• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Watching the TGAs is just something I do now. It’s been a tradition for me since like...2011? So yeah, I usually have my phone sitting there with it on while I play something and pause it if I see something I find interesting.

I dunno why people seem to think that they can’t multitask by keeping The Game Awards on lol. I’ll see a smash reveal if it happens and if it don’t happen it ain’t like I wasted my time.
I'll probably just hang out with family or play a game in the background while I watch it this year 'cause giving last year's my full attention was too hard, lol.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I am watching the Game Awards in hope that Doom Eternal wins a few awards. Specifically I would love for it to win GotY since i fee it really deserves it. Aside from that I would say it’d be pretty poetic for Mick Gordon to win best OST for Doom after their complications at the beginning of this year. I hope at that point they could make amends but who knows?

The reveals SHOULD be cool as well, what with a new console generation being here and no E3. I’m hoping to at least see Halo Infinite and something from God of War Ragnarok but I know that’s asking a lot. A Smash reveal would make up for any short comings but we’ll just have to see how it runs out.

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice
The Oath in Felghana for the new generations.

Though, based on VIII and IX, I'd imagine the next Ys game would be scheduled for 2021 in Japan for the PS4 (Or maybe shift to the PS5?) and branch out over the course of the next couple years.
Logically speaking, Ys 10 should be the next big Falcom game based on timing. But Falcom announced in this article that an all new entry in the Trails series is coming out next year:

Falcom will release several titles in celebration of its 40th anniveresary in 2021, including the next entry in the Trails series, the company said in its latest financial report (2).

The key tidbits are as follows:

• 2021 will mark the 40th anniversary of Falcom.
  • Falcom plans to release multiple titles for console(s) in commemoration of its 40th anniversary, including an all-new entry in the Trails series.
  • With over five million copies sold and winner of various awards including the Japan Game Awards, Famitsu Award, and PlayStation Awards, the Trails series is one of Falcom’s flagship franchises.
  • Falcom will expand its game content to multiple platforms such as PlayStation 4, Switch, PC, and smartphone worldwide (Japan, North America, Europe, and Asia).
  • Falcom will continue to provide appealing new game content while actively utilizing in-house IP to produce new titles that act as new challenges, including the Trails and Ys series.

The most recent entry in the Trails series, The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki, launched for PlayStation 4 on August 27 in Japan and Asia.

Which is why I figured that Ys 10 might be a bit later(possibly 2022). Of course, they could release both Ys 10 and the next Trails game next year... I mean, it IS Falcom's 40th anniversary after all, so it would be cool if they did something big like that for it. As for an Ys 5 remake, I can see that happening next year mainly because it's the only title to not get officially localized yet, and it is long overdue. Then again, they could just port the PS2 remake of Ys 5 to the PS4/Switch/PC/Smartphone, localize it, and call it a day. I don't know if the PS2 remake is any good though(I mean, the gameplay looks solid enough at least).

As for branching out... Falcom's intent to "expand its game content to multiple platforms" suggests to me that they want to release their games on as many systems as possible going forward. And with Falcom's new engine, it is possible that it will allow them to start making games that can be multiplatform on release, without having to go to a third party like NISA, DotEmu, Clouded Leopard Entertainment, etc... to port them. If that is the case, then chances are the next Trails/Ys titles will be simultaneously released on the PS4, PS5, Switch, PC, and whatever else they decide to release them on. Of course, this is just a guess on my part.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
I'm not worrying about deciphering these rumors. The people involved aren't that reliable in the first place.

To be fair, they could announce it at any time until March when the anniversary event ends.

I mean, we're bound to get more Mario news soon regardless because of 3D World.
There’s a new Mario sports trademark that happen recently, so...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is Ys really that good?
Idk listen to this overworld music and tell me

For real though most of the games are on a Steam sale right now and one of Ys' strengths is that despite almost every game having the same protag, it doesn't matter what order you play, though Chronicles, the remakes of 1 and 2, is 4.50 right now. Great price for 2 games tbh

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It was probably still in production when the rules went into effect and got amnesty.
I honestly have no idea what rules you're talking about. Nintendo seems to be more restrictive on how you can alter Mario species but that's about it. Odyssey showed us a game where Mario can hop around a realistic New York style setting with realistic humans complete with a show stopping musical number. Mario has also crossed over with Puzzles & Dragons series too. Where are people getting this idea that Mario is a series with super strict restrictions.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I honestly have no idea what rules you're talking about. Nintendo seems to be more restrictive on how you can alter Mario species but that's about it. Odyssey showed us a game where Mario can hop around a realistic New York style setting with realistic humans complete with a show stopping musical number. Mario has also crossed over with Puzzles & Dragons series too. Where are people getting this idea that Mario is a series with super strict restrictions.
Probably from the devs that went on record stating that Mario is a series with super strict restrictions.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If you aren't the same studio making Odyssey and other mainline Mario games, I doubt you'll have a lot of freedom like you could've had back in the early 2000s.

Nintendo has the canvas. They paint Mario however they want, and others are only allowed to trace or make small additions to their work of art.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Odyssey is from the actual Nintendo studio though so the restrictions don't really apply to them (because they're the ones making them). And honestly, if you take out the Metro Kingdom, The Ruined Kingdom and the T-Rex, Mario Odyssey doesn't fall that far away from the tree.

And a Puzzles and Dragons crossover isn't really "risky".

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Because it's plain and easy to see when Nintendo's policies on how second parties can use the Mario brand changed.
Paper Mario went from a series where we could see enemy species doing things other than opposing Mario and see Toads being their own people to nothing but jokes about how it's all the same.

You could tell they were really trying with Origami King with the big plot twist being the villain wanting to genocide all the Toads because he sees the face of the person who hurt his pride everywhere but I still miss Goombella.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
First, ATs have far more interaction with the fighters and can even be KOed. Second, Chrom was a last minute Echo Fighter and he was left in Robin's FS out of pure laziness.
Chrom is Schrodinger's echo. He is simultaneously one of the most creative echoes (he's one of two with significant gameplay alterations) and one of the laziest (they didn't change Robin's Final Smash, and it took until the Joker patch for him to get the Awakening theme.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I wonder if Genshin Impact will get any content in Smash to coincide with it's Switch release like a mii costume or a spirit event.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
In all honesty, Chrom using a similar up-special as Ike instead of Roy is more impressive than the no sweetspot dealie. The concept had already been used with Lucina.

Ken is still the most impressive Echo to me, and that's probably because he's the only who has enough moves unique to himself to qualify as a semi-clone. He really sticks out among Echoes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
echo gameplay functionality is less important than who they're allowing to join the battle imo

Richter will always be the greatest echo of all time because it enables Richter Mode
There's no Hydro Storm so does it really count as Richter Mode? Before you try to bring up Portrait of Ruin, that game doesn't have Richter Mode but Richitcer Mode.
I wonder if Genshin Impact will get any content in Smash to coincide with it's Switch release like a mii costume or a spirit event.
That depends on how far in advance those deals are made as low effort as they may be compared to a full on character, so I don't think it is. Would be pretty funny though

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Hey guys, I think they might have plans for Golden S-"
"Don't ask questions, just consume Generic Big Name Third Party FP2 Prediction Guest Starring Pokemon Sword & Shield and don't be prepared for when it's not 100% true"

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Welcome to the {0} Smashboards Character Analysis! These articles will not be looking at why a character is or isn't likely, so please do not expect that going in. Instead, they will focus on how a character might play in Smash and how their series might be represented within the Fighter's Pass.

"The most likely to star in a video game" Smashboards' Goemon and Ganbare Goemon Analysis

Introduction to the Ganbare Goemon series and Goemon
Ganbare Gomeon was created and produced by Konami. The driving creative force behind the creation of Goemon was led by Etsunobu Ebisu. The series protagonist, Goemon, was loosely based on the japanese robinhood like figure of Ishikawa Goemon. Ishikawa Goemon was a noble who would steal gold and valuables to give to the poor. Ultimately, his fate was to be boiled alive with his son. Whilst the legend itself is rather series in tone, the Ganbare Goemon series is not. Ganbare Goemon, or as it is known in the west "Mystical Ninja" is about the exploits of Goemon and his gang of misfits. The series is set in an alternate "feudal" japan where everything looks ancient Japanese, but the likes of Giant robots, aliens from outer space, crazed dancing stage plays, laugh tracks, 4th wall breaks, a man who throws the death star and many more zenny things are possible.

Like the Mario series, there is no real continuous narrative within the series. It often starts with something happening and Goemon and his crew jump in to save the day. Either it being him saving his beloved Omitsu from being kidnapped by men dressed as Rabbits or saving the world from a man who insists on recycling, anything can happen.

Gameplay of his first outing, Mr. Goemon (1986) revolved jumping from rooftops to avoid obsticales and enemies to reach the end of levels. It was a popular Arcade game, enough for Konami to create 23 main line games, 7 spin off games, 2 Pachislot machines, a medal game and even a board game. The Goemon formula would then evolve into more action platformer fair, with bulk of the titles being 2D side scrolling platformers.

Given such a large series, many would wonder why it is mostly unheard of in the West. The reason for that is because Konami deemed the Mystical Ninja too Japanese and difficult for the west to understand. Only 5 titles (Legend of the Mystical Ninja [SNES], Legend of the Mystical Ninja [GB], Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (in "Konami GB Collection Vol.3") [GB], Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon [N64] and Goemon's Great Adventure/Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon 2) would be released outside of Japan. Even with its limited worldwide success, the Goemon series flourished in Japan, with a 23 episode anime series, two anime OVAs and a series consisting of 19 Manga. The games the series produced are some of the best platformers many would have missed, with the N64 era being a shining example of solid 3D platforming goodness, being an excellent Legend of Zelda styled game before the official Legend of Zelda was released on the system.

Goemon Character Overview
Goemon would be rather unique for a fighter pass character given that he would follow in Banjos footsteps of being relatively plain, with only one main gimmick in his arsenal. This however does not mean he would be uninteresting or bland, just that he is more tuned for being a Smash Ultimate fighter. Let’s break down Goemon's basics.

Goemon is an average character, similar to Mario, being roughly near the middle. He has decent range, with his neutral B and forward B giving him ranged options. His attack has some decent distance to it and with his moderate speed; he can be quite a formidable foe. He however is slightly slower with his attacks and some of his moves are predictable.

Goemon's color costumes are all based on references to his series. His first 4 colors directly reference himself, and his partners Ebisumaru, Sasuke and Yae. The fifth color is in reference to his Kabuki character design. His fifth color is reference to Baben from the PSX game. His pink alt is referencing a few different foes he has interacted with in his past games, most noteablly the Peach Mountain Showguns. His last color is based on Gorku, also from the PSX game.

Goemon's franchise icon is the same symbol seen thought all of this games.
https://imgur.com/gJdSB5D

Goemon’s Gimmick
The main gimmick Goemon has is his ability to upgrade his weapons based on pick-ups. If Goemon is able to pull off a charged smash attack that is greater than 60% of its full charge, a fortune cat will fall out of the enemy opponent. If Goemon collects this item, he will gain stat buffs until he the next time he takes damage. Goemon has the ability to upgrade his attack power and range up to four levels, with each getting longer and stronger as he gains fortune cats. If he is hit, he will drop down a level, meaning that it benefits him to avoid damage as much as possible, but he does not start over every time he is struck.

Goemon Specials and Final Smash

Neutral Special: Medal of Flames (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon):
This move is from Mystical Ninja and Goemons Great Adventure on the N64. He learns the move by donating five Ryu to the temple on top of the hill. This move is pretty much him throwing the currency in the games, and when he gets the ability to charge it, it is him throwing the currency in the games on fire. Goemon will throw a coin out in front of him. This attack can be charged up by holding down B for a short time. When this move is charged, Goemon will throw a further flying, stronger coin on fire. This move will knock an opponent back slightly and if done right, the flame coin will get in a few more hits before disappearing. This move will always have a forward trajectory, even when he is lying down. There is no bounce or arc to the move. It flys forward until it disappears or hits an enemy. Goemon can spam this move, similar to Falco's blaster, but given its wind up time, it is mainly best for zoning.

Side Special: Mist Meteor (Bōken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon):
Goemon will extend his arm out and a mist will spring out from around him. He is able to damage anyone nearby with this mist that appears. The mist will fly away from Goemon in an arc and land into the ground 4 ft in front of the character. Given it travels in an arc, it is possible for enemies to duck under this move to avoid being hit. This move makes a good edge guarding technique, as when it is shot offstage, it will travel until it disappears off the screen. Goemon is able to move again after the mist has left his person and started flying. He is not able to fire the move a second time whilst a Mist Meteor is currently on the stage. Only one Mist Meteor at any given time.

Down Special: Kabuki Quantum (Legend of the Mystical Ninja):
This move hails from the "Legend of the Mystical Ninja" on the SNES. This is one of Goemon's super moves he can perform to clear out enemies. When pressing Down B, Goemon will grow his hair out long and whip it back and forth. He does this in a head banging circular motion. Just like Donkey Kongs down B, if you hit the B button whilst pressing, he will continue to spin his head. Unlike DK's move, this move can be performed in the air. When Goemon starts, he will lose all forward momentum and drop in place as he whips his hair back and forth.

Up Special: Super Goemon (Legend of the Mystical Ninja):
Goemon will spring into the air vertically about twice his height. He goes straight up vertically and then levels off. He will fly horizontally at this height for 3 seconds before entering free fall. The height Goemon files upwards is dependent on how long B is held, with him flying higher the longer B is held down. This move has great horizontal recovery, but is predictable due to Goemon being stuck on the same horizontal plain until free fall.

Final Smash: Goemon Impact (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon):
Goemon will pull out his signature triton shell and blow into it. He will then jump off the screen and into Goemon Impact. The player will gain control of a reticle that they need to move and aim at opponents. When the B button is pressed again, Goemon impact will fire his Goemon Impact Laser attack into the stage, killing anyone caught in the blast radius.

Goemon’s Smash attacks and other Notable attacks
Neutral A / Multi Attack (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)

Goemon swings his pipe in an arch fashion over his head. The attack starts from behind his body, swings to in front of him and down toward the ground. It covers 20 degrees from vertical behind his back to 150 degrees from vertical in his front. If the player presses the button again, the Goemon will pull the attack back in a sweeping sideward motion. The second attack has no vertical range, being 90 degrees from Goemons top and sweeping sidewards. A Third press will have Goemon finish off his three hit combo by performing another downward vertical swing. This swing looks very similar to the first one and functions the same.

Forward Tilt A (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Goemon swings his pipe forward. This is very similar to his Neutral A attack, but the attack comes out a few frames faster and it has a slightly larger hitbox.

Up Tilt A (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Goemon Swings his pipe directly up above his head. This move Functions, has the same frame data and power as his forward tilt, it is just that Goemon is swinging his pipe upwards to the sky.

Down Tilt A (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Goemon has the ability to crawl. If the player holds down, Goemon will lie down on his stomach and crawl. By performing his Down Tilt, he will swing his pipe as if he was standing. This move is lower to the ground, and only hits infront of Goemon. Given he is on the ground though, he has a smaller hit box and the move still has the same speed and power as his Forward Tilt A.

Aerial Neutral A – Daikaen (Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2: Tenka no Zaihō)
Goemon will generate fire around himself. These 6 little fireballs will spin around him for a brief time as he falls to the ground.

Aerial Up A – Breaking Kick (Ganbare Goemon: Kuru Nara Koi! Ayashige Ikka no Kuroi Kage)
Goemon spins upside down and performs a tormado like kick up into the air. It is very similar to the move Rising tackle that terry bogard uses. Goemon however does not gain any vertical lift from performing the move.

Aerial Down A – Turning Leg (Ganbare Goemon: Kuru Nara Koi! Ayashige Ikka no Kuroi Kage)
This is Goemons down Air move. He spins in a circle sweeping his leg around him, perfoming a spinning kick. A good example of said move in action is Mario’s tornado punch, but instead of punching, Goemon is kicking.

Aerial Forward A – Rocket Kiseru (Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ōgon Kiseru)
Goemon fires a small rocket pipe lid off the top of his pipe directly into the opponent in front of him. Given this attack is rather powerful, it performs rather decent knockback.

Aerial Back A – Rocket Kiseru (Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ōgon Kiseru)
Goemon performs the same move as he does for his Aerial Forward A, but he turns and fires it behind him instead of infront of him. Different animation for the attack.

Smash Forward – Kobun Tiger (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Goemon will jump onto a Kobun tiger and lunge forwards, ramming into any foes that get into his way. Goemon will then jump off the beast as it turns and disappears.

Smash Down – Mountain Ox Cart (Bōken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon)
Two large ox like carts appear on either Side of Goemon. They come out of the ground with force, knocking foes into the air with an upwards trajectory. When the smash is released, the ox cars will then thrust outwards, away from Goemon. This second part of the attack causes a more horizontal trajectory to enemies that are struck by the attack.

Smash Up – Hidden Snake Road (Bōken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon)
Goemon will stand in place and change the attack. When released, Bone snakes will burst out from underneath him and fly into the sky hitting directly above him. This move has decent range, being able to go roughly twice the height of Goemon himself.

Grab – Chain Pipe (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)
Goemon throws out his chain pipe Grab. It is like his standard pipe, but it has great reach. Think of Links Hook shot. This grab can also attach to the stage. The chain pipe has considerable reach, about twice that of Goemons standard attack.

Pummel – Kiseru Level 4 (Goemon: Shin Sedai Shūmei!)
Goemon swings his pipe into the enemy and a shining light appears as his pipe strikes the foe, counting as multiple hits and doing multiple pieces of damage.

Throw Down – Kiwai No Mouse (Bōken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon)
6 Small rocket mice appear under Goemon as he slams the opponent into the ground. When the enemy hits the ground, the rocket mice explode, launching the enemy high into the air.

Throw Forward– Rush down (Ganbare Goemon: Kuru Nara Koi! Ayashige Ikka no Kuroi Kage)
Goemon will Take the person and perform close line on them and knocking them forward.

Throw Backward – Boomerang Kiseru (Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ōgon Kiseru)
Goemon will throw his opponent into the ground, and then push them off, toss his pipe into them and send them flying. The pipe will ricochet back to Goemon.

Throw Up – Shirara no Gun (Bōken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon)
Goemon will turn into a small hurricane, spin the opponent around in a circle and launch them high into the air. He will then turn back to normal after the opponent is sent flying.

Goemon’s Entrance Animation and other Animations
Entrance (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)

Goemon will exit a curtain, as if he is leaving from a house.

Taunt Up (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Goemon will spin his pipe in a circle and then bonk himself on the head, surprising himself.

Taunt Forward (Mystical Ninja Staring Goemon)
Goemon will face the screen and start to do a “DBZ” style charging pose. His hair will then flair yellow, like he went super sayian. Goemon will then power down right afterwards.

Taunt Down (Legend of the Mystical Ninja)
Goemon will spin his pipe, similar as his up taunt, but instead of hitting himself on the head, he succeeds in the spin and gives a pose, extending his other hand and standing on one foot, to look cool.

Idle 1 (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)
When Goemon has been left idle for too long, he will put his hands on his hips and start tapping his foot. He has a very angry expression on his face, to signify he is not amused.

Idle 2 (Goemon Anime)
When Goemon has been left idle for too long, he will pull out a rice ball and quickly eat it up before getting back into stance.

Victory 1 (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)
Goemon will plant his foot into the ground, with a wide gap between his legs. He will put his left hand forward and spin his head in a clockwards fashion. This looks very similar to his animation that is played when he picks up a fortune doll in the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon N64 game

Victory 2 (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)
Goemon descends from the sky with sparkles flying around him. This mirrors his animation as he is dropped off by Impact after successfully defeating an impact boss. Goemon will hit the ground and perform a pose with his pipe. The standard legs spread and arms forward pose he often takes.

Victory 3 (Mr Goemon)
Goemon will turn to the screen, hop on one foot to the left, all the while throwing some Ryo. He will continue hopping left throwing the coins until he disappears off screen.

Lose Screen
Goemon performs a slow clap, with a rather angry look upon his face.

Victory Theme (Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)
This is the Goemon Impact Victory Theme that plays once Goemon Impact has defeated a giant robot.

Goemon’s Classic Mode:

Title: Most Likely to star in a

The theme of Goemon’s arcade mode is twofold. Not only is he going on a standard adventure to defeat the villain a-la his gaming adventures, but he is also attempting to break into the west and show the world he is Most likely to star in a video game. His classic mode revolves around taking down other famous game protagonists, but in the vein of a goemon adventure.

Round 1 –Vs. Pac man, Mr. Game and Watch
The first round is Goemon starting with the earliest known game characters in the game. He is taking on the elderly of Pac man and Mr Game and Watch.

Round 2 –Vs. Ryu, Megaman
Goemon’s journey has only begun. It is now time for him to take on his next advisory. He has to defeat the Capcom powerhouses Ryu and Megaman, showing that his series has what it takes to stand with his retro kin.

Round 3 –Vs. Giant R.O.B.
After many major battles, there is often an impact battle. This fight is to represent that. That is why he is fighting a giant ROB.

Round 4 –Vs. Sonic, Bayonetta
Goemon is now making a stop at the Sega building. He is taking on the heros of Segas old and new series.

Round 5 –Vs. Simon, Richter, Snake
One last stop before the Goemon takes on the greats. He Is taking on his Konami brethren to show how strong he really is.

Round 6 –Vs. Mario, Luigi, Peach and Bowser
The final stop, to show the world he is most likely to star in a smash game is the Mario team. Goemon is to take on Mario and his crew. Goemon usually would not be doing this alone, but given Smash, he has to do his best.

Round Final –Vs. Gallom
Every Goemon game often ends with, or closely with an impact boss battle. Gallom is a perfect stand in for said fight.

Goemon’s Stage: Plasma Fortune Telling House
https://imgur.com/yNZgeD8

The Goemon Plasma stage is rather simples compared to many of the stages that came before it. It is a single walk off platform that has one small wall placed in the middle of the stage. This wall is just a rope that can be bounced off of. The left, right and up directions are where opponents can be KOed. The stage has some background cameos, mainly being Plasma himself and his two fantastic dancers. When the fight gets intense, Plasma will swing on his rope more and more and when the battle gets down to the last minute, or final stocks, the dancers go into dancing overdrive and start dancing at a much quicker pace. It is a simple stage, in the same vain as Dracula’s Castle.

There are other stage cameos outside of Plasma and his Dancers. Specifically Omitsu, Princess Yuki, Kurobei and Ms. Impact peering in from the roof every now and then.

Goemon’s Music Tracks:

Here is a list of potential music tracks for the series:
Ganbare Goemon (Famicom) - Secret Maze
Ganbare Goemon 2 (Famicom) - Hokkaidoba
Ganabre Goemon Gaiden (Famicom) - Battle Theme
Ganbare Goemon 2 (Super Famicom) - Title Screen
Ganbare Goemon 3 (Super Famicom) - Boss Theme
Mystical Nina (N64) - I Am IMPACT
Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES) - Goemons Home Oedo
Ganbare Goemon: Uchuu Kaizoku Akogingu (PSX) - Oedo Town
Goemon's Great Adventure (N64) - Ryugu Castle
Ganbare Goemon DS (NDS) - Dangerous Pathway
Ganbare Goemon (Pachislot) - Iga Ninja Mansion
Gabare Goemon 2 (Panchislot) - Beat the Mecha Corp

Goemon’s Spirit Board:

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 1: The Royal Family
Type: Assist/Defense
Class: Novice
Ability: Increased Defense

Character: Wario, Villager, Inciniroar
Stage: Suzaku Castle
Rules: Standard Battle

This battle is rather straight forward. You have three opponents that exist that represent the Lord, Princess and her ninja cat. All three will try to avoid the player, running away when the player gets close.

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 2: Monoshiri and Omitsu
Type: Primary/Speed
Class: Advanced
Ability: Increased item power

Character: Goemon, Mii Brawler, Villager
Stage: Animal Crossing Town

The player is tasked with defeating Goemon as the Mii Brawler whom is wearing a Vince beard and a Villager run away and throw projectiles at the player.

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 3: Gaiden Companions
Type: Assist/Neutral
Class: Novice
Ability: Higher Hp in Stamina, +10

Character: Simon, Robin, Daisey, Corrin, Inciniroar, ROB, Lucina
Stage: Dracula's Castle
Rules: Stamina Battle

This battle is a 1 v 7 free for all where the player is tasked with defeating proxies for old RPG companions. Simon, Daisy and Inciniroar are all small.

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 4: Baben and Goroku
Type: Assist/Speed
Ability: Increased projectile attacks

Character: Mr Game and Watch. Donkey Kong
Stage: Mario Galaxy
Rules: Stamina Battle

Standard Battle where the enemies favor projectiles.

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 5: Seppikumaru and the 4 Tsugiri
Type: Assist/Attack
Class: Legend
Ability: Start with Beam sword

Character: Captain Falcon, Kirby, Kirby, Kirby, Kirby
Stage: Mario Galaxy Omega

All enemies start with a beam sword. The Moon Assist trophy will also appear randomly as the battle progresses. Defeat all fighters to win the battle..

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 6: Bismaru
Type: Assist/Neutral
Ability: Start with a Lips stick

Character: Wario, ROB
Stage: Gaur plains

The player is tasked with defeating Wario, and then a Giant ROB.

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 7: Goemon Impact
Type: Primary/Attack
Class: Ace
Ability: Chance of getting a 2nd Final Smash

Character: Goemon
Stage: Arena

Defeat a Giant Goemon whom will get his final smash randomly during battle.

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 8: Goemon Team
Type: Primary/Neutral
Class: Legend
Ability: Stronger B moves

Character: Goemon, Goemon, Goemon, Goemon
Stage: Plasma's Fortune Telling

Defeat all 4 goemons

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 9: Shin Goemon Team
Type: Assist/Attack
Ability: Start with a Super Scope

Character: Goemon, Goemon, Goemon, Goemon
Stage: Big Blue

Defeat all 4 goemons. All Goemons have a super scope.

Goemon’s Spirit Battle 10: Boken Goemon Team
Type: Assist/Defense
Ability: Increased weight

Character: Goemon, Goemon, Goemon, Goemon, Inciniroar
Stage: Delfino Plasa

Defeat all 4 goemons and the tiny Inciniroar. .

I have been seeing articles for characters on smashboards recently. So I made one for Goemon. This is about all I got given numbers makes my head hurt. But it was fun. hope you guys enjoy.

And just because he was a mii costume, does not mean he is a lost cause. Never know (but I am certain he is a lost cause.) Still, was fun to make. Actually finished it to. which is a first.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
If that really happened, especially a spirit event, I could see them getting added
PicsArt_10-12-10.56.13.jpg

Sorry Diluc and Venti fans but other than Paimon and the player character those 4 is prominently featured in the story as well as appearing in the game's promotional art.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I genuinely don't get how one could say "generic big name third party" like???? Literally ALL the third party characters currently in Smash are unique as hell lmao and that'll be the same for however many more they'll add in the future.
Obviously Nintendo characters can be unique (just look at Min Min) but come on x)
Not everything that happens to be popular and be heavily marketable is "generic"...

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If that really happened, especially a spirit event, I could see them getting addedView attachment 292931
Sorry Diluc and Venti fans but other than Paimon and the player character those 4 is prominently featured in the story as well as appearing in the game's promotional art.
You're probably right. Most spirit events have been vanilla with their choices and the characters we got are usually safe choices. Though with how insanely popular Venti is I think we might see him added too.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yesterday, Sakurai give his thought on the ps5 in his Famtsu column. You can read it here. While I know that if Sakurai play a game, it doesn't mean that it will be in Smash I find it interesting that the first ps5 games he played is Ninja warriors. For those who don't know it, this is a 2d beat em up game where you controll a Ninja (think a bit like Streets of rage but with Ninja theme). The game is developped by Taito. The version he played his probably the 2019 version called The Ninja saviors: return of the warrior. This his the only game of the franchise that would be playable on a ps5. The japanese name of the game his actually simply Ninja warriors, so this could be a mistranslation from the team. This version is a remake of the SNES game.

I find it interesting because for him choosing this particular game for his new next gen console. While I don't think this particular game will be represent in Smash. This bring three points:

-Sakurai his probably a fan of ninja in general. This is what I think because when he chose a gen 6 Pokémon based on concept art, he chosed the ninja, Greninja. Also, when he talked about who he considered for the Arms rep, he said Ninjara. Now his first ps5 games is a Ninja game. Maybe he would like to add Hayabusa because he like Ninja that much.

-This is a Taito game and while it probably isn't that surprising, he probably have a lot of respect to their game. It was already speculated that we might see a Taito spirits event and it is know own by Square enix so maybe it could be add relatively easily.

-Maybe he's also a fan of 2d beat em up in general, which might help the case of other more popular beat em up characters like Axel Stone or Billy and Jimmy Lee.

Just to be clear, I don't think that those characters are a lock or anything, but considering that he chose that particular game for his brand new console, it's probably a game that he like a lot, so it's something to think about.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
You're probably right. Most spirit events have been vanilla with their choices and the characters we got are usually safe choices. Though with how insanely popular Venti is I think we might see him added too.
For me personally, Venti getting added as a spirit certainly has lower chances than Amber, Lisa, Jean, and Kaeya even if he's popular cause those 4 prominently featured in the game's marketing as well as story. Not only that spirit event for new series tend to have a minimum of 4 spirit with the most being Tetris 99 with 5 spirit. Amber, Lisa, Jean, and Kaeya already make up for 4 spirit, 5 if you also include Paimon and 6 if you bundle Lumine and Aether together cause gender swap spirit always does that.
-Sakurai his probably a fan of ninja in general. This is what I think because when he chose a gen 6 Pokémon based on concept art, he chosed the ninja, Greninja. Also, when he talked about who he considered for the Arms rep, he said Ninjara. Now his first ps5 games is a Ninja game. Maybe he would like to add Hayabusa because he like Ninja that much.
Not gonna lie, I would prefer Scorpion much much much more than Hayabusa cause I already bet on Dynasty Warriors getting in first as a fighter but it's pretty much useless at this point cause "MK didn't released in Japan" and Hayabusa is already hot topic for discussion and speculation.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I genuinely don't get how one could say "generic big name third party" like???? Literally ALL the third party characters currently in Smash are unique as hell lmao and that'll be the same for however many more they'll add in the future.
Obviously Nintendo characters can be unique (just look at Min Min) but come on x)
Not everything that happens to be popular and be heavily marketable is "generic"...
The movesets would not be generic, but everyone's predictions being some combination of Crash/Dante/Doomguy/Gen 8/Hayabusa/Sora is, especially when Nintendo isn't solely thinking about them.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Is Ys really that good?
So far I'd say yes with what I've played (Ys I which I just finished yesterday, Ys Seven and Ys VIII). It's a pretty fun series in my opinion.

I think anyone who likes action RPGs should at least check the series. Combat has the enough variety and depth to not feel boring and at the same time, it's pretty easy to understand and play. Most importantly, it's fun, in most JRPGs I usually reach the point where I try to avoid very low level enemies but in Ys Seven or VIII I was willingly fighting every enemy I saw. I don't know, the controls are good and combat is just fun.

The music is a big selling point as well (this track is a good example, I think). I'd say that besides VIII, the games aren't that story driven in comparison to other JRPGs (or the Trails series itself, if we talk about Falcom). Not to say the story doesn't matter, it does matter, but with what I've played so far I'd say the most important parts of Ys are the fast paced action and the music.
Another distinction from most JRPGs is that most Ys games aren't super long. The longest one is Ys VIII (52 hours in my case), but other entries seem to be around 10-20, maybe 25 hours. I finished Ys I after 8 hours, for example.

I think there's a demo for Ys Origin on Steam (a prequel of the first 2 games which doesn't feature Adol as a protagonist), for anyone who wants to try the series. Though Origin is made with the 'old' engine so the combat isn't really the same as the party system that recent entries have used, but at least it's something.
There's a sale going on for all Ys games on Steam. Same goes for Trails games, if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If that really happened, especially a spirit event, I could see them getting addedView attachment 292931
I'd say it would probably go Traveler, Paimon, Amber, and someone else (Jean?). Alternatively, make Lumine and Aether separate, plus Paimon and Amber.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I'd say it would probably go Traveler, Paimon, Amber, and someone else (Jean?). Alternatively, make Lumine and Aether separate, plus Paimon and Amber.
Why make Lumine and Aether separate when they're literally just gender swap of each other with the same set of weapon unlike the ASTRAL CHAIN spirit event which at least give an overarching explanation about the different Legionis?

Also adding just Amber in feels really incomplete, though I understand that she's the first person that you meet I can't help but include the rest simply because they're inseparable, at least in promotional materials for the game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom