• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I love Lloyd, unfortunately he's stuck behind a Japanese only PSP game.
One day, it'll come to the West and we'll get over the barrier.
Man I love the aesthetic and the art of Zero and Ao no Kiseki. Every piece of art I have seen about those 2 games looks phenomenal. I prefer it over the direction they went for Cold Steel.

Namco being apathetic to their own mascot (and one of the faces of video games, no less) doesn't really spell good news for any other Namco character.
I guess it's because most of the staff of Namco that works on Smash hasn't really been part of previous Pac-Man games. Just an assumption though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok, dunno what you exactly mean by "without linking a video". Not sure if it's meant to be negative or not.
But let me prove you wrong.

If you bothered doing research for 5 minutes, you'd easily see the deal about the 2018 trademark that got approved in 2019.
And no, it is not a renewal. It is listed separetely from the GBA games. Its categories are not the same either, and are the same as switch games like Mario Odyssey, BotW...
Plus, throughout 2020, that same trademark got through multiple applications/validations accross different regions. Including ones where Golden Sun was never released before. It got rejected several times in some of those, until it was ultimately approved.
This is also the longest time Camelot has spent without even announcing a game, and the Nintendo division working with them has yet to be credited on any upcoming game since Mario Tennis Aces too.
And if you want sources : https://www3.wipo.int/madrid/monitor/en/showData.jsp?ID=ROM.1436968 here you go, the trademark.

And I kept things short here.
We haven't spent months double checking everything to make sure we weren't misinterpreting stuff to be told by people who don't bother thinking more than 5 seconds just because a serie hasn't got a game in 10 years that we have 0 reasons behind our hopes/claims.
By linking a video, I meant that people would just link a video instead of explaining it while I had the luck of not being able to watch the videos explaining how Golden Sun's getting a new game. This is the first time I've seen someone actually explain anything beyond "trademark!" without saying it's different from renewals.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I really wish we knew which character got their invitation stolen by Joker. It would be hilarious if we came full circle with the final DLC trailer, and found out who's invitation that REALLY was.
I'd be immensely dissapointed if a hypothetical Phoenix Wright reveal trailer did nothing with it (or something along those lines, like Spring Man suing Min Min over stealing the letter)

D

Deleted member

I really wish we knew which character got their invitation stolen by Joker. It would be hilarious if we came full circle with the final DLC trailer, and found out who's invitation that REALLY was.
Joker didn’t steal the invite. Remember? Morgana specifically said they were invited; “invited to steal the greatest treasure of all”.

So the smash invite was for them and I guess they we’re going to steal something else; like Smash Champion status or something lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He's hard deconfirmed, as he's an AT. He's gonna have to wait until Smash 6.
Without getting into the logistics of that- it makes absolutely no sense.
If Chrom can be a playable character, and in Robin's final Smash and victory screen, then an AT is nothing.

You can disagree, but I find majority of fan theories to be absurd. And with 4/5 DLC characters we had in pass one, it broke a fan rule.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh yeah, I don't think Bubble Bobble is confirmed for Character spot or something. I just noticed that while we were on the topic, I guess we could discuss no Comment thing

Bubble Bobble would be weird Inclusion though. I also don't know what they could do. don't they just Blow Bubbles or something?
...really? How can you still say this in 2020?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Without getting into the logistics of that- it makes absolutely no sense.
If Chrom can be a playable character, and in Robin's final Smash and victory screen, then an AT is nothing.

You can disagree, but I find majority of fan theories to be absurd. And with 4/5 DLC characters we had in pass one, it broke a fan rule.
First, ATs have far more interaction with the fighters and can even be KOed. Second, Chrom was a last minute Echo Fighter and he was left in Robin's FS out of pure laziness.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
By linking a video, I meant that people would just link a video instead of explaining it while I had the luck of not being able to watch the videos explaining how Golden Sun's getting a new game. This is the first time I've seen someone actually explain anything beyond "trademark!" without saying it's different from renewals.
Imagine having to explain it over and over again every time someone asks. Once someone compiled everything in one cohesive document/video it's much easier to share it.
If you go through the Isaac thread you can see that it has been explained dozens of time in the past.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And with 4/5 DLC characters we had in pass one, it broke a fan rule
I'd say it was actually two characters that were "realistic" choices: Erdrick and Byleth. And even then Erdrick's an alt and Byleth was deemed more appropriate for after FP1 while people were caught in Dante hype. Either way, it's not the majority of FP1.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Imagine having to explain it over and over again every time someone asks. Once someone compiled everything in one cohesive document/video it's much easier to share it.
If you go through the Isaac thread you can see that it has been explained dozens of time in the past.
This was also my first time seeing someone actually explaining it. And I'd rather read a 7 lines post than a 12 minutes video from some bad youtuber that are explaining nothing and just want more ad revenue.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Idk man all that's need to be done is say "The new trademark isn't a renewal" after someone asks why anyone said Isaac's super likely. The other stuff is strong, but that one thing is strong ass argument and it takes no time to type. It's certainly more convincing than "Hey go waste 15 minutes of your life on a huge fanboy's opinion" like how Sora fans would link to HMK videos to prove how Sora's actually super likely despite evidence suggesting otherwise or anyone linking to PapaGenos videos to prove how likely their fav is. It's a Smash community habit and I think I speak for quite a few people when I say I expect videos claiming to be big evidence from people I've never heard of to be the same typical clickbaity bull**** instead of core evidence.

...Which makes this wall of text quite ironic lmao. But hey, new, non-renewal trademark is all I needed to hear to understand that

SharkLord

Smash Hero
(I mean I've elaborated on this thing every time the topic comes up here so)

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
One thing I can’t stand with geno fans is that they always bring up the same excuse
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Also Steve isn’t really that comparable to :ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie: he was just late to the party lol, as well as being from the biggest game ever

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Unrelated to anything but everyone go by Monster Hunter gen because its 15.99, the Phoenix Wright trilogy because it's only because it's only 14.99 and Okami because it 9.99. Anyway, anything new happen?
Not much. Zippo claimed that Camelot's making another Mario sports game, which would be a blow to the Golden Sun remake the Isaac thread is expecting, but that fizzled out shortly after we all realized Zippo has an extremely shaky track record.

Also SmashBoards dot com has been deader than the Heavy for like five hours so that's nice

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
ok, is there a good reason why Smashboards has been down for FIVE WHOLE HOURS?! I'm only able to post this just now!
Im not sure if this last downtime was related but, previously, we had a large amount of suspicious traffic from outside sources. This isn’t entirely rare as we have been targeted in the past. The long downtime was probably due to the fact we couldn’t get anyone to deal with the issue in a timely manner. Turkey day and all.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Not much. Zippo claimed that Camelot's making another Mario sports game, which would be a blow to the Golden Sun remake the Isaac thread is expecting, but that fizzled out shortly after we all realized Zippo has an extremely shaky track record.
Even with Zipper Man's shaky track record I'd at least be willing to give this rumour a shot were it not for the fact that NateDrake (who is way more reputable) has specifically singled Mario Golf out as not coming anytime soon, and that and Tennis are like all Camelot ever does in terms of Mario sports

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
F-Zero, Mario Sluggers, and Rhythm Heaven have also had non-renewal trademarks filed too. The F-Zero one was over two years ago. The latter two along with Golden Sun were over a year ago.

I'm not getting my hopes up, and I don't think others should either. Considering how all four of these series have been mostly dormant, some longer than others, I'm doubtful that all four of them have something new on the horizon. The argument starts falling apart if you claim that some could get new games while others don't.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
F-Zero, Mario Sluggers, and Rhythm Heaven have also had non-renewal trademarks filed too. The F-Zero one was over two years ago. The latter two along with Golden Sun were over a year ago.

I'm not getting my hopes up, and I don't think others should either. Considering how all four of these series have been mostly dormant, some longer than others, I'm doubtful that all four of them have something new on the horizon. The argument starts falling apart if you claim that some could get new games while others don't.
If it's any indication, the Golden Sun trademark was turned down twice before finally passing this year. Not sure if the other trademarks were also passed or if they were just filed, but I do know the Golden Sun trademark was approved.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

now i actually want a golden sun revival because it means the best game on the wii is getting a sequel. Let's ****ing goooooo

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Would you believe I'm friends with the gal who snuck this in?
I might

If it's any indication, the Golden Sun trademark was turned down twice before finally passing this year. Not sure if the other trademarks were also passed or if they were just filed, but I do know the Golden Sun trademark was approved.
That does not mean the game is in active development, Need I bring up Chrono Break? A sequel to chrono cross that was trademarked and accepted but never actually developed.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So.......how about a new subject to speculate? What do you think the more character-like Mii costumes, like Bomberman, Sans, Cuphead and Vault Boy, could mean for future content and games? I mean, considering their willingness to make the costumes look much more like the character and whatnot. Think their willingness could have an impact on future Mii costumes and alternate costumes/colors in future games and whatnot?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So.......how about a new subject to speculate? What do you think the more character-like Mii costumes, like Bomberman, Sans, Cuphead and Vault Boy, could mean for future content and games? I mean, considering their willingness to make the costumes look much more like the character and whatnot. Think their willingness could have an impact on future Mii costumes and alternate costumes/colors in future games and whatnot?
They’ll probably just remain as consolation prizes. I don’t think they would deny making someone a full fighter just because they’d work decently as a Mii costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom