scary. Wolves are probably the best and most noble of the K-9 Family, and I think this one should be ... what would probably be the coolest type of Pokemon? .... probably Ice, only because it actually is cool, but I'd approve of it being Ground instead/also/too. No matter what the type though, only an idiot would say that we don't need a wolf. It is long overdue that we need to have an actual Wolf like Pokemon.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
That would be hard to pull off flawlessly because if one Pokemon connects two branches, which Pokemon comes out of the egg of one of these Pokemon?
I imagine there could be a probability rate, just like male/female probability rates.

Or it could just be determined by a held item or something.

EDIT: Nevermind, I re-read the posts above me.

Some one mentioned something about a Wolf Pokemon, a type of creature that is so cool that (if made in the game) would be as cool as Lucario and Scizor and Jirachi and Gyrados? Definitely. But lets not make it a Dark Type unless it is really cool. Someone argued to me about Dark Type Pokemon being Dark only because they are Scary, and Wolves aren't scary. Wolves are probably the best and most noble of the K-9 Family, and I think this one should be ... what would probably be the coolest type of Pokemon? .... probably Ice, only because it actually is cool, but I'd approve of it being Ground instead/also/too. No matter what the type though, only an idiot would say that we don't need a wolf. It is long overdue that we need to have an actual Wolf like Pokemon.
Okay, not a wolf pokemon, but get this-- a WEREwolf pokemon!

Eh? Ehhhh???

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
To the dude who thought he was being funny just then, Werewolves are Gay. A WerePokemon is just messed up. Sonic the Werehog was horrible. Lets keep the Were creatures dead the way they should be. I'll climb Mt Silver to get the Bullets needed to keep them dead if I have to. But no WerePokemon.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Question: Should our area be landlocked, an island surrounded by islands, or an area that leads off into the ocean (kanto and jhoto)?

-:bowser:Bowser King

Wrath`

Smash Master
Splash needs to do something big, I don't know what but it does.

Pinsir needs a steel coated eveolution, syther got one, or it could be an anti-scizor evolution, like one of thoese bugs that sprays acid from it's thorax, so it could learn a fire type move.

I have always wanted a dister zone in a pokemon game, like a flooded city were you can surf an dive to find trainers and stuff. Unerwater battles would be awesome.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I like Ice/Dark better but Ice/Ground is okay too.
Agreed. Although Wolves are actually rather timid by nature (sort of like what Demon said, although I wouldn't say they're among the most loyal...), they fit the Dark type rather well; mainly because of their physical features. Plus, Wolves are among the epitome of coolness, and we all know that Dark is too.

The only way it could be cooler than ice/dark is if it was like...dragon/dark. Hmmm...wolf-dragon? Naw...that's lame.

Question: Should our area be landlocked, an island surrounded by islands, an area that leads off into the ocean (kanto and jhoto)?

I like the idea of an island surrounded by islands. Or better put, I like the idea of starting off on an island and traveling to a lot of other islands; meaning the islands are generally about the same size and carry about the same importance. But I'm admittedly biased on that, seeing as I love the idea of water travel (despite dreading it in the Pokemon games...odd).

However...I do have something else to propose, mixing together a couple of ideas on area that have already been mentioned. What if we made made an area that was basically landlocked; which would either be industrialized or barren, and then have an area that was more like Kanto and Johto's area style, and have that one be whichever wasn't already used? Personally, I like the idea of making the landlocked area industrialized; and then through the use of an underground tunnel or something (which could possibly have a town or two of its own, if you really wanted, which would the beginning/endpoints for each part of the tunnel...allowing for the underground cities idea), you can take a path to the barren area. This would probably require the inclusion of 16 badges, of course, but it would also introduce two completely new, completely functional areas; which also happen to be radically different.

...or maybe I'm trying to turn the simplicity in storyline of Pokemon into something much more epic. x.x

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I think that the only addition to the Tauros family would be a baby form Pokemon that evolves into Tauros if male, or Miltank if female. Yes, this means that all Tauros would become male and all Miltank female. So what? It's the 5th Gen. Things change.

EDIT: Whoops ^
While I agree with this, why not give a much needed boost to Tauros? He readily needs it to regain popularity in my opinion, as well as a use in modern day battling.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Question: Should our area be landlocked, an island surrounded by islands, or an area that leads off into the ocean (kanto and jhoto)?
Out of those 3, I would have the island surrounded by islands. I like that idea better.

Splash needs to do something big, I don't know what but it does.
Make it an attack but only in the water.

Pinsir needs a steel coated eveolution, syther got one, or it could be an anti-scizor evolution, like one of thoese bugs that sprays acid from it's thorax, so it could learn a fire type move.
Pinsir needs both a pre-evolve and evolved form.

I have always wanted a dister zone in a pokemon game, like a flooded city were you can surf an dive to find trainers and stuff. Unerwater battles would be awesome.
I don't like the idea of a flooded city, but a barren wasteland or ghost town sounds cool.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Isn't there an item called Magnet?

If so, how about level up whilst holding that?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Isn't there an item called Magnet?

If so, how about level up whilst holding that?
Hmmm....that could work but it gets rid of the uniqueness of both of them.

Also, in case we continue to follow Nintendo's trend and make the area in japan,

Seems like a good place. Tons of islands and we can exaggerate the size of the smaller ones.

Just an idea. We dont have too have it in Japan, it could anywhere.

Plus, it connects into Jhoto and hoeen so we could have a joined region.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Sounds good to me.
Did anyone read my plot idea a few pages back?
Would like to know what we reckon..

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Porygon should have a 4th evolution...since it IS a n made pokemon after all...

They talked about attempting 4th evolutions in pokedex entries for other pokemon

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I think Porygon should have a 4th evolution...since it IS a n made pokemon after all...

They talked about attempting 4th evolutions in pokedex entries for other pokemon
There should be a defensive version of Porygon unlike Z which is about attack.

Maybe a 4th evo for Happiny/Chansey/Blissey maybe make it more balanced offensively and defensively??

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
How about a combination of types for attacks, i.e Muddy Water being a water and ground attack, which allows it to get a STAB from both water and ground types?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Quagsire would be so overpowered with that move...let alone swampert. Swampert is definitely OHKO'ing ANY Heatran coming his way... Double STAB and 4x Typing...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, that would be a 12x attack...

I really don't think we need to make the type system any more complex. Double typing allows for some strategy, single move types is good. Start adding more types to either of those and you're going to A) Break the game and B) Make things harder than they need to be.

I also don't really want fourth evolutions. I think third ones make it fine, and with fourth evolutions they'll be able to ruin old Pokemon even more.

Also, Blissey's point is to be defensive...balancing it more offensively and defensively would be like trying to make a refrigerator microwave things too. Sure you can do it, but the point of the refrigerator is to cool things, not heat them up.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
If it helps anyone's creativity, here's a list of typing combinations that do not have a fully evolved pokemon:

Normal
--- / Electric
--- / Grass
--- / Ice
--- / Fighting
--- / Poison
--- / Ground
--- / Bug
--- / Rock
--- / Ghost
--- / Dragon
--- / Dark
--- / Steel

Fire
--- / Water
--- / Electric
--- / Grass
--- / Ice
--- / Poison
--- / Psychic
--- / Bug
--- / Ghost
--- / Dragon

Water
--- / Bug
--- / Ghost

Electric
--- / Grass
--- / Ice
--- / Fighting
--- / Poison
--- / Ground
--- / Psychic
--- / Bug
--- / Rock
--- / Dragon
--- / Dark

Grass
--- / Ghost
--- / Dragon
--- / Steel

Ice
--- / Fighting
--- / Poison
--- / Bug
--- / Rock
--- / Dragon
--- / Steel

Fighting
--- / Ground
--- / Flying
--- / Rock
--- / Ghost
--- / Dragon
--- / Dark

Flying

Poison
--- / Psychic
--- / Rock
--- / Dragon
--- / Dark
--- / Steel

Ground
--- / Bug
--- / Psychic
--- / Ghost
--- / Dark

Psychic
--- / Bug
--- / Ghost
--- / Dragon
--- / Dark

Bug
--- / Dragon
--- / Dark

Rock
--- / Ghost
--- / Dragon
--- / Dark

Ghost
--- / Steel

Dragon
--- / Dark

Dark
--- / Steel

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
If it helps anyone's creativity, here's a list of typing combinations that do not have a fully evolved pokemon

Wow, thanks man :)

Also, I agree with firus. We dont need to change an already good type system. Double attack type, triple typing is just going to ruin the game.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Thanks Cease.

And I need to know everybody else's opinion. Should Normal/Flying be changed to just Flying? I want the change but most flying types have been Normal/Flying since the beginning of pokemon.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No.
Flying must never be its own type.
Roost gives us a reason for this.
When roost is used, they get rid of their flying type.
They need a second type.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They could always just change the effect of Roost.

Wrath`

Smash Master
The only thing I could see being a pure flying type is a cloud Pokemon, which unless done right, would be lame.

@Cease, they do have Steel/Dragon, or are we not including Ubers?

I say we bring back Trick Master, those were good times.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had an idea for the fire starter...

HOw about a FIre ant?

...I know type bug/ fire would be awkward, but it would look cool

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As cool as fire ants are, I really dont see it as a pokemon that would evolve twice.

Make it's final form bipedal with 4 arms..

They've done worse than that trying to pass certain pokemon as having 3 forms

1st form - LArva with fire

2nd form - 6 legged ant with fire

3rd form - BIpedal ant with 4 arms and fire

XACE-K

Smash Master
As cool as fire ants are, I really dont see it as a pokemon that would evolve twice.
I can see it, but I just can't see it as a starter. Some pokemon just seem like they belong in the wild (like the fire ants IMO) while others don't.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I like how they made the Regi's based on Braile, I could see them doing some based on Greek letters, Omega could be an Electric type due to it being the symbol for Ohms. Sigma could be a Pychic type, scince it is common in math, and math is the mind. I like the Idea.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
The only thing I could see being a pure flying type is a cloud Pokemon, which unless done right, would be lame.

@Cease, they do have Steel/Dragon, or are we not including Ubers?
I didn't notice it was there (I ripped the list from a thread on Smogon); I'll edit it out.

I could see Mono-Flying being lame.

Top Bottom