• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I mean, maybe we get 4 regular Sims from the series with each one being from one Sims game? They could all be called Sim by the announcer like Hero. Preferably, they would all have the Sims 4 artstyle with Bella specifically representing The Sims 1?

The Sims themselves are relatively normal looking, but extremely whacky. The green diamond on their head could turn red slowly the more the percentage goes up.

They have a ton of items just always on them like a fire extinguisher, fishing rod, kitchen utensils and etc on top of their ability to fight in a cartoony puff of smoke, slap, or just do a weird quick Crash-like spin mainly to change clothes. You could definitely build a moveset out of that. Maybe include the Cow Plant in some Smash Attacks?

Essentially a more humanoid "realistic" Villager but maybe you can make emotions affect their stats? A final smash where all Supernatural Sims lend a hand would be really neat.
Final smash. Hit the opponents into the swimming pool....and remove the LADDER

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That's an interesting idea. While I've never played Plants vs. Zombies, I wouldn't be against a more strategic character (although we've gotten a couple in a row now. Yes I'm counting Byleth, Min Min and Steve as strategic characters because choosing when to attack or use their tools is key for them). I'm just wondering how the plants would synergize in a moveset.
My idea for it is... Pretty screwy, honestly. All his smash attacks have him placing the plant first, and after that the input causes the plant to attack, no matter how far away they are from Crazy Dave. It would one of those characters who could break the game in two when used right, but requires a lot of skill to even partially manage him, thanks to how odd his control scheme is.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
He must've really regretted Kirby, huh?
Yeah Sakurai actually really hates Fire Emblem. The only reason he keeps including FE characters is because he knows that the Smash fanbase is secretly just extremely tsundere for Fire Emblem, and they actually love it more than anything else.
TKOWL did a Crazy Dave concept once:
PvZ music in Smash would be great. I'd really want the pool theme personally.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I do wonder if Dante might have something to do with it as well. Considering the Beef Koei and Capcom have, and that Ryu and Dante have that simliar vibe going on, it's something t consider
Hmmm... where's the beef?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hmmm... where's the beef?
I forgot the Details, I think it was something like Capcom Sued Koei, or it was the other way around. All i know is that One (or both) of these companies lost money for some error, and now they hating each other...or well at least Koei is hating on Capcom

And if you want some more beef, you could Play Little Mac. he's not exactly big, but it will do

Speaking of Dante, I gotta ask, Is it Possible for the DMC3 Model to be re-used for Smash? Of course they would have to touch it up, but is it So Old that they might as well make a New Model?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Is it Possible for the DMC3 Model to be re-used for Smash? Of course they would have to touch it up, but is it So Old that they might as well make a New Model?
It is absolutely too outdated. It's a model optimized for running a PS2 game at 60 FPS, that won't even be good enough for Brawl.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Speaking of Dante, I gotta ask, Is it Possible for the DMC3 Model to be re-used for Smash? Of course they would have to touch it up, but is it So Old that they might as well make a New Model?
I'm pretty sure they'd just go for the DMCV model. Considering it's the most recent game and probably the one they'd be representing the most.

7NATOR

Smash Master
It is absolutely too outdated. It's a model optimized for running a PS2 game at 60 FPS, that won't even be good enough for Brawl.
Well I just thought that since they ported DMC3 to the Switch, maybe It's More Compatablie or Something. I Mean Steve just got his Model taken from Minecraft, and I Don't believe Minecraft has gotten any Graphic update like that, or has it, I Don't know.

In any case despite how old it is, I thought perhaps they could just Touch it up, Add more Detail and such

I'm pretty sure they'd just go for the DMCV model. Considering it's the most recent game and probably the one they'd be representing the most.
The thing is Perhaps the Model in DMCV might be Too Powerful for Smash Ultimate on the Switch. I could see DMC4 being an added Model, but I Don't know how Cross Platform Model Porting Works though

I almost wonder if they'd go for DMCV for the outfit, but make him younger to look more like he does in the other games. He's one of the few characters I could see being made as an amalgamation of the character's look over the years, kind of like Snake.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
DMC5 model has the opposite problem of being absolutely too detailed.
There's no way Dante's billion polygons is making it into Smash unscathed.

Personally speaking though, I hope they go for DMC3 Dante as that is my favorite Dante design.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The most likely outcome is that they make new models from the ground-up based on Dante's DMC3 and DMCV designs. The former is too low-poly for Smash, and the latter too high. Besides, reused models for actual fighters tend to be a rarity.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Oh, Also Apprantly a Former "Leaker" just said that Dante was Scrapped Potentially earlier on. Not to say he wasn't picked back up, But Dante might also be a Steve Situation

Xenother, I forgot his crediablity, or if he had any, but I don't know

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I almost wonder if they'd go for DMCV for the outfit, but make him younger to look more like he does in the other games. He's one of the few characters I could see being made as an amalgamation of the character's look over the years, kind of like Snake.
The problem with that I feel is that each Dante design corresponds to what type of personality Dante has. DMC3 Dante is more young, brash, and cocky and that's reflected in his open coat and exposed skin.
DMC5 Dante meanwhile is much older and laid back with more confidence and that's reflected in his plain black T-shirt with a simple coat.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Try to be like Ikki Phoenix who doesn’t believe in gods and don’t have too much faith in those random internet leakers.

BTW, I think they will go with Dante with their original design from the first game, I think its the most iconic. If he gets in of course ...

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
You might be Ironic about it (I don't know), but I honestly would want DMC2 Dante as a Skin. DMC2 is not a Good Game, but This Design is Fire (some would even say Dante's Best Design. Though Honestly I could see them skipping it because of DMC2's Reputation
I like the DMC2 design it is just the fact that it is associated with DMC2

7NATOR

Smash Master
If you haven't already, check this out:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Now, I ain't saying Tracer for Smash, buuuut...
One could see this as a bad thing, If Tracer were revealed now that would make since, but since we Got Steve and they are putting the Trial out and not Captalizing on a Hypotehtical Tracer in Smash, it might mean no Tracer in the Future...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Try to be like Ikki Phoenix who doesn’t believe in gods and don’t have too much faith in those random internet leakers.

BTW, I think they will go with Dante with their original design from the first game, I think its the most iconic. If he gets in of course ...
I definitely don't think it's the most iconic.

As far as iconic attributes go, DMC1 Dante is much more serious and somber, lacks his signature sword Rebellion, isn't voiced by Reuben Langdon, doesn't have his typical red devil trigger, has a different moveset entirely from his modern incarnations, and biggest of all lacks the "styles" which have become synonymous with Dante.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I thought the demo was straight-up for 6
Yeah, I don't remember exactly what it was. All I remember is that it was a Disgaea game, a lot of people noticed that this was (apparently) the first time they did that for a third-party game, and now I can't help but feel like we might be sleeping on a Disgaea rep. Thing is, I know next to nothing about the series (though 6 has me curious, not gonna lie), so I don't know what significance it has or who they would choose to represent it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I definitely don't think it's the most iconic.

As far as iconic attributes go, DMC1 Dante is much more serious and somber, lacks his signature sword Rebellion, isn't voiced by Reuben Langdon, doesn't have his typical red devil trigger, has a different moveset entirely from his modern incarnations, and biggest of all lacks the "styles" which have become synonymous with Dante.
Yeah, DMC3's generally the version used since it's when the series was fully refined. DMCV's been picking up steam too, thanks to that game revitalizing the series and being the first new game in years.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Using the Online Switch trials to determine Smash Bros. characters is grasping for straws. There is nothing worthwhile for looking deep into it.
Yeah, you're probably right. But hey! At least we're talking about something different for a change!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, you're probably right. But hey! At least we're talking about something different for a change!
It's not necessarily good if people are going to spread misinformation like the trials mean anything towards Smash Bros. Don't be that desperate for info.

Steve wasn't even announced a while ago, it's been less than a week. Of course there's gonna be a desert of information for months.

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
But what? You gonna say we're getting a Disagea character too? Where was our Pokken character? :nifty: Clearly you know something we do not.
You're right, I do know something. Might as well spill the beans...
cursed.jpg

That's right, they're coming to Smash a la Pokemon Trainer. No need to thank me.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Not that I think there's a relationship between games released on Switch and DLC characters, but I sense the hype and speculation for Dante will ramp up if DMC4 gets ported to Switch next year.

ZelDan

Smash Master
You're right, I do know something. Might as well spill the beans...
View attachment 288586
That's right, they're coming to Smash a la Pokemon Trainer. No need to thank me.
Eh, this is probably fake. It's not that hard to guess that Nintendo would have a pokemon trainer-esque character that combines Disagea with Overwatch with Pokken Tournament. Pretty typical idea really...

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
He's one of the few characters I could see being made as an amalgamation of the character's look over the years, kind of like Snake.
This could be an interesting idea. At the same time, Idon's right with this:

The problem with that I feel is that each Dante design corresponds to what type of personality Dante has. DMC3 Dante is more young, brash, and cocky and that's reflected in his open coat and exposed skin.
DMC5 Dante meanwhile is much older and laid back with more confidence and that's reflected in his plain black T-shirt with a simple coat.
Like, no way they would mix DMC1 and DMC2 Dante with his 3-5 incarnations. Personality wise I mean.

3, 4 and 5 I could see it.

Personally if they only choose one I'd rather 5, but 3 would probably be the one they would pick. Dante with alts from 3, 4 and 5 is doable in my eyes, maybe they would have to "adjust" his personality and attitude to be more neutral, to put it in a way, if they want to add his multiple versions.

I'd rather them for going that way honestly, even if they sacrifice a bit of faithfulness in the process. Only having one Dante would feel wrong to me, so I'd hope for at least 2 of his alts if he makes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom