• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
FP5: Arle Nadja

Fighter's Pass 2: Old Series

Dr. Eggman
Bandana Dee
Grovyle
Elma
Geno

Fighters Pass 3: return of New Series

Hayabusa
Akira Howard
Lyoid
Steve
Phoenix Wright

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ooh! What if they treated Rillaboom's drum like a separate object? He could pick up, put down, or create the drum with his Down Special, play, or kick around the drum with his normal moves, and his special moves would interact with the drum in some way in order to enhance them. It'd be like playing a Rivals of Aether character.

Technically D.J. Octavio is still an Octoling, he just doesn't have a humanoid form. In fact I think most Octolings don't have a humanoid form come to think of it. (Unless Octolings are just a subspecies and I don't remember what the octopus people as a whole are actually called.)
I think you’re thinking of Octarians

D

Deleted member

If your most wanted character would get in Smash, what kind of unique mechanic/gimmick could they have? How would it work?
I imagine Bomberman's gimmick would be functionally similar to Snake's gimmick. You plop a bomb down, and then you can throw it, kick it, make it bigger, or leave it there. Bomberman is essentially designed around trapping opponents through chaos, so I imagine he'll use a big bomb with a giant explosion radius over Snake's two small grenades.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Well i was thinking about asking this question to the thread for a while now...

If your most wanted character would get in Smash, what kind of unique mechanic/gimmick could they have? How would it work?

Like, Joker has Arsene (Rebel guard itself is also a pretty unique move), Hero got the down-b menu (also the MP and the Crits.), Banjo got Wonderwing and Terry got the 'Go' thing at 100%+.

For mine, i was thinking Hayabusa could have his ninpo art of summoning clones of himself. It could work a bit like Luma or the Ice Climbers sort of, except the clones could stay in the air (instead of falling), couldn't be hit (they wouldn't block projectiles and stuff) and you could pass through them (pretty much exactly like in Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES). Wall climbing/running would also be great but maybe too situational (e.g. useless on FD or Battlefield). Like every idea, they'd have to put some kind of downside (like a time limit or a 'cost' of some sort) to make it balanced.

If anyone want to share their ideas, i'd be very interested to read them.
My most wanted is Adeleine & Ribbon.

They would have many unique mechanics, as their concept is very unique.
Adeleine is a glass cannon character, very weak physically but elusive and with powerful ranged attacks.

1- Remote controlled bosses
One special move allows you to summon a boss. Unlike in Kirby Star Allies where you can ride the boss, here you can't, you remote control it instead (Star Allies is a platformer and boss riding was introduced to allow you to progress in the level while using the boss' moveset; in Smash this is not necessary because most stages are static, and it would be quite unbalanced). Adeleine hides herself behind the easel while giving orders to the boss (shaking the brush at it to give indications), while you control it.

The boss has a limited amount of health, and it's made of paint, meaning that when it will explode (because it has a limited time) it will release paint particles. The boss can be defeated if it runs out of health; in case it's defeated, it will explode, but without causing knockback, only releasing the paint (that's like the ink of the inkling). The bosses' moveset is very limited, you have a basic attack with A, and depending on the boss you can either get a couple of combinations of A+directional input or some different attacks depending on timing. While Adeleine is at the easel, she is vulnerable. If you attack the easel, the boss will instantly explode and Adeleine will recieve the knockback, so it's a dangerous move that relies in your ability to dominate the stage and keep the enemy at a distance. Bosses are Ice Dragon, Kracko and Whispy Woods; Whispy is static and acts as a wall; you can spit air bullets, release apples and attack with the spiked roots. You can choice the boss to draw by waiting the correct sketch like in Star Allies, and you can decide to destroy the boss by pressing B while controlling it. If the boss is defeated, the easel will disappear instantly, and Adeleine will show a rage animation for a couple of seconds, staying vulnerable to attacks; so it's better to drop the boss before the opponent destroys it.

2- Chargeable dash attack
Adeleine has an iconic desperate flail attack that resembles Luigi's dash attack a bit. Adeleine's attack though can be charged. It's activated like a regular dash attack, but it can be charged like a Smash attack, and starts on release. A basic attack will make you bounce back when you hit the enemy; a charged attack will let you pass through. A charged attack will slowly decrease its power, becoming the same as a regular attack near the end; it's only stronger at the beginning (you can see the strenght of the attack visually because the stronger it is, the more it will release cartoony smoke clouds from the head to represent rage).

The charge animation is once again angry Adeleine, similar to when you break her boss drawing in the gimmick I explained above.

-Crystal gun
Additionally to her regular recovery, she has another special move that can be used as a recovery.
Her side special will allow her to shoot crystals with a special weapon that was used against 0^2 in Kirby 64.
When using this move, regardless of if you're on land or mid air, Ribbon will lift Adeleine and let her float for a small time. In Smash, you are only allowed to shoot up to 3 crystals, then you have to wait a cooldown (similar to how Bowser's flame becomes weaker if you overuse it and you have to wait).
The crystals will regenerate at incremental speed: the first crystal is pretty fast to regenerate, the second is a bit slower, the last one requires some more time. The three crystals are represented above Adeleine's icon and percentage on the screen, and they are designed in a way to resemble how the three hidden crystal shards were represented for each level in the level select screen of Kirby 64.

-Summon minions for smash attacks
Adeleine's regular attacks and smash attacks are completely different. Regular attacks are mostly done by slashing the paintbrush at the enemy, similar to what you would do with a swordman character. The Smash attacks instead consist in summoning minions. Depending on the type of smash attack, you will summon different creatures that will travel on the stage for a while before exploding in paint like the bosses. They are ranged smash attacks like Megaman's.
Forward smash summons three different enemies depending on how you tilt the analog stick after the smash input and before releasing the attack: if you keep holding forward, it will summon a Waddle Dee; if you hold up, it will summon a Bronto Burt; if you hold down, it will summon a Bouncy.
Up Smash summons a Popon and down smash will summon Pon & Con going in different directions.
Charging the smash attack will make the enemy bigger and slower (travels for a shorter distance) for forward smash, will make Popon grow more blobs for up smash, and will create more minions who will follow Pon & Con for down smash.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't know about predicting fighter pass spots, but since some people are bringing it up, I also want to discuss my most wanted characters.

Phoenix Wright: The Ace Attorney games are my favorite games only behind Smash Ultimate. My two favorite games in one would kill me from hype. Having a lawyer fight Ridley is hilarious to think about and the Ace Attorney music is so AWESOME! He would work so well and he was fun in UMvC3.

Doom Slayer: He would be bad a**. His moveset would consist of lots of weapons and him running and jumping all around the stage trying to out-space his opponents. And the Doom music is the most metal s*** ever. I want it in Smash so badly. I love Doom, it pumps me up so much and if they can capture that spirit in Smash, it would be heavenly.

Monokuma: Danganronpa is one of my favorite game series. Monokuma himself is a wacky, yet demented, yet funny and hard-to-hate character. He would stand out from all the other characters and his moveset would use elements from all the various executions in his games, plus his claws and spikes he can summon. And I need more of that Debate Scrum music in my life. Danganronpa music in general is great and builds an amazing atmosphere.

Agumon: I grew up with the Digimon anime and Rumble Arena games. This would probably be the only opportunity for a Pokemon and Digimon crossover which would be sick.

Crash Bandicoot: I love pretty much everything about this character (in addition to nostalgia): Music, character design, personality, moveset potential, charming worlds that have plenty of variety for various stage ideas. God, the games are so charming. Please make it happen Nintendo and Activision.

Kratos: I'm a big God of War fan and a Sony character in Smash would be mind-blowing. He has loads of moveset and stage potential. And once again, the music is awesome.

Steve: I love Minecraft and a Minecraft stage is one of my most wanted stage picks. A traveling stage where it goes from the overworld to the Nether to the End and back would be sweet. I can see them remixing the music to match the action and maybe even keep some songs intact. Steve would be interesting with his potential with potions and a possible crafting system.

Master Chief: The mascot of Xbox in Nintendo's crossover? How hype would that be?! Master Chief has great moveset potential with plasma weapons, shield, chainguns, missiles, etc. And once again, I have to bring up the music which is godly.

Crypto (Destroy All Humans): My ultimate dark horse pick. Most likely never happening. But my god would he have a great moveset potential with the Zap-O-Matic, Disintegrator Ray, Ion Detonator, Disclocator Ray, Meteor Strike, Burrow Beast, Superball, not to mention his PK powers. While a lot of the DAH music is copyrighted, there are still some original music that could still work. And a stage would be charming.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I imagine Bomberman's gimmick would be functionally similar to Snake's gimmick. You plop a bomb down, and then you can throw it, kick it, make it bigger, or leave it there. Bomberman is essentially designed around trapping opponents through chaos, so I imagine he'll use a big bomb with a giant explosion radius over Snake's two small grenades.
Especially if he had a way to switch between his bomb types hes had over the years, like remote bombs and such. If they could find a way to integrate his power ups, like movement speed and explosion radius, that'd be cool. However I think you hit the nail on the head. He'll either manipulate bombs by plopping, tossing or kicking them around the map. It'd be preferred with remote bombs but they likely won't wanna steal BOTW Link's new gimmick.

If he holds the bomb, as you said, he can charge it up but can't throw it nearly as far since it's bigger nor can he kick it if he plops it. Though it'd make him an annoying edge trapper if he had a big explosion that's just ticking and waiting by a ledge. Think a mini Magic Burst but not needing MP. People would get so annoyed. Be pretty hilarious, honestly. They might even integrate the Louies from earlier games for recovery or a side special.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Even though the quantity of posts is less, this is some high quality s*** we're getting. Nice job, you all.

D

Deleted member

Especially if he had a way to switch between his bomb types hes had over the years, like remote bombs and such. If they could find a way to integrate his power ups, like movement speed and explosion radius, that'd be cool. However I think you hit the nail on the head. He'll either manipulate bombs by plopping, tossing or kicking them around the map. It'd be preferred with remote bombs but they likely won't wanna steal BOTW Link's new gimmick.

If he holds the bomb, as you said, he can charge it up but can't throw it nearly as far since it's bigger nor can he kick it if he plops it. Though it'd make him an annoying edge trapper if he had a big explosion that's just ticking and waiting by a ledge. Think a mini Magic Burst but not needing MP. People would get so annoyed. Be pretty hilarious, honestly. They might even integrate the Louies from earlier games for recovery or a side special.
Oh god. The edge-trapping thing sounds amazing.

I agree that elemental and remote bombs would be crazy. I can imagine Bomberman as an interesting multi-tasking character where you have multiple different bombs you can switch between with down-b, and then juggle them around to produce the best or most chaotic results. After all, bombs from Bomberman are easy to predict because they take time to explode. So multiple bombs would give Bomberman an edge over someone like Snake or Banjo while still keeping his identity.

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I would be pretty hype to be honest. I picked up UNIST months ago and I really enjoy playing it.

Also new to this thread.
He'd be hilarious for the same reason as Blazblue characters: turn a sprite-only character into a 3D model.

Still waiting for the Switch version so I can finally try the game, but frankly, the most attractive thing about having UNIB in Smash would be the music.
I'd be hyped for Hyde, But I'd be over the moon if Yuzuriha made it in. From what I saw in BBTAG (never got around playing Under Night), I love her fighting style too.
Pretty hype to be honest.
Thank you to all of you who responded to my post.
I'm just happy to new life to this thread.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
We're doing the ideal characters thing again? Okay.

FP5: 2B(Nier Automata)

Season 2:

1: Dante(Devil May Cry)
2. Lloyd Irving/Velvet Crowe(Tales Of)
3. Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden)
4. Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
5. Sakura Shinguji(Sakura Wars)

Season 3:

1. Solaire/Artorias(Dark Souls)
2. Travis Touchdown(No More Heroes)
3. Death(Darksiders)
4. Reimu Hakurei(Touhou Project)
5. Professor Layton(Professor Layton)

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'll join in, too!

FP5: The Last Dragonborn (The Elder Scrolls)

Season 2:
1. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
2. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
3. Prince of All Cosmos (Katamari)
4. Rayman (Rayman) OR Ezio/Conner (Assassin's Creed)
5. Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) OR AiAi (Super Monkey Ball)

Season 3:

1. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
2. Gex (Gex)
3. Gandhi (Sid Meier's Civilization)
4. Steve (Minecraft) OR Master Chief (Halo)
5. Quote (Cave Story)

BONUS: It's time for a new game! If you could make a new Fighter's Pass but it can only include 4th Party characters, who would you choose? Grey area characters such as Geralt are allowed.

1. Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher)
2. Shrek (Shrek)
3. Minoru Mineta (My Hero Academia)
4. Jar Jar Binks (Star Wars)
5. Kermit the Frog (The Muppets)

D

Deleted member

I was originally hesitant over her, but I'd be down for Katalina after seeing Granblue Versus trailers. It's clearly a world that can make itself stick out in Smash Bros.

Plus the music is kinda great.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
To be fair the Octolings are one of the few avatar characters to be female by default like the Inklings and Wii Fit Trainer. Male octolings didn’t even exist in the first game, aside from one piece of concept art showing DJ Octavio in humanoid form.
I get that but it's just a personal preference for me. Also, it removed Pokemon from consideration altogether.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
BONUS: It's time for a new game! If you could make a new Fighter's Pass but it can only include 4th Party characters, who would you choose? Grey area characters such as Geralt are allowed.

2. Shrek (Shrek)
1. Mickey Mouse (Epic Mickey and Kingdom Hearts references allowed for his moveset)
2. Spiderman or Batman (or any other popular superhero)
3. Goku (I would prefer kid goku with the cloud and the staff, but adult Goku is what people want)
4. Miku Hatsune (grey area actually)
5. Eren from Attack on Titans (the final smash...)
5. Pingu (joke character for slapstick humor and weird noises)

There are countless other possible characters from both western and Japanese media, I tried to select some popular ones with interesting potential gameplay gimmicks. I went for more Japanese than western because Smash usually focuses more on Japanese games.
If you ask me, I would put Mahoujin Guruguru stuff in the list, but I think they are not popular enough (Kitakita Oyaji for FP5!).
EDIT: oh, I forgot PINGU. That would be epic.
EDIT2: screw Eren, AoT is probably too gore for Smash anyway. Pingu is now the fighter 5. Also DC's Batman over Spiderman because Marvel is now Disney and Mickey is already in the list. A Jedi would have been cool but it's too late.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
How would you guys feel if Hyde from Under Night In-Birth got into Smash?
How would I feel if ArcSys's, like, 3rd tier fighting franchise got in before any of it's higher tiers...or Kunio?

Bad. I'd feel bad.

Since I didn't agree with GameXplain's top 100 women list and I won't let them have opinions, I made my own list that's mostly unordered because 100 is too large of a number to order. Only the top 20 are genuinely ordered.
Female character rankings:
1. Fio/Eri/Marco/Tarma driving SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
2. Shantae [Shantae]
3. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
4. Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
5. Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
6. Amaterasu [Okami]
7. Toadette/Captain Toad [Treasure Tracker]
8. Ribbon Girl/Spring Man [ARMS]
9. Impa [Sheik echo]
10. Medusa [Palutena echo]
The end.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Byakuya's theme, Gordeau vs. Chaos' theme, Hilda's theme, and Yuzuriha's theme are my personal favs from Under Night.

One of my most wanted characters is Reiko Nagase from Ridge Racer. She's a race queen, so the idea is to cram a lot of references from several Namco driving games. Her main gimmick: she's a passenger who fights with a f***ing car that she can park and ride inside of. Unlike Wario's bike, you can do everything in that goddamn car. However, once it breaks, another one doesn't spawn unless you lose your stock. She's like a puppet user because you can fight independently and direct the car to run s*** over. However, she's more effective when she gets inside of it, and her move list changes once you do so. Once inside, all damage inflicted upon the car transfers over to Reiko. You also cannot shield inside of the vehicle, but all damage is reduced. You can run over opponents simply by moving around. Pressing the back button puts the vehicle in reverse. Here's an example of how it would work. This is a sample of my MAGNUM OPUS.

Down special (outside of car) - Reiko holds her thumb up in the air like she's hitching a ride. The car drives up to her. It can hit opponents as it approaches. Once it is in range, press the A button to get in that bish. The doors open upwards like a Ferrari. Any opponents above you will get hit as you enter the vehicle.

Up tilt (inside of car) - The trunk pops open and hits overhead.

Up smash (inside of car) - Reiko opens the sunroof and punches you. Only hits directly above the vehicle.

Up smash (outside of car) - A ramp pops up from the ground in front of Reiko and remains in place. You can use this to make the car go airborne when you drive inside of it. The car deals damage when it lands. Opponents can destroy the ramp.

Down smash (inside of car) - It spins out. Spinning out changes the direction the car faces.

Standard A button combo (outside of car) - Reiko waves a racecar flag.

Side tilt (outside of car) - Reiko swings her handbag at you.

Neutral special (outside of car) - Reiko throws a steering wheel at you. Yes, she carries one; this is a Ridge Racer intro reference. Those intros are so goddamn good.

Side special (inside of car) - Oil slick. Leaves a puddle behind that trips opponents.

Up special (inside of car) - The car gets a nitro boost like in Ridge Racer Unbounded and flies upward.

Up special (outside of car) - Parachute. Reiko's sister from Ace Combat loaned her a parachute because f*** yeah.

Up taunt (inside of car) - The lights flicker and you hear the "Prepare to qualify" soundclip from Pole Position.
I've seen the entire thing, and my favorite part is the little obstacles that Reiko can place when she's on foot, so that the car can basically do stunts as it drives toward her/when she drives in it. Ya mentioned the ramp, but you should've talked about an aerial move or two. The speed bump appearing for the car's jumping animation is also a nice touch. Y'all... she even rolls down the window for the down taunt.

Overall, this is hella creative, especially for a non-combatant. It's just... stupid fun sounding. I don't remember the exact number, but aside from the Ridge Racer series, it referenced over 10 different Namco racing games, IIRC. I think there's a car chase cliche or two thrown in as well.

I've posted a handful of Smash movesets as well, and lowkey I've been trying to top this for forever. Thanks for finally sharing (part of it) online, fam. :052:

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
For ideal characters, I'd pick:

FP5: Crash Bandicoot - Crash Bandicoot

Fighter's Pass 2:
1. Hunter - Monster Hunter
2. Reimu - Touhou Project
3. Amaterasu - Okami
4. Spyro - Spyro the Dragon
5. Morrigan - Darkstalkers

1. Spongebob - Spongebob Squarepants
2. Jotaro Kujo (with DIO echo) - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Shrek - Shrek
4. Genos - One Punch Man
5. Agumon (he's pretty gray area imo) - Digimon

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I already think people should stop obsessing over the grass quota, and Rillaboom is the perfect reason to do so. I'm always going on about how its drum isn't portable enough, but besides that, it's supposed to manipulate roots while playing it. How will that make sense on small platforms?
I don't want Rillboom, but those are stupid arguments. Lots of Smash characters have large objects they pull out of nowhere(not that it needs to, since the drum shrinks and attaches to his back when he moves), and multiple characters have ground projectiles that stop at the edge of platforms.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
I'm going gaming-adjacent and 'content-creation software' at the furthest.
  1. Kevin Keene (Captain N and the Video Game Masters)
  2. Segata Sanshiro (Sega Saturn Ad Campaign)
  3. Ratchet Altair (Sakura Wars) [introduced in the movie]
  4. Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)
  5. Clippy (Microsoft Office)
Edit: Or you can replace Clippy with Aya Brea if you want to consider her 'Grey Area'.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

2. Shrek (Shrek)
Despite not originating from video games, I would still want them to have some relevance to them
1. Spiderman (draws primary inspiration from MvC and Spiderman PS4
2. Geralt
3. Homer Simpson (draws primary inspiration from Hit and Run)
4. Spongebob (draws primary inspiration from BfBB)
5,,Goku (draws primary inspiration from DBFZ)

and then the bonus fighter is Spinel. Why?
spineat.png

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Saw other users doing the Fighter Pass thing again, and decided to put my own spin on it by not allowing companies to have more than one DLC character (so no Nintendo, SEGA, Square Enix, Microsoft, or SNK). Here is my list:

FP 5: KOS-MOS - Xenosaga (Bandai Namco)

Season Pass 2:
1. Dante - Devil May Cry (Capcom)
2. Gran/Djeeta - Granblue Fantasy (Cygames)
3. Crash - Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
4. Hayabusa - Ninja Gaiden (Koei Tecmo)
5. Neptune - Hyperdimension Neptunia (Idea Factory)

Season Pass 3:
1. Doomslayer - Doom (Bethesda)
2. Reimu - Touhou (Team Shanghai Alice)
3. Sora - Kingdom Hearts (Disney)
4. Ezio - Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft)
5. Travis - No More Heroes (Grasshopper Manufacture)

Last edited:

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
Ideal Pass
2B

Pass 2:third party again
Master Chief
Travis
Kat Gravity Rush
Dante
Rachel Alucard Blaz Blue (any rep is fine tho)

Pass 3 Nintendo Only
Skull Kid
Fatal Frame rep
Boo
Chibi Robo
Astral Chain Protag

Mixture No Stipulation pass (if i could only have 6 more characters these would be it)
1. 2B
2. Dante
3. Fatal Frame Protag
4. Kat Gravity Rush
5. Rachel Alucard or Nu 13
6. Yumi senran kagura

4th party only
Goku
Batman
Moro (princess mononoke)
Harry Potter
Yusuke Yurameshi (yuyu hakusho

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If you could make a new Fighter's Pass but it can only include 4th Party characters, who would you choose?
Never want to see it happen, but if I did...

1. Scrooge McDuck [DuckTales]
2. Leonardo [TMNT]
3. Batman [Batman]
4. Spider-Man [Spider-Man]
5. Goku [Dragon Ball]

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Perfect FP2:
#1 Master Chief
#2 Crash Bandicoot
#3 Sora
#4 Lara Croft
#5 And..well..Steve..I guess..

FP3 - Spirit Upgrades:
#1 Dixie Kong
#2 Shantae
#3 Rayman
#4 Tails
#5 Geno..DUH

FP - AT Upgrades:
#1 Isaac
#2 Shadow
#3 Skull Kid
#4 Black Knight
#5 Waluigi..of course.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
FP5: KOS-MOS (my guess, not my wish)

Season 2:
1. Crash Bandicoot (Coco Echo)
2. Geno
3. Doom Slayer
4. Ryu Hayabusa (Ayane Echo)
5. Lloyd Irving

Season 3:
1. Lara Croft
2. Spyro the Dragon
3. Dante
4. Heihachi
5. Master Chief

I really wanna throw Monster Hunter in too, but they just barely don't make the cut.

Shovel Knight and Rayman are also personal wants, but they too barely missed the cut.

Reimu is a popular speculation pick, but I don't see her making the cut.

Also, I feel that Nintendo characters will be bonuses rather than in passes, so here is my Nintendo wishlist:
First Party DLC.png

(Echo Fighters: Toadette (Toad), Ribbon Girl (Spring Man), Paper Luigi (Paper Mario).)

Finally, assuming Echo Fighters are on par with Mii Costumes, I could see the following Echoes of existing fighters:
1. Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)
2. Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
3. Proto Man (Mega Man)
4. Zack Fair (Cloud)
5. Jeanne (Bayonetta)

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'll join in, too!

FP5: The Last Dragonborn (The Elder Scrolls)

Season 2:
1. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
2. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
3. Prince of All Cosmos (Katamari)
4. Rayman (Rayman) OR Ezio/Conner (Assassin's Creed)
5. Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) OR AiAi (Super Monkey Ball)

Season 3:

1. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
2. Gex (Gex)
3. Gandhi (Sid Meier's Civilization)
4. Steve (Minecraft) OR Master Chief (Halo)
5. Quote (Cave Story)

2. Shrek (Shrek)
Here's mine:^-^
FP5:
Heavy (Team Fortress)

Wave 2:
Free: Geno (Mario RPG)
1. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
2. Rayman (Rayman)
3. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
4. Doom Slayer (DooM)
5. Steve (Minecraft)

Wave 3: (Most Wanted Fighters)
Free: Octane (Rocket League)
1. Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
2. Poochy (Yoshi)
3. Shake King (Wario)
4. Zacian/Zamazenta (Sword and Shield)
5. Amaterasu (Okami)

4th Party Fighters:
Free: Tom/Jerry (Tom and Jerry)
1. Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
2. Godzilla (Godzilla)
3. Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo!)
4. Deku (My Hero Academia)
5. Meme Man (Surreal Memes)
Note: Godzilla is the 2019 version while his other incarnations are alts.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
FP5
Amaterasu

Free Bonus Character
Elma

Wave 2
Sora
Sakura Shinguji
Shantae
KOS-MOS
Phoenix Wright

Free Bonus Character Lyn (Assist Trophy)

Wave 3
Rayman
Kat (Gravity Rush
Saber
Dante
Terra Branford

Honorable mention: Ryu Hayabusa, Yuzuriha, Blaze the Cat, Tails, Lara Croft, Reimu

Ruby Rose
Ichigo Kurosaki
Spiderman
Naruto
Batman

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
FP5
KOS-MOS (who ain't going to happen)

Season 2
Isaac
Geno
Min Min
Travis Touchdown
Rex & Pyra

Season 3
Dante
Doomguy
Sol Badguy
Shantae
Bomberman

None of these characters are going to happen.
Goku
Luffy
Jotaro
Midoriya
Tanjiro Kamado

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's time for a new game! If you could make a new Fighter's Pass but it can only include 4th Party characters, who would you choose? Grey area characters such as Geralt are allowed.
Oh boy. Do I have a list to reach around the world. Don't make me choose only 5.

1. Steven Universe
2. Spinel (Steven Universe)
3. Darkwing Duck
4. Winnie the Pooh
5. Scrooge McDuck

Honorable Mentions:
6. Basically most Steven Universe characters and fusions
7. Star Butterfly (Star Vs. The Forces of Evil)
8. Ruby Rose (RWBY)
9. Hatsune Miku
10. She-Ra (She-Ra and the Princesses of Power)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Everyone is talking about their DLC picks again? Okay here's mine.

Fighter Pass 5: Sgt. Cortez

Additional DLC 1: Geno
Additional DLC 2: Axel Stone
Additional DLC 3: Crono
Additional DLC 4: Klonoa
Additional DLC 5: Doom Guy
Additional DLC 6: Jin Kazama
Additional DLC 7: Sora
Additional DLC 8: Viewtiful Joe
Additional DLC 9: Maxim (Lufia II)
Additional DLC 10: Master Chief

There we go, it looks beautiful.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If anything, there being no announcement at the Game Awards has me believing in Vergeben even more. He never said there would be a character revealed there. And many of the characters that he "deconfirmed" are BIG characters. If Nintendo had some crazy character to reveal (like Sora, Dante, Crash, Doomslayer, Kratos, etc), I strongly believe it would have been revealed at the show. No reveal leads me to believe that whoever it is will make for a smaller, less impactful reveal - something that would make more sense during a Nintendo Direct than at The Game Awards.

So my faith in Vergeben has not faltered. But I do feel fairly confident that FP5 will mostly cater specifically to the Nintendo/Smash crowd or it's another completely random curveball.

More and more, I'm leaning towards a Nintendo rep. Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, or Zelda. Mayyybe... Waluigi?
Speaking of leakers and TGA. I noticed how Jon became very aggressive after Sabi said Jon could foreshadowing a “no smash reveal in TGA”, which turned out as true. And Jon got more aggressive and irrational over Kosmos after guys in Gamefags assumed he was leaking her in the recent TGA predictions. Those guys in gamefags didn’t even drag Jon into it, JON WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT HER AND THE GUYS INTO THE PICTURE. In essence, Jon is legitimately concerned about activities out of his space, over him leaking Kosmos. It didn’t help that his logic against Kosmos was too poor and he was too focused on her instead of his previous prediction characters.

If we think about it we have about three leakers, Jon being one of them, with completely odd circumstances over Kosmos.

Thanks for the information. I was concerned with potentially absent sources from nowhere. So, why does Kosmos have this thing when the other characters have been more associated with Nintendo than her? I know I have smash predictions on her and she has some crossovers in Nintendo, but it’s so weird even with these things in mind. Maybe there are some Xenosaga ports coming to the switch as well, for familiarity.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I think it's nice that this thread is back to just speculation, without the crazy drama stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom