• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenghsienYang

Smash Cadet
Welp the insiders weren't wrong about there being a Direct.
So yeah:

Nintendo: Nintendo Direct Mini!

Everyone: Yeah!

Nintendo: Only 3rd party titles, and it's only around 10 minutes long!

Everyone:

Nintendo: And few updates about games that were already announced!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I know it ain't gonna happen, but I can dream of Travis getting announced in this 3rd party focused mini.... Well I'll pray for some news for NMH3 tomorrow......and SMTVView attachment 279368
I was actually thinking this might have been a possibility. I think Travis has a good shot of being one of the Fighters in this second pass. That said in a 10 minute mini direct I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
tHE DIRECT HASN'T EVEN GOTTEN HERE AND WE'RE ALREADY LOOKING TO THE NEXT ONE JKAHFKAAF
WE MUST ALWAYS LOOK TO THE FUTURE

IT'S BEEN LIKE 30 MINUTES SINCE THE LAST DIRECT WAS ANNOUNCED, WHERE'S THE NEXT ONE? NINTENDO'S ****IN' SLACKING!

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Instead of insiders telling us to “lower expectations” they should have just told us “do not have any expectations”.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I have lowered my expectations to the point that anything about Silksong will make me happy, and even that probably won't happen because the video is 10 minutes long.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'd hate to be that guy, but were the insiders trying to hype us up this much on purpose?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
"Lower your expectations everyone"

Pfft, I expected nothing and somehow this is more disappointing. Nothing would give me hope they were still planning something. Doing a ten-minute partner direct just tells you they actually had nothing of their own to pull together on time and just quickly threw something out to still meet agreements made to feature partner companies in their direct.

This is a message loud and clear that other devs have their stuff sorted but for whatever reason Nintendo remains the sole major gaming company that could not get its **** together in 2020. E3 getting cancelled already gave them an extra month and some to turn in their homework and they're still incapable of doing so.
It makes me really wonder what they were doing for E3. A Smash reveal probably(Dont tell me that was gonna be where Min Min was supposed to be shown at), a bunch of trailers for stuff we already knew, and the Pokemon MOBA being the top thing shown off? Not even sure that's a solid direct let alone E3 presentation. But at the same time it has felt like Nintendo was mostly punting this year away due to the PS5/XBX so.....

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
While I'm certainly happy to get more news, it doesn't sound like we're getting much in the first-party department.

I'm leaning toward no Smash reveal, and probably very little or no information about other first-parties titles like BotW2 or the 35th anniversary Mario game.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Don't mind me I'm just in the bargaining stage wondering if a Sega developed F-Zero could possibly be showing up in this b

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Well, thankfully I have a mountain of a backlog.

And AC and Paper Mario are super good.

Given the circumstances, like, I can't fault them too much, but dang man...This blows.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know it used to be real Komm Süsser Todd hours?

Now it's real Traumerei hours.

This ain't even really a bit I think we just need some music to vibe to rn and I think this song fits the mood well.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
There's Maintenance I Believe on the 27th, and also the 3rd of August. We're probably getting more of these pretty Soon, and We'll probably have Smash in one of these also

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I will happy if we get a release date on doom eternal and maybe they slip in one or two new games (that can be ports already released on other systems).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's Maintenance I Believe on the 27th, and also the 3rd of August. We're probably getting more of these pretty Soon, and We'll probably have Smash in one of these also
Those might also be third party only.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm tired of waiting for smash news. I'm just gonna enjoy the freakin direct for 10 mins and then open to the skies XD

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
The Japanese one being 10 minutes already throws a Smash reveal out the window. There might even be game differences that might make the America/Europe a bit longer for example they might show Doom in the western video, but not show it in the japanese one since the franchise doesn't sell well over there and we might get Persona 5 Scramble localization details in the western video, but has no reason to be in the Japanese one since the game is out.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Seems disappointing overall, but I still feel we should wait and see what they will actually show off. Hoping for at least some new third party reveals at the very bare minimum

Subnautica Switch port pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It makes me really wonder what they were doing for E3. A Smash reveal probably(Dont tell me that was gonna be where Min Min was supposed to be shown at), a bunch of trailers for stuff we already knew, and the Pokemon MOBA being the top thing shown off? Not even sure that's a solid direct let alone E3 presentation. But at the same time it has felt like Nintendo was mostly punting this year away due to the PS5/XBX so.....
They were probably sweating bullets until the covid situation gave them an easy out. The more you analyze the situation the more likely this becomes:

- Animal Crossing getting delayed into 2020 because they clearly had nothing else
- Early 2020 and June focusing super hard on Pokemon and Smash because, again, they clearly had nothing else
- Having ONLY Origami King to hype for an entire month
- Pushing Arms, Splatoon and Mario Tennis Aces event to push these games in the absence of anything else.

I think they really just got super super lucky from a really bad situation. The quarantine situation gave them: an excuse to explain to shareholders the lack of announcement, an excuse to delay these announcements, and unexpectedly high reception for games like animal crossing and ring fit adventure that probably carried their early 2020 forecasts on their own.
I would not be surprised if Clubhouse Games was meant to be released later but they hyper pushed it to release earlier than planned in order to further take advantage of current events. Watch us get an update later this year that will enable several games to suddenly be playable with multiple people that currently are inexplicably missing.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
430.jpg

Remember when I had this as an avatar?

Might be time to bring it back, I feel.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Seems disappointing overall, but I still feel we should wait and see what they will actually show off. Hoping for at least some new third party reveals at the very bare minimum

Subnautica Switch port pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Pretty sure it was stated they’re talking about already announced third party games. They’re just giving updates. So I wouldn’t count on it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
grlfctfhxam41.jpg

I'm just gonna head to bed, man

I'm far from mad, just disappointed

Hopefully things clear up by September/October, but man, aside from some personal dream Smash reveals, this year's not been a fun one as a Nintendo fan.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Maybe the Mario collection is being done by Toys For Bob and that is how it's technically in the Direct.

I don't know whether I'm joking or not at this point.

TenghsienYang

Smash Cadet
Kelios himself never said anything about the Mario remasters IIRC. So he's in the clear. As for the rest of the "insiders"....

EDIT: Nah, I take that back. He retweeted some stuff about the Mario remasters before. Unless we're getting a separate Direct later on and he was being deliberately vague regarding those, he's just as guilty. He gets points for correctly stating the date of a Direct, though.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Meanwhile Sony and Microsoft fans have been getting full blown presentations with tons of new games.

Nintendo: “Hey guys we got Bakugan!”

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 279382
I'm just gonna head to bed, man

I'm far from mad, just disappointed

Hopefully things clear up by September/October, but man, aside from some personal dream Smash reveals, this year's not been a fun one as a Nintendo fan.
Same here, man. I'm not salty, just...disappointed.
a60.png

For those willing to watch it, hope y'all have fun. I'll catch the summaries while I eat breakfast tomorrow.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If it's any solace, there's maintenance being done not only tomorrow, but for the 27th and August 3rd. Maybe we'll be getting a first-party focused Direct then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom