• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I saw this tweet and have a question for all y'all

Thoughts on if this happened? I'd personally be conflicted as Celeste is a ****ing brilliant game but being able to beat up Madeline just feels absolutely wrong to me
I don't see it happening, especially considering that the line up was absolutely decided upon before they decided to do a VGA reveal.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It fits Color Theory.
But didn't Sabi say that it was someone Vergeben "accidentally" deconfirmed but then backtracked on?
Yes, but at the same time that same source has also absolutely ignored KOS-MOS when Sabi brought her up. So who knows what the **** is going on with that conversation

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would beating up any other video game kid really be as bad as beating up someone like Lucas for example?

Still, it's a fighting game, I'd throw hands with anyone really.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Thoughts on if this happened? I'd personally be conflicted as Celeste is a ****ing brilliant game but being able to beat up Madeline just feels absolutely wrong to me
TRANS REP
TRANS REP

yesyesyesyesyes

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

How would you make a moveset out of a character who can only jump and dash?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Make stuff up, throw in elements from the game the she doesn't necessarily use, be creative.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Would beating up any other video game kid really be as bad as beating up someone like Lucas for example?

Still, it's a fighting game, I'd throw hands with anyone really.
Lucas' world is blatanty fantasy despite the themes alongside the more cartoony aesthetic, I find Celeste more grounded despite this magical mountain
Ask the guy who made a potted plant a character

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Considering where Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Fox, Falco, and Wolf come from. It shouldn't be a big deal. To a lesser extent Pac-Man as well.

Night Gale

Smash Ace

I wouldn't mind Madeline/Badeline but I understand what you mean.

This game looks fantastic but it would feel wrong in Super Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Generic punches and kicks, in-world items like the accelerator orb or feather, maybe summoning Badeline...

It's obviously not gonna happen, but a moveset is not gonna be the thing stopping it.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician

I love Celeste and Madeline but I get what you mean, it's in the same boat as Animal Crossing where I don't think it should be in Smash even though I want it/like it in Smash.
TRANS REP
TRANS REP

yesyesyesyesyes
Madeline isn't trans AFAIK...did I miss something?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I love Celeste and Madeline but I get what you mean, it's in the same boat as Animal Crossing where I don't think it should be in Smash even though I want it/like it in Smash.

Madeline isn't trans AFAIK...did I miss something?
The DLC chapter leaves some heavy suggestions that she is trans, including a bottle of pills similar to what trans people on HRT have and 2 pride flags at her laptop, one being the trans flag

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Considering where Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Fox, Falco, and Wolf come from. It shouldn't be a big deal. To a lesser extent Pac-Man as well.
Pac-Man had plenty of moves to choose from.
Pac Man 2, Pac In Time, and Pac-Man World Trilogy had plenty to pull from had Pac-Man not been so reference heavy.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I dunno, I don't think Celeste is like successful or influential enough to warrant inclusion, so *shrugs*

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pac-Man had plenty of moves to choose from.
Pac Man 2, Pac In Time, and Pac-Man World Trilogy had plenty to pull from had Pac-Man not been so reference heavy.
I meant strictly his origins/most popular version as just eating dots. Hence "To a lesser extent". His Side B and Up-Air are from PMW2 from what I remember. Besides, I had more than enough examples of characters with very little to base off making a full fighting game moveset.

Again, Captain Falcon spending all his time in a really fast car, so make him move really fast and hit hard to somewhat replicate this in another context.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But Donkey Kong, who famously says "Trans Rights", has already been in since 64!
Tbf supporting trans rights doesn't mean DK is trans rep as he may be cis
Even so, it's a spectacular game, I'd recommend it to anyone with any love of Platforming.
Considering the assist mode I feel Celeste is a game that one can recommend to literally anybody

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
The DLC chapter leaves some heavy suggestions that she is trans, including a bottle of pills similar to what trans people on HRT have and 2 pride flags at her laptop, one being the trans flag
Oh I havent played the DLC, I forgot it came out to be honest. That's cool though, granted I'd wait for confirmation of some sort before jumping on said train, but that's just me. Still I already liked the character, cool to see she might represent me in some form.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's also characters like Rosalina and Zelda, who essentially steal **** from the main character of the series to make their movesets. Most of the stuff we see Rosalina do she usually doesn't do in the Mario games(like shooting starbits or using launch stars), but since she's from Galaxy, and it has very unique Mechanics that Mario himself doesn't implement why not apply said mechanics to a side character who originates from the same game as said mechanics. Zelda doesn't ever use Din's Fire, but Link does, and he doesn't need it because dude's got more important staple weapons to pull from.

Any other characters that could/would work like that? Apply one and done moves/gimmicks?

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Tbf supporting trans rights doesn't mean DK is trans rep as he may be cis
A cis main character? In a Nintendo game? Everyone knows that the only Nintendo game that ever had a cis protagonist was Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

. . .Okay but seriously now I kinda wanna edit the "Everyone is here!" line from the E3 2018 trailer into "Everyone is trans!"

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thought I'd do a quick before I go to class (even though I've zero sleep thanks to a cranky neighbour who was arguing all night.)

Anything new?
I dunno, I don't think Celeste is like successful or influential enough to warrant inclusion, so *shrugs*
Would be pretty fine with Celeste. I adore the game but would raise eyebrows compared to bigger indies. I'm betting a Sans situation for Madelene if it happens.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thought I'd do a quick before I go to class (even though I've zero sleep thanks to a cranky neighbour who was arguing all night.)

Anything new?

Would be pretty fine with Celeste. I adore the game but would raise eyebrows compared to bigger indies. I'm betting a Sans situation for Madelene if it happens.
TGA leaks are happening as seen with an Arkham related domain name suddenly popping up

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's also characters like Rosalina and Zelda, who essentially steal **** from the main character of the series to make their movesets. Most of the stuff we see Rosalina do she usually doesn't do in the Mario games(like shooting starbits or using launch stars), but since she's from Galaxy, and it has very unique Mechanics that Mario himself doesn't implement why not apply said mechanics to a side character who originates from the same game as said mechanics. Zelda doesn't ever use Din's Fire, but Link does, and he doesn't need it because dude's got more important staple weapons to pull from.

Any other characters that could/would work like that? Apply one and done moves/gimmicks?
Krystal's a funny case where it would be her staff she uses but Fox uses it for the vast majority of it's debut game. This is what happens when the second character gets demoted to damsel during development.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
TGA leaks are happening as seen with an Arkham related domain name suddenly popping up
New Batman game? That would be ok.
Today's going to be tick-tock, tick-tock with no sleep and election added. I'm so nervous about everything happening today.
Its going to be long for sure.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Madeline's not got too much in a base moveset, expecially if her climbing is out but she could make good use of the various level gimmicks to fill in her attacks.

Not to mention she's now at ease with her dark side and they two can work together.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Well this is interesting....
Assuming this is real this is exactly the kind of **** YungLink mentioned a while ago and I feel sad because of it

Shroob

Sup?

Well this is interesting....
>Mario Kart Tour

>Copyright striking a Smash Mod

What kind of ****ing weirdass **** is this.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
KOS-MOS is going to be a guest character in Mario Kart Tour. Well Namco did help with that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom