• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sephiroth with the FFVII remake.

Also going further Little Mac for his anniversary in Sm4sh.
If Sephiroth was purely for Remake shill, he'd have his Remake design. Yes, there's a difference, most notably the hairstyle.

I think Sephiroth was added in Smash because he's ****ing Sephiroth. You know, one of the absolute most iconic villains in all of gaming?

The fact that he brought FF content, something people have been hoping for the last 5 years, could potentially be a good argument in his favor as well.

As for Little Mac, I still believe the timing was a massive coincidence because his reveal was the only Punch-Out thing in the entire Direct he was shown in.

Last edited:

RiderFan

Smash Rookie
I think the remaining Mii Fighters from Smash 4 will all be included like the rest with an unrelated fighter. After the Heihachi and Gil costumes, I think it's a safe bet that Lloyd's mii costume is going to come with the next fighter unfortunately and same with the Monster Hunter armors. I hope it's not the case though because both would be cool.

I can see a Pokemon happening for the 25th and hopefully Ryu Hayabusa to complete the NES legacy characters. The third's honestly a toss up for me but I can see it being Crash or a Capcom character like Dante, Phoenix, or even the Hunter from Rise.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Fake. I feel after the VGA which would have been perfect timing given the date and anniversary, at this point, I wouldn't expect Doom Slayer.
Are you implying there's a bad time for a DOOM reveal? Because I don't think there's a bad time for a DOOM reveal.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
It should be noted that all of the Capcom Mii Costumes that have returned showed up in "random" Mii Packages, while all of Bamco's took until Volume 2 to show up. I don't see why the Monster Hunter costumes must be attached to another Capcom rep, or anything that would have anything in common with Monster Hunter rep.

In fact, the last time we got Monster Hunter Mii Costumes, the wave they coincided with was Pirate Ship/3DS Duck Hunt/Mario Maker, not any new fighter.

Same goes with Lloyd's, actually. Did not coincide with a fighter, just the N64 Castle stages.

I think using the Mii Costumes to "predict" a Capcom/Bamco rep because they HAVE to come with somebody from the same company, and not at any time or in any pack with any other connection, is a good way to turn the missing Mii Costumes into red herrings.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
When it comes to Pokemon Did everyone just forget that this was a thing?

It was on November 22nd 2019, Or does everyone choose to forget it so they can be negative about Swsh.

I know there are ways against it I was just using that as a phrase to notate that they are going to be filthy.
Everyone remembers the spirit event, most of us just think Pokemon will get in anyways because it receives special treatment for Smash. It's literally the only franchise that Sakurai full on admitted that a spot is reserved years in advance for it even when the game isn't revealed.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Everyone remembers the spirit event, most of us just think Pokemon will get in anyways because it receives special treatment for Smash. It's literally the only franchise that Sakurai full on admitted that a spot is reserved years in advance for it even when the game isn't revealed.
Tbh, whether we like it or not, SwSh is also the fastest selling game on the Switch (and if I'm not mistaken, one of the best-selling Pokémon games to date).

I don't think it's a lock and I do think the Spirits hurt their chances, but I'm keeping an open mind just in case.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I could see the logic being they'd do the Pokemon spirit event close to gen 8's release, even if the fighter was a long ways off. Normally I'd say a spirit event deconfirms, at least for FP2. But it's Pokemon. There are like 80 more to choose from for spirit board and fighter.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I get it, I don't think it's a full disconfirm either I could have been more transparent with that in My original post which felt a bit hostile.

I guess I'm just sick of all the Cynicism and negativity around SwSh

I could see the logic being they'd do the Pokemon spirit event close to gen 8's release, even if the fighter was a long ways off. Normally I'd say a spirit event deconfirms, at least for FP2. But it's Pokemon. There are like 80 more to choose from for spirit board and fighter.
Didn't everyone say there was going to be a Three Houses Spirit event around it's release?

and according to the Byleth Presentation the pass was finalized at latest in November, So unless that was a complete lie I can't see how SwSh's sales would effect F-pass 2 (Unless the pass was finalized on like November 30th then It could be possible)

RiderFan

Smash Rookie
I get it, I don't think it's a full disconfirm either I could have been more transparent with that in My original post which felt a bit hostile.

I guess I'm just sick of all the Cynicism and negativity around SwSh

Same here! I gotta quit stanning Cinderace so much in my first posts here before people get annoyed but definitely agree. The spirit event is used as a counter a lot but unlike other events, the spirits don't actually have what the Gen 8 rep would be like a fully evolved starter, Dragapult, or Toxicity etc.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It should be noted that all of the Capcom Mii Costumes that have returned showed up in "random" Mii Packages, while all of Bamco's took until Volume 2 to show up. I don't see why the Monster Hunter costumes must be attached to another Capcom rep, or anything that would have anything in common with Monster Hunter rep.

In fact, the last time we got Monster Hunter Mii Costumes, the wave they coincided with was Pirate Ship/3DS Duck Hunt/Mario Maker, not any new fighter.

Same goes with Lloyd's, actually. Did not coincide with a fighter, just the N64 Castle stages.

I think using the Mii Costumes to "predict" a Capcom/Bamco rep because they HAVE to come with somebody from the same company, and not at any time or in any pack with any other connection, is a good way to turn the missing Mii Costumes into red herrings.
I see people bring this up, and honestly I think the main thing with Capcom is just, while other companies like Square-Enix and Namco only originally had three outfits at most, Capcom had a whole batch of them, with six outfits in total.

It's one thing to like, hold back the Chocobo Hat and the Geno outfit for Sephiroth, but holding back on adding six whole outfits for a Capcom fighter on the second pass would be a bit much. In that case, it does make sense to spread them out throughout the first pass, as Capcom obviously wasn't getting a character back then. They brought back all the Mega Man outfits, which makes sense because MM obviously isn't getting another fighter, but the MH outfits are still missing after all this time...

CureParfait

Smash Ace
So have any of you guys seen this 4chan leak?

It's interesting because this person predicted Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth all the way back in May. But I wouldn't put more stock on it unless Doom Slayer, Rayman, or Hayabusa is the next fighter.
It sounds like they are projecting their wishlist instead of a legitimate leak.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
So have any of you guys seen this 4chan leak?

It's interesting because this person predicted Min Min, Steve, and Sephiroth all the way back in May. But I wouldn't put more stock on it unless Doom Slayer, Rayman, or Hayabusa is the next fighter.
I somehow missed all the times where Ninjara is one of Min Min's alt skins or echo or something.

:4pacman:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
It sounds like they are projecting their wishlist instead of a legitimate leak.
I saw the 4chan thread in the 4chan archives earlier today, it was a prediction thread, not a leak thread, and considering how those usualy goes in any sites, it was 90% a wish list.

SKX31

Smash Master
Finally confirmed after all these years.

View attachment 296285
Where was he when Kamek tried to kidnap Mario and Luigi when they were babies? :4pacman:

If Sephiroth was purely for Remake shill, he'd have his Remake design. Yes, there's a difference, most notably the hairstyle.

I think Sephiroth was added in Smash because he's ****ing Sephiroth. You know, one of the absolute most iconic villains in all of gaming?

The fact that he brought FF content, something people have been hoping for the last 5 years, could potentially be a good argument in his favor as well.

As for Little Mac, I still believe the timing was a massive coincidence because his reveal was the only Punch-Out thing in the entire Direct he was shown in.
I should also note that the 4 FF7 remixes are (AFAIK) not Remake remixes but Smash-specific remixes, and Sephiroth's Challenger Pack heavily emphasised Advent Children alongside the original game. Which is a major point here: AC's not a new thing at all, and it's not going to be in the spotlight for the forseeable future otherwise really.

Tbh, whether we like it or not, SwSh is also the fastest selling game on the Switch (and if I'm not mistaken, one of the best-selling Pokémon games to date).

I don't think it's a lock and I do think the Spirits hurt their chances, but I'm keeping an open mind just in case.
Pokemon's in a kinda weird spot where it's obviously going to be in the spotlight, but it can be in the spotlight in so many ways too. Sure, a new Smash character could be one way... but the franchise has no shortage of other opportunities.

That's one reason I'm personally not sure if a Pokemon character is going to be in FP2 or not.

Anyhow, wouldn't mind any of the Gen 8 starters, but Baboom is the clear favorite because it's Baboom. I'll gladly accept either Cinderace ("Discount FIFA rep") or Inteleon ("Discount James Bond") though.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I saw the 4chan thread in the 4chan archives earlier today, it was a prediction thread, not a leak thread, and considering how those usualy goes in any sites, it was 90% a wish list.
So you're saying that someone took that post out of context and is calling it a leak.
Figures. there was also some guy who made a wishlist for FP1 and got four of them, but he was obviously not a leaker.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As we draw closer and closer to the end of FP2 (which we're still not really near) I see a growing amount of people broach the idea of a FP3.

I expect that to only increase until the thing Sakurai has pretty openly implied isn't coming indeed doesn't arrive. Fortunately it's still mostly treated like a pipe dream, and I only hope the tables don't shift more towards actual expectation the closer we get to the deadline. Because that won't end well.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
So you're saying that someone took that post out of context and is calling it a leak.
Figures. there was also some guy who made a wishlist for FP1 and got four of them, but he was obviously not a leaker.
Yup. It pretty much happens all the time with 4chan. Hell, it even hapened with jeuxvideo.com when sommebody had a wishlist with Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, Terry, and KOS-MOS.

RiderFan

Smash Rookie
Alternatively, we could just have fun and discuss which Pokémon would be cool to see in Smash instead of constantly sharing our dread of seeing anything related to Pokémon or SwSh.
Agreed. I personally love Cinderace and would really love to see him in Smash. Dragapult I think would be fantastic too if they decide not to go with a starter. Rillaboom would be respectable too and would be nice to have three different type starters.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
As we draw closer and closer to the end of FP2 (which we're still not really near) I see a growing amount of people broach the idea of a FP3.

I expect that to only increase until the thing Sakurai has pretty openly implied isn't coming indeed doesn't arrive. Fortunately it's still mostly treated like a pipe dream, and I only hope the tables don't shift more towards actual expectation the closer we get to the deadline. Because that won't end well.
If there is one thing the Smash community is good at, it's keeping expectations in check. :4pacman:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I know this is a joke post, but I don't like how society is against crying.

Like, crying release stuff that can help you deal with emotional and physical pain.
There's literally a song in DMC3 called "Devils Never Cry", which was the reference behind the joke.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace

Animal Crossing is the fastest selling Switch game by far, after Christmas it is already going to become the best selling switch game of all time. it's been out for 9 months and outsold every other game except for mario kart and in it's first 10 days on the market it sold 11 million copies.

Tom nook would make more sense than a Pokemon rep as right now Animal Crossing is the biggest franchise Nintendo has by a large margin.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gonna be honest.

I don't really expect Lloyd being included anymore.

Or any Tales character to be honest.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I was expecting costumes to be promoted and Geno was the one I was really expecting.

Monster Hunter is largely in the same boat. But it's so big I can see it sneaking in anyways.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Nice!

The fastest I've done is 12 seconds as Captain Falcon.
Nice~
I've done 15sec as :ultbylethf:
3 sec as :ultcloud:
2 sec as :ultgnw:
I made a Frisk moveset that I think handles it well. Basically, their neutral b makes them enter a mode where they need to dodge attacks (either by shielding or moving out of the way). If they dodge enough attacks (I had 3 sets of 5), their neutral B becomes SPARE, which is an instant KO. All the normals are Genocide, which is basically just regular smash.
I don't know..that sounds a little to convoluted and difficult to use / implement..as well as annoying to fight against.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom