• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Even if it's intentional foreshadowing, it's so vague that everyone is going to see what they want to see. I could easily go about convincing myself that Daisy means one of the characters I want is getting in, because there's like five Undertale characters who are royalty and associated with flowers. But that doesn't mean I would be right. This picture of Daisy is practically a Rorschach Test for smash speculators.

Does Daisy being there mean the character is named after a flower? Just associated with flowers? That it's a girl? That they're royalty? That the character is a brunette? That they wear lots of yellow and orange? Who knows! People will cherry pick whichever of those descriptors applies to a character they prefer.
So far we've seen KOS-MOS, Travis, Amazee Daisy, Honey Queen, and Amaterasu. Some characters might be more serious mentions than others.

I'm surprised none of the characters mentioned were named Sakura.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So far we've seen KOS-MOS, Travis, Amazee Daisy, Honey Queen, and Amaterasu. Some characters might be more serious mentions than others.

A fellow Sakura Wars fan friend of mine keeps hoping we get something Sakura Wars related so anything for us would be nice haha.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I think coincidence. Elma always struck me as God's servant/protector.
True but there are a lot of different names with that meaning, especially in Hebrew, but they went with a German one that also happens to be named after a flower. It could have more than one meaning like with KOS-MOS.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I always just whip this out every time someone genuinely wants to understand.

I'm sure that other supporters can chime in as well.

And like always, reading the first post in a support thread tends to give some insight.
I appreciate that you hold my post in such a high regard, haha.

There's a lot to love about Geno, but that stuff to love is niche to an extend and I'll always acknowledge that. Not caring for Geno is perfectly fine! So long as you aren't bringing people down for it it's fine. I also do certainly know a fair number of people have given Geno's supporters a reputation that I don't think many of us our proud of, but I could honestly say the same about a good number of supporters of characters who are now in Smash.

Don't really know where I'm going with this, lol.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I remember hearing that Vergeben deconfirmed all Capcom characters, Phoenix included.
I don't recall Vergeben commenting on Capcom or Travis. Just looked up his history.
can't tell if you are serious but

Yes, she very much is.
Just give her leggings like they did Mythra and :ultcorrinf:.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Phoenix isn't deconfirmed totally yet. He just exists in a kind of limbo state where one leaker is saying "no he's not in", a second leaker is saying "don't believe that first leaker", and the third leaker refuses to comment on anything.
It still feels weird how the second leaker, Sabi, reacted to the first leaker, an NoA insider. It's been said that the latter was a source of insider information for the former, and they've been providing accurate info to boot. So you'd think Sabi would agree with their statement, or at least go "They're no longer my source, but they've been accurate so far, so they're probably right," right?

My guess... either Sabi hasn't heard anything about Capcom's supposed deconfirmation from their current source and are working on verifying it right now... or, Sabi has heard something from their current source implying Capcom isn't deconfirmed, which would mean that at least one person, knowingly or unknowingly, is giving out some false info.

Plank08

Smash Lord
At this point I’ll just hop on the sackboy train, And before people tell me reasons why don’t won’t happen, I know but at this point the rest of my most wanted got brutally murdered and our other candidates either make no sense/too random, I feel that Sony is big enough that it would be chosen even if it was random

CureParfait

Smash Ace
  • Princess Athena (Athena)
  • Princess Lana (Captain N and the Video Game Masters)
  • Kaguya Houraisan (Touhou Project)
  • Princess Devilotte de Deathsatan IX (Cyberbots)
  • Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime) [kinda]
  • Saber Artoria (Fate)
    • Like... 80% of Fate in general, honestly...
  • Solange Blachefleur de Luxe (Code of Princess) [not for good boys and girls of varying ages]
  • Sonia Blanche and Excela Noa Aura (Shining Resonance)
  • Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesparia)
  • Sylvanas Windrunner (Warcraft) [Warchief is close enough]
  • Empress Cygnus (Maple Story)
  • Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII)
  • Penny-Punching Princess, Fat Princess, the Princess Guide characters, etc.
Just for starters...
And this is where someone comes in to yell at me for forgetting their favourite character.
Or one of mine. I do that too sometimes.
For the MapleStory part Mercedes is also related to royalty as well.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
No matter what happens I'm just glad my handsome Gary Stu made it in. So I'll just sit back and watch the fireworks.
43ab8e5707eb698c2ef43a63356da621.jpg

Plank08

Smash Lord
I'd think the most likely Sony rep is Kratos, but I could see Sackboy getting in.
I genuinely feel sackboy has an edge:
A more unique moveset
Completely different from all other FP characters
Idk if sakurai ever said he liked LBP but hopefully he did
He is the de facto PS3 rep
Sony hasn’t forgotten about him
He isn’t quite as popular as Kratos, and Sony might make sakurai not choose Kratos cause he is the PS4 mascot at this point
And cause I said so:ultpacman:

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think that not only is this “Daisy Gate” showing that the last dlc character will be a female but also indiciates that it will be a royalty-type character. Also, one that starts with D and has a flower theme cause why couldn’t they choose Zelda or Peach? I also believe it indicates that the color of the character will be orange and will be from the Mario series.

With all those dots connected, I feel 100% certain that none other than Daisy will be fighter number 5!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think that not only is this “Daisy Gate” showing that the last dlc character will be a female but also indiciates that it will be a royalty-type character. Also, one that starts with D and has a flower theme cause why couldn’t they choose Zelda or Peach? I also believe it indicates that the color of the character will be orange and will be from the Mario series.

With all those dots connected, I feel 100% certain that none other than Daisy will be fighter number 5!
Mario Strikers Daisy with all her quotes please!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Again, I think people are reading too deeply into it, but I wonder why Arle was not the first thing that did not jump at people's minds. I am not even a Puyo Puyo or Arle supporter, and I quickly thought of this.
You saw a character making a victory sign, something like, half of all Japanese characters do, and your FIRST thought was Puyo Puyo...

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
With the mention of some SEGA characters again, I kinda wish Phantasy Star had more of a chance in the running because honestly one of the OG 4 protagonists, like Alis or Chaz would be great.

Then we'd have like the old classic JRPG war all in Smash, that being Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star and SMT (Through Persona).

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Just want to ask: What is this about a huge deconfirmation list (including Sora, Lloyd, etc) I see people saying on Twitter? For that matter this female royalty character people here are saying is Fighter 5?

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
With the mention of some SEGA characters again, I kinda wish Phantasy Star had more of a chance in the running because honestly one of the OG 4 protagonists, like Alis or Chaz would be great.

Then we'd have like the old classic JRPG war all in Smash, that being Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Phantasy Star and SMT (Through Persona).
I'm obviously on the PSO boat, and I'll ride that thing down into the abyss if I have to, but seeing any Phantasy Star support is nice.

Sakura was mentioned. :-(

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Just want to ask: What is this about a huge deconfirmation list (including Sora, Lloyd, etc) I see people saying on Twitter? For that matter this female royalty character people here are saying is Fighter 5?
For the former, it's a bunch of leaker talk they keep deconfirming companies and characters, without actually saying who #5 is.

For the latter, an image with all the DLC characters + Daisy showed up for one of the posts to celebrate Ultimate being a year old, which is making some think she's a placeholder for #5 in said image.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Felt like updating my DLC Wishlist by splitting up the 1st Party & 3rd Parties.

ezgif-6-88288890aac9.gif

- Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
- Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
- Gardevoir (Pokémon)
- Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
- Krystal (StarFox)

Now with Asuka.gif

- Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
- 2B (NieR Automata)
- Asuka (Senran Kagura)
- Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier/King of Fighters)
- Zero (Mega Man Zero)

ezgif-6-5cf1a18f3916.gif

- Medusa (Kid Icarus)
- Octoling (Splatoon)
- Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
- Hilda (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)
- Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Cute Zelda sig
Zelzel.png

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Felt like updating my DLC Wishlist by splitting up the 1st Party & 3rd Parties.

View attachment 250751
- Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
- Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
- Gardevoir (Pokémon)
- Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
- Krystal (StarFox)

View attachment 250752
- Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
- 2B (NieR Automata)
- Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier/King of Fighters)
- Zero (Mega Man Zero)
- KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)

View attachment 250753
- Medusa (Kid Icarus)
- Octoling (Splatoon)
- Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
- Hilda (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)
- Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Nice. My main wishlist (since I got Richter and Terry in this game somehow already).

Is basically a Falcom rep (be it Adol from Ys or Rean from Trails)
Ryu Hayabusa
a select few others, but honestly smash has done a lot for me already that it feels weird i'm asking for more still.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You saw a character making a victory sign, something like, half of all Japanese characters do, and your FIRST thought was Puyo Puyo...
None of the characters people are throwing out there have official artwork of that (or at least that is very well known). Literally the first image you get when looking up Arle on google is her official artwork of making that pose. And it is usually the piece of artwork people post when explaining who Arle is. There is very good reason I said that. Look up "Arle puyo puyo" on google right now, and tell me what is the first image or one of the first images you get.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm obviously on the PSO boat, and I'll ride that thing down into the abyss if I have to, but seeing any Phantasy Star support is nice.

Sakura was mentioned. :-(
I never got super into PSO but I absolutely adore the original set of games (well not so much 3 but I admire it's ambition). Phantasy Star IV is like one of my favorite JRPGs of all time.

Also Sakura Wars getting stuff would be cool in general too. I had fun with the demo of the new one. (I've also played the first with a super old transcript that sadly got nuked).

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Just crazy shenanigans that somehow end up with us discussing why a Pegasus rider from Fire Emblem is our next DLC.
How did that happen? Also, Caeda doesn't sound like a bad idea all things considered.
Think this video is fairly interesting even though the GE guys don't spend too much time on each character

Assuming that @Lesley Black Velvet will enjoy this one quite a bit too

EDIT: Forgot to link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RucPtvNNCyI
It now has 666 dislikes.

Calane

Smash Ace
Here is another thing for those of you that think the Daisy screenshot is a hint towards Arle.

The pose Daisy makes in the screenshot:

An official piece of artwork for Arle:

Again, I think people are reading too deeply into it, but I wonder why Arle was not the first thing that did not jump at people's minds. I am not even a Puyo Puyo or Arle supporter, and I quickly thought of this.
Arle's been known to throw out the "peace sign" quite a bit, actually.

Arle201110060115f15th.png Character_Arle_PuyoPuyon_2.png D9BtVLUXoAI4hf_.jpg Img204606_l.png Img221404_l.png 20161216130108!Arle_PuyoPuyoChronicles.png Arle_Win.png

Additionally, both Arle and Daisy happen to be tomboyish brunettes (and Arle's signature spell "Bayoen" involves flowers as well).

I have doubts that any of this actually means anything, though.

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
At this point I’ll just hop on the sackboy train, And before people tell me reasons why don’t won’t happen, I know but at this point the rest of my most wanted got brutally murdered and our other candidates either make no sense/too random, I feel that Sony is big enough that it would be chosen even if it was random
The "disconfirmed" characters are only "disconfirmed" for Fighter Pass 5, you can't call them "dead" as if they have zero chance of being DLC after that...

... unless it's Resident Evil, that one in REALLY unlikely.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The "disconfirmed" characters are only "disconfirmed" for Fighter Pass 5, you can't call them "dead" as if they have zero chance of being DLC after that...

Man poor RE, I always felt if Capcom were to get another character even if it wasn't as DLC 5 it'd be between RE and DMC, now it just seems like if they get one it'll probably be DMC. (Gut feeling on that one post pass).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Let it be known that no matter how big you are, how popular you are, how historic you are, how many sales you have, or how many people want you,

Always ready for your franchise to be spirited away.

D

Deleted member

Let it be known that no matter how big you are, how popular you are, how historic you are, how many sales you have, or how many people want you,

Always ready for your franchise to be spirited away.
IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU.

It's like sending a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom