• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
If it is Really gonna happen, they could add more Items from Splatoon in the meantime. this datamine was a year ago afterall

Thanks for sharing that! Can't believ it's up there with the likes of Pokémon and Mario. Financially it would make sense for Fortnite in Smash, then.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know if they would go for a 3rd Party IP that recent. The newest 3rd Party IP represented in Smash started in 2011, 2009 if you're being technical.

7NATOR

Smash Master
This will get some eyes rolling. Spin this wheel 4 times and see who you get. Those will be the next 4 fighters.
Miss Pauling from TF2

Dudley From Street Fighter

Tracer from Overwatch

Aku Aku from Crash Bandicoot

I didn't even know TF2 had Women in the game, Dudley would be cool though, and My friend can finally have a Black Character in Smash, Tracer is alright, but I'd be salty cause I think she took Shadow's Function, and Aku Aku is just Wood

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Fortnite in Smash rumors now? Can't say I'd be too hyped for it. Is Fortnite even popular in Japan?
Yes, but crossovers Fortnite has are still very, very America-centric. At least Minecraft had Mario as the subject of one of its mash-up packs, Fortnite would rather do yet another Marvel crossover than touch any Japanese property.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I don't really care about Fortnite so I'm indifferent to Jonesy getting in. But I don't think I can be mad. It'd be a new Smash character with a new stage, music and spirits. That's always exciting. I've mained a fire emblem character in almost every smash but I've barely touched the series. At the end of the day, fun is what matters.

Like are there other characters I'd rather see? Oh most definitely. But I don't think i can get mad about a smash character these days. It just seems like a waste of energy. Better to just go along for the ride. It'd take something super extreme to get me to dislike a character addition.

EmperorCoal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5396-2021-6143
This will get some eyes rolling. Spin this wheel 4 times and see who you get. Those will be the next 4 fighters.
Boogerman
Doc Hudson (Cars)
Hifumi Yamada (Dangaropa)
Arvis (Fire Emblem)

So a fourth(ish) party, a character legitimately called boogerman, and FE to delight the masses. Perfection.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Mr. Frosty from Clayfighter

Yuri Lowell

Bill Rizer

Sora

I accept this outcome purely for the massive balls it would take to add a gosh dang Clayfighter character.
Headcrab, Neku, Phoenix, Rayman.

Honestly if you take out Headcrab I got a pretty great selection.
I wasn't really expecting much out of these...
Yes, but crossovers Fortnite has are still very, very America-centric. At least Minecraft had Mario as the subject of one of its mash-up packs, Fortnite would rather do yet another Marvel crossover than touch any Japanese property.
Also that one Final Fantasy XV skin pack I think.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i wanna see the salt from fortnite jonesy honestly, it'd be a spectacle

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Arvis (Fire emblem)
Dixie kong
Whiterstorm (Minecraft)
Raiden (Mortal kombat)

Unironically aside from the second Minecraft rep this would be a decent pass imo. I know nothing about Arvis, but I just look him up and he actually looks pretty cool. He looks like a mage and he's a vilain. Dixie's pretty popular so I would take her even tho she's not my personnal favorite. MK rep would be hype for me and although Raiden's a weird pick, I'll take it.

I don't really care about Fortnite so I'm indifferent to Jonesy getting in. But I don't think I can be mad. It'd be a new Smash character with a new stage, music and spirits. That's always exciting. I've mained a fire emblem character in almost every smash but I've barely touched the series. At the end of the day, fun is what matters.

Like are there other characters I'd rather see? Oh most definitely. But I don't think i can get mad about a smash character these days. It just seems like a waste of energy. Better to just go along for the ride. It'd take something super extreme to get me to dislike a character addition.
Honestly, what music would Fortnite even bring? If I'm correct the game basically don't have any music aside from like menu and music made by artist that would be probably super hard to get in Smash.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm not actually sure if pokemon would generate as much salt as Byleth or Steve, A lot of people are expecting a Pokemon so maybe their expectations might be in check if there is a Pokemon. Who am I kidding there will be a mountain of salt generated by a Pokemon just not as Large of a mountain.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wake up and people are all throwing a fit because checks notes someone says "Dude trust me Fortnite might be in Smash"? There's not even any official statements out there on this and if this is legit then everyone involved in that Zoom call knows where to look for leakers. Either it's fake and people are throwing a fit prematurely or we've seen the world's dumbest leaker

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I wake up and people are all throwing a fit because checks notes someone says "Dude trust me Fortnite might be in Smash"? There's not even any official statements out there on this and if this is legit then everyone involved in that Zoom call knows where to look for leakers. Either it's fake and people are throwing a fit prematurely or we've seen the world's dumbest leaker
I think people should stop taking things like this as Smash-related news.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
In all seriousness I am on the side that really doesn't see Fortnite getting in and this recent FOrtnite stuff doesn't change that. Fortnite is super popular, sure, but it doesn't have the legacy or proven staying power of something like Minecraft.

Again, atleast when it comes to getting a playable character/character pack. I wouldn't count out a spirit event or a mii costume for Fortnite though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom