• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
What would be Cool is If we could Get Both Dante and Vergil. Perhaps it Could happen if they had extra Development or something like that, but I Might be out of My Mind on that one

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What would be Cool is If we could Get Both Dante and Vergil. Perhaps it Could happen if they had extra Development or something like that, but I Might be out of My Mind on that one
But Vergil only shows up in the special additions of the Devil May Cry games.

Waits for people to notice Smash Ultimate is known as Smash Special in japan

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Eh, this is probably fake. It's not that hard to guess that Nintendo would have a pokemon trainer-esque character that combines Disagea with Overwatch with Pokken Tournament. Pretty typical idea really...
Yeah, Sakurai always does crazy choices like this. Remember when the SNK copyright leaked and people debated on whether it'd be Terry or Nakoruru or the Metal Slug team, only for it to be the Neo Turf Masters golfers?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
But Vergil only shows up in the special additions of the Devil May Cry games.

Waits for people to notice Smash Ultimate is known as Smash Special in japan

Well even if Vergil doesn't show up, now Dante gets to feel what it's like to show up in Special Editions then

I'll be honest, I never really analyzed Dante's different coats so I never noticed a huge difference besides the length. At first glance his outfits from 3 and 5 look pretty similar apart from the obvious lack of a shirt. In my head I was basically thinking DMC3 Dante with a shirt, which seemed the same as DMC5 Dante but younger, if that makes sense. Other people know the series way better than I do, though, and I'm cool if Smash goes for a more faithful look. It'd probably be better that way.

My guess would be the DMC3 look if I had to pick, mostly because it's on the Switch and DMC5 isn't.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
If you haven't already, check this out:
Now, I ain't saying Tracer for Smash, buuuut...
Don't look into this too much, there isn't really any connection between Smash and game trials.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai would probably choose the design from DMC 3, it's the most recognizable after all, though I could see them go half DMC 3 design half DMC 1 coat design (given it's a costume you get after finishing DMC 3)
DMC 5 Dante would also be cool.
His moveset would 100% have both Devil Trigger and the Style change mechanics, they are pretty much a part of his identity at this point...

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well Honestly considering Steve and Alex have 3 alts each, and Enderman and Zombie take up one, I could see Dante having Weird Number of Special Alts

So we could have 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 as Alts. I don't think Personality would matter much either, especially if Dante has a New Model.

As for Mechanics, Dante would definitly have the Biggest Moveset in the game.

He'd have Some Sub-Weapons, Style Change, Devil Trigger, Style Meter, The Delay Combos, and Perhaps he might not have Grabs at all

Well Honestly considering Steve and Alex have 3 alts each, and Enderman and Zombie take up one, I could see Dante having Weird Number of Special Alts

So we could have 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 as Alts. I don't think Personality would matter much either, especially if Dante has a New Model.

As for Mechanics, Dante would definitly have the Biggest Moveset in the game.

He'd have Some Sub-Weapons, Style Change, Devil Trigger, Style Meter, The Delay Combos, and Perhaps he might not have Grabs at all
What do you think would replace grab? Are you thinking that would be the devil trigger button, or something else?

D

Deleted member

They do that all the time on PS4 & Xbox. It's usually for a Weekend and you see an enormous uptick in people who've obviously never played before lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They do that all the time on PS4 & Xbox. It's usually for a Weekend and you see an enormous uptick in people who've obviously never played before lol.
At least Nintendo is late to the party by making it a whole week long.

7NATOR

Smash Master
What do you think would replace grab? Are you thinking that would be the devil trigger button, or something else?

I think it could be the button you use to Switch weapons, Like the Guns and Devil Arms. Grab Changes Devil Arms, and holding Shield and Grab changes Guns

Changing Styles would by using the Taunt Button (so Quickplay needs to Allow that) doing Dante's Actual Taunt would be using the Taunt Button assigned to the Style you are on. His Taunt changes depending on what Rank you are

Devil Trigger would Probably be Shield plus Special, Or it could be the Down Special

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I think DMC2 Dante looks the best. It's just a shame that his game doesn't match his looks. :191:
It's weird, because I've seen that DMC3 Dante is apparently the least liked Design (Not that it's bad, it's just that people like the other designs better), yet His Game reflect the opposite

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's weird, because I've seen that DMC3 Dante is apparently the least liked Design (Not that it's bad, it's just that people like the other designs better), yet His Game reflect the opposite
Confirmed: The uglier the Dante, the better the game. DmC doesnt count

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Resetera Man says Sora was supposed to happen but negotiations with Mouse fell through.
I really wanna know how much the mouse is asking out of Nintendo's pockets for him. I just wanna know how ridiculous it is.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's the fact that he doesn't wear a shirt under his coat that just makes him look stupid.

Personally, I'm partial to DMC4 Dante. His look is modern, without looking like a scruffy hobo like he does in DMC5.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
What's stopping them from picking 4 Dante designs? They put both Bayo designs in Smash with unique renders. Like Hero, each of them could get one unique color alt too.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Something I was wondering was, if a Mii Costume appears from a certain company, could that lessen the chances of getting a character from said company?

For instance, we received a detailed Bomberman costume. Could than deconfirm an additional Konami character, since Bomberman could have been saved for said Konami character?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What's stopping them from picking 4 Dante designs? They put both Bayo designs in Smash with unique renders. Like Hero, each of them could get one unique color alt too.
It all depends on how willing they are. Hero and Steve are the only ones to have four alts; Hero because of being a legacy character and Steve because of how basic he is. Maybe Dante will bring all of them, or maybe he'd just stick with the third and fifth designs. There's also the fact that one game won't be represented if we have four alts.
Something I was wondering was, if a Mii Costume appears from a certain company, could that lessen the chances of getting a character from said company?

For instance, we received a detailed Bomberman costume. Could than deconfirm an additional Konami character, since Bomberman could have been saved for said Konami character?
Some might say yes, but I personally don't think it matters. Not every Mii is released with the company/theme that would make sense; For example, Akira was released with Terry rather than with fellow SEGA rep Joker, and then Heihachi was released with Min Min instead of with the fighting game-themed wave that accompanied Terry.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

Pretty Much. That's why I consider Ubisoft, Bethasda, and Konami Soft Deconfirmed.

Namco is looking more shaky with the 2 returning Costumes, but I won't count them Soft Deconfirmed though

Last edited:

Shadowvegeta

Smash Cadet
ya remember when the Pokken free trial men't we would get a smash character. I wouldn't look too deep into this, it means nothing for smash.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
DMC2 Dante has a cool design and all but I don't know, I never felt very hype about said design like most people. I think 3, 4 and 5 have cooler Dante designs. 1 is also nice.

7NATOR

Smash Master
The Cowboy Boots in DMC4 are a little weird, but Honestly I Like all the designs relatively the Same. Even Donte is Cool, and makes him Distinct from Mainline Dante

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Pretty Much. That's why I consider Ubisoft, Bethasda, and Konami Soft Deconfirmed.

Namco is looking more shaky with the 2 returning Costumes, but I won't count them Soft Deconfirmed though
I don't get this logic. So Bethesda and Konami are soft dis-confirmed because they both have one Mii costume but Namco is only "shaky" despite coming with 2 Mii costumes that could have come with a Namco character?

7NATOR

Smash Master
I don't get this logic. So Bethesda and Konami are soft dis-confirmed because they both have one Mii costume but Namco is only "shaky" despite coming with 2 Mii costumes that could have come with a Namco character?
Bethesda and Konami are Also Completely New Costumes, unlike the Namco Ones, and they weren't tied to any New Characters. Veteran Costumes are more like Filler. If Namco gets a Completely New Costume I'll consider them Soft Deconfirmed too

Bethesda is even Worse because this is their Introduction into Smash

Ivander

Smash Legend
I forgot the Details, I think it was something like Capcom Sued Koei, or it was the other way around. All i know is that One (or both) of these companies lost money for some error, and now they hating each other...or well at least Koei is hating on Capcom
IIRC, Capcom sued Koei Tecmo for patent infringement, supposedly for Dynasty Warriors being like Capcom's own series Sengoku Basara, despite the fact that Dynasty Warriors came out first and Sengoku Basara actually copied Dynasty Warriors. I think Capcom ended up winning that case and so Koei Tecmo had to pay them compensation fees and so Koei Tecmo has a deep hatred for them.

Supposedly, the real reason is because Capcom was bitter that Koei Tecmo was chosen to make Hyrule Warriors, despite Capcom having experience with both Warriors-style gameplay and Legend of Zelda games and that Capcom was being childishly petty, because they never did anything to Koei Tecmo at all regarding Dynasty Warriors until after Hyrule Warriors was announced.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
IIRC, Capcom sued Koei Tecmo for patent infringement, supposedly for Dynasty Warriors being like Capcom's own series Sengoku Basara, despite the fact that Dynasty Warriors came out first and Sengoku Basara actually copied Dynasty Warriors. I think Capcom ended up winning that case and so Koei Tecmo had to pay them compensation fees and so Koei Tecmo has a deep hatred for them.

Supposedly, the real reason is because Capcom was bitter that Koei Tecmo was chosen to make Hyrule Warriors, despite Capcom having experience with both Warriors-style gameplay and Legend of Zelda games and that Capcom was being childishly petty, because they never did anything to Koei Tecmo at all regarding Dynasty Warriors until after Hyrule Warriors was announced.
I thought the lawsuit was because of patent infringements about game features, not the franchises themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom