• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
Btw just to let you know that this isn’t the first time they showed the Rex costume in potd

So please stop with all the deconfirm assumption

it’s hard for me being a rex fan these days when I’m dealing with Rex deniers and elma fans you know what I’m saying?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well I'd at least say that personally, I could see where Rie is Coming from with this Pic Deconfirming Rex, Because There has been a Pattern to References to DLC Characters only coming after the Character is revealed. This would mean no rex

But on that note, That would also Mean No Ryu Hayabusa, Arle, or Crash Bandicoot, So if Rex Deconfirmed here, those Characters also Deconfirmed
Or maybe Sakurai is just flexing his gaming knowledge on us?

Reminder that all of these pics are for fun. They don't need to have a meaning.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Btw just to let you know that this isn’t the first time they showed the Rex costume in potd

it’s hard for me being a rex fan these days when I’m dealing with Rex deniers and elma fans you know what I’m saying?
elma fans
This seems like a bit of a generalization

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

Oof, tbh you can't really run from every deconfirmation about your most wanted character especially someone like Rex who have been brought up multiple times as a first party pick. It's like when you tell Geno fans to shut up, it's an endless cycle of deconfirmation and denial for highly requested character.

For me? Yeah, being a Reimu supporter is kinda chill but I have to expect everyone to argue about her being niche worldwide which i could do all day 😎

P.S. I prefer Elma more than Rex so sorry.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Or maybe Sakurai is just flexing his gaming knowledge on us?

Reminder that all of these pics are for fun. They don't need to have a meaning.
I'm still apprehensive.

Like part of my brain says they are just Pic, but the other Part is saying there is more than meets the eye with these pics, like it may be over for these characters, Especially Rex, that it might be deconfirming them

All I'm saying is I'm not gonna hold my Breath. I'll just say if they post anything Referencing Sonic's Anniversary or anything Shadow Related, I'm giving up on Predicting Shadow for this Pass, even if technically the Pics might mean nothing

But there has been Pattern of None of the DLC being foreshadowed or referenced in the Pic of the Days until after they get revealed. yes

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Forget that, the almighty cat is in the house

Last edited:

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
you know what I’m just gonna take a break from this thread(more like never return lol) because I don’t wanna be around here and listen to all the assumptions and stretches here anymore

So I’m just gonna leave this thread and pretend that this was a bad dream

one big bad dream of mine

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Danganronpa's protagonists would make for a fun character. Though after seeing the cover for that 10th anniversary book, it would be a little weird to see Hajime as a an alt for Makoto.
people debating if phoenix wright or monokuma will be fp8.

it'll be both of them. a tag team fighter
People really chose Professor K over this and Daft Punk. ):

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Danganronpa's protagonists would make for a fun character. Though after seeing the cover for that 10th anniversary book, it would be a little weird to see Hajime as a an alt for Makoto.

People really chose Professor K over this and Daft Punk. ):
He’s not tall, Makoto’s just short :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think the PotD is a good way to confirm or deconfirm anything.

That said, let me go ahead and say something.

you know what I’m just gonna take a break from this thread(more like never return lol) because I don’t wanna be around here and listen to all the assumptions and stretches here anymore

So I’m just gonna leave this thread and pretend that this was a bad dream

one big bad dream of mine
Oof, tbh you can't really run from every deconfirmation about your most wanted character especially someone like Rex who have been brought up multiple times as a first party pick. It's like when you tell Geno fans to shut up, it's an endless cycle of deconfirmation and denial for highly requested character.

For me? Yeah, being a Reimu supporter is kinda chill but I have to expect everyone to argue about her being niche worldwide which i could do all day 😎

P.S. I prefer Elma more than Rex so sorry.
You two need to stop being...

whatever the **** this is...

I think I'd describe it as like... teens with grudges, but they're usually not this petty.

You've both gone out of your way to insult other users and fanbases in the last few days.

Stop.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
2B
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Doom Slayer
Master Chief
Monokuma
Ryu Hayabusa

Anyone else that would feel like a VGA reveal?
Did I miss something that made Monokuma more likely? I've always been under the impression that if we get a VN rep it will be Phoenix Wright. I love both series though and honestly I just hope any rep from a VN game makes it in. I love when a new rep ends up representing a new genre for Smash. Now if only we could get a horror rep...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, what would your reaction be if we got an Angry Bird as a character?

I.D.

Smash Lord
Censor-dodging; some of the images have been removed
If we get a Freddy costume I can finally make my Five Nights at ****boy’s memes

its time

to inhale

Also

they finally showed the Rex costume in promotional material (POTD/trailers/the like). Game Over for him...?

I’d think so tbh
lmao what a goldmine

20201201_092534.png

20201201_092621.png

20201201_092702.png

20201201_092758.png

ASS STATUS: WHITE HOT ANALPOCALYPSE

Last edited by a moderator:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So, what would your reaction be if we got an Angry Bird as a character?
I’d die of laughter because they’re 10 years too late. The Angry Birds games were fun though!
Man, I’m so glad I don’t go to Twitter anymore. It’s 99% bitter people looking to trash on things that they don’t like. On all topics, not just Smash.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If we get a Freddy costume I can finally make my Five Nights at ****boy’s memes

its time

to inhale

Also

they finally showed the Rex costume in promotional material (POTD/trailers/the like). Game Over for him...?

I’d think so tbh
"This will be the end of Rex's chances to be a fighter," says increasingly nervous newcomer speculation thread user for the hundreth time this year.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Any character can feel like a VGA reveal if Nintendo wills it to be so.
They can't reveal that Cranky Kong will be playable in Tropical Freeze at VGA 2013! They HAVE to reveal a crossover with King Kong! Imagine the hype!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
You two need to stop being...

whatever the **** this is...

I think I'd describe it as like... teens with grudges, but they're usually not this petty.

You've both gone out of your way to insult other users and fanbases in the last few days.

Stop.
This thread has a very weird subculture of users who seem like all they ever do is dunk on characters they don't like's fanbases and paint themselves as "superior" to all these bad stinky smash fans!!!!!!! when it only really makes them look like kind of douchebags

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
2B
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Doom Slayer
Master Chief
Monokuma
Ryu Hayabusa

Anyone else that would feel like a VGA reveal?
I feel like it could really be anyone.

Joker completely came out of left field for three reasons.
  1. We didn't expect another PlayStation-focused rep after Cloud. Some even though SMT would be more likely due to Nintendo appearances.
  2. We didn't expect a Game Awards reveal at all since it never happened before.
  3. Persona 5 wasn't nominated to any category since its release date, which is either late 2016 or early 2017 depending on where you live, instead made it qualify for the previous year's.
First reason shows that we, as a community, are horrible at predicting things and that it could always be literally anyone.

But I think the third reason is why I'm very surprised people focus on Doom Slayer, a nominee from this year. It'd be dope, but it relies on the coincidence of Doom Eternal being nominated as Game of the Year and Sakurai's team working on the character at the exact same time, and we how much time a character can make, it's very unlikely the devs would know Doom Eternal is nominated before they started working on him so again, it'd be a huge coincidence.

Doom Eternal's nominations do nothing for Doom Slayer's chances in Smash and I feel like that's something no one here realizes.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel like it could really be anyone.

Joker completely came out of left field for three reasons.
  1. We didn't expect another PlayStation-focused rep after Cloud. Some even though SMT would be more likely due to Nintendo appearances.
  2. We didn't expect a Game Awards reveal at all since it never happened before.
  3. Persona 5 wasn't nominated to any category since its release date, which is either late 2016 or early 2017 depending on where you live, instead made it qualify for the previous year's.
People expect Smash reveals at every gaming event. The Game Awards were actually a reasonable non-Nintendo event to have expected something given Nintendo does reveal stuff at them and the event was held on the day of or the day before Smash's release depending on where you lived. Only thing that really made people sceptical was that the DLC roster had only recently been announced to have been decided upon so it was up on the air as to whether we were far enough along to get a reveal.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom