• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Poke Floats is an extreme case, as it is literally just the models from Stadium 1 and 2 floating around against a PNG image. It's one of the laziest stages ever.
I don't think the fact that the stage was originally an asset flip is going to stop Sakurai from adding it, especially since the stage would need to have new models made for it this time.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If they bring any pass stages back to fill up the remaining eight. What ones would you guys pick?

Poke Floats and Rainbow Road I think would obviously be popular ones.
-Poke Floats
-Rainbow Road
-PAC-MAZE
-Wooly World
-Mute City
-:rumblefalls:
-Planet Zebes
-Sector Z

Alternatively, if you had to split the non-pass stages between 4 old and 4 new, what would be your picks? Mine are:

Old
-Poke Floats
-Rainbow Road
-PAC-MAZE
-Wooly World

New
-Tetris
-Condor's Peak (Ice Climber)
-Dr. Mario
-Halidom (Dragalia Lost)

Honorable mention: Monster Hunter stage

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If we get 3 extra stages in additions to the 5 Fighters Pass stages, the 3 boss stages not already usable seem likely

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The games people who hate these claim to lack were the least creative and the more by the number in history (which doesnt mean bad game btw), while the ones that they complain without playing had been the most inovatives. You can dislike them if you want so much to agree with nostalgic people who never played it, but you dont get to lie about their characteristics just because creative and the subjective "soul" are "positive" word thus anything you approve must have them and anything you dont want you must not. People who play them will have a very different opinion, and when nostalgia moves forward that opinion will move in the forum discussions too, to the horror of those who thougth they had objective opinions.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I always found it weird how Poke Floats managed to become popular despite that. Was it used in a tournament or something?
It's just a cool idea for a stage that you could fight on giant balloons based on some Pokémon themselves. The trophy fight event stages were cool for this reason too.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
"Oh right, today's Tuesday. Wonder if we'll get a Spirit Event tonight."

Sakurai at 9pm EST: "lol get a load of this guy"

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
No

These are Nintendo's divisions and subsidiaries, for the record

After all these years it still hurts to see Rare under "Former".

Kind of still pisses me off on how you let a company of that status just walk away like that and not try to buy them out, "But all the good people at Rare left" people say, That was mainly just the Goldeneye/Perfect Dark team at Rare, They still had most of the core Donkey Kong/Banjo-Kazooie team intact and even if they were losing talent, Nintendo would have still have had ownership over all their IP's and could outsourced them to other subsidiaries if needed.

- Also it's kind of sad how little Nintendo invest in western studios these days as "Retro Studios" is the only major one they own and while their output has been amazing, They been having trouble in recent years with steady production.

- "Next Level Games" who is 2nd Party and are known for Mario strikers and Luigi Mansion series.

- Monster Games awhile back worked on the "Excite' franchise and 3DS ports, But has been doing only Nascar since.

And that's pretty much it, I'm not asking for Nintendo to go on a spending spree like Microsoft recently and acquire every studio left and right, But their lineup of western studios pales in comparison to Microsoft and Sony, Hell both of them also have a major precense in Europe, Especially in the UK and Nintendo pretty much bailed out of there ever since they cut their ties with Rare and Argonaut software, Would have been nice to have some of their past western partners be under the Nintendo umbrella today, But sadly that's not the case.

Sorry if I'm ranting here, But just had to vent that out.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
That's not gonna happen unless the Monster Hunter is one of the five remaining fighters in FP2.
I feel like if they were going to add a playable Monster Hunter character they would have done it already with the base game. Also there is no rule stating that there cannot be 2 Monster Hunter stages.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not sure if they'll bring back any past stages.

But I am sure if they do we won't get them for free.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They did that with several other returning stages in the game.
The models themselves are over 20 years old, and it would be very difficult to create new ones.
I feel like if they were going to add a playable Monster Hunter character they would have done it already with the base game. Also there is no rule stating that there cannot be 2 Monster Hunter stages.
You could say the same thing about ARMS.

D

Deleted member

Small Battlefield? That's pretty ****ing interesting. Maybe this was why the NEW part of fighters was removed from the site awhile back.

So now there's 8 stage slots available on the menu. Considering 5 of those slots will be filled for characters of Vol 2, that leaves us with 3 open stage slots. Whether if they get filled up or not is a question time will tell.

While the possibility of standalone stage DLC is 2nd to none, I'd definitely want GRIS as a stage because of how incredible the game looks.

1596592987298.png

1596593074494.png

1596593151040.png

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
TPC has high quality models of every Pokemon, it wouldn't be hard to recreate Poke Floats. Yeah it'd be asset reuse, but remember when Sakurai bragged about how much of the DQ11 overworld he managed to fit into that stage? Asset reuse is already a big time thing. Even Min Min is asset reuse.

The reason they didn't was probably because they don't put as much value in the "so bad its good" factor as the internet seems to. Maybe they just saw it as "so bad its bad" like all those other scrolling/moving stages that didn't return.

FD/Battlefield being Avalugg with Stunfisks will never not be funny though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Small Battlefield is kinda hype not gonna lie.

Also like how they changed the omega and battlefield forms on the SSS too.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We always knew they'd have to update the stage selection screen. Just because there's more than five slots left doesn't necessarily mean we're getting a perfect, neat square.

This new stage is certainly a welcome surprise, but it was also incredibly simple to make. Any other stage would require far more work.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What does the stage select screen look like with the rules on? You know when it has that button on the SSS

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
We always knew they'd have to update the stage selection screen. Just because there's more than five slots left doesn't necessarily mean we're getting a perfect, neat square.

This new stage is certainly a welcome surprise, but it was also incredibly simple to make. Any other stage would require far more work.
Then they totally could've brought back the simplest stage they could port over while they were working on all the Vol. 2 stages.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They should put in pacmaze, I truly miss that stage.
That's impossible. Pac-Maze can't work unless every player has their own screen, and that's not possible with the Switch. Pac-Maze can only function on a traditional handheld console like the 3DS.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's impossible. Pac-Maze can't work unless every player has their own screen, and that's not possible with the Switch. Pac-Maze can only function on a traditional handheld console like the 3DS.
...Just make the gimmick exclusive to handheld mode?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Or you know...just take the gimmick out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom