• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I made some necessary changes in my old list, made after Byleth and before Min-Min:
  • Yellow: characters I want
  • Red: deconfirmed characters
  • Green: confirmed characters

Fighter #76: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Fighter #77: The Knight (Hollow Knight)
Fighter #78: Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Fighter #79: Shantae (Shantae)
Fighter #80: Kratos (God of War)
Fighter #81: Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Fighter #82: Steve (Minecraft)
Fighter #83: Big Daddy (BioShock)
Fighter #84: Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Fighter #85: Rillaboom or Toxtricity (Pokémon Sword and Shield)
Fighter #86: Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Fighter #87: Marco Rossi (with the other Peregrine Falcons as alts) (Metal Slug)
Fighter #88: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Fighter #89: Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
Fighter #90: Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Fighter #91: character from Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Fighter #92: Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)
Fighter #93: Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Fighter #94: Master Chief (Halo)
Fighter #95: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Fighter #96: Dante (Devil May Cry)
Fighter #97: Doomguy (Doom)
Fighter #98: Heihachi (Tekken)
Fighter #99: KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Fighter #100: Rayman (Rayman)

To replace the remaining character I'd say:
Fighter #98: Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
Here's my list of hopefuls I wrote a long time ago in a similar format

1. Captain Toad
  2. Daisy
  3. Waluigi
  4. Pauline
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Dixie Kong
  7. King K. Rool
  8. Scrooge McCranky Kong
  9. Mona
  10. Ashley
  11. Yarn Yoshi
  12. Bandana Dee
  13. Gooey
  14. Ridley
  15. Dark Samus
  16. Sylux
  17. Wolf
  18. Krystal
  19. Eevee
  20. Gardevoir
  21. Mimikyu
  22. Lycanroc
  23. Decidyeye
  24. Ice Climbers
  25. Lyn
  26. Isabelle
  27. Dillon
  28. Spring Man
  29. Ribbon Girl
  30. Lola Pop
  31. Dr Coyle
  32. Elma
  33. Rex and/or Pyra
  34. Snake
  35. Raiden
  36. Simon Belmont
  37. Bomberman
  38. Tails
  39. Knuckles
  40. Shadow
  41. Amy
  42. Proto Man
  43. Zero
  44. Roll
  45. Dig Dug
  46. Ryu
  47. Ken
  48. Chun-li
  49. Ray Man
  50. Shovel Knight
  51. Shantae
  52. Crash Bandicoot
  53. Spyro

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
Might as well do mine as well
78: Arle
79: Sora
80: Rex & Pyra
81: Master Chief
82: KOS-MOS
83: Neku
84: Elma
85: Phoenix Wright
86: Tails
87: Ophilia
88: Lara Croft
89: Tiki
90: Monster Hunter
91: Tetra
92: Yu
93: Shadow
94: Fall Guy
95: Toadette
96: Skull Kid
97: Ribbon Girl
98: Crash
99: Chorus Kids
100: Ashley

I had a really difficult time picking characters starting 91 (that’s the point where I exhausted all of my and my friends’ most wanteds)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I haven't seen this thread go for this long without a post in a while.

Here's the discussion topic we need to revive it: Maxwell Scribblenauts. Should he be added?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Here's my question: should Shovel Knight be upgraded to a Mii Costume or a playable character?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's my question: should Shovel Knight be upgraded to a Mii Costume or a playable character?
In terms of could, I only see a Mii costume happening. In terms of should? Playable, easily one of the best platformers I've played and I'm probably going to buy my third copy of the game soon

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have a hunch that we'll get a third Fighters Pass containing 3 challenger packs; not only that, but also between CP8 and the hypothetical CP14, ONE of those CPs will get an second fighter bundled with them, whether it be as a fully unique fighter or as an echo fighter.

:ultlink: Here's a Link to an image from my Google Drive because SmashBoards is having a hissy fit right now and won't let me upload my image. Take a look at this stage select screen. Even when we account for Spring Stadium (represented by a smiley face here because this picture didn't have the stage), there's still 8 slots left. I'm unsure about the fighters select screen or how Steve will affect it, though.
I think individual DLC is more likely if anything especially to round out 90 (92) fighters.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Have we ever seen the blocks go underneath the stage? Because I don't think Steve can put blocks underneath the stage. :191:

D

Deleted member

Have we ever seen the blocks go underneath the stage? Because I don't think Steve can put blocks underneath the stage. :191:
Sakurai didn't think to show it, but they can probably place them up to a certain point below the stage as well; just like with the sides and upper stage.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sakurai didn't think to show it, but they can probably place them up to a certain point below the stage as well; just like with the sides and upper stage.
I doubt it, they showed linear recoveries failing on the side of the stage, but never below it. I'm fairly confident they can't go below.

Otherwise that just shuts off EVERY recovery. Would also make Steve's own stage recovery even cheaper.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Actually, nevermind, I proved myself wrong.

But does it block the way to the actual ledge, I wonder?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Actually, nevermind, I proved myself wrong.

But does it block the way to the actual ledge, I wonder?
That's the important part as for all we currently know, you can still grab the ledge if it's placed above it. Testing will need to be done.

And of course, this is assuming that Steve can get the opening in the first place

7NATOR

Smash Master
If you guys ever want a New Topic for Today, Us on Smashfaqs are discussing this "Rumor" of Apex being in Smash (with an Whole character it seems)

I brought this up before, but this poster brought this up again. Would be crazy if Nintendo is Bribing EA with a Smash Character to support the Switch more

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's the important part as for all we currently know, you can still grab the ledge if it's placed above it. Testing will need to be done.

And of course, this is assuming that Steve can get the opening in the first place
I mean it makes people stay permanently spiked. I just want to know if breaking blocks break your momentum for characters like K. Rool who have a high vertical recovery with that hitbox on top.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I haven't seen this thread go for this long without a post in a while.

Here's the discussion topic we need to revive it: Maxwell Scribblenauts. Should he be added?
I never played his game, but I think he could be super fun. Sadly is franchise is super dead. If I'm correct I think Scribblenauts is a Warner bros IP? If that's the case, I'd rather see Mortal kombat as a WB characters than Maxwell, but I wouldn't mind Maxwell, it's just that I don't know him a lot and because his franchise his dead I'm probably never going to play those games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you guys ever want a New Topic for Today, Us on Smashfaqs are discussing this "Rumor" of Apex being in Smash (with an Whole character it seems)

I brought this up before, but this poster brought this up again. Would be crazy if Nintendo is Bribing EA with a Smash Character to support the Switch more
A Spirit Board I can respect, but a whole character?

Untitled.png

It's gonna be another salty Byleth episode.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Imma press X to doubt chief

Apex is way too new, it started what, two years ago? Least we could get is a spirit event

plus Bella Goth is the superior EA rep don’t @ me

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
But yeah, with only 2 missing spots on the SSS, I'm skeptical. They absolutely could just give us a 3rd pass, but we also now have precedence that Stages can come completely alone thanks to Small Battlefield being dropped on us.

I'm kinda leaning on a 'no' for a 3rd pass, partly due to Sakurai's comment, and partly due to me just expecting 1-2 more random stages to come eventually.

OR, they could just not be filled at all, but I kinda doubt that.
Is this how Woolly World wins? :yoshi:

...No, really, I want them to bring that stage back. One of the few good casual Smash Wii U stages IMO.

7NATOR

Smash Master
It feels like since Steve got in that various people think its open season for any currently popular streaming game franchise to get a fighter, even though many of these companies have little to no relationship with Nintendo and its hard to determine if there's even a demand for such characters in Smash anyway.
But that's the whole thing with This "Rumor" (I use Rumor in quotations for a reason). Apparently the whole thing is that an Apex character in Smash is part of a Deal to Improve on the Relationship with EA, so they are more willing to Port games to the Switch. remember that before EA said that they wouldn't be supporting the Switch.

Also there's something about Doug bowser having a hevay hand in it Since he used to Work for EA

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is this how Woolly World wins? :yoshi:

...No, really, I want them to bring that stage back. One of the few good casual Smash Wii U stages IMO.
I think it couldn’t make the jump to switch due to the particle effects or something

7NATOR

Smash Master
Spirit Board/Event day! What will it be! Will we have another deconfirmation in our hands!?
Today would be the Perfect day for Dragalia Lost considering their 2 Year Anniversary was last week (but that was Tournament Week). that's why I suspect if there's nothing for them, there's something more higher grade in store for the I.P

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I actually do think it may be new spirits this time... idk why

please do NOT be TWEWY I beg of you...

Please DO be Undertale (so you can pull a Cuphead switcheroo with Sans) or Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore (the lone Tsubasa Spirit without Itsuki or Kiria STILL bugs me)

hmmm what if Tekken Spirit Event tho 🤔

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
hopefully Professor Layton or Kingdom hearts for me
I know I've always been saying this but I seriously doubt Nintendo would approach Disney just for a Spirit Event let alone a Mii costume. It's too big of a company for that kind of thing.

Kingdom Hearts does get content, Sora is certainly 100% gonna be a playable character.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
I mean, in my headcanon it's pretty obvious. People always have talked about Dante and Bayonetta making a crossover, and with both being big hack n slash characters, it's a natural thing. Plus both characters were created by Kamiya.
The funny thing is that Bayo would probably be the dominant in their relationship, while there's a constant meme of Dante not knowing what is sex, which is funny when you think of Bayo's attitude and all lol
Knowing bayo she would be more interested in sleeping with Trish or Lady over dante.

SKX31

Smash Master

While I strongly doubt Apex are in (there are other BRs and EA characters, its very young etc.) I honestly wouldn't be surprised if EA got a character in. They have a lot of characters (which makes the mismanagement even more appalling) - I'd say their character pool is as deep as Capcom / Square-Enix. Also, they're a major publisher by themselves, so regardless of how ****ed up EA is, they're still a company that Nintendo would want third party support from in order to help shore up the Switch's library.

That said, Apex would be a very interesting character, regardless of how unlikely it is.

Bribing is the wrong word IMO - considering EA is in the process of porting games to the Switch, Nintendo and EA likely struck a major collaborative deal:

We'll just have to see if the deal involves a Smash character or not (likely not, but who knows).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
While I strongly doubt Apex are in (there are other BRs and EA characters, its very young etc.) I honestly wouldn't be surprised if EA got a character in. They have a lot of characters (which makes the mismanagement even more appalling) - I'd say their character pool is as deep as Capcom / Square-Enix. Also, they're a major publisher by themselves, so regardless of how ****ed up EA is, they're still a company that Nintendo would want third party support from in order to shore up the Switch's library.

That said, Apex would be a very interesting character, regardless of how unlikely it is.

Bribing is the wrong word IMO - considering EA is in the process of porting games to the Switch, Nintendo and EA likely struck a major collaborative deal:

We'll just have to see if the deal involves a Smash character or not (likely not, but who knows).
isn’t mass effect collection coming to the switch as well? EA owns Bioware

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Might as well do mine as well
78: Arle
79: Sora
80: Rex & Pyra
81: Master Chief
82: KOS-MOS
83: Neku
84: Elma
85: Phoenix Wright
86: Tails
87: Ophilia
88: Lara Croft
89: Tiki
90: Monster Hunter
91: Tetra
92: Yu
93: Shadow
94: Fall Guy
95: Toadette
96: Skull Kid
97: Ribbon Girl
98: Crash
99: Chorus Kids
100: Ashley

I had a really difficult time picking characters starting 91 (that’s the point where I exhausted all of my and my friends’ most wanteds)
Ah well, guess I'll do mine (assuming this happened in a definitive edition):

• 11 Echo: Black Shadow
  • 38 Echo: Shadow the Hedgehog
  • 40 Echo: Alph
  • 76 Echo: Ninjara
  • 78: Sora
  • 79: Scorbunny
  • 80: Euden
  • 81: Crash Bandicoot
  • 82: Sakura Shinguji
  • 82 Echo: Sakura Amamiya
  • 83: Bandana Dee