• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I do think that Voice Theory is desperate and no different from all the other crapshot theories we've had to sit through since FP1.
No, I'm not saying voice theory is desperate but the way people solve this theory is so dumb by just throw unnecessary **** to a character, most prominent being highly discussed ones like Lloyd, Crash and of course Hayabusa by having Coco as his alternate costume when they're proportion is very different and just have Ayane thrown in there with Hayabusa cause why not.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

7NATOR

Smash Master
man i WISH we had Danganronpa content in Smash but i've accepted the most we'd get is a Monokuma Mii Brawler or Spirit Event, maybe both
Honestly, I don't think Danganronpa is Impossible or anything.

-I Believe Sakurai is a Huge fan of Series or something
-New Audience in Visual Novel Audience, and Danganronpa is Kind of known in the somewhat of a Similiar vain of Persona. I at least remember seeing it on Youtube a bunch

Granted Daganronpa never appeared on Nintendo Platforms. The Closet thing to it honestly is Ace Attorney, which Nintendo Audiences love. I'd be surprised if we got Character, but mii and Spirit event is likely I'd say, and full character not impossible

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Honestly, I don't think Danganronpa is Impossible or anything.

-I Believe Sakurai is a Huge fan of Series or something
-New Audience in Visual Novel Audience, and Danganronpa is Kind of known in the somewhat of a Similiar vain of Persona. I at least remember seeing it on Youtube a bunch

Granted Daganronpa never appeared on Nintendo Platforms. The Closet thing to it honestly is Ace Attorney, which Nintendo Audiences love. I'd be surprised if we got Character, but mii and Spirit event is likely I'd say, and full character not impossible
I'm not sure how reliable the first point is - Sakurai likes a lot of games.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually Though, Since Danganropa got Mentioned, (and there's been talk of Fortnite even since that one Twitter Rumor)

I just realized something, and I have another Theory to Suggest

Bringing Back the '80s - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Hailing from the '90s - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

The Year Is 200X - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

We have not gotten a Tournament based around characters Orginating in the 2010's

And there's enough Characters originating in 2010's to base a Tournament Around

The Last one of these tourneys happened in June of this year, Almost 6 months ago.

What if One of the DLC Characters might be tied to this Decade, and that's why we haven't gotten a 2010's Tourney yet?

Last edited:

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
Actually Though, Since Danganropa got Mentioned, (and there's been talk of Fortnite even since that one Twitter Rumor)

We have not gotten a Tournament based around characters Orginating in the 2010's

The Last one of these tourneys happened in June of this year, Almost 6 months ago.

What if One of the DLC Characters might be tied to this year, and that's why we haven't gotten a 2010's Tourney yet?
I think that's definitely gonna happen

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

What if One of the DLC Characters might be tied to this Decade, and that's why we haven't gotten a 2010's Tourney yet?
Calyrex is one of the dlc fighters. There's a 20's tournament just for him. nobody else.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
No, I'm not saying voice theory is desperate but the way people solve this theory is so dumb by just throw unnecessary **** to a character, most prominent being highly discussed ones like Lloyd, Crash and of course Hayabusa by having Coco as his alternate costume when they're proportion is very different and just have Ayane thrown in there with Hayabusa cause why not.
For a second I thought you meant Coco being an alt of Hayabusa. That's a mental image.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Time's running out for that one geno theory about the mario tournament
Toad

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Our last 2 characters are from this decade (Arms is from 2017 and Minecraft from 2011). Maybe we could have more later in the pass, but I expect the next fighter to be older.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder if they’ll announce the Danganronpa 1/2/V3 collection for switch soon

maybe including Ultra Despair Girls as well

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
If we're talking about a Danganronpa character being playable for sure it will be the main student Naegi/Hajime/Saihara

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

The 2010's current fighters are the least amount of the decades in Smash, with 14. The second smallest amount is 16 with the 2000's.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I see no universe where it isn't Monokuma. The others would be cooler but it would almost certainly be Monokuma
Why Monokuma tho? Yeah he's the mascot but what will he represent the core part of the gameplay of the class trial since so far all character represent their core part of their game. Joker with Persona, Steve with crafting and mining, and Min Min with ARMS gameplay. It would be very odd to just plop the truth bullet gameplay to Monokuma when canonically he can't.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Why Monokuma tho? Yeah he's the mascot but what will he represent the core part of the gameplay of the class trial since so far all character represent their core part of their game. Joker with Persona, Steve with crafting and mining, and Min Min with ARMS gameplay. It would be very odd to just plop the truth bullet gameplay to Monokuma when canonically he can't.
They'll Probably use Creative Liberties, and say Monokuma ate the Students souls, and that's why he can do truth bullets

Or something like that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
They'll Probably use Creative Liberties, and say Monokuma ate the Students souls, and that's why he can do truth bullets

Or something like that
it's funny how that sounds like a thing monokuma would say to threaten the kids

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

Or something like that
That's makes no sense and just borderline fanfic when all of the protag survive the killing game, he's the embodiment of despair, he barely participate in the class trial and just sits there spitting out one-liner. That's like having Slime first rather than Hero and just applied DQ spells because he joined the party.

I mean Monokuma can do anything except for having supernatural ability.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That's makes no sense and just borderline fanfic when all of the protag survive the killing game, he's the embodiment of despair, he barely participate in the class trial and just sits there spitting out one-liner. That's like having Slime first rather than Hero and just applied DQ spells because he joined the party.
I mean, Monokuma could use bombs and stuff like the stuff in V3 and hell, one of his attacks could be Spears of Gungnir

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

Well Sakurai did say he was willing to Work with Slime if Hero was not an option. We never knew what he would do because Hero got in, but It seems like he had an idea

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Monokuma is in every game, he is the reason for everything, his moveset could be based around executions or the various monokumas from Ultra Despair Girls. He doesn't have to use Truth bullets

Byleth uses weapons he cannot use (in lore) much less equip I don't think Canon is on the forefront of the devs minds

I do agree that the Students would be more interesting I just personally don't see that happening.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Well Sakurai did say he was willing to Work with Slime if Hero was not an option. We never knew what he would do because Hero got in, but It seems like he had an idea
I mean, Monokuma could use bombs and stuff lime the stuff in V3 and hell, one of his attacks could be Spears of Gungnir
I mean if you think about Danganronpa you think about the class trial and how it was solved by truth bullet, like I said truth bullet is the core part and obviously should have been a gimmick.

About Slime of course Sakurai consider him cause how tight Square Enix as his second best ideal character is while Chunsoft? You don't have to ask 2 times to have their character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom