• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm pretty sure this was mentioned in this thread by someone else recently, but I'd love to see spirits that represent the iconic, classic arcade-era of gaming. Not sure how possible it'd be, probably unlikely at this point, but I believe spirits for these characters are worthy of being memorialized in gaming's biggest crossover.
  • Space Invaders - One of the most iconic arcade games of all time. I believe Space Invaders is owned by the company Taito, who also owns Bubble Bobble. However, as of 2006, Taito is a subsidiary Square Enix, so a Space Invaders spirit(s) is possible.

• Q*Bert - Another classic, maybe not as well known as Space Invaders, but I'd say Q*Bert is still iconic, and recently appeared in Wreck It Ralph and Pixels which was pretty cool. The only issue here is that Q*Bert is owned by Sony nowadays, so it's doubtful that the little guy would get a spirit. I still think it'd be pretty cool.

• Frogger - Finally, I wanted to talk about Frogger. Frogger was huge back in the day, getting multiple games, even 3D platformers. Frogger still gets new games to this day. Frogger would be an awesome spirit to see join the game, maybe even including other characters from the franchise like Swampy. Konami owns Frogger, so I believe he'd be the easiest spirit to get into Smash, and it'd be really awesome to see.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I do think it's worth considering if other upcoming characters will be basically multi-characters due to alts in the way Hero and Steve are. There's plenty where that would work.

It could of course also be a "one per pass" thing considering how long it takes to do. Considering Hero had to be delayed from base game with that as a potential factor, it's probably not an insignificant amount of extra work.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I thought the lawsuit was because of patent infringements about game features, not the franchises themselves
Whatever it was about, it particularly involved the Warriors series in general. Like the patent infringement involved about 50 Koei Tecmo titles and the majority of them were Warriors games.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I do think it's worth considering if other upcoming characters will be basically multi-characters due to alts in the way Hero and Steve are. There's plenty where that would work.

It could of course also be a "one per pass" thing considering how long it takes to do. Considering Hero had to be delayed from base game with that as a potential factor, it's probably not an insignificant amount of extra work.
Wasn't the thing with Hero about Sugiyama's mandates and Squeenix thinking DLC would be more profitable, though? Or was it something else?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think with Dante’s design, they could always do some sort of combo, similar to what they did with Snake. Take parts of different designs and make a Dante based on that.

However, Devil May Cry 3 does have the most iconic design (though I prefer the designs for DMC4 and DMC5 personally), so I could see it going either way.

Just please...please don’t suggest Vergil as a Dante echo, I am begging you,

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think with Dante’s design, they could always do some sort of combo, similar to what they did with Snake. Take parts of different designs and make a Dante based on that.

However, Devil May Cry 3 does have the most iconic design (though I prefer the designs for DMC4 and DMC5 personally), so I could see it going either way.

I think if Vergil was ever an "Echo" He'd only be Classified one, but Probably be a Semi-clone

-Same, or Very Similiar Model (In DMC3, I believe it was the Same model, but Vergil's Hair was Spiked Up)
-Have the Same General Mechanics (Combos, Devil Trigger, Style Meter, Style (though Vergil only has one)
-Same Attributes
-Force Edge and Beowulf are in ways, very Similar to How Dante uses Rebellion and any Gauntlet Weapon, Especially in DMC4 where Vergil got more Similiar moves from Dante
-In General, would be much easier to Balance than normal Characters

Vergil would Differ himself with Yamato, Summon Swords, and his Darkslayer Style, Which is like a Different Form Of Trickster, more based Around Teleporting. He Might also have a Concentration meter

If The Smash Team are gonna Implement Multiple Weapons for Dante, They could make a Yamato Moveset (since he used Yamato in 4). At that Point it be a good Transition to Vergil. Vergil himself Is Very Popular too So there actually be reason to Do this

Him Being a Straight Echo or an Alt is a Waste though. Hope they don't do that

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

blackghost

Smash Champion

how about vergil as a melee marth clone fused with brawl mk? thats relatively accurate.

DMC is a series I should definitely pick up someday.
no time like the present. if you have played bayonetta, god of war, or even Okami. it wont be a hard learn.

KillerCage

Smash Master

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Just realized, I joined the club of having my name in Smash now that Steve is in the game.

Shout out to all the Marios, Luigis, Ikes, Robs, Robins, Isabelles, Steves, and Alexs out there! (Probably missing a name, guarantee someone out there is named Ganandorf)..

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just realized, I joined the club of having my name in Smash now that Steve is in the game.

Shout out to all the Marios, Luigis, Ikes, Robs, Robins, Isabelles, Steves, and Alexs out there! (Probably missing a name, guarantee someone out there is named Ganandorf)..
This is Roy erasure. Both Roys, in fact. The Koopalings were named after real people, after all.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I have a father named Ken and a sister named Zelda.

Still waiting for them to add a character named Zach.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman

I do find it very interesting that Hero required four (relatively) newly-cast voice actors, while Steve also has four "slots" yet they all get to be completely mute.

I ended up having to delete half of this comment and most of the point I was making because I thought Joker and Terry had recycled voice clips, but apparently that's only the case for Banjo and Min Min! Huh, the more you know.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
What was the deal with that EA rumor from earlier? Was there something that made it worth considering?

I’d honestly be mad if an Apex Legends character got in. I’m admittedly not a fan of the game. But Apex being the first FPS series in Smash over Halo/Doom/Half-Life or even first Battle Royale over Fortnite would feel like a slap in the face to gaming. The game is only over a year old & afaik has died down a good bit in popularity.

If EA’s in, I’d hope it’d be Commander Shepard. There’s lots of personal reasons for that, but I also think Mass Effect is probably their most critically acclaimed single player series. Also with how many JRPG characters we have, it’s be nice to give WRPGs some love.

Isaac Clarke or a Plants vs Zombies character would be cool too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
so anyone know what the event is yet?

Spirits with guns have a higher chance of showing up.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

It’s NOT a new one? Boooooo :glare:

I think we should get a new one after Steve actually DROPS though

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It’s NOT a new one? Boooooo :glare:

I think we should get a new one after Steve actually DROPS though
I agree, but I'm also glad that no one is on the chopping block.
Keef never fails to out a smile on my face.
Lost bonus clip:
Keef: But what about Amaterasu?

Keef Nintendo: Immatellu dawg, to craft some blocks, cause that's all your gonna get.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Say it with me, everyone! For his neutral special, -

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Did someone say guns?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well Since No New Event is up...

I'll just say this, I think Dragalia Lost being absent this long is really Suspicous, and the fact that this week would have perfect and we still didn't get one might suggest something substiansial coming for it.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
With Dante, DMC 3 is the most iconic look for sure, but I think we'll get an Ike situation and have both DMC 3 and DMC 5 Dante available. Even if they don't exactly have the same things going for them moveset wise.
I hope so. If it’s not DMCV, then let it be DMC1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom