• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
you know I Find it funny how this fake game awards leak managed to get hzd on pc and kh3 remind Jan 2020 delay right but it’s obviously gonna end up fake because of smtV Clock tower remake and kos-mos is 5, while verge said NAMCO ISN'T 5
View attachment 250618
Kos Mos? Really? So she’s appropriate for good boys and girls? :p

Night Gale

Smash Ace
The thought just occurred to me that there are strangers out there whose favorite video game character and most wanted was Mario, and everything added to the game is a bonus. I envy those people.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
The thought just occurred to me that there are strangers out there whose favorite video game character and most wanted was Mario, and everything added to the game is a bonus. I envy those people.
Ya know, I DO have some of my favs in, like Bowser Jr, Kirby and Yoshi, but I never quite liked how they played, so I'm on the never-ending quest of getting a most wanted char with a moveset I do like.

I think though, at the end of the day, the trick is to just be happy about what you have. You'll take disconfirmations and the like much easier that way.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
just got back, what happened while I was gone
Sora's in FP5 Limbo.

We got ourselves another suppose leak that FP5 might be Reimu, KOS-MOS or such due to relating to flowers or Doom Slayer being that his rabbit was named Daisy. Assuming the chance Vergeben and Sabi were wrong about the latter two.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
just got back, what happened while I was gone
We're so bored that we've decided to pretend a picture of Daisy surrounded by DLC characters on the official twitter is a hint towards who #5 will be.

So... not much.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What if they just arranged the pic like this?
:ultjoker::ulthero:: 2010s characters
:ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:: 90s characters
:ultdaisy::ultpiranha:: Mario newcomers
So in other words, the DLC fighter Daisy is connected to is...Piranha Plant, not the upcoming one.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
We're so bored that we've decided to pretend a picture of Daisy surrounded by DLC characters on the official twitter is a hint towards who #5 will be.

So... not much.
Pretending? The picture is weird as f cause Daisy doesn’t fit in.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is another thing for those of you that think the Daisy screenshot is a hint towards Arle.

The pose Daisy makes in the screenshot:

An official piece of artwork for Arle:

Again, I think people are reading too deeply into it, but I wonder why Arle was not the first thing that did not jump at people's minds. I am not even a Puyo Puyo or Arle supporter, and I quickly thought of this.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I dont think Takahashi ever explained the origin of the name but it definitely isn't flower. I think Elma is something to do with God given the events in the game and how she protects everyone. It is a reference to Mary in Xenosaga and Elma also resembles T-ELOS and KOS-MOS. I would be very interested to hear what they have to say about her in the future.

But Xenosaga really has a recurring theme with flowers. All these characters specifically are named after flowers: Shion, Juli, MOMO, Sakura, KOS-MOS (cosmos flower but also KOS-MOS means order as well)
Whether deliberate or a coincidence is up for debate, but Elma does not break the flower naming convention.

https://www.eurodahlia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/elmaelizabeth.jpg

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Again, I think people are reading too deeply into it, but I wonder why Arle was not the first thing that did not jump at people's minds. I am not even a Puyo Puyo or Arle supporter, and I quickly thought of this.
Because Arle is for good boys and girls... and most people want female characters that are not for good boys and girls. :troll:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Arle will be the one to fill the Lip shaped hole in my heart... if she's in of course.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Pretending? The picture is weird as f cause Daisy doesn’t fit in.
Even if it's intentional foreshadowing, it's so vague that everyone is going to see what they want to see. I could easily go about convincing myself that Daisy means one of the characters I want is getting in, because there's like five Undertale characters who are royalty and associated with daisy-like yellow flowers. But that doesn't mean I would be right. This picture of Daisy is practically a Rorschach Test for smash speculators.

Does Daisy being there mean the character is named after a flower? Just associated with flowers? That it's a girl? That they're royalty? That the character is a brunette? That they wear lots of yellow and orange? Who knows! People will cherry pick whichever of those descriptors applies to a character they prefer.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The fandom sure is going to get blown out of the water so hard, when the character isnt one of the 5 characters people constantly talk about.
And who would those be?
As far as I know, every single commonly talked about character has been deconfirmed implicitly or explicitly.

Except like... Fortnite Jonesy

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know if any indies could get in. The biggest ones are already out, but for Shantae, it's only if Spirits are considered to be deconfirmations.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
And who would those be?
As far as I know, every single commonly talked about character has been deconfirmed implicitly or explicitly.

Except like... Fortnite Jonesy
I think AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea is trying to imply that it's a character that isn't commonly talked about.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Phoenix Wright and Travis have both been disconfirmed.
Phoenix isn't deconfirmed totally yet. He just exists in a kind of limbo state where one leaker is saying "no he's not in", a second leaker is saying "don't believe that first leaker", and the third leaker refuses to comment on anything.

I remember hearing that Vergeben deconfirmed all Capcom characters, Phoenix included.
Verge hasn't said anything in days.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I don't know if any indies could get in. The biggest ones are already out, but for Shantae, it's only if Spirits are considered to be deconfirmations.
Quote would be a fitting one considering Cave Story kind of lead the charge of the whole Indie boom.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I still think it would be a good idea to dig up a bunch of old 4chan leaks that mention FP5 and the fighter isn't any of the **** deconfirmed so far; after that someone should tally up how often certain names are mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom