• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure of the start in itself. It was probably a somewhat niche pick at the start, like a lot of other characters. In fact, you can go back to Smash 4 polls before the game, Geno is non existent there.

He got a massive boost, and certainly some bandwagoning, once Sakurai stated after Sm4sh launch that he had considered Geno as a fighter, but didn't in the end for I-don't-remember which reason.

Anyway, he was and still is a mostly American pick. He is nearly unknown in Europe (because of his game not launching there back in the day), and is known but clearly not the most requested in Japan.
Geno was a pretty big request back in Brawl. His demand was almost as big (and potentially bigger) as the likes of Ridley and K. Rool. I wasn't active during Smash 4 speculation so I cannot speak to that but his presence during the speculation days in Brawl definately left a big footprint. He was one of the top requested characters in the polls for Brawl along with Ridley, K. Rool, Dedede, Diddy Kong and others.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice wrote a brilliant essay which you can read here. He covers how Geno was even requested as far back as Melee and talks about the likelihood of his chances this time around. I recommend anyone who doesn't understand the push for Geno to read this essay. If you can forfeit the time, it's a fun and enlightening read.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Saying a character would work better as a Mii Costume is basically a polite way of saying, "I don't want them playable."

I mean, how many times have you seen a character and genuinely said to yourself, "Woah! Now that is the kind of character who would look awesome as a disproportional costume for my stubby-limbed, generic avatar!"
I wouldn't say that's the only reason. For instance, I wouldn't mind seeing Madeline from Celeste join Smash, but I'm really drawing a blank as to what her moveset would be like. Her two main actions are dashing and climbing, not much to work with there. I could think of a neat Up-Special for her using the red bouncy clouds, but that's about it. As such, I feel a Mii Costume would be perfect for her. There's also Shovel Knight, who most likely isn't getting added in as DLC since he's already an assist trophy, so getting in as a Mii Costume would be a good compromise. It wouldn't take much more time to make, and it gives people the ability to basically play as Shovel Knight, perhaps alongside his own music track.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I think it is a hit shorter, but also, that now he swings it in awkward ways and angles that don’t take advantage of it the range.

For example, his arm is bent while he’s swinging it in his nair. Makes it seem pathetically shorter than it really is.

His forward Tilt also looks pretty bizarre so it doesn’t take full advantage of its range.
They did nerf his nair animation from 4 - In 4 it was really goddamn wide. It kinda hurts as a Ult Cloud main, but eh, Nair is still a pretty decent poking tool and catches people off guard more often than not.

His FTilt (at 2:15 in the linked video) also looks kinda bizarre in 4, so it might've just been designed that way.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wish I had the creative ability or time to create one of those Season pass images. I have some ideas of what I'd do. I just don't think I'd be able to do it well in Microsoft paint.

---
To be fair, with stuff like Mii Costumes, I don't think it's always that people don't want them as playable.

For example, I think Dark Souls would be really cool. But I also wonder if Sakurai would find the gameplay opportunities boring, and opt for Mii Fighter costumes of Solaire and/or Artorias.

D

Deleted member

Chief in smash would be a big deal

-he’s mostly the poster boy for Xbox just like :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:&:ult_terry: were for their company's
He’s like Xbox’s child like...he’s inside an Xbox one s disk drive & a Xbox one x circuit board where you see him riding a scorpion
-there’s rumors about mcc coming to the switch and he can easily promote halos debut on the switch(not counting halo on Minecraft) just like :ulthero: was for dq11s
>”but you can say that to every new game coming to the switch so that means they’re coming to smash”
Well the thing is is that where hero & Chief come from are square enix & Microsoft. 2 company’s already representing a fighter or 2
-just like every other character choice he to has a fun move set
-of course he could end up as a mii fighter but it still would be a big deal.
-he was with Xbox since the beginning
-of course it’s not big in Japan but don’t forget what sakurai said in terry’s presentation

i say that:ultbanjokazooie: were to give what the fans want but if there were another I say they go with the big guns master chief

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
To be fair, I don't think the quality of the two games was a factor in the slightest. For example, Fates was considered a divisive game even among the FE fandom and Corrin still got in.

Fates also launched a month after Splatoon, which despite its success, especially considering it was the Wii U of all things, didn't get the slot.

So weirdly enough, even though 3H is a good game, I don't think its quality was measured against other games/IPs at all.
The release date thing is kind of fair, we could use that to prove that DLCs really are decided separately from the main roster. I wonder if that's also to do with the fact that Splatoon had yet to prove itself to be massively successful, whereas Fire Emblem was guaranteed to sell a lot.

It's pretty undeniable that 3H was selected before it could prove itself (unless there's some extra story we don't know about), so my questions about game quality are more for the purpose of determining how bad I should feel that Rex didn't make it in. Because I don't feel bad about it all, but it seems quite a number of people really do, especially in the light of Byleth's inclusion.

I still think it’s mechanics. Byleth is from FE which is probably the easiest series to translate to Smash. Xenoblade 2’s battle system was vastly different from 1 and X and (IMO) would be VERY difficult to translate to Smash while remaining faithful to the source material.
If it's really that hard, then I'm surprised the issue didn't come up very much in early speculation.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I wish I had the creative ability or time to create one of those Season pass images. I have some ideas of what I'd do. I just don't think I'd be able to do it well in Microsoft paint.

---
To be fair, with stuff like Mii Costumes, I don't think it's always that people don't want them as playable.

For example, I think Dark Souls would be really cool. But I also wonder if Sakurai would find the gameplay opportunities boring, and opt for Mii Fighter costumes of Solaire and/or Artorias.
Same. I have 0 computer art skills. Might try to figure out how to do it eventually because it would be a cool thing to make but for right now I dont feel like messing with it

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Saying a character would work better as a Mii Costume is basically a polite way of saying, "I don't want them playable."

I mean, how many times have you seen a character and genuinely said to yourself, "Woah! Now that is the kind of character who would look awesome as a disproportional costume for my stubby-limbed, generic avatar!"
Yeah, I had a feeling everyone suggesting “Steve Mii costume” here or on Twitter was being condescending to fans.

I genuinely think some characters like Freddy Fazbear would look good as mii costumes (I’m actually hoping for a Freddy one since I don’t expect anything more, but he would be cooler as playable even if I don’t care either way, and same for other characters), but if the same people are constantly complaining about how Steve would look and they don’t actually care about him/they even dislike him then yeah, I don’t think they actually care about fans or Minecraft content at all and are just making a petty attempt at silencing the fans (which is obvious from how some Twitter users suggest it).

Except with Steve it is genuinely always someone who hates/dislikes him suggesting the Mii costume and very rarely is it a fan who wants him as a fighter but doesn’t expect him. And he could very well work and look good as a fighter if he would look bad as a Mii suit.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm curious if there's anyone here who's beaten both Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Could they weigh in on the subject of Byleth vs. Rex?

As someone who's only beaten Three Houses and only observed XC2 from the feedback and most notable parts, my opinion is that 3H is an all-around superior game regardless of its franchise, and thus the two can't be equivocated. But since that's not a fair or wholly-informed opinion, I'd like to hear how others compare the two.
I've beaten both games (well at least 2/4 routes for Three Houses) so I'll weigh in my thoughts:

From what I've seen in this thread it seems like Xenoblade 2 gets a ton of hate by everyone. I won't deny that the game has a ton of flaws (like its really cheesy/cringeworthy writing and some really annoying gameplay segments) but overall I enjoyed my time with it. It was hard for me to get into at first since I never really played MMO-styled games though once I got into it I found myself playing it non-stop.

Three Houses on the other hand was nearly flawless in my opinion and was my favorite game of 2019. Unless I go into full on nitpick mode I really can't think of any issues this game had. The game has a ton of replay value and like Xenoblade 2 the soundtrack is just phenomenal.

If I had to choose between a Three Houses or Xenoblade 2 rep solely based on how good their games are, I'd go with Three Houses in a heartbeat.

D

Deleted member

well I found this cool fighters pass template and it also lists mii costumes
Thought you might give it a try once you have a chance

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Just Steve.

But I can also be realistic and admit when a character isn't gonna be playable, but could still work as a Mii.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well I found this cool fighters pass template and it also lists mii costumes
Thought you might give it a try once you have a chance
Hmm, I kinda can see Ring Fit Trainer as a costume tbh

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To reiterate why bendy limbs for Steve would look off personally:

-He looks good with his regular limbs to me.
-The Mii limbs are sorta like regular human limbs, so the way they bend would look odd.
-If they bend like they do in the Minecraft Dungeons trailer, where it’s just at right-angles, it’d look fine. Maybe even if not just at right-angles, but only with one elbow joint and it’s still an edge instead of being rounded, and isn’t like the Mii limbs/they shouldn’t turn aside from the body-connecting joints.
-Official trailers already give them personality, they could even animate his eyes like the bees’ eyes in one trailer, if not how it’s done in Dungeons or in Bedrock Edition/Minecraft Earth.

I don’t expect anyone to agree, but this is why I think he’d look much better as his own fighter instead of as a model swap for a Mii, even ignoring my bias.

Heck, to be honest, I even think those animations some Minecraft fans make with very bendy limbs look okay on their own, although they are somewhat odd and stray from Minecraft’s style, so I personally don’t like them much...but anyway, I hope y’all understand instead of completely ignoring my view and going at me with “how would he even work as a fighter then?” as if straight, rectangular limbs are really oh-so objectively awful when no, they’re not.
Steve is one of my most wanted, but I'm going to be honest and play devil's advocate and say that you're argument are pretty weak, because you could say the same thing about literally every video game character. For example Cuphead, sure he looks pretty good as a mii, but 1. He would have most likely looks better as a fighter and 2. He do have a lot of facial expressions in his game and I'm unsure if the mii wil capture that. I will agree that the arms bending on Steve would probably look awkward, but I don't think it's that detail that would stop Sakurai to add Steve as a mii because Minecraft is very popular and if Steve don't make the cut he might just add him as a mii no mater the details like that.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I still think it’s mechanics. Byleth is from FE which is probably the easiest series to translate to Smash. Xenoblade 2’s battle system was vastly different from 1 and X and (IMO) would be VERY difficult to translate to Smash while remaining faithful to the source material.
And yet, it took four games since FE's introduction to Smash to get the full weapon triangle in the game.

Tbh the reason people find FE to be an "easy" series to translate is because they do away with the series' mechanics a lot of the time, unfortunately. And considering the movesets I've seen for Rex (and other Xenoblade characters) in the past, I don't really think mechanics are that hard to deal with.

The release date thing is kind of fair, we could use that to prove that DLCs really are decided separately from the main roster. I wonder if that's also to do with the fact that Splatoon had yet to prove itself to be massively successful, whereas Fire Emblem was guaranteed to sell a lot.

It's pretty undeniable that 3H was selected before it could prove itself (unless there's some extra story we don't know about), so my questions about game quality are more for the purpose of determining how bad I should feel that Rex didn't make it in. Because I don't feel bad about it all, but it seems quite a number of people really do, especially in the light of Byleth's inclusion.
I guess the reasoning people use for Splatoon (Smash 4), ARMS and Astral Chain (Ultimate) not being held back for DLC is that they were completely new IPs at the time, unlike FE, which is a "safer" choice. But you don't have that excuse with Xenoblade. So Rex (or if you want to go further, Elma in Smash 4) could have been future proofed for DLC, but that didn't happen. Instead, 3H (or Fates in Smash 4) content was kept around for that purpose.

What's interesting about this is that Xenoblade was also a series that "needed" promotion and the rotating cast argument also applies to it. My guess is that's why parts of that support base are being more vocal about this.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think the Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comparisons are silly. They're both great games in their own right Joy-Con Drift and static electricity stopped me from finishing the game, and shiny new games stopped me from going back to it for about a year (also, my current set of Joy-Cons started drifting yesterday. I swear my Switch controllers have a death curse on them), but I got through most of the game (or at least I assume) and aside from the gacha style Blade summoning mechanics, I really liked it.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is just as good. The character interactions are top notch (though watching some before others can destroy their character arc) and it's fun watching everyone become a one man army is super fun. I can't play it for too long stretches at a time because I find the fights to be kinda repetitive, but otherwise I've been liking it so far as well.

Doesn't really fit any of the 3 styles.

Unless he just became a hat, like the Rabbids.
Even if he did, a Spyro costume would look so dumb. A hat would be ok though.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Let’s be honest. Anyone who thinks he would look good as a full-body Mii but not as a fighter is just hiding the fact they hate the idea of him “stealing” their character’s slot. I only think he’d look off as a Mii because of the mii’s limbs’ movements, but he’d stick to Minecraft’s style as a fighter. If you think he’d look good as a Mii’s model swap, then it should be even easier for you to imagine how his limbs would be animated as a fighter even if ignorant to Minecraft’s style.

Steve is one of my most wanted, but I'm going to be honest and play devil's advocate and say that you're argument are pretty weak, because you could say the same thing about literally every video game character. For example Cuphead, sure he looks pretty good as a mii, but 1. He would have most likely looks better as a fighter and 2. He do have a lot of facial expressions in his game and I'm unsure if the mii wil capture that. I will agree that the arms bending on Steve would probably look awkward, but I don't think it's that detail that would stop Sakurai to add Steve as a mii because Minecraft is very popular and if Steve don't make the cut he might just add him as a mii no mater the details like that.
I never once argued he wouldn’t happen as a Mii and I could still see Sakurai making him one if not a fighter, I just offered my own opinion as to why he wouldn’t work well as a Mii as much as a fighter but I could still see Sakurai thinking it’s good enough. Cuphead and Sans are also a bit odd since they never change their face, although it’s better with Sans because while he still could’ve changed his eyes, he only has one instance of dropping his smile a bit in Undertale. The only reason I even argue over the Mii thing is because I swear everyone who suggests it doesn’t like him/complains about how he’d look (some who suggest it have made that clear) and some are even condescending about it.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I never once argued he wouldn’t happen as a Mii and I could still see Sakurai making him one if not a fighter, I just offered my own opinion as to why he wouldn’t work well as a Mii as much as a fighter but I could still see Sakurai thinking it’s good enough. Cuphead and Sans are also a bit odd since they never change their face, although it’s better with Sans because while he still could’ve changed his eyes, he only has one instance of dropping his smile a bit in Undertale.
I think Cuphead's costume works if you look at it like it's a mascot costume of some sort.

Were he an actual fighter I'd bet he'd be much shorter...Do you think they'd stick Cuphead in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's artstyle style if he was an actual fighter? Or would they try to merge the the artstyle with Cuphead's so he's some sort of flat character with film lines going across him and such?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm curious if there's anyone here who's beaten both Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Could they weigh in on the subject of Byleth vs. Rex?

As someone who's only beaten Three Houses and only observed XC2 from the feedback and most notable parts, my opinion is that 3H is an all-around superior game regardless of its franchise, and thus the two can't be equivocated. But since that's not a fair or wholly-informed opinion, I'd like to hear how others compare the two.
While I think Three Houses is objectively the better game and I'm super thrilled for Byleth, I still slightly preferred my experience with XC2 since it introduced me to what is now my favorite Nintendo series and the story, despite being full of holes and embarrassing lines, has left a lasting impression on me that TH hasn't quite replicated (Blue Lions route came damn close, though).

If I had to choose between Byleth or Rex, I'd go with the latter.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st

I disagree -- Geno, Sans, and now Cuphead have shifted the perspective from 'I don't want them playable' to 'I want them to be represented, but a Mii costume is probably the best they're gonna get'. Support for (mostly indie) characters like Hollow- and Shovel-Knight is transitioning a lot towards support for them being a mii fighter, as opposed to an actual character, after the september direct and the most recent presentation .

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Tell me Ball Guy wouldn't be a great Mii Costume.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Cuphead's costume works if you look at it like it's a mascot costume of some sort.

Were he an actual fighter I'd bet he'd be much shorter...Do you think they'd stick Cuphead in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's artstyle style if he was an actual fighter? Or would they try to merge the the artstyle with Cuphead's so he's some sort of flat character with film lines going across him and such?
Idk, I could see them either sticking with a 3D model or do something like Mr. Game & Watch.

Admittedly I guess a Steve costume would be okay if it’s like a mascot costume (I know you didn’t mention Steve but your suggestion for Cuphead gave me the idea), but I’d hope it’d be segmented cardboard and it’d still be weird with the gaps (so basically another low-budget costume). Just a head would be fine but like I said before, everyone who suggests the idea doesn’t even care/actually hates him and it feels condescending.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Well for starters Xenoblade 2 doesn't look like a Dreamcast game

But really you are just asking for trouble with this post :laugh:

toonito

Smash Ace
If the Miis got a 4th class I'd like to see Spellcaster, (names consistent with Gunner, Brawler, and Swordfighter)

Both Sans and Cuphead are short and translate well as Mii Costumes, due to its artstyle, limbs, and movement i don't think Steve would fit as such

If anything I think Geno fits a deluxe Mii Gunner as well

I'd like to see Hollow Knight get the deluxe mii treatment

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I disagree -- Geno, Sans, and now Cuphead have shifted the perspective from 'I don't want them playable' to 'I want them to be represented, but a Mii costume is probably the best they're gonna get'. Support for (mostly indie) characters like Hollow- and Shovel-Knight is transitioning a lot towards support for them being a mii fighter, as opposed to an actual character, after the september direct and the most recent presentation .
There's a difference between, "I wouldn't mind them being a Mii Costume because I doubt they'll get in," and "Sorry, but that character would work better as a Mii Costume than an actual fighter."

Point I'm trying to make is that it's really dumb to argue that a costume for a generic avatar would somehow represent a character better than an actual fighter. It's an argument people mainly use to undermine a character's chances because they don't want that character to get in Smash.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

It's really more of a matter of "it's unlikely they get in as a full character and I'd like to see them playable in some form." I'd say deluxe Mii Costumes (alongside Echo Fighters) are an amazing way to get more characters involved in Smash where they might not have gotten that opportunity.

There's no way Cuphead would've gotten in as a playable character, but now that he's a Mii Costume fans of his character can play as him with a moveset that, being realistically, would be incredibly similar to what he'd have gotten as a full character.

That's why characters like Shovel Knight or even Geno seem like natural deluxe Mii Costumes. They're popular characters that either wouldn't get in (Shovel Knight is practically nonexistant in Japan) and/or would play extremely similar to the Mii Fighters (as far as I'm aware, the most cited gimmick for Geno is timed attacks, but otherwise he'd a zoner like Mii Gunner).

I honestly don't see what's wrong with deluxe Mii Costumes. They're another way to get more characters involved in a playable form where they might not have been. Sure, it's disappointing that they're not fully playable, but it's better than nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

I really liked both games. I'm not gonna say which one is better because both games are drastically different from each other. One is a straight up RPG while the other is a strategy game with some slight RPG elements. With that said, both games have flaws that hindered their enjoyability. There are some things I prefer in XC2 over TH and vice versa. But if you asked me which character I would've liked most, Rex or Byleth, I would've said Rex. I like TH but XC2 left a long lasting impression that reminded me of a lot of old school RPGs I played and enjoyed.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Aight all this Fire Emblem whining has got me thinking -- what series wouldn't you mind getting another rep via DLC?

I wouldn't mind another Pokemon rep, as long as they don't pick a humanoid starter.
Here's a controversial answer: I wouldn't mind another Mario rep. I think there's still a lot of really cool untapped potential still in that series, from Paper Mario to Kamek Koopa to Geno to King Boo, etc. Paper Mario especially has been a character I've wanted since Melee, and I'm really hoping those "new game that goes back to the series roots" rumor is true.

Personally, I think quite a few franchises still have a lot of great/unique characters to pick from. Urbossa, Skull Kid, and Wolf Link/Midna would all be incredible new Zelda reps (but only Urbosa would have a chance at DLC).

Pokemon seems like the most likely series to get a DLC slot, and it will 99.999 out of 10 be from SwiSh. If they're lame, they'll pick the Grass Starter or the new Legendary from the upcoming DLC. If they're BRILLIANT, they'll pick Sirfetch'd.

The obvious and most necessary addition to the DK Crew would be Dixie, but I think Cranky would also be a stupidly fun addition. I'd love to see what Sakurai would do to give a moveset to an elderly fighter. If nothing else, it'd be extremely entertaining. Obviously not for Ultimate's DLC, but still...

Everything else (including Kirby and especially Metroid now) seems set. I haven't played Xenoblade 2 but I wouldn't be opposed to another rep from that franchise. But, for example, just because Olimar is the only one repping his franchise doesn't automatically mean we need another. Some franchises are perfectly repped with just one character, and that's fine.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

They both deserve to be added.

Both games had an amazing cast of characters.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I honestly don't see what's wrong with deluxe Mii Costumes. They're another way to get more characters involved in a playable form where they might not have been. Sure, it's disappointing that they're not fully playable, but it's better than nothing as far as I'm concerned.
The only problem is people use it as a way to tell Steve fans to shut up/condescendingly offer them a “better than nothing” deal because they don’t like him. Some people do it with Geno, too. Admittedly few if any brought up a Steve costume when I made my first post but at least one person did last night and I know someone else did not long ago and people have said it a lot beforehand/on twitter as well so I thought “why not.”

Admittedly I, too, would like a Steve costume over nothing, but he would definitely have a unique moveset as a fighter and be animated better and it doesn’t help how people only suggest the Mii costume because they want an excuse to downplay him and fans (very rarely does a legitimate fan suggest the idea because they want him but don’t expect him as a fighter).

Aside from that stuff, I also think “deluxe” mii costumes are cool and better than nothing (even if I still think a full-body Steve costume would look off since the animations would be different than if he were a fighter, since how Minecraft characters are officially animated even in Dungeons are nothing like the miis’ limbs), and hope a few like Freddy get in, even if I still think fighters would be better.

Last edited:
If we do get Echo Fighters in Volume 2, I want Ocarina of Time Adult Link back because I want to play as an Adult Link who wears both a Green hat and wears Gauntlets. I don't like the Tunic of the Wild Link at all.

I don't like Echo Fighters but OoT Adult Link would be best suited for it. Not sure who he would go over, Link or Young Link.
I've seen this idea passed around a bit, and I highly doubt it will happen, but I really like it. I'll do you one further. How about instead of just OoT Link, we also get Twilight Princess Link as an alt (I'm thinkin' 4 costumes are OoT Link, and 4 are TP Link), and name it Fighter 3ε: Classic Link? I like this idea more and more each time I hear it.

I'd picture him going over Adult Link, of course, because not much would be changed.
  • Sword and shield animations horizontally mirrored to reflect him being left-handed
  • Uses Melee voice clips when in OoT alt, and Brawl/Smash 4 voice clips in his Twilight Princess alt.
  • Reuses old entrance animation from pre-Ultimate
  • No sword beams (Forward smash is stronger/faster to compensate)
  • Arrows don't last on the ground
  • Hookshot grab/throws and tether recovery
  • Bombs aren't remote controlled.
And that's really all that's necessary to make it work. Though I came up with some more personal changes anyways:
  • Gets Young Link's multi-hit parry as an alternate neutral attack finisher.
  • If he grabs a bomb, then he can fire a Bomb Arrow. This is his replacement for BotW Link's double arrow.
  • Gets the fairy taunt back.
Geno is getting in and that's a fact
Well, I HOPE he will, anyways, but, uh, don't count your chickens before they hatch and all that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom