• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Kelios tryin' to save face.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Nintendo Direct Mini is happening, guys!

Sounds like a presentation that wouldn't have Smash in it.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT 10 MINUTE DIRECT

HERE'S AT LEAST 1 MINUTE ACCOUNTED FOR, ENJOY THE OTHER 9

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
HEY GUYS REMEMBER THAT 10 MINUTE DIRECT

HERE'S AT LEAST 1 MINUTE ACCOUNTED FOR, ENJOY THE OTHER 9
You know, I'm curious, how long were the Pokemom announcements a while ago? Because those alongside these 10 minutes, Paper Mario and Min Min should have been like, 20 minutes of the planned E3 total right?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hell, It's kind of a long shot ,But If it's not asking for too much, I'll be happy if Super Mario Party DLC finally gets announced or an update to Clubhouse Games.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
we want to die.jpg

Thread mood right now.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
The good thing about this partner showcase direct is that it will answer the question on what companies Nintendo is willing to work with. Remember a few days ago, there was a thread about who Nintendo is willing to partner with, well this direct is the answer toward that question. Just paid attention to the third party and tried to guess what characters from that third party companies will get in Smash as a fighter, spirit and/or mii costume.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, if nothing else, it stands true

You can't ****ing predict what they'll do.

You give them a bridge to cross a raging river? Nintendo will spontaneously turn their legs into rocket jets and zoom over it instead.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I remember Rogue Company as that one game that was memorable for being as unmemorable as it was.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Some potential positivity:
It's not "Already announced third-parties", it's "Already-announced games AND third-parties." Maybe a bit of overlap, but they're still two separate things. Also, we might be getting something on the 27th or August 3rd, since maintenance is being done then. After the NEW tab went down on the website, there's gotta be something coming up soon. Then again, I have no concrete evidence, so yeah...

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I can tell myself that I won't wake up for this Direct.

But I know my body will force me to wake up 5 minutes before it happens and then I'll just say **** it and get out of bed anyway.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I'll just post this here.
20200720_065322.png

If we do somehow get Smash after all it will definitely be a third-party character.

Lol to anyone who wanted to know Nintendo's first-party lineup though, including me.
...Would it be greedy to already wait for the Direct after this before this one even begins?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'll just post this here.
View attachment 279391

If we do somehow get Smash after all it will definitely be a third-party character.

Lol to anyone who wanted to know Nintendo's first-party lineup though, including me.
...Would it be greedy to already wait for the Direct after this before this one even begins?
I probably sound like a broken record right now, but there's maintenance done 7/20 (Tomorrow), 7/27, and 8/3. We could get something then, especially considering how the NEW tab on the official website went down.
It should also be noted that it said "Previously-announced titles" AND "Third-party games," not "Previously-announced third-party games." We could still get MP4 of BotW2, so don't give up ALL hope.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I still keep what I said. Today will be interesting for a peculiar reason, I think people are too narrowminded at the though of "third parties" or "publisher".
Keep an open mind, there might be quite some surprise in there nonetheless, just because it's not a "nintendo" game, doesn't mean it can't be good. or surprising...Even if tbh, there might be some ****ty stuff like that whatever game spoiling they'll be at the direct lmao. :bobomb:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Well, if nothing else, it stands true

You can't ****ing predict what they'll do.

You give them a bridge to cross a raging river? Nintendo will spontaneously turn their legs into rocket jets and zoom over it instead.
I would say in that analogy Nintendo is the company that jumps into the river with concrete shoes and blasting their middle finger at everyone on the bridge going "you can't tell us what to do"

And occasionally they just randomly stumble on a treasure chest at the bottom of the river and pretend that was their plan all along.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm gonna leave this here

These are most the companies we can see info from tomorrow

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
btw, idk if anyone noticed that Crysis Remastered is in the eShop right now under coming soon, so that might be featured as well just as promo. Honestly, you can probably just look at the "coming soon" section, scroll to the bottom, and expect some of those games in the mini.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Bandai-Namco develops Smash...
Bandai-Namco also owns Klonoa...
EA makes sports...
SEGA made F-ZERO GX....
What I'm saying is,
Geno DLC for Paper Mario: The Origami King. This makes perfect sense and is very much related to what I just listed.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Maybe we could get Kingdom Hearts ports? I’ve only ever played the first game a loooong time ago. That would be kind of cool.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I think this definitely means they're getting the smaller / third-party announcements out of the way as they prepare something regarding everything that would've been shown at E3. I think it's reasonable to think we'll see a showcase for holiday 2020 / early 2021 by September, smash reveal included. Hopefully we'll get news on Mario, BOTW2, Kirby, Metroid, etc. soon!

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
I'm really not even surprised... Nintendo is acting like they just don't want to show us anything.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if there's some exciting reveals in the Mini but being a 10-minute Partner Showcase means it will, in all likelihood, have basically nothing first-party.

The question is, do they just not have any first party games planned for the rest of this year?

Still, third party games can still be exciting, like maybe Bayonetta 3 or something else.
I think this definitely means they're getting the smaller / third-party announcements out of the way as they prepare something regarding everything that would've been shown at E3. I think it's reasonable to think we'll see a showcase for holiday 2020 / early 2021 by September, smash reveal included. Hopefully we'll get news on Mario, BOTW2, Kirby, Metroid, etc. soon!
I don't know they don't just tell us now... normally they'd have told us over a month ago.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Someone just posted on Papageno's discord server, its the time stamps of the 2018 mini direct that aired back in January of 2018, it was 14 minutes long and covered a lot of stuff and spent a minute on each.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well there is a way to have a smash reveal while not wasting any time:

Have it at the end with a silhouette of the character with a release month for a presentation under it.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Maybe the Mario collection is being done by Toys For Bob and that is how it's technically in the Direct.

I don't know whether I'm joking or not at this point.
If Toys for Bob worked on the Mario collection, I wouldn't be surprised if they sexualized Bowser like they did with the male dragons in the Spyro remake trilogy.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Nintendo Direct Mini is happening, guys!

Welp, at least it’s something to finally look forward too.

This thing is only going to be like 10 minutes and the only three companies that from this list that I’m sure of that’s more than likely are going to show something off are and that’s SEGA, Square Enix, and Altus, and even Altus is somewhat stretching!

Last edited:
I kind of wonder if Nintendo is a bit short in the editing department right now. Spreading out reveals over time would give them extra time to get everything together with a smaller or less efficient crew. That way they don't have to be stressed out putting together a 30+ minute direct in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom